Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) (39612 Views)

3 Reasons You Need To Start A Cashew Business(with pictures) / 4 Challenges Of Setting Up A Side Income And Working Full-time / What's The Cost Of Setting Up A Petrol Filling Station In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Believe in yourself to do great things!!
Do have a great week
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2021
Compliments
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Thazard(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:
Compliments

Merry Christmas

Legsupnigeria
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:59am On Jan 03, 2022
Thazard:

Merry Christmas

Legsupnigeria
Amen.
Happy new year.
God bless
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:02am On Jan 04, 2022
Happy new year everyone
This is the 4th day of 2022, remaining 361 days to go
What are you doing about your goals?
Have you started working on it?

This year has been declared as the year of prosperity,as the year of goodness,as the year of great harvest,as the year of opportunities etc

People,if we don't have plan and work it out,then we might not experience it.

The rest is over and now is to get to work and work out the goals for 2022.

My goal is to make more money for all our partners under our management and for WaleAgro by increasing our acreage of cultivation.

What's your own goal and how are you working on it?

It's not going to be easy,it's not going to be business as 2021, you will have to raise the bar little bit higher,work harder and smarter and I hope by 31st of December,2022, you can look back and thank God for the best year ever.

By the way,we are in need of farm supervisors in ijebu-igbo,ogbomoso,Ilorin and apomu
If you know a fresh graduate with B.sc/B.Tech/HND in any agric related field,S/he should send their CV to yusuffgbenga@gmail.com for urgent employment.
Must not be more than 27 years of age at the time of application.

Thank you and have a blessed week
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:54am On Jan 05, 2022
We are Hiring!!
See flyers for details

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2022
A friend called me yesterday,he said “Your President said we should go back to farm to boost the economy and reduce employment”

Guess he was trying to seek my views as to what Mr Bihari said having known me as a farmer

Yes,getting involved in farming will boost our economy and reduce drastically unemployment but the government needs to do more in terms of subsidizing, providing machineries and adequate security especially in the hotzones regions to enable Nigerians venture into agriculture

If you don't have access to machineries or you are located in the hot zones where there is no security,Do not go into agriculture…..you will regret it.

We have serious food insecurity in this country and it requires Nigerians to go back to the land and create wealth for themselves.

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
Nigeria farmers produce one of the lowest yield in the world.

Major staples produce by both US and Brazil (corn � and soybean )average yield is about 5 tons and 1.5tons respectively while we are struggling to produce 0.5tons in both staple crop.

It's not that they have a better climatic condition to grow these crops but its due to so many factors that can be controlled and the ones beyond our control.

First,in this part of the world,we don't prepare our land well.

Hardly will you see a farmer do plouging twice as well as harrowing before planting.

If your land is not well prepared,it will affect your yield.

Also,the plant population during planting also plays an important role in the yield you are going to get at harvesting time.

You can't compare the yield of an acre of land with 1000 plant population to an acre of land with 10,000 plant population

That's why I advise against conducting your planting operation with Cutlass.

Mechanized planter should be used and at worse case scenario,use manual planter.

Assuming Mr A produces 5 tons of corn on an acre and Mr B have 1 ton from the farm.

At average price of N200,000 per ton

Mr A's revenue will be N1,000,000 per acre while Mr B's revenue will be N200,000.

If Mr A is cultivating 100acres or more,that should give you a glimpse of what he will be getting at the end of the harvest.

At the end of the day,it boils down to my yield against yours.

As 2022 season is closing in,we need to keep improving so that we can continue to get better in terms of yield on our farm projects.

You want to make 7 Figure Income this year in agriculture,take note and follow through on this in your farm operations
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:44am On Jan 12, 2022
Commodity trading is one of the value chain you can venture into in agriculture

Since the year marketing board regulating commodity prices scraped was when we have free markets which means you can sell your farm produce at any amount you feel it worth and perceived/accepted by the market you are selling into influenced by the forces of supply and demand.

Don't let me bug you with economic jargons.

In a layman's language,you can buy 20k worth of produce from the farm/farmer and sell it at N50k worth of the same produce while you pocket the 30k as profit.
Or in a farmers perspective,you have 20k worth of farm produce and sells it at N50k with no regulatory body to tell you the price you should sell your produce.

Late last year,when the price of maize was N13k-N15k per bag,I was telling people of the opportunities to buy and store.

Good luck to those that hearkens to the voice of wisdom,a bag is now N23k as I am writing this; I also heard that it is N40k per bag in some locations.

Unfortunately,it is now late to attempt to buy because if you do,the probability of making loss is high, logistics will eat you up,price is high even if you see farmers to sell to you the desirable quantities you need.

