Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,575 members, 7,955,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial (12923 Views)

Sowore: Falana Replies SSS, Gives Full Details Of Court Invasion / Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring / Let Courts Determine What's Security Threat - Falana Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by sencekompis: 11:38am On Dec 10, 2019
HAUSA FULANI GOVERNMENT.

#FEDERALREPUBLICOFFULANI
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by CaptainMeks: 11:38am On Dec 10, 2019
olisaEze:
Media trials and false allegations brought them to power, they assumed that it’ll keep them in power but now are forced to resort to gestapo tactics.

Do we also have the freedom to lie, spread falsehood, threaten death on others?

If yes then there is no reason for laws against defamation, libel, death threats etc. Should it not be so?
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by blowjohn(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2019
Me Don tire for this matter..
I don't even know what sowore problem is sef.
It's not like u don't have a life to live.
U lost at the polls, why not wait for another election to try again.
I just tire.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:41am On Dec 10, 2019
itsme01:

Atleast he is better than ojuckwu the runner or Lamidi Cownu the london fugitive whose lawyer is currently in hiding due to fear

I don't know ojukwu and don't know Nnamdi kanu

I don't care sef
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by sencekompis: 11:41am On Dec 10, 2019
Welcome to -

the northern republic of Nigeria
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Nollywoodhomemo: 11:42am On Dec 10, 2019
Alphafeezay:
By the time Buhari is completely finished with Nigeria, nigeria will be finished completely.
I believe for the best
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by olisaEze(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Do we also have the freedom to lie, spread falsehood, threaten death on others?

If yes then there is no reason for laws against defamation, libel, death threats etc. Should it not be so?

Your 2nd paragraph answered your 1st. There are laws in place to handle all of the above, but none of those laws supports the actions of the DSS against Sowore in the court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by NaijaHeadlines: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2019
Hmm..
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Isoduwa(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2019
ursullalinda:

As in eh......the man is on a mission to terminate the name Nigeria.

Yes ooh see this guy
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 10, 2019
Abacha is coming to give us change in 2023. Am sure Sowore will still vote for him then.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by CaptainMeks: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2019
olisaEze:

Your 2nd paragraph answered your 1st. There are laws in place to handle all of the above, but none of those laws supports the actions of the DSS against Sowore in the court.

My second does not explain my first. What you do not understand is that those laws only take effect after the damage has been done.

E.G in Rwanda hate speeches fueled the Hutu and Tutsi Genocide of some years ago.

The damage gets done first before the repercussion. So why not apply preventive measures to avoid a repeat of such damages?

Today Rwanda is seriously censoring her social media in order to avoid a repeat of the genocide via hate speech especially in this day of faceless social media.

Should we not learn from such countries so we can avoid what they went through especially with the level of ethnic hatred going on in Nigeria from Igbo to Yoruba to Hausa?

That is why Social media needs to be regulated. Imagine what happened in Rwanda happening here in Nigeria you would see that Rwanda would have been childs play

https://cpj.org/reports/2014/12/legacy-of-rwanda-genocide-includes-media-restricti.php

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2017/rwanda

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2018/rwanda
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Peopleloaded: 11:48am On Dec 10, 2019
More sowore news @
www.peopleloaded.ng
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by kokomilala(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2019
@couragemurphy,your existence and comment point to the irresponsibility of this MISSING GENERATION.Do you know what's going on almost all over the world? People are putting their lives on the line, not minding their loved ones,to sacrifice for a better life.You're here puffing over your fragile survival that may thin out or be blown away by the repression of this government.
Sowore is doing what the young people of this generation ought to be doing- testifying,asking questions and challenge status quo.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by sencekompis: 11:52am On Dec 10, 2019
welcome to!

the republic of northern and Muslim republic
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Chiefochiefo(m): 11:52am On Dec 10, 2019
But wetin oga Falana see for dis matter sef? Upon all the issues in Nigeria, na Sowore case serious pass?
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Nollywoodhomemo: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2019
Ttalk:
What stops the government from equally prosecute all past coup plotters, or is the act of coup plotting no longer treason against the state?
you drive a strong bargain sir.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14tj-wt0eao&list=PL1NQIOxiAlqYqPUaS5ahlO8OgzKNuBIHA&index=2&t=0s
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Nollywoodhomemo: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2019
Ttalk:
What stops the government from equally prosecute all past coup plotters, or is the act of coup plotting no longer treason against the state?
nicely said
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by izibili44: 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
Alphafeezay:
By the time Buhari is completely finished with Nigeria, nigeria will be finished completely.
Nigeria is finish already
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by shayourfunmee: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
When change changes the changer

ArmaniUhuru:
Mohammed Tanko’s silence clearly shows that Onnoghen was not removed because of corruption.

Buhari is the worst mistake in the history of Nigeria politics.

Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by michoim(m): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nonsense Falana...
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Bizibi(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
couragemurphy:
Also Falana should stop engaging in media defence and call for public sympathy. It's quite unfortunate that Sowore worked his way into this mess. For me I think he is selfish for not considering the implications on his wife, children, mother and ........
if he doesn't do that,sowore will remain there till 2023.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Priest656: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
Yankiss:
It is really hard to believe what is happening in Nigeria. A case that is subjudice is being commented on by the prosecuting party, the presidency. That was after invasion of the hallowed chambers of the judiciary to effect arrest that the court didn't authorize. If I were in the shoes of the trial judge, I will quit the case for DSS to continue the trial.

