Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin (36077 Views)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race / Ngige: Umahi Didn’t Invite Us To Defection Rally / Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by bizhop01: 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
Indispensable85:
Let me just wait and see if osinbajo and tinubu will be present at the rally first.
if that happens then obaseki is in trouble.
Because he is robotic governor of lagos state.
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Sijo01(f): 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
Parada:
Tinubu that Bihari as sidelined is ruling Nigeria again she Bihari is still the president of Nigeria ?! The way you people comment on NL Una no DW fear God. Even lunatics go de fear the level of foolishness in hour thought.

What point are you driving out exactly? I tried to understand you by reading your post severaly but I couldn't comprehend it.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Nelz77: 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
Indispensable85:

That's politics as played in Nigeria. I said somewhere recently that if yahaya bello can win re-election then anybody can.I'm not sure ize iyamu is worse than bello. The point is there are no more elections in Nigeria.
The election will be massively rigged with wide margin and they'll say go to court.I'm not a fan of ize iyamu though.I guess he was brought in because he's a master of dirty politics. if not for oshomhole manipulation obaseki would've not defeated ize iyamu in d last election. it was just 66,000 difference. He was the man that rigged the uromi lga election those days.Give ize iyamu federal backing and watch him humiliate obaseki next year.

Definitely not now that Obaseki has been tested by the masses. Plus the Public Sympathy effect.

It’s not gonna be as easy for either sides as U think.
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by obazie(m): 6:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nobody disturb oshio like this for he tenure oh...na wa useless politicians all for their own intrest
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Legendguru: 7:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Oh
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Jman06(m): 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:
lipsrsealed

Obaseki go soon learn lesson

The moment i saw some Nairaland monikers and usernames hailing Obaseki, i really felt sorry for him, because he is about to get pushed off like they did to Saraki and Dino

You'll soon realize that Edo is not Lagos...

make Bini boys catch Osbomole first
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Indispensable85(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nelz77:

Definitely not now that Obaseki has been tested by the masses. Plus the Public Sympathy effect.

It’s not gonna be as easy for either sides as U think.

My guy apc will rig him out with ease if he dare contest under any other platform.
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Mistermamus(m): 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
political prostitute
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by SirBunky85(m): 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
Roon9:
Hmm.. Never knew governors could be this powerful. How Ambode take loose guard his?
how exactly is obaseki powerful?let him first grab the apc gubernatorial ticket first before u start hailing him.those advising him are too naive.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by SirBunky85(m): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
fairfora:
What happened to federal might in sokoto and benue states where their governors defected? If the governor is loved by the people, no amount of federal might would prevail. Obaseki is a man of the people and a force to reckon with in edo state. That's why the apc chairman has been pampering him in all his press statements, contrary to his style of blunt and vulgar utterances.
is yahaya bello a man of the people in kogi state?didn't he win in d just concluded election?is dino not man of the people?didn't he loose via federal might?atimes u people just amuse me
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
is yahaya bello a man of the people in kogi state?didn't he win in d just concluded election?is dino not man of the people?didn't he loose via federal might?atimes u people just amuse me
you've not answered my question because the governors of sokoto and benue states also defected to the pdp and retained their seats. Obaseki is a lived governor. No matter the bribe from.the apc side, no latter the Intimidation and killings like they did in benue and sokoto, obaseki would still retain his seat if he defects. Kogi isn't edo state. Kogi is backward in education and developments. Give them 3k each and they'd do your bidding. Such can never happen in edo state.
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by SirBunky85(m): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
fairfora:
you've not answered my question because the governors of sokoto and benue states also defected to the pdp and retained their seats. Obaseki is a lived governor. No matter the bribe from.the apc side, no latter the Intimidation and killings like they did in benue and sokoto, obaseki would still retain his seat if he defects.
I don't need to school a neophyte
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
I don't need to school a neophyte
a neophyte or not, it's your opinion. You cannot compare obaseki with bello, neither can you compare the impoverished kogi with edo. Kogi is backward in virtually everything, including education. You cannot bribe an average edo man with money on election matters and think hed change his mind. Obaseki is massively loved by edo people, I reiterate
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by SirBunky85(m): 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
fairfora:
a neophyte or not, it's your opinion. You cannot compare obaseki with bello, neither can you compare the impoverished kogi with edo. Kogi is backward in virtually everything, including education. You cannot bribe an average edo man with money on election matters and think hed change his mind. Obaseki is massively loved by edo people, I reiterate
same way igbinedion didn't bribe dem with money abi?let obaseki decamp to pep or any other party and test his popularity since he's the man of the people.why is he still in apc ?
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 12, 2019
SirBunky85:
same way igbinedion didn't bribe dem with money abi?let obaseki decamp to pep or any other party and test his popularity since he's the man of the people.why is he still in apc ?
Igbonedion was a corrupt man. I was a youth corper in his first term as governor in 2002. Edo people said he had failed woefully so, they'd not vote him. His dad, esama said they should forgive him so, he had his second term. Obaseki is another edoman so much loved by his people and thats why he could do all he's been doing including withholding the state assembly seats and nobody could raise a voice in the apc, not even oshiomohle.

