Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria (76075 Views)

Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row / Joshua Wants £40m To Allow Usyk Versus Fury Heavyweight Unification Bout / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by vickvilles(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
....Love the mentality after his defeat, humble, calm and focused....learn from him y’all...life sweet..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by ALPHABASE: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
aylive02:
Our very own pikin
WHILE CHUKA UMUNNA IS FROM ENGLAND.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by WildChild00(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
mechanics:
We don't have the facilities to stage the fight.

Who told you that?

What happened to UJ Essien, Akwa Ibom Uyo stadium, world class..
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shugabasbn: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
The guy is too humble and means. I promised to host u soon anytime you come around
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by omoteacher(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Pls, AJ stay in UK because it will be politicize here and turns to polithievians gain when you win. They will see it as big achievement. Just continue with your charity work back home here in naija.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by geloorrrrdd(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
TooNoisy:
Joshua, Joshua, Joshua!!! How many times did I call you?

Las las you will both fight in the dark because NEPA will surely take light and the flood lights will go off at the stadium!!!
This is dry. Lay it off. You must not speak ill of the country at any given opportunity.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by emihle: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
u Anthony Joshua akayaz into ayfunayo eLife(ini), athi sephumile edakeni avele aphinde nje kanjalo, yohh unesbindi maan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
WildChild00:

Who told you that?
Go and check Abuja stadium and tell me if its still in its original shape.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Ogunnnowos: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
This guy want to generate much income for Nigeria! Kudos to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shogsman(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:
This guy disowned Nigeria in his last fight.

When Andy Ruiz wgo is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that as an insult to our country

What does that tell u, he has no loyalty or allegiance he is just after the money, anywhere that favours him he faces there
Finally someone with working brains
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shakaZuIlu: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
kingzjay:
I trust Nigerians.... That stadia will be filled to the brim
lol you think boxing is like football

Bro regular ticket in boxing is very costly oo talk more of VIP tickets

it'll happen in Nigeria but only for the likes of dangote, Davido and all those rich men cheesy
you'll still watch on TV like it never happened in Nigeria

boxing na rich man sports

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by mozona(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
hmm...
9ja get ring...
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by madjune(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Makes sense.

To stay close to Cuppy after the fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shogsman(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
The way this stupid OPs twist stories is getting more and more annoying, he said Africa not Nigeria, wtf is wrong with y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Bukden16(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Stop!

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by WildChild00(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
mechanics:
Go and check Abuja stadium and tell me if its still in its original shape.

Uj Essien stadium or Goodwill Akpanbio stadium is world class that perhaps needs little renovation, and can be used for the fight and it will attract a lot of foriegners and tourism to the country, even international investors too.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shakaZuIlu: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

When Andy Ruiz wgo is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that as an insult to our country

What does that tell u, he has no loyalty or allegiance he is just after the money, anywhere that favours him he faces there
serious about I don't know why Nigerians are even attaching themselves to him

if he loves Nigeria that much like he pretends to do why not play the national anthem like Ruiz did

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shogsman(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
vickvilles:
....Love the mentality after his defeat, humble, calm and focused....learn from him y’all...life sweet..
Humble because he wants to fight in Africa,what the fvck is wrong with your self esteem.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by nedekid: 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
mechanics:
We don't have the facilities to stage the fight.
It is workable.
Saw a video on YouTube where a wedding venue was constructed in open field at Eko Atlantic. White people shipped in the set and put it up in a couple of days. You cannot believe it. A castle fairy tale enchanted setting.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
WildChild00:

Uj Essien stadium or Goodwill Akpanbio stadium is world class that perhaps needs little renovation, and can be used for the fight and it will attract a lot of foriegners and tourism to the country, even international investors too.
Am talking about the Abuja National stadium, the stadium is now an eyesore, which shows the lack of maintenance culture here, it will be possible if the present minister will change the trend.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Mokason28: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
ddippset:
5 Fights I want to see in 2020.

1. Fury versus Wilder. (February)
2. Fury versus Joshua. (April)
3. Joshua versus Wilder. (June)
4. Fury versus Joshua Rematch. (September)
5. Joshua versus Wilder Rematch. (December)

And then we shall all live happily ever after!
Joshua vs wilder is the only fight I want to see... and I bet you it’s gonna be the most interesting
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by martowskin1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

U just wrote like a baby

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by SmartyPants(m): 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

So how does claiming Nigeria favor him?

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
shakaZuIlu:
serious about I don't know why Nigerians are even attaching themselves to him

if he loves Nigeria that much like he pretends to do why not play the national anthem like Ruiz did
Cant blame him. What has Niggeira given him? If he spends 6 months in that dump he will go broke.
Money for generator
Money for repairing his cars
Money to settle boiz, police and relatives upandan
No training facilities
His staff will steal from him
He will be lucky if theu dont kidnap him sef

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by delpee(f): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

At least he was ushered in with Felas music. Loyalty to the country that trained him and brought him to fame. What has Nigeria ever done for him apart from his being Nigerian by birth?

12 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by WildChild00(m): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
mechanics:
Am talking about the Abuja National stadium, the stadium is now an eyesore, which shows the lack of maintenance culture here, it will be possible if the present minister will change the trend.

Obviously Abuja stadium can not host the fight @ this point in time, it will consume a lot of resources, which perhaps the govt might not want to invest into.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
SmartyPants:

So how does claiming Nigeria favor him?
At least sell our country to the world.

Joshua has not really for once on the media made it known that he is Nigerian but he doesn't hide his British citizenship
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by derahhh(m): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

When Andy Ruiz who is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that is an insult to our country

You are sick
First fight he entered the ring with Ojuelegba n last fight he entered with Fela's song??
He's definitely more loyal than you'll ever be

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
ddippset:
5 Fights I want to see in 2020.

1. Fury versus Wilder. (February)
2. Fury versus Joshua. (April)
3. Joshua versus Wilder. (June)
4. Fury versus Joshua Rematch. (September)
5. Joshua versus Wilder Rematch. (December)

And then we shall all live happily ever after!
not happening in a million years..joushua will only fight mandatory challengers..fury and wilder can keep fucking the mself all they want,but they ain't getting g a shot at those 4 titles
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Godhatesodomy: 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
Wow
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
delpee:

At least he was ushered in with Felas music. Loyalty to the country that trained him and brought him to fame. What has Nigeria ever done for him apart from his being Nigerian by birth?
Just being a Nigerian citizen and a super star Joshua has gotten lots if endorsements.

In fact he gets endorsements from both countries.

Although for real there's not yet any benefit for him claiming Nigerian, Nigerians are not that liked in the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Matiyasi FC, South African Club Banned For Life After Beating Opponent 59-1 / Javier Zanetti: Taribo West's Prayer Sessions Frustrated Us / Lionel Messi Touching His Wife's Backside At Nightclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.