Are you okay like this?? You think everyone is as selfish has you ? Someone is fighting for the whole nation you are here saying rubbish.... Mtcheew.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Yankiss(m): 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
Priest656:

Are you okay like this?? You think everyone is as selfish has you ? Someone is fighting for the whole nation you are here saying rubbish.... Mtcheew.
Mr. man you lack comprehension. I was condemning the DSS high handedness in Sowore issue and the perceived connivance of the presidency. Read again!!
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by olisaEze(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
CaptainMeks:

My second does not explain my first. What you do not understand is that those laws only take effect after the damage has been done.

E.G in Rwanda hate speeches fueled the Hutu and Tutsi Genocide of some years ago.

The damage gets done first before the repercussion. So why not apply preventive measures to avoid a repeat of such damages?

Today Rwanda is seriously censoring her social media in order to avoid a repeat of the genocide via hate speech especially in this day of faceless social media.

Should we not learn from such countries so we can avoid what they went through especially with the level of ethnic hatred going on in Nigeria from Igbo to Yoruba to Hausa?

That is why Social media needs to be regulated. Imagine what happened in Rwanda happening here in Nigeria you would see that Rwanda would have been childs play

https://cpj.org/reports/2014/12/legacy-of-rwanda-genocide-includes-media-restricti.php

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2017/rwanda

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2018/rwanda

Oga, the Tutsi and the Hutu have been enemies since the inception of their country’s independence. For example, over 700,000 Hutus were killed by the Tutsis in the 70s. Would you say that genocide was as a result of hate speech? There was no Social media then. But that aside, it still does not give the DSS the right to abuse our judicial system with that arrest in front of a sitting judge. Or isn’t that what we’re talking about? How did Sowore’s call for revolution suddenly turn to hate speech? The DSS gave their reason for his initial arrest as terrorism, and alleged that he was being paid by international groups to destabilize the country. You don’t fight hate with hate, and if there is a high level of distrust in the country it lies with the utterances of the presidency coming from 2015 post elections till date. Even the 1st lady has consistently stated her displeasure with the way the country is going under her husband’s administration. Except you work in Aso Rock or the DSS, I don’t see how you can be in the know more than the First Lady.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by Prettyjanet1: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
There is one question that keeps running through my mind everyday over this sowore issue and I can't still find answer to it.

How can someone who did same thing Sowore did in the past punished him now for same offence?

History recorded it that our president did same thing in the past but he was never arrested or detained by any security operatives.

His past came haunting and he's looking for a way to Dodge this.
Moral of this issue: Don't do unto others what you can not accept.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by madridsta007(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
Ventura1:
9th December, 2019

FALANA REPLIES PRESIDENCY

FG SHOULD STOP SUBJECTING SOWORE TO MEDIA TRIAL -

List DSS Media Lies

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/12/10/fg-should-stop-subjecting-sowore-media-trail-femi-falana

Falana should stop being a coward and call Buhari out.
What is "Presidency" and "DSS"?
You and APC and Buhari are friends. Call them out. You wont be arrested.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by VanSARS: 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2019

Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by CaptainMeks: 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
olisaEze:

Oga, the Tutsi and the Hutu have been enemies since the inception of their country’s independence. For example, over 700,000 Hutus were killed by the Tutsis in the 70s. Would you say that genocide was as a result of hate speech? There was no Social media then. But that aside, it still does not give the DSS the right to abuse our judicial system with that arrest in front of a sitting judge. Or isn’t that what we’re talking about? How did Sowore’s call for revolution suddenly turn to hate speech? The DSS gave their reason for his initial arrest as terrorism, and alleged that he was being paid by international groups to destabilize the country. You don’t fight hate with hate, and if there is a high level of distrust in the country it lies with the utterances of the presidency coming from 2015 post elections till date. Even the 1st lady has consistently stated her displeasure with the way the country is going under her husband’s administration. Except you work in Aso Rock or the DSS, I don’t see how you can be in the know more than the First Lady.

Social media today is simply an advanced way of communication. It is no different from the useless gossip we have daily with our neighbours or what our fathers did when they gossiped 200 years ago. Onlt that now it is in cyberspace.

Right now the Hutu and Tutsi bitterness has been quelled because the fuel for such hatred has been largely tamed. The only way information is spread easily now is via social media. Regulate that and you bring inter-tribal peace to your nation. This is what Rwanda has done.
Re: Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial by madridsta007(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
couragemurphy:
Also Falana should stop engaging in media defence and call for public sympathy. It's quite unfortunate that Sowore worked his way into this mess. For me I think he is selfish for not considering the implications on his wife, children, mother and ........

Why do you hate Nigerians so much?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Press Release: Agbaje Promises Pedestrian Bridge, Reduced Charges For Ladipo / EFCC Releases Omisore / Ogun APC Caretaker Committee Announced (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.