Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria (76077 Views)

Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row / Joshua Wants £40m To Allow Usyk Versus Fury Heavyweight Unification Bout / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by BankyGee(m): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
Go ahead Anthony, keep conquering!

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
Dont even try it.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shege45: 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:
This guy disowned Nigeria in his last fight.

When Andy Ruiz who is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that is an insult to our country

What does that tell u, he has no loyalty or allegiance he is just after the money, anywhere that favours him he faces there
shuuu
i have disowned nigeria even while i was still there. What has the country done for me that i cannot disown them. Uk made this guy and ur here talking this one. For the fact he still claims he is a nigerian is a good image to nigeria. if na me i go deny say i from nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by tico1212(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

When Andy Ruiz who is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that is an insult to our country

What does that tell u, he has no loyalty or allegiance he is just after the money, anywhere that favours him he faces there

But he used Fela sound track na (Afro beat)
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
derahhh:

You are sick
First fight he entered the ring with Ojuelegba n last fight he entered with Fela's song??
He's definitely more loyal than you'll ever be
Real sickness is when u think ojuolegba is your National anthem. So if Rihana plays Burna boy she's now a Nigerian. I can bet you that most people who listened to him play whether fela or whoever didn't even know what he was playing.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Incandescent(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
I love this guy too much

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

He owes you nothing.

Despite living and surviving in Nigeria, are you loyal to the country?
What selfless act have you ever done to improve the country's development?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Raylight2(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

what do you expect? a country that saw no good in him when he was nothing. u should be happy he still recognizes Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Useful1: 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
ddippset:
5 Fights I want to see in 2020.

1. Fury versus Wilder. (February)
2. Fury versus Joshua. (April)
3. Joshua versus Wilder. (June)
4. Fury versus Joshua Rematch. (September)
5. Joshua versus Wilder Rematch. (December)

Oga, you no dey fight? See as u jus dey fix de matches dey go Feb-Dec, '20. Carry one out for Yosef, abeg. Na yo own I wan watch

And then we shall all live happily ever after!
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
tico1212:

But he used Fela sound track na
I understand him sha, despite not fighting for his country he tried to send a message low key that he was still with us

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
Raylight2:
what do you expect? a country that saw no good in him when he was nothing. u should be happy he still recognizes Nigeria
The country is frustrating we know, but one day e go better
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Topmaike007(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hedonisco:
Mehn. If not for Nairaland I'll have been a zillionaire by now. It's so fucking addictive and distracting.
I tell you bro cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by DoTheNeedful: 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

shogsman:

Finally someone with working brains
chrisxxx:

Good observation. And he never acknowledged Nigeria for once in his vote of thanks.

You sound like a typical ipob yoot. You and your likes have been jumping from one thread to another telling us AJ is not Nigerian because he is not a Chibuzor. Yet, everyday you all celebrate one Ikechukwu or Nonso who won council election in Canada, UK and so on with the chants of Igbo Amaka. A lot of your tribesmen you all celebrate here have citizenship of other countries.

The link in the news is from "Independent", a British news outlet and it is well referenced that he is of Nigerian heritage and he even wanted to represent Nigeria in 2008 olympics. This same AJ whose Nigerian heritage you like to mock or undermined has a tatoo of Nigeria on his arm. Those of us who know him long before he became popular knows that he studied till JSS2 at Mayflower in Ikenne, Ogun State and he never shied away from associating with Nigeria. However, Britain gave him the platform he has today.

By the way, Nigeria is a dream-killer. If he didn't tow the path he towed, he might be nobody today.

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by VanGap: 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Raylight2(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:
no be lie
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
Xisnin:

He owes you nothing.

Despite living and surviving in Nigeria, are you loyal to the country?
What selfless act have you ever done to improve the country's development?
This country has done NOTHING I repeat NOTHING for me. But I know I have done a lot for this country.

I have run businesses, some scaled through some are liquidated, during all those times I paid taxes, despite the fact that I had no light, in some locations no roads, no security, corrupt police men trying to milk u dry, govt giving u exaggerated estimated tax sometimes, the list goes on.

Not to talk of the times I had to waste my data defending this country online on foreign forums that Nigerians are not fraudsters.

I have said the little I can tell me yours what have u done for this country
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by chrisxxx(m): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

Good observation. And he never acknowledged Nigeria for once in his vote of thanks.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
DoTheNeedful:

You sound like a typical ipob yoot. You and your likes have been jumping from one thread to another telling us AJ is not Nigerian because he is not a Chibuzor. Yet, everyday you all celebrate one Ikechukwu or Nonso who won council election in Canada, UK and so with the chants of Igbo Amaka. A lot of your tribesmen you all celebrate here have citizenship of other countries.

The link in the news is from "Independent", a British news outlet and it is well referenced that he is of Nigerian heritage and he even wanted to represented Nigeria in 2008 olympics. This same AJ whose Nigerian heritage like to mock or undermined has a tatoo of Nigeria on his arm. Those of us who know him long before he became popular knows that he studied till JSS2 at Mayflower in Ikenne, Ogun State and he never shied away from associating with Nigeria. However, Britain gave him the platform he has today.

