Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. (7103 Views)

Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband / How Can One Handle "Ur Wife Sleeps With Other Man(men) Messages? / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 11:26am On Dec 09, 2019
Please pardon my very long post. I also had to open another account so as to post this.
I am in my mid 20s been married for 5years with two kids.
Have been in a long distance marriage since I got married due to the fact that I have been running a degree programme which will come to an end by next year.
So,I practically see my husband when we're on holidays or during strike. But we talk every time, I'm in the east schooling and he's in the south. My husband provides more than the basic needs,he's a great husband and a good father.
I know I sound selfish, but he doesn't satisfy my emotional needs,and he agrees to it.. whenever we call it's just about the kids and my school, we don't talk personal stuffs, he's not passionate, he finds it difficult saying "I love you " unlike before. He doesn't indulge me when I say it also... when I try to sex chat with him, he shifts it away. Whenever we're on holidays and am home, he doesn't also give me time, his work is not flexible but the little opportunity he gets he would rather go out.
No woman calls him in my present, but there's been incidents that has prompted me doubt his fidelity. After I gave birth in March,I went back to school because the strike was called of.i became depressed, I will talk with my husband yet I felt he was emotionally distance from me, sometimes during argument he would flay up and rain abuses on me... during love making with my husband, he cant even keep an eye contact or reply the "I love you " I say to him during sex. Ps:my husband is in his mid 30s.
He doesn't notice any effort I make as a young wife to keep the spark in our marriage. In July,guy chat me up from a group on telegram.. I haven't seen this guy, but I would have seen him if he's close.we have been talking every day for 5months,chatting, sexchating, video calls,he tells me everything a woman wants to hear. He doesn't know am married. I'm in too deep, how do I stop loving him, I love my husband too,but he's not making any effort towards romance in our marriage.. please I need advice, insult, anything that can get me back on track. I know am cheating emotionally on my husband, but talking with this other man has kept me sane amidst all the challenges I have. How do I stop this, cause recently I noticed I cant stand conversation with my husband, not that we discuss anything that makes me feel like a woman. Please help!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by daddytime(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm

Is it a Ned and Regina kinda marriage, if yes, just manage am because you just can't eat your kpuff kpuff and still have it. Something has got to give.

Una dooohhh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by crackhaus: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2019
Another one cheesy

So a man who provides more than the basic needs and is a great father suddenly doesn't love you because he does not say 'I love you back' during sex.

Aunty, just say you want to fvck this Telegram guy and you're looking for excuses. Is it not who will reply your 'I love you' during sex that you're looking for?
Look no further - it's that Telegram guy, I know him very well. I've heard he likes to shout 'I love you' during sex like a billy goat.

Mumu

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by IceeSeth: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2019
There's an underlying problem somewhere that's causing what you're seeing now. And maybe something else is taking his attention away.

I think you should start by telling him about your feelings and how it has been affecting you.

Getting attention from another person can only divide you both further and further till it turns to divorce.

Approach your husband for a start!

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by dawnomike(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2019
I understand what you're going through... But, please and please for the sake of your kids, do the right thing.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Pubichairs(m): 11:55am On Dec 09, 2019
Till u lose ur husband because of ur selfish desires..don't come here to disturb us..

Isn't it obvious..that the other guy wants to eat ur cake..

Have u talked to him about it? Nigerian ladies u lot are useless, sorry to say...even in marriage u don't offer a tangible something rather than sex.. Godforbid

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
crackhaus:
Another one cheesy

So a man who provides more than the basic needs and is a great father suddenly doesn't love you because he does not say 'I love you back' during sex.

Aunty, just say you want to fvck this Telegram guy and you're looking for excuses. Is it not who will reply your 'I love you' during sex that you're looking for?
Look no further - it's that Telegram guy, I know him very well. I've heard he likes to shout 'I love you' during sex like a billy goat.
Okay thanks, I need the insult, maybe it will help get me right on track.
Mumu
Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
IceeSeth:
There's an underlying problem somewhere that's causing what you're seeing now. And maybe something else is taking his attention away.

I think you should start by telling him about your feelings and how it has been affecting you.

Getting attention from another person can only divide you both further and further till it turns to divorce.

Approach your husband for a start!
thank you, I have cried, screamed, talked, even joked about it,but he doesn't want to understand, he used to be very sweet and passionate about us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
dawnomike:
I understand what you're going through... But, please and please for the sake of your kids, do the right thing.
thank you.
Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote author=Pubichairs post=84761581]Till u lose ur husband because of ur selfish desires..don't come here to disturb us..

Isn't it obvious..that the other guy wants to eat ur cake..

