Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp (5336 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / “I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit” – PDP Chair Mu’azu To Jonathan Campaign / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by koruji(m): 3:42am On Nov 26, 2010
Whether the story below arose out of the imagination of the reporter or not, I have warned that predators do not quit. As such, I am almost sure that IBB is planning other ways to be the one sitting in Aso Rock come May 2011.

He must fail!.

Font size:   Yusuf Alli 26/11/2010 00:17:00

FORMER military President Gen. Ibrahim Babangida is under pressure to run for office next year.

Gen. Babangida’s ambition suffered a major blow on Tuesday, with the adoption of ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar as a consensus candidate of the North by the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF). But, Babangida’s associates, friends and supporters are said to be mounting pressure on him to quit the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and run in another party.

It was also learnt that four parties are being considered as alternative platforms but the supporters are insisting on the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and National Democratic Party (NDP).

Investigation by The Nation showed that most supporters and associates of the ex-President are not happy with the outcome of the NPLF’s search for consensus candidate.

According to findings, at a review meeting of the campaign organisation, it was gathered that most members of Babangida’s think-tank rejected the results of the Consensus Committee.

Apart from analysing the pattern of voting, the Babangida camp suspected a "hi-wire politics and influence" on how Atiku emerged as the candidate.

It was learnt that among the nine members of the team who decided the consensus candidate, at least six have cordial relationship with Babangida for many years.

The strategists of the ex-President believe that "members of the NPLF probably did not vote out of their own volition".

Babangida’s associates, it was learnt, are asking him to come out openly and reject the results that gave Atiku a slim victory.

But there is a brick wall in the agreement reached by Babangida and the three other aspirants to abide by the decision of the NPLF.

A source, who spoke in confidence with our correspondent, said: "Some of the close associates of the ex-President are, however, asking him to defect to another party.

"The concerned associates have also argued that if Babangida drops out of the race now, it may be the eclipse of his political career and history will judge him as taking the people for a ride with his ambition as the case in 2003 and 2007.

"They are already proposing four political parties, especially the ANPP and NDP. When we get to the bridge, we will cross it."

The Director of Media and Publicity of the IBB Campaign Organisation, Mr. Kassim Afegbua, confirmed that Babangida is under pressure to go ahead with his 2011 aspiration.

He said: "Yes, he (ex-President Ibrahim Babangida) is under pressure from all his political associates, friends and followers to jump ship and realise his political ambition.

"But, like an elder statesman that he is, he wants to be a good sportsman."
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/20021.html
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by fstranger: 3:48am On Nov 26, 2010
It is just a matter of time, he is eventually going to defect to ANPP
He is still our next president, whether we like it or not!
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by koruji(m): 3:57am On Nov 26, 2010
How can he be our next president whether we like it or not! He can still be president - that is of the cockroaches, rats and other vermins where he will find himself if he doesn't put his childs hands in the wrapper!

fstranger:

It is just a matter of time, he is eventually going to defect to ANPP
He is still our next president, whether we like it or not!
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by fstranger: 4:12am On Nov 26, 2010
So what will you do? like your vote counts. . . hmm
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by aljharem(m): 4:15am On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

yes it does count angry angry angry

why do ppl like u reason like this,,,,, it is backwards
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by koruji(m): 4:57am On Nov 26, 2010
Why are you worried about votes? Didn't you just imply that whether we vote for him or not IBB is the next president?

It is not about votes - it is about what will happen to him if he attempts to rely on other means than a fair vote to become president! If he can find another party to give him a platform - good for him. All he has to do is submit himself to a free and fair vote, without any hanky-pankys - the latter will land him where he does not want.

But really, IBB has no hope - he even lost the illegal election by the NPLF consisting of just 9 people, and most were known IBB people. That is why even Kanti Bello cannot believe it - they all need to read the writing on the wall.

fstranger:

Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by baslone: 8:15am On Nov 26, 2010
This man just dey embarrass himslef!
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by slap1(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2010
IBB cannot win a free and fair poll, and he has no power to rig a presidential election.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by Nsiman(m): 9:42am On Nov 26, 2010
Gbam! I said it that ciroma is fanning himself for a job well done, whereas he just ignited fire. Ibb abeg go another party, leave ciroma with his octagenerian thoughts and actions.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by desgiezd(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2010
Let IBB go to any political party, he will again fail resoundingly. Instead of disgracing himself further he should rather stay in his mountain top mansion and be eating tuwo shinkafa and drinking a lot of fura-de-nunu. His final and total demystification is here and I'm really relishing it!
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by Mbeki: 10:54am On Nov 26, 2010
IBB should forget politics, because he failed woefully as a leader.