We are also not selling our farm produce for now,until the prices reaches its peak.
As a farmer,you can also be trading by waiting for the peak time the price is higher before you sell.

If you have 60 bags of maize which is about N1m ,it can appreciate to about N1.6m within 3-4 months if you sell off at the peak time
This will add more money to your pocket.
So always

Have a great day.

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
I received many messages yesterday concerning my last post.

I think there is a lot of aspect of agriculture you need to know for a successful farm business

I will categories the aspects I believe you need to get adequate knowledge in and take action on for profitable year

1.Finance

2.Agricultural value chains

3.Marketing

Which one of these do you want to gain more knowledge from within 1 week?

Let me know from the comment section and we shall commence training on it

It's actually FREE.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Hallams(m): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2022
Finance
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by hayourbame(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
Finance
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2022
Hallams:
Finance
Okay.
Duly Noted
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:30am On Jan 17, 2022
hayourbame:
Finance
Okay.
Regards
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Olaodds: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2022
• Facebook log available•
WhatsApp: 07062074880

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2022
Many Nigerians have been complaining of food price increase in the market.

Last 2 year,I wrote how we will continue to experience such until if we addressed the issue of insecurity especially in the North,climate change, lack of storage facilities to reduce wastage,etc.

Year in year out,we have been experiencing such although this year is worse.

A price of commodities have increase by over 60% over the last few months and I guess it will continue to go up till around May when we will see prices coming down.

Can we solve this?

Yes we can

Massive cultivation and production of foods and infrastructure to reduce wastage will go a long way

There is no other time to venture into agriculture than now.

Inflation keeps more money into my pocket as a farmer and a producer.

Another season is approaching,join the train.

Plan should be to do on a massive scale because that's where the money is, though with good management.

Want to acquire farmland on any of our farm estates or get trained on how to start your farm business,then get in touch

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:46am On Jan 22, 2022
ItsTimeToVentureIntoAgribusiness
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:45am On Jan 23, 2022
Happy Sunday to you all
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:20am On Jan 24, 2022
This One Thing Can Make or Mar The Success Of Your Farm Business This Year

If you are a new entrant in the agricbusiness sector or new investor looking to get started ,what I am about to share is very important and to a larger extent will determine your long term success or whether your venture is going to crumbled.

This main factor of success is being overlooked because we are always looking at how to increase yield,how to procure the right inputs,how to cultivate etc.

As an agro-preneur,farm owners,traders, farmer or you have anything to do with farm business,there is every possibility that you will engage your local community/communities where you farm,or source agroproduce from.

Your success largely depend on how you/your business relate with your communities.

There are many things to discuss,I hope we can extensively discuss it on one of our webinar coming up soon

This what I am about to share is one of the proven operation playbook that have increase revenue for us and can do the same for you by larger revenue margin especially for medium to large scale farm operations.

Communities differs from values,cultures, orientation,etc but two things are important when engaging them

Many communities are faced with social issues like lack of clean water, electricity, schools etc

Focus your corporate social responsibility on providing this amenities for them if you have the means or set aside percentage of your revenue for this.

Second,do not leave the sole management of your farm with the locals.

This is why we see many farm fail.

Over the last few years,I have seen many new entrant make this mistake.

They leave their farm in the hand of someone in the community to oversee and manage their farm which allow side selling of your produce and mismanagement of output.

The best you can do is to train them,and put them under the management of your trained team.

If you don't have a team,then be in charge and,be on ground.

Good morning
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:39am On Jan 25, 2022
2 Ways Farm Business Put Money Into Your Pocket (First One Is Hidden)

Just about 4 years ago,we acquire about 4.04 million sqm of farmland in ogbomoso which we used to establish one of our farm estates.

After it was surveyed and secured,I paid a visit and I was like “God,how do we get here”

Thick bushes everywhere,you can hardly see the next person 5metre away.

But something kept telling me “well,we are not using it for housing estate,we are using it majorly for farming”

I guess my mind was trying to encourage me to accept the fate.

I believe that one day,it will turn to a town or city but I didn't believe the rate of development will be so fast.

Like my Dad use to say “ the cities of today were villages of yesterday”

The said location is now turning to a town with full social amenities everywhere

Many years ago,a potential client from Europe wanted to acquired large expanse of farmland to start a farm business but surprisingly said he is not longer interested in that particular location.

I asked him “why?”

He said “ the location is undeveloped and bushy”

Recently,I did a drone video of the same location and sent to him

He was like “wow”

He was surprised by the changes that has taken place and he wanted to key in but unfortunately the expanse of land is no longer available in that location

If anybody tells you to come and buy farmland inside bush,don't hesitate.