Have u talked to him about it? Nigerian ladies u lot are useless, sorry to say...even in marriage u don't offer a tangible something rather than sex.. Godforbid [/Okay thanks, I need the insult, maybe it will help get me right on track. And I have things to offer other than sex,thanks.
Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by iamswizz(m): 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
until you commit adultery, you may not stop loving him grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Xsem(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
You are very useless.
A man is out there toiling and hustling to make ends meet for the family, satisfying all aspects of your life and yet you can't find something meaningful to focus on rather you go about cheating on him on the guise of him handicapping you emotionally. Just negodu a married woman

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
Xsem:
You are very useless.
A man is out there toiling and hustling to make ends meet for the family, satisfying all aspects of your life and yet you can't find something meaningful to focus on rather you go about cheating on him on the guise of him handicapping you emotionally. Just negodu a married woman

thanks but am very much useful, I am not useless just because I crave for emotional satisfaction, we all need it sir, your insult may help though.

20 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by zeestone99(m): 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Most Women are just selfish... See how all this man's investment goes down the drain. When they get one they crave for another,if you don't have they go elsewhere, Forgeting all your sacrifices.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by fertilewomb: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
You need to stop communicating with that other man. The earlier you stop, the better.

You are one step closer to committing adultery and I bet you, you will regret the acts afterwards.

Stop calling that other guy, block him if possible, delete his number and above all tell him that you are married with kids

18 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Olannajewel:
Please pardon my very long post. I also had to open another account so as to post this.

SPARE US THIS INTRODUCTION, NOBODY CARES! undecided

I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BUT, IF YOU EVENTUALLY CHEAT, I WILL NOT BLAME YOU.

MEN NEED TO LEARN THAT SOMETIMES, MONEY AND PROVISIONS IS NOT ENOUGH.
IF YOU CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER, SPEND TIME AND LISTEN TO HER, YOU'RE ONLY WASTING YOUR TIME.

PLEASE TELL MR. TELEGRAM TO USE PROTECTION JUST IN CASE.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by KanwuliaExtra: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
You are going through a test or phase every married man or woman will definitely go through.

Rule #1. Never date a single person if you are married. You are stepping beneath your rank and file.

You need to stop that crap right there and now. He has nothing to lose and you have EVERYTHING TO LOSE.

It is not love but LUST.

You are playing a dangerous game and you are a novice at it. Nothing good can come out of this 'crush' you have on this 'boy toy'.
He has nothing to offer.
Abeg go find beta 'frog' chop!
If your marriage crashes. . . .it would be shameful to point in the direction of a 'RIFF RAFF' as the cause!
Please, play the game of MARITAL CHAMPIONS WHO CAN CHOP AND STILL KEEP THEIR MARRIAGES!
First, you must GROW UP! You need to think with the head above your waist.kiss

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by IamR: 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:
You are going through a test or phase every married man or woman will definitely go through.

Rule #1. Never date a single person if you are married. You are stepping beneath your rank and file.

You need to stop that crap right there and now. He has nothing to lose and you have EVERYTHING TO LOSE.

It is not love but LUST.

You are playing a dangerous game and you are a novice. Nothing good can come out of this 'crush' you have on this 'boy toy'.
He has nothing to offer.
If you marriage crashes. . . .it would be shameful to point in the direction of a 'RIFF RAFF' as the cause!
Please, play the game of CHAMPIONS!
First, you must GROW UP! kiss

OP, that's for you and others in your shoe.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Vyolet(f): 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
If you have sex with lover boy and you get caught, you have everything to lose while he has nothing to lose.
Your way older husband will still get another younger woman to marry and if you are unlucky, you won't have access to your kids.
Use your head girl, have some patience, wait till you graduate from school, start living with your husband and build a close relationship, you will bring out the baby boy in him and you will be surprised at how much of a lover boy he can be.

24 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
undecided
Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by wunmi590(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
undecided

Your attitude really got me to the bone, I really feel for the man who has been trying all his best to make you a better woman, despite the fact that not all men can allow the privilege of what he has given to you, providing your basic needs, and even allowed you to go to school while you are married in another state.

My advice, please and please cut off from that guy, and concentrate on your studies, making your husband proud by graduating with a good grade should be on your mind now, what you looking for after 2kids, when you are still schooling.

Your husband loves you, I guess the main reason he changed is because he wants to give you more space to read and graduate top of your class without having to regret why you went to school.

After your school and he still behave like that, then you can come on nairaland and ask what you need to do more to make him attend to you more.

You are already exposing yourself and endangering yourself by sexxx chating with another person.

Please desist from that and face your book...

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
zeestone99:
Most Women are just selfish... See how all this man's investment goes down the drain. When they get one they crave for another,if you don't have they go elsewhere, Forgeting all your sacrifices.
I agree that am selfish, we all have tendencies to be. I acknowledge his sacrifices and I am thankful always. Asides providing for me,I need a friend in my husband.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=84765637]

[color=#990000]SPARE US THIS INTRODUCTION, NOBODY CARES! undecided

I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BUT, IF YOU EVENTUALLY CHEAT, I WILL NOT BLAME YOU.

MEN NEED TO LEARN THAT SOMETIMES, MONEY AND PROVISIONS IS NOT ENOUGH.
IF YOU CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER, SPEND TIME AND LISTEN TO HER, YOU'RE ONLY WASTING YOUR TIME.

PLEASE TELL MR. TELEGRAM TO USE PROTECTION JUST IN CASE.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

It is not love but LUST.

