Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals (36009 Views)

Kano Hisbah Bans Use Of Mannequins For Display Of Clothes By Tailors, Boutique O / Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics / Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Germi9: 11:44am On Dec 09, 2019
Let the dead bury the dead
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by mumumugu(m): 11:45am On Dec 09, 2019
APOPTOSIS:
Are these FOREIGN CHURCHES now deciding how AFRICANS should run their CULTURES...??Or what..??

Anglican communion of Nigeria ,, is not under foreign authority

3 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by mumumugu(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2019
the brochure part, I cannot understand. anybody can.print a book, or sourvenir, jota with pics and pass it around
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2019
Despirado121:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/anglican-church-bans-brochure-asoebi-in-burials.html

Pure joblessness.

Asoebi n brochures aren't compulsory anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by LifeOfTrigga(m): 11:50am On Dec 09, 2019
grin so the money will go to offering and tithes grin
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by LordTosinJ(m): 11:53am On Dec 09, 2019
APOPTOSIS:
Are these FOREIGN CHURCHES now deciding how AFRICANS should run their CULTURES...??Or what..??
Did you read the OP at all

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2019
i was thinking they will ban sales of items in the church something tagged "Bazzar"....

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by chigoizie7(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2019
Thank God.

They should also ban sharing of gift items.
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Romanoff(f): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
Fool. This is how you guys go about inciting tribal war with your misguided comments. What has Yoruba got to do with the post?

You are a retarrd sha. Is "asoebi" not a Yoruba word.

Oponu oshi. Alai lopolo.
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by drololaaof: 11:58am On Dec 09, 2019
The headline should be Anglucan on the Niger,the motive is a very good one, I hope all other Anglican dioceses in Nigeria will adopt it. It help to reduce the nylon ankara
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by grandstar(m): 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
I'm not a fan of aso ebi. It's just a waste of money.

If the celebrant bought it for others, okay. Why should I compel someone to pay for it from thrir pocket for my celebration or vice versa? it's a load not worth carrying.(Read Hebrews 12:1)

Women waste so much money on this nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Olodo24: 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Funerals still remains expensive cos this doesn't affect the many traditional rights been performed during funerals
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Karmaisme(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Romanoff:
Yoruba people will not like this.

You need to take your drugs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Romanoff(f): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Karmaisme:

You need to take your drugs.

Bring yours for me. Since you don't know that "asoebi" is a Yoruba word. Oponu.
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Psoul(m): 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
buygala:
Nice one kiss

Even though since there is no Brochure/Table of events, how do people like me who attend burials mainly for the food know when 'Item 7' is due so that we can plan our gatecrashing accordingly?

What is "Even though" doing in this ur sentence?
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Pidginwhisper: 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
Romanoff:

Oponu oshi. Alai lopolo.
Wish I understood what you typed up there, but then keep barking.

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by adenigga(m): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Romanoff:

I'm a Yoruba guy!

But you are on point 120%.

I agreed with you totally!

May God bless you for voicing out your mind without giving a damn.
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by mrkings84(m): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
No time brochure and asoebi were mandatory as only those who have money go for these.....

2 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by buygala(m): 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Psoul:

What is "Even though" doing in this ur sentence?

Please 'Even though' help me remove it Sir smiley

And also please help me remove the 'even though' I added in this comment sad
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by IYANGBALI: 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
Romanoff:
you and those that gave you likes are mumu. Aso ebi has gained ground in the whole of Nigeria except your poverty stricken family

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Romanoff(f): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
IYANGBALI:
you and those that gave you likes are mumu. Aso ebi has gained ground in the whole of Nigeria except your poverty stricken family

Will you shut up?

First of all find out what "asoebi" means and where it originated from. I am a Yoruba woman and we love our asoebi, even for burials. That's how you differentiate the family from guests.

Please educate yourself and shift.

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by ceejay80s(m): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
nzeobi:
Allod people to pay respect which ever way the feel.

Is wearing aso ebi paying respect? Just to put unnecessary wahala on others becos u wan bury person

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by IYANGBALI: 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
Romanoff:

Oponu oshi. Alai lopolo.
so because it a yoruba word only Yorubas make use of it abi?oponu ode oshi. Beg mosquitos to borrow you brain

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by IYANGBALI: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
Romanoff:

Will you shut up?

First of all find out what "asoebi" means and where it originated from. I am a Yoruba woman and we love our asoebi, even for burials. That's how you differentiate the family from guests.

Please educate yourself and shift.
you are a fool. The post is not is not about the meaning of aso ebi but the use of it at burials, so fok off and get a life
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Romanoff(f): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
IYANGBALI:
you are a fool. The post is not is not about the meaning of aso ebi, so fok off and get a life

Just educate yourself. Oponu
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Romanoff(f): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
IYANGBALI:
so because it a yoruba word only Yorubas make use of it abi?oponu ode oshi. Beg mosquitos to borrow you brain

Beg sugar ants for theirs.

Oshisco
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by IYANGBALI: 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Romanoff:

Just educate yourself. Oponu
no you go and get educated on what aso ebi means and it is being used everywhere except in your poor family that can't afford it.
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Uguruzik(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Free people and let them spend their money, the only money that is wasted is the one that got burnt and the one that was destroyed by termite, rust, water etc.
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Uguruzik(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Free people and let them spend their money, the only money that is wasted is the one that got burnt and the one that was destroyed by termite, rust, water etc..
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by Uguruzik(m): 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
Free people and let them spend their money, the only money that is wasted is the one that got burnt and the one that was destroyed by termite, rust, water etc.
Re: Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals by majamajic(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
LordTosinJ:
Op edit the title not Anglican church but Anglican Church on the Niger.

this law has been in Aguata , Anambra since last year

during my mum's burial they told us , and it saved us a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olayide Bakare Celebrates 60th Birthday (photos) / Daddy Freeze: I Was Attacked By Religious Mafia, It's Not God's Wrath / Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.