It seems our rural side is developing faster than we thought possible as seen from all of our farm estate locations.

Apart from appreciation of our land,it is also yielding revenue for WaleAgro and all of our partners in the various locations.

First,you have your land appreciate in value and

Second,your land keep generating revenue for you till forever

Agriculture is truly a double edged profitable sword.

This is the right time to plug in!!

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2022
Why I vow never to cultivate these crops and why you should not also?

Two days to when we are suppose to deliver one of our produce to the market;

All operations leading to the smooth activities are ready and checked

Bagging and packaging ✓

Logistics arrangement ✓

On the D day,the truck driver and the team jet out for the operation.

On getting to the market, everywhere was red (the initial price has changed and the new price was at the rock bottom)

What do we do?

Sell it there or bring it back to the farm warehouse to store?

Either we sell or we incur about 15-20% wastage with a lot of unloading activities coupled with stress.

Well,we had no choice but to sell at what the market brought.

That's one of the scenario farmers/agropreneurs face during selling

There is nothing you produce that market would not take up provided it is food.

The question most times is not about 'will you sell anything you produce or not"

It's majorly about "how much or what better price will I sell this produce?"

If I sell a bag of corn at N10K at market A maybe because of the market forces at the time of selling,I can also sell the same bag at N25k in market B improving my margin by N15k on per bag

Generally,prices in the market goes up when supply in the market is low and there are produce that are in high demand at a particular time of the year.

Plantain supply are normally scarce around Mid August of every year

Yam is around April/May

Tomato (Feb/Mar)

If you don't have indepth knowledge about the market of the crop you are in,then you should invest in processing facilities like dryer or add value to it so that you can be able to keep it for long.

The day we took our pepper to the market and sold at rock bottom price is the day I vow not to have anything to do with perishable produce that we do not have proper processing facilities to extend their shelf life

That's why you will never catch me with cultivating perishable produce without proper facilities on ground.

The forces in the market will also take advantage of you because they know you have no choice than to sell at their price.

In 2020,we had buyers falling over themselves to buy our soybeans.

I tell you the price I want to sell,if you want to buy,pay money into our account and if you don't want to,I will keep our soybeans till good buyers come by.

It won't spoil,it won't get damage because it's well stored; infact the more I keep it,the more the price go up.

At the end of the day,all of the focus is about working towards how getting a better price for your produce to maximize revenue.

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2022
3 important steps you should take if you want to smile to the bank this year (You Won't without doing No 3)

I normally thought that I give super attention to our crops,not until when we planted watermelon � one time and we messed it up; because we didn’t give it the regular attention it ask of

We didnot do a weeding and insecticide application during the lifecycle.

Farm business is an unforgiven venture especially if you don't give it the attention it requires.

For those that want to venture into agriculture but have other job you are doing; you might not be on the farm everyday but I have discovered what works.

First,employ a hand that's not from or reside in the community your farm is located to avoid side selling of your produce and your inputs. (You can check my previous articles on this for more details)

Employ them in your farm but don't put them in charge of critical areas that can determine the success/failure of your farm venture

I remember when we ordered some trucks of cassava stems from Benin that has never been grown in this particular community and about a months after I paid a visit,started seeing this particular varieties on the farms of the farmers within the community.

Another time,we ordered this fast maturing okra seeds (the ones that takes 2 and half months, usually grown by the Hausas),Before we know it,we have started seeing this particular varieties on farms,the same goes for all of our seeds.

We stopped noticing this trends until we relieve this particular guy from handling the input section.

Secondly,proper documentation,

If you will not give critical areas to those in the community,at least you give it to those outside the community and can deliver

You need to have agreement written in pen and paper about what's expected from the hand you employed and frequent follow up

This is the second step to take.

I was taught in my primary school by my no-nonsense computer teacher (Mr Bello),the term GIGO.

He drum GIGO into our stubborn head with cane to the extent that the term stuck with us many decades after we left school.

It means the quality of whatever you give your computer determines the quality of data you get out

Simply Garbage in garbage

The same applies to agriculture

The quality and quantity of whatever you plant determines the quality /quantity of what you can get out.

About 95% of farm are not mechanized in such a way that you have planter to plant accurately the number of seeds at the right spacing to plant for you.

So you need to be physically available during the planting operations to organize your workers so that they can plant the right spacing and have the right quantity of seeds planted on your farm.

An acre planted with 1000 maize seed will not give you the same thing as an acre planted with 10,000 seeds.

