Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine (47786 Views)

FAAN Bans ‘Ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports / "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN / Fight Breaks Out At The Lagos Airport As NLC Attempts To Shut It Down. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Kposkila: 5:16am On Dec 11, 2019
Imagine paying 3k to an hotel in ajao estate with airport taxi and using Uber d next day I paid 500 naira, wat does FAAN wants, to kill Nigerians n exploit them with our nonsense airport.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 11, 2019
My question, how will they know which car is private and which is Uber ? Unless FAAN has a tech that we sont know about
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Qoko: 5:53am On Dec 11, 2019
Me rugeddy, I go book my taxify or Uber then enter airport shuttle of N100 to airport junction.
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by sylve11: 5:58am On Dec 11, 2019
Arsenella007:
FANN denies it

thanks. cool
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by romenna: 6:15am On Dec 11, 2019
This govt is not ready to fight corrutpion.
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by 99persait(m): 6:20am On Dec 11, 2019
They can never enforce this development
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 11, 2019
Good morning Beloved

Peace be unto you in the name of our Lord Jesus

The way to righteousness

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Beloved, men have taken up different ways of living but these ways has an ending - death. There is no other way to righteousness and Holiness except the way provided by the Father for you which is Jesus Christ.

Any way of living that is not subject to or acknowledging the way and living by the way, the end thereof is death. Jesus is the only way you can live righteously and acceptable before GOD.

Many people are morally upright but have not come to acknowledge the way which is Jesus. This is called self-righteousnes. This leads to death: it is only through Jesus you can have life and without Him, the end is death. Jesus is the only way to the Father. Jesus is the only way to eternity with GOD. Jesus is the only way to live a righteous, holy and acceptable life before GOD. Jesus is the only way you can be acceptable before GOD and not condemned.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Are you still living by your own way which you think is right but you have not accepted the way?

Or you just find it very difficult to live a life free from Sin?

Jesus is knocking on the door of your heart. Just open the door of your heart, accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Let Him in that you may have access to the Father, live holy, righteously and have the hope of eternity.

Say the following: Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of GOD and that you died and rose again that I might be saved. I accept you as my personal Lord and Saviour, come in to my heart and take charge of my life. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. Amen.

If you have done this, I congratulate you. Heaven rejoice for your sake. Welcome to Family of GOD'S people. Welcome to Zion. Do well to contact the number below: +2347012859552

GOD bless you.

Shalom

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

Share!
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by aminho(m): 6:24am On Dec 11, 2019
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by BlongTrendies(f): 6:37am On Dec 11, 2019
Maxymilliano:
FAAN: Bolt, Uber not banned at airports

The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) says passengers are free to use whatever means of transportation they deem fit to arrive or depart the airports across the country.

The agency said this amid complaints and claims that it had restricted taxi companies such as Uber and Bolt from picking passengers at airports.

On Tuesday, a Twitter user  said: “So @FAAN_Official has issued a directive via this billboard to state that @UberNigeria @Boltapp_ng amongst others are not allowed to pick up passengers from the airport.

Lets keep our finger crossed. They wont stop their people from harassing the drivers of the ride sharing apps because they have passed the instruction: removal of signage or not
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by LabDNA: 6:37am On Dec 11, 2019
Why is that the leaders of this country hate innovation for christ's sake. We are not a communist country so why ban a group of people because the NURTW group have refused to step up their game, innovate and compete favourably?

This is nonsense for christ sakes. The Nurtw taxi drivers, danfos and agberoes have no customer relations habit, they insult customers, their cars are ramshackled, antiquated and dilapidated. Another innovative company comes to fill the gaps for even lesser fees, the NURTW buffons start protesting and the government then ensures that I must continue to patronize them even when they have nothing to offer and have sworn never to improve?

How much did NURTW taxis pay the FAAN in bribes to ban the innovative taxis? Millions maybe.

This is not a communist country, Nigeria is part of global community striving for development through innovation.

The minster of transport should liberalize the transport sector, so that serious people can invest, enough of this Nurtw rubbish, if they can't improve, they should go back to the farms. They cannot continue feeding fat even when they can only offer less than mediocrity.

Transportation is serious business all over the world.

Nurtw taxis should either innovate or die.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by GentlePEACE: 6:38am On Dec 11, 2019
SaintHilary:
Why can't the Airport Taxi's just swallow their pride and sign up for Taxify or Uber

My thought exactly
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by TheAlchemist: 6:42am On Dec 11, 2019
FAAN is just testing the water, to see how Nigerians would react, of course subtle attempt to frustrate ehailing cab has been slowly implemented in the past, the upward parking charge from N400 to N500 at mm2 airport was one subtle way, perhaps with the removal of the bill board, due to public outcry, FAAN may be forced to adopt the sledge hammer approach, i.e. parking charges may jump as high as N3,000 per hour, with extra 1 hour at N1,000.. this will be done to frustrate app drivers, who have no choice but to park at the car park.
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by BlongTrendies(f): 6:44am On Dec 11, 2019
shortgun:
They started arresting uber and bolt drivers in Abuja since last month.
The the Agency they are using is the notorious AEPB task force. Abuja environmental protection board.
They will even order uber in town and arrest them when they arrive for pick up.
The country will forever remain this way if all we can do is complain online.