By the way, Nigeria is a dream-killer. If he didn't tow the path he towed, he might be nobody today.

I am only saying Andy Ruiz played the anthem of his two countries both Mexico and America despite the fact that he was born in America and is only Mexican by paternity.

But our own played the anthem of his naturalized country.

I know Nigeria is smhw but smhw na insult.

U know d truth if u call me ipob for it fvck u
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by nwamabo247(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
which arena such game will be hosted in naija
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by sweetkev(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

In your dream? Nigeria can never get better. May God keep us alive. 40 years from now you will see
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by LegoxMetahuman: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
ddippset:
5 Fights I want to see in 2020.

1. Fury versus Wilder. (February)
2. Fury versus Joshua. (April)
3. Joshua versus Wilder. (June)
4. Fury versus Joshua Rematch. (September)
5. Joshua versus Wilder Rematch. (December)

And then we shall all live happily ever after!
lol heavy weight is 2 fights a year.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by shogsman(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
DoTheNeedful:

You sound like a typical ipob yoot. You and your likes have been jumping from one thread to another telling us AJ is not Nigerian because he is not a Chibuzor. Yet, everyday you all celebrate one Ikechukwu or Nonso who won council election in Canada, UK and so on with the chants of Igbo Amaka. A lot of your tribesmen you all celebrate here have citizenship of other countries.

The link in the news is from "Independent", a British news outlet and it is well referenced that he is of Nigerian heritage and he even wanted to represented Nigeria in 2008 olympics. This same AJ whose Nigerian heritage you like to mock or undermined has a tatoo of Nigeria on his arm. Those of us who know him long before he became popular knows that he studied till JSS2 at Mayflower in Ikenne, Ogun State and he never shied away from associating with Nigeria. However, Britain gave him the platform he has today.

Mumu I'm from Ogun state,and AJ is a British boxer not Nigerian, he was born in the UK and became successful there.he doesn't have any official affiliation with Nigeria,y'all put too much importance on a name.

Do you see anything Nigerian in his up there. So shut up and stop famzing, y'all should stop forcing the guy to associate with this country,he doesn't owe y'all nothing.

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
sweetkev:
In your dream? Nigeria can never get better. May God keep us alive. 40 years from now you will see
If not for those bumper to bumper military coups before 99 by now Nigeria would have gone far. We have achieved a lot since our transition into democracy

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
We are proud of you for representing.
OMo OLuabi grin
Bring it home.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by DoTheNeedful: 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
shogsman:

Mumu I'm from Ogun state,and AJ is a British boxer not Nigerian, he was born in the UK and became successful there.he doesn't have any official affiliation with Nigeria,y'all put too much importance on a name.

You are the real mumu. When has Wikipedia that anyone can edit become a credible source? Illiterate!!! Fv<k off my mention you low-life. undecided

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Dicktionary: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin

It surprises me when, youth of this great nation keep giving us the Shithole tag, When their Mates are Cashing out Legitimately daily from this same shithole. LAZY YOUTHS INDEED!!

Remember this; if you Curse Nigeria, your are only Cursing yourself because, yourself impose curses can't affect someone else.

A.J should set his next fight in Nigeria, I bet him the venue will be a sell out. If we can pay 1.5million for VVIP to hear recycled/Same wack jokes in A.Y live why can't I pay more to watch A.J fight.

Smh
I'mtheRealD!ck
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
1Corinthians 9:27(AMP)
But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by CSTR2: 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
TooNoisy:
Joshua, Joshua, Joshua!!! How many times did I call you?

Las las you will both fight in the dark because NEPA will surely take light and the flood lights will go off at the stadium!!!
This is boring now.
You are the ones giving these Ghanaians leverage to insult Nigerians.

Even small Churches hold night vigils with uninterrupted power from generator.

How many hours does a boxing match last?
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
shogsman:

Do you see anything Nigerian in his up there. So shut up and stop famzing, y'all should stop forcing the guy to associate with this country,he doesn't owe y'all nothing.
E go clear them for eye when maybe Nigeria would have a boxing match against Britain and Joshua would stand for the Brits.

Joshua's parents might be Nigerians but Joshua is not, and I don't think he has any intentions of being one in future with the way our country is, even his kids am not sure they will be one.
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by WizPrince1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
Coldie:

Did your country help him achieve the position he is today? What has your country done for him? You guys like claiming success. That's how you want to also claim those Chelsea youngsters

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by GoodMuyis(m): 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
kingzjay:
I trust Nigerians.... That stadia will be filled to the brim

Entry fee to boxing stadium is up $600 for such events

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Matiyasi FC, South African Club Banned For Life After Beating Opponent 59-1 / Javier Zanetti: Taribo West's Prayer Sessions Frustrated Us / Lionel Messi Touching His Wife's Backside At Nightclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.