NOTE: You have to be available during the harvesting time to avoid your workers mismanaging your output

Your availability both during the planting time and harvesting time is VERY IMPORTANT

If you don't have the time for these activities,then the best you can do is to partner with organisation or firm that is into farm management and that's also involved in farm business

So,thirdly,you need to be available in critical operations such as planting and harvesting if you want to smile to the bank this year.
#waleagro#doagric
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
#DoagricItPays
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:56am On Jan 31, 2022
It seems 2022 is running very fast

When did we shout “Happy new year”

January is almost gone already,remaining 334 days in the year.

Before you know it,we are in December and we will be shouting “Happy 2023”

Time wait for nobody.

What are you doing with your goals/plan for 2022?

Abi you don't have one.

Ours is to maximize and improve revenue for our partners and WaleAgro by increasing the number of acres cultivated.

And to mentor/train those interested in venturing into farm business with adequate knowledge.

The race is on and we work day and night to make sure this is achieved

In short,we are taking massive action every hour of the day so that by December,we will look back and thank God for what we have been able to achieve.

What steps are you taking to see to the realization of your plans?

Remember,

No action,No success

What massive action are you taking now for realization of your goals in 2022.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2022
Land is an asset and you can't do without it as far as agriculture is concerned.

Either you own it or you lease it.

Like few of the numerous questions relating to farmland I am been asked by those who wanted to venture into farm business

“i want to start oilpalm,do you have land for lease”

“I want to start soybeans farm,can I get farmland in your farm estate”

“I want to start cocoa,can I get land to lease”

First,you can't lease land for long term/perennial crop

Crops such as cashew,cocoa,oilpalm etc

Even if you lease land for perennial crops,you will need to lease it for 15-20 years but where will you see land owner that will lease land to you for that long years?

That's why I normally advice “buy outrightly so that you can have ownership right and cultivate anything on your land”.

Many years ago,we were looking at acquiring piece of farmland in a thick bush.

Remember my earlier post

“ If you have the opportunity to buy land in a bush,don't hesitate because the cities of today were villages of yesterday”

I don't want to go fully into that details,read my previous post

After all the necessary processes done,we bought the land.

My team were surprise that we could close the deal very soon,faster than the earlier land purchases.

What I did not verbally tell them was that the cheap price was the real thing that make me influence the fast closure of the deal

What happened next would be one of my greatest lessons

We started cultivation and realized that we had to construct roads,build infrastructures, security spending more than double of the cost of acquiring the land.

Then I realized “cheap is costly”

Now before I look at price,I look at so many other things.

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:51am On Feb 05, 2022
Yam farming is one of the crop you should consider investing in this year.

Last year,we started our yam farm estate in Ilorin,kwara state after many years of market research on yam farming and it's value chain and I am about to share our lessons and result.

In November 2021,I wrote a widely shared article where I stated that timing is everything in agriculture.

Our yam was planted in late into the year,and was harvested in December.

We got good yield but not as we wanted solely because of one reason: late planting.

This year,we are already started and if you are looking at cultivating yam,you might be late if you don't have your heap or your yam seeds ready by now.

We are not repeating last year mistake so by February ending,we should be done with planting.

We have started preparing yam seeds for our partners and WaleAgro and planting about to start.

With our efforts,right timing and God ,we would have a great Yam year.

Right timing is everything in agriculture.

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:34am On Feb 06, 2022
Happy Sunday everyone
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2022
Want to plant and harvest money on trees,read this!

A Chinese philosopher once stated that "the best time to plant an iroko tree is 20 years ago,the 2nd best time is now"

This ageless truth applies to our personal lives also.

Regardless of your past failures,missed opportunities,if you want to change, shape and improve your future,the time to start is now

9 years ago, my eyes were clearly opened to the opportunities in the cashew farm business in ogbomoso.

I was not happy because I thought “why didn't I discovered this years later and then it's going to take cashew 4 long years to reach maturity.

Nonetheless,we started and looking back now,I am happy we kickstart the cashew farm business then.

The cashew that I thought will take 4 long years is now mature and ready for harvesting.

The 4 years has come and gone but the money making opportunity started then will continue to yield nuts for many decades to come.

The season of cashew is here again and it's time to start harvesting money on the trees.

You are 35,40,45years old now and you think cashew,oilpalm,cocoa will take 5 years before you start getting your returns,

Whether you start it or not,you will be 40,45 or 50 years old in 5 years and you will regret not starting it 5 years earlier.

The best time to plant iroko tree is 20 years ago,the next best time is NOW!