He should openly address the public of his resignation from politics , repent and float a foundation that will coach the up coming generation on good
leadership ideals so that they won't repeat the mistake he made.

But politically? he is DEAD, those urging him to jump to another party are sycophants who wants to benefit from the campaign expenses.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by sayso: 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2010
isn't this the begining of a new war of words in our political history.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by tokunbobo(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2010
IBB is useless and does not have shame. I put it to all Nigeria today that wheter we like it or not IBB cannot and will never become Nigerian president. Take it or leave it, whether he goes to another party or not, whether it is by vote or note, wheter it is by rigging or not, presidency is not for him. If IBB will only take my advice, I'll advise he secretely sponsor someone and act as a god father than wasting time, doing try and error and embarrasing himself.

Na true talk be dis!
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by Buzman: 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2010
IBB's political ambition is doomed. The evil that men do follow them. Case closed.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by semid4lyfe(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2010
I actually want him to decamp and join another party so he can contest and be beaten at the polls.

That will be the last humiliation, final nail on his coffin and he'd be demystified once and for all.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by Blazay(m): 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2010
Peeps, IBB is/was never a threat.
OBJ is/was is the real threat.

IBB does not need to join any party to contest for the presidency.
Being a Northern king-maker should be good enough for him like OBJ is in the South.

I think he has found his calling.
Good for him. He needs to stick with the king-making mechanism of the North.
Time to checkmate OBJ.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by mide2mide: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2010
i dey laugh
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by gReenmAn(m): 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2010
Gen. Babangida’s ambition suffered a major blow on Tuesday, with the adoption of ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar as a consensus candidate of the North by the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF). But, Babangida’s [size=13pt]associates, friends and supporters[/size] are said to be mounting pressure on him to quit the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and run in another party.

Does he have REAL friends and associates?
The Evil Genius should realize that all those guys around him are simply out to milk what they can from his stolen stash.
His early ouster from the Presidential race simply translates to a stop to the plenty cash that would've rained on them.
[b]Ole[/b]s wan thief from Ole lipsrsealed
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by Chidoxyl(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
Wat about defecting from PDP now dat d die is cast & contest 4 presidency under AIT. IBB, pls tink about this.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by bidemi12(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

I am sorry to say this but you are a complete m.o.r.o.n with no intelect whatsoever. So you agree that your vote does not count and that the person you are rooting for will definitely rig his way into power if given the opportunity to do so and yet you canvass for him? shame on you. . . . with people like you Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by bisiaet: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
No need to presure him he should go there voluntarily and he will still fail there for sure.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by juman(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2010
mide2mide:

i dey laugh

i dey laugh o
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by jennifer22(f): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2010
he must fail in Jesus name amen.wat is ibb the devil going 2 aso rock 2 do? He should go nd sit in his house.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by johndavid1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2010
jennifer22:

He should go nd sit in his house.
which house? he should be banished from this country to Gambia
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by mekay(m): 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2010
gReenmAn:

Does he have REAL friends and associates?
The Evil Genius should realize that all those guys around him are simply out to milk what they can from his stolen stash.
His early ouster from the Presidential race simply translates to a stop to the plenty cash that would've rained on them.
[b]Ole[/b]s wan thief from Ole lipsrsealed

True talk. The likes of Dope-person and Kanti (Shop) Bello are more interested in the cash
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by aljharem(m): 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2010
john david:

which house? he should be banished from this country to Gambia
grin grin grin
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by saintchux(m): 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2010
IBB should thank Adamu Ciroma for saving him the disgrace he would have gotten. He should just stay and swallow the bitter pill. If he jumps to another party, his disgrace will be higher and he may just kpeme from there.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by daroz(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2010
IBB should stop pretending as if he is being presurised. This was his initial plan B, i.e, decamping to ANPP if he couldnt get the ticket in PDP. I pity him, all those his friends and associate are just there to eat his money. I wish I can be a part of them.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by sizzlers(m): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2010
Your correct
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by sundayogor(m): 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2010
IBB suppose to be a political godsfather by now not a candidate again. at lease he has done whatever evil he could and the blood of the people he killed are upon him.
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by monkeyleg: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
The man should go and rest. He is just seeking undure relevance
Re: Babangida Under Pressure To Quit Pdp by Kenyata(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2010
Who is pressurizing him? What for? He should be eternally grateful to Atiku for stopping his permanent demystification!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State / Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland / Breaking!!! Oyakhilome’s Brother, Rev. Ken Impregnates South African Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.