Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria (76088 Views)

Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row / Joshua Wants £40m To Allow Usyk Versus Fury Heavyweight Unification Bout / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by daygee12: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Manolo213:
AJ please don't come to Nigeria.......... remain in the UK, there's serious security challenge in this Shit hole.
Are u normal?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by GoodMuyis(m): 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

E go clear them for eye when maybe Nigeria would have a boxing match against Britain and Joshua would stand for the Brits.

Joshua's parents might be Nigerians but Joshua is not, and I don't think he has any intentions of being one in future with the way our country is, even his kids am not sure they will be one.

Maybe #AJ4President2023
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:
This guy disowned Nigeria in his last fight.

When Andy Ruiz who is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that is an insult to our country

What does that tell u, he has no loyalty or allegiance he is just after the money, anywhere that favours him he faces there

...using panadol for another person's headaches

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
ddippset:
5 Fights I want to see in 2020.

1. Fury versus Wilder. (February)
2. Fury versus Joshua. (April)
3. Joshua versus Wilder. (June)
4. Fury versus Joshua Rematch. (September)
5. Joshua versus Wilder Rematch. (December)

And then we shall all live happily ever after!

You are on world boxing committee. You are the one that draws the time table.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by degamemaster(m): 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

When Andy Ruiz who is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that is an insult to our country

What does that tell u, he has no loyalty or allegiance he is just after the money, anywhere that favours him he faces there

You are lucky he only didn't play your useless national anthem, if I were him, I will ban Nigerian corrupt officials from viewing my match. Your useless shithole country first denied him in 2008 Olympics when he was all out to sacrifice and make your country proud.
Listen, I am a full bloody IGBO man and I love and support AJ and other Nigerians doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
degamemaster:

You are lucky he only didn't play your useless national anthem, if I were him, I will ban Nigerian corrupt officials from viewing my match. Your useless shithole country first denied him in 2008 Olympics when he was all out to sacrifice and make your country proud.
Listen, I am a full bloody IGBO man and I love and support AJ and other Nigerians doing well.

Anybody who refers to Nigeria as a shithole us not Igbo he or she is an ipob correct your statement
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Go and sit down!
Only the defending champion has that privilege and it was stated before the Mexican anthem was played!
Coldie:

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Viktom(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
It will take a lot for that to happen.

Do you want to go into business but don't know much about the business? We will give you a good feasibility study at a negligible price and relay every necessary details to you. Or
Do you have capital but don't have a business and you are willing to make a risk free investment that will recoup your investment and pay you interest too. Or
You have idea but don't have capital and you want to do something with your idea. Or
You have both idea and capital but need a business plan that can take you to the top.
The answer is here, @ Victom Investment group we have answers to all these problems.
Reach us via phone: 08133933149 or mail us at victom.dmay@gmail.com
A trial will convince you.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by ZooOga: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

i'll just drop dis in here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by stevups(m): 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

It's against the Britain's law
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
WildChild00:

Obviously Abuja stadium can not host the fight @ this point in time, it will consume a lot of resources, which perhaps the govt might not want to invest into.
That's why I said we don't have the facilities, we may host it in future but not any time soon.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
stevups:

To own dual citizenship
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by johnpablo541(m): 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

The Mexicans hold their heritage so tight.
Most Mexican kids born abroad still sound Mexican while speaking English . Ruiz Jr. Was born in the USA but still speaks English with a Mexican accent . its a cultural thing.

Will you find an Igbo boy born to igbo parents speak English with an igbotic accent ?

Or will you find a yoruba kid born abroad speak English with a YouTube accent?.

Ruiz jnr represented mexico in the Olympic qualifiers. So he has fought for two countries.

Main while the British boxer AJ has never represented Nigeria in any sport. So he doesn't fight for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
WildChild00:

Obviously Abuja stadium can not host the fight @ this point in time, it will consume a lot of resources, which perhaps the govt might not want to invest into.
If everything was in place In Nigeria its not supposed to consume much resources.

But since we have no light, and security issues plus, our stadiums are dilapidated that's the reason y it will consume money
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Donald7610: 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

You're filled with bitterness
Be positive, and spread good news

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Donald7610:

You're filled with bitterness
Be positive, and spread good news
Seriously how is speaking the truth bitterness?

U are filled with hypocrisy if u call truth bitterness, so we should all act like nothing happened
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by johnpablo541(m): 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
stevups:

That's not true. There are some British heavy weights with dual citizenships.

Anthony Joshua is not a Nigerian citizen. He is just of Nigerian Heritage.

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by urchcoded(m): 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
JeffreyLiaison:
I luv dis guy. He's as strong as Samson.

Loool really? Tell me when he pulls down a storey building. He's just a good boxer n

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by engrkaz(m): 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
It was a request granted Ruiz cos he was the reigning champion
Coldie:

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by aadoiza: 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
ddippset:

Oga, just wake up from your sleep abeg

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by engrkaz(m): 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
Very true
DMerciful:
Go and sit down!
Only the defending champion has that privilege and it was stated before the Mexican anthem was played!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Village people at work again.

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by 77up(m): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
SultanOfPuna:
The Way Mosquito Go Romance Una For Stadium That Day Ehnnn
see me rolling here , abeg no keep person na grin grin cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by engrkaz(m): 10:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
You obviously didn’t watch the fight
shogsman:

Finally someone with working brains
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Amujale(m): 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
johnpablo541:

That's not true. There are some British heavy weights with dual citizenships.

Anthony Joshua is not a Nigerian citizen. He is just of Nigerian Heritage.

It's possible for Anthony Joshua to claim dual citizenship.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by bewla(m): 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
TooNoisy:
Joshua, Joshua, Joshua!!! How many times did I call you?

Las las you will both fight in the dark because NEPA will surely take light and the flood lights will go off at the stadium!!!
that will be to our advantage by the time light comes up our opponent is out Cox witches only fly at darkness

this Africa
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by m140(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
ddippset:

One person go die in this bout
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Ojetayo17(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
his word really touch me when he mention that. undefeated any more ,but still remain champion as long as possible. hmm.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by stano2(m): 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

He's not representing Nigeria nau.
Moreover he's entry song was a Fela jam

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Goodnigga: 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

Ode!! When u collect your blows in life without the support of Nigeria even though they can and are aware, play their national anthem too

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by quickly: 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Matiyasi FC, South African Club Banned For Life After Beating Opponent 59-1 / Javier Zanetti: Taribo West's Prayer Sessions Frustrated Us / Lionel Messi Touching His Wife's Backside At Nightclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.