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:12am On Feb 09, 2022
The first and important decision to get right that hinges on your success in farm business

If you just bought your farmland for cultivation,

Well,don't jubilate too quickly especially if you are a newbie farmer and you do not put some factors into consideration before purchase

This happened to me and my farmer friends many years ago.

I bought 50 hectares and was very happy,ready to start cultivating the land.

My farmer friends bought their ranging from 20- 25 hectares at different locations.

We were very happy and motivated to start our farm business.

Two months into our farm cultivation,we started having series of issues; like cows straying into our different farms, poor road access,lack of adequate manpower.

That was the first time we were expose to challenges that's about to stand between us and our goals.

At the end of the day,we tried our best to mitigate some of the challenges, and i learnt lessons that would brought about our first farm estate.

I thought “What if we acquire larger expanse of farmland where those interested in farming can purchase farmland and conduct their farming business why we provide solutions to the common challenges of security,road accessibility,market, etc that we normally encounter ” and that's why we have our farm estates created.

The decision on overall success

When I say that we have one of the most secured,accessible, farm estates in Nigeria with friendly people, environment where you can acquire your farmland and start your farm business,with access to manpower,farm equipment, and market for your produce;

Nigerians both home and abroad have acquired their farmland from our various farm estates and ventured successfully into farm business.We are located in ijebu-igbo,ogbomoso, Ilorin,apomu.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:14am On Feb 12, 2022
This is how to start a 7 figure income farm business

According to FAO,about 70% of the population engages in agricultural production at a subsistence level producing most of the food we consume with issues of food insecurity and insufficiency.

In developed countries like Brazil,US,only 5-7% of the total population are involved in farming on a large scale and are self sufficient and also able to export their foods to other countries of the world.

In Nigeria,we preach "more people should venture into farming"
Now,we have more people in agriculture but still have serious issue with being food secured.

Less people who is either interested in starting small and continue to scale to a bigger level or want to start on a bigger scale should venture into farming.

It is in this Nigeria you would see someone with an acre of land looking to make 7 figures Income.

The 7 Figure income is not in the small scale farm,it is in the large farms with efficiency,larger volumes of produce

Yes,it's expensive in terms of acquiring land and cultivation but worth it at the end of the day.

Our government must stop the idea of giving out few acres to graduate and expecting it to be self sustaining.

We have got enough of small scale farmers already not getting us to where we should be.
We need new set of few large scale farmers who can feed us and feed other nations

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:54am On Feb 14, 2022
Agriculture will be a whooping $1 trillion industry by 2030 in africa as predicted by world bank

If you are able to get just 1% market share of the $1 trillion,that will be a whooping $10 billion.

That should get you within the range of the first 30 richest people in the world 

Are you ready to put in the hardwork?

What about the smart work?

Are you ready to work hard for the long haul?

Are you ready to go big and be actively involved along the value chain?

Are you ready for collaboration and partnership with like minded people?

Are you ready to start from wherever you are irrespective of your financial,social status ?

It doesn't matter where you start from,just start and remain focus.

A silent agric revolution is going on.

Be part of it 

Plug yourself in.

Invest your time and resources into it.

It is possible only if you remain focus.

Good morning

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:17am On Feb 16, 2022
The silent killer of revenue in farm business nobody is talking about

Many experts,farmpreneurs talk about how to increase yield,how to properly manage your farm,how to sell,how to mitigate risks associated with agriculture etc but we are not talking about this enough and the solutions.

Over the last 4 months,I have received calls from farmers having issues with theft and stealing

A friend lost about N2M to farm theft recently and have heard many losing few millions.
Either from stealing eggs, animals or,stealing farm produce on the field

Theft can happen either on the farm or on the store /warehouse.

It's important to note that it can not be totally eradicated but it can drastically reduced especially if you are cultivating large acres of land.

Few of the tips we use on our farm estates
Invest in smart alarm system powered by solar

I was surprised when a farmer told me they caught a boy in the middle of the night trying to harvest their farm produce after many days of constant monitoring.

A motion detector would have raised the alarm; either the boy run away by the shock from the alarm or it alerts the security guard/workers of a strange movement

Second,get a security dog
I will talk more on this in my

Third, invest in smart camera that has remote viewing that you can watch anywhere, wherever you are in the world and also has remote storage.

All of these security approaches can save you millions of naira, stress and add to your revenue base every year

If you want to setup any of these farm security,we can assist you to
Get in touch

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Inside The New Tropicana Mall In Uyo (Photos) / History Of Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate (1972-2019) / Code To Block Your Account Instantly, If You Were Robbed Or Misplaced Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.