Thank you. Removal of Signage or not. They have passed the instruction. This is better. They use touts here.
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by LabDNA: 6:45am On Dec 11, 2019
Taxify and co should sue FAAN. Nurtw does not own this country.
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Kingchineme6(m): 6:52am On Dec 11, 2019
[quote author=Devops post=84804393]Stupid.
The local taXi drivers should adjust,adapt and improvise. This is the 21st century for God's sake. You can't remain behind when the world is moving in the speed of light in technological advancement.
The local taxi drivers should upgrade or move to a more local area.
This is an airport for God's sake.
That's why we should always learn everyday, keep up with new technologies.
Because not learning and upgrading is the smoking of the 21st century. And this right here, is the warning label.
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by LabDNA: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2019
RamseyBolton:
These exorbitant airport taxi that will charge you 5000 to Surulere in a car without AC.

Can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by RamseyBolton: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2019
davillian:

They once charged me 7k to church bustop ipaja.
They charge you for going and coming because they won't see one passenger to pick on their way back to the airport....

And now we are forced to use them? So sad
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by LabDNA: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2019
grandstar:

Never said it was. Competition may still be unfair. If we allow market forces to work, Uber by my calculations will still go under. It's only a matter of when.

Are they complaining to you?
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Akorkor(f): 7:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Stupid. Instead of me to enter those unclean cars I would rather trek and meet my Uber or taxify drivers.

With the way we are thinking in this country, we can’t move forward. Those idiot taxi driver that you would have negotiated amount with despite their smelling car and when you are on the road they will be frowning their face and want you to renegotiate because of traffic. Old thieves in old cloth

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by LabDNA: 7:12am On Dec 11, 2019
CSTR2:
Buhari is archaic.

The economic theories of the 80s are what are still in his head.

I doubt If buhari would have allowed privatisation of the telecommunications sectors.
We would probably still be queuing up to use NITEL.

You are 100% right. If Buhari had succeeded in ruling this country between 1999 and 2003. We would still be queueing up in front of phone booths to use NITEL.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2019
I seriously doubt the credibility of this story. How can FAAN ban something which makes movement easy for passengers from the airport to their various destinations then choose to keep those thieving drivers who would tout u and then still bill u extra ordinary charges. This would even help decongest the airport from those useless touts who hide under the guise of waiting for passengers while harassing passengers. The smart ones among the local operators will upgrade their M.O and cash in on the trend while making life easy for everyone.

This lie is probably the work of their nonsense unions

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2019
pcguru1:
My question, how will they know which car is private and which is Uber ? Unless FAAN has a tech that we sont know about

Good morning sir, Have you checked out the site you promised to do that.

I'm just been jobless roaming the street everyday with no purpose in life.

Can you teach me how to make money online maybe i might get money to feed and take care of myself from there
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Kizyte(m): 9:13am On Dec 11, 2019
Adeling:
Watin dey happen to dem uber drivers this days..?
8k size 44
Where do you stay?
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by okomile(f): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2019
Do you know Lagos at all?
grin

northbird:
In Abuja , Yes. In Lagos, No. Where are you going to trek to from d Lagos terminals
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by fashrola(m): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2019
It wont work..... Na to claim na brother come pick me up

Abi dem dey write Uber or Bolt for car body?
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by msmon(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Buhari is doing badly but I do not regret voting out the drunkard I the picture you posted. I will do it again if given the chance.

COW
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
msmon:

COW

You are the cow! Nothing can make me wish to have that ogogoro addict as a president. I want Buhari out but Jonathan should remain in Otuoke and continue sipping his thing. No time for weaklings!
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Ramsey247(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2019
SaintHilary:
Why can't the Airport Taxi's just swallow their pride and sign up for Taxify or Uber
Their scrap will not qualify for Taxify or Uber
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by Insectkiller: 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
RamseyBolton:
These exorbitant airport taxi that will charge you 5000 to Surulere in a car without AC.

Not just in a car without AC but in a rickety car..and with alot of insulting words from d local driver.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by dbaptist1(m): 12:10am On Dec 12, 2019
RamseyBolton:

They will charge you 2500 from mm1 to mm2, a journey of 3 minutes
Re: FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine by maeola(f): 12:45am On Dec 13, 2019
okomile:
grin
Trekking go sweet!

Trek out of airport vicinity.
Get uber/bolt driver contact. Call before you arrive.

He/she will simply pick you up grin
Lobatan
;Dyou read my mind!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) / US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.