You are playing a dangerous game and you are a novice at it. Nothing good can come out of this 'crush' you have on this 'boy toy'.
He has nothing to offer.
If your marriage crashes. . . .it would be shameful to point in the direction of a 'RIFF RAFF' as the cause!
Please, play the game of MARITAL CHAMPIONS WHO CAN CHOP AND STILL KEEP THEIR MARRIAGES!
First, you must GROW UP! You need to think with the head above your waist.kiss

lol, thank you.
Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Vyolet:
If you have sex with lover boy and you get caught, you have everything to lose while he has nothing to lose.
Your way older husband will still get another younger woman to marry and if you are unlucky, you won't have access to your kids.
Use your head girl, have some patience, wait till you graduate from school, start living with your husband and build a close relationship, you will bring out the baby boy in him and you will be surprised at how much of a lover boy he can be.
thank you, but a little compassion and romance isn't wrong to ask.. tomorrow is not assured,I don't own my life, so why can't I enjoy my husband now? �

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
wunmi590:
undecided

Your attitude really got me to the bone, I really feel for the man who has been trying all his best to make you a better woman, despite the fact that not all men can allow the privilege of what he has given to you, providing your basic needs, and even allowed you to go to school while you are married in another state.

My advice, please and please cut off from that guy, and concentrate on your studies, making your husband proud by graduating with a good grade should be on your mind now, what you looking for after 2kids, when you are still schooling.

Your husband loves you, I guess the main reason he changed is because he wants to give you more space to read and graduate top of your class without having to regret why you went to school.

After your school and he still behave like that, then you can come on nairaland and ask what you need to do more to make him attend to you more.

You are already exposing yourself and endangering yourself by sexxx chating with another person.

Please desist from that and face your book...
thank you, but I have been making him proud, I adore and appreciate him, I am not a bad woman, I just want a little romance, friendship and compassion from my husband.. this has been going on for 4 years now, I don't own my life, tomorrow is not assured, am I wrong to want to feel like a woman from my husband. I read so hard,more than i should, just to continue making him proud. But i need a friend in my husband. Thank you cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by bukatyne(f): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Olannajewel:
thank you, I have cried, screamed, talked, even joked about it,but he doesn't want to understand, he used to be very sweet and passionate about us.

What do you think changed? Can you trace where the coolness began?

And how hectic is your school schedule that you can't visit more often or visit unannounced?

Unfortunately, you both have become used to been married and living single.

Forget Telegraph Bobo, he might even be your husband. Afterall, you said he contacted you.

Go home, do a heart to heart review with your husband. What can you do better? What can he do better? What does he like about you? What do you like about him?

Look at it this way: the telegraph guy is seeing the fresh babe your husband has invested love and resources in. He wants to reap where he did not sow.

Go back to the sower and tell him that he needs to keep maintaining his garden so it does not wither.

Goodluck.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by UjuJoan2: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Olannajewel:
thank you, but I have been making him proud, I adore and appreciate him, I am not a bad woman, I just want a little romance, friendship and compassion from my husband.. this has been going on for 4 years now, I don't own my life, tomorrow is not assured, am I wrong to want to feel like a woman from my husband. I read so hard,more than i should, just to continue making him proud. But i need a friend in my husband. Thank you cry

There's nothing wrong in needing and wanting all these things. But the truth is that it doesn't even matter. You are emotionally disconnected from your husband, and that's the only problem I see here . .. maybe you just have too many expectations from him, without accepting the fact that he is just not that kind of person.

The distance is not helping too . . . being apart has a way of playing on people's minds.

I know you think you love this other guy, but you don't. If you sleep with him the only thing you will feel is regret and shame. Don't even go there.

Does your husband know there's a high possibility of him losing you to another man? Or does he think you are now 'second-hand' and can no longer attract attention from other men? I'm asking because I wonder why he's not even making an effort.

You have an itch that needs to be scratched. You need to let him know that if he doesn't, someone else will . . .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by bukatyne(f): 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
crackhaus:
Another one cheesy

Mumu

It is not all about money or providing cheesy

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by keeki: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
OP you need to stop communicating with the other man.i am sure this is how your relationship was with your husband before u married him except you were forced to marry him.there is a way that seemeth right to a man but the end of it is destruction.you said your husband is a good man.talk to him.it takes effort to make marriage work.if you get too deep with this man,and eventually sleep with him,you would see that it was all lust and not love.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man. by Olannajewel: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
bukatyne:

What do you think changed? Can you trace where the coolness began?

And how hectic is your school schedule that you can't visit more often or visit unannounced?

Unfortunately, you both have become used to been married and living single.

Forget Telegraph Bobo, he might even be your husband. Afterall, you said he contacted you.

Go home, do a heart to heart review with your husband. What can you do better? What can he do better? What does he like about you? What do you like about him?

Look at it this way: the telegraph guy is seeing the fresh babe your husband has invested love and resources in. He wants to reap where he did not sow.

Go back to the sower and tell him that he needs to keep maintaining his garden so it does not wither.

Goodluck.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Divorce An Act Worthy Of Celebration? / Thank you / My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.