It's never too late for him to decamp brother, should he consider that. Benue governor decamped a few months to election, tambuwal too. Ortom is like an idol to them. If you're loved by the people, they would defend you, come what may. In oyo state where I grew up, makinde won effortlessly because the people loved him. The money Tinubu gave, which tore the adedibu loyalists apart couldn't do any magic. On the eve of the election, some thugs came to whisk makinde away in order to succeed in their rigging plans the elections taking place following day. Police supported them, they were shooting sporadically. In orita bashorun where makinde lives, he lit the whole street, ever before becoming governor, for years and maintained the streetlights . One could say he was nurturing his ambition but at least, he gave back to the society. He gave scholarships too. The street lights never went dim. The boys in the street came in large number to defend makinde. They challenged and dared the thugs and police to enter makinde's house and blood would flow. Eventually, they went back in shame.

In my earlier posts, I told you never to compare bello with obaseki because the two states are quite different in all spheres. I can bet my small finger that, if obaseki should defect today, he would still retain his seat as governor. Ask an average edo man, he would tell you he loves obaseki. They do not vote on party lines. They vote based on personality. Adam's oshiomohle was the only opposition governor in the south south yet, his people voted him 2ice because they loved him. He did a lot of work there until when he left and wanted to make himself godfather, an idea which he once fought to finish while in office.

In Bayelsa's case, Dickson lost the trust his people reposed in him because he chose to be arrogant and embezzled alot of money. He also went against their wish for the preferred candidate at the party level. Gej himself didn't hide his support for the apc guy and the pdp lost. Lion was loved in Bayelsa. He didn't win based on campaign strength or rigging. He won fair and square. Everything boils down to the popularity of the incumbent leader. I may not be a fan of Buhari especially on the way he governs and in his choice of appointments. One thing is certain, he's not a corrupt man. I've moved with somebody who knows him and used to dine with him. He's a plain man and that was why I voted him in 2015. I thought he was going to change but once a dictator is always a dictator, i didn't vote him again this time. I satisfied my conscience. Buhari rose on that pedigree to win 2ice. Even after him, I don't see that person, not even our Tinubu would match him on the scale of integrity.
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by SirBunky85(m): 1:19am On Dec 12, 2019
fairfora:
Igbonedion was a corrupt man. I was a youth corper in his first term as governor in 2002. Edo people said he had failed woefully so, they'd not vote him. His dad, esama said they should forgive him so, he had his second term. Obaseki is another edoman so much loved by his people and thats why he could do all he's been doing including withholding the state assembly seats and nobody could raise a voice in the apc, not even oshiomohle.

It's never too late for him to decamp brother, should he consider that. Benue governor decamped a few months to election, tambuwal too. Ortom is like an idol to them. If you're loved by the people, they would defend you, come what may. In oyo state where I grew up, makinde won effortlessly because the people loved him. The money Tinubu gave, which tore the adedibu loyalists apart couldn't do any magic. On the eve of the election, some thugs came to whisk makinde away in order to succeed in their rigging plans the elections taking place following day. Police supported them, they were shooting sporadically. In orita bashorun where makinde lives, he lit the whole street, ever before becoming governor, for years and maintained the streetlights . One could say he was nurturing his ambition but at least, he gave back to the society. He gave scholarships too. The street lights never went dim. The boys in the street came in large number to defend makinde. They challenged and dared the thugs and police to enter makinde's house and blood would flow. Eventually, they went back in shame.

In my earlier posts, I told you never to compare bello with obaseki because the two states are quite different in all spheres. I can bet my small finger that, if obaseki should defect today, he would still retain his seat as governor. Ask an average edo man, he would tell you he loves obaseki. They do not vote on party lines. They vote based on personality. Adam's oshiomohle was the only opposition governor in the south south yet, his people voted him 2ice because they loved him. He did a lot of work there until when he left and wanted to make himself godfather, an idea which he once fought to finish while in office.

In Bayelsa's case, Dickson lost the trust his people reposed in him because he chose to be arrogant and embezzled alot of money. He also went against their wish for the preferred candidate at the party level. Gej himself didn't hide his support for the apc guy and the pdp lost. Lion was loved in Bayelsa. He didn't win based on campaign strength or rigging. He won fair and square. Everything boils down to the popularity of the incumbent leader. I may not be a fan of Buhari especially on the way he governs and in his choice of appointments. One thing is certain, he's not a corrupt man. I've moved with somebody who knows him and used to dine with him. He's a plain man and that was why I voted him in 2015. I thought he was going to change but once a dictator is always a dictator, i didn't vote him again this time. I satisfied my conscience. Buhari rose on that pedigree to win 2ice. Even after him, I don't see that person, not even our Tinubu would match him on the scale of integrity.
d koko be say,let him decamp to any party of his choice and test his popularity.I'll see if the love he has from his people would save him.ize inyeamu evn defeated him if not for the rigging machinery of oshomole
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Tflex01: 6:17am On Dec 12, 2019
fairfora:
a neophyte or not, it's your opinion. [s]ou cannot compare obaseki with bello, neither can you compare the impoverished kogi with edo. Kogi is backward in virtually everything, including education. You cannot bribe an average edo man with money on election matters and think hed change his mind. Obaseki is massively loved by edo people,[/s] I reiterate

How old are you?? please leave politics discussion for those that know what's up.

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos / Photos Of Peter Obi Supporters In Edo State / Wike Begins Probe Of Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.