Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin (36050 Views)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race / Ngige: Umahi Didn’t Invite Us To Defection Rally / Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by jamespeter10(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2019
The crisis rocking the Edo state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), worsened on Tuesday, as embattled Governor Godwin Obaseki, denied knowledge of a rally planned by the party to hold in Benin City, on Friday.

This is even as the state chairman of the party, Anselm Ojezua, described the supposed rally as provocative and handiwork of unauthorized persons.

According to sources, the mega rally is for receiving a former governorship candidate of the PDP, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and hundreds of his supporters, to the APC.

It was also gathered that the Vice President, Prof. Yomi Osinbajo and the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, will be at the rally to receive the defectors.

The Governor, in a chat with journalists after meeting with heads of security agencies in the state at Government House, in Benin City, the Edo State capital, said “I have checked with the state APC secretariat and as far as I am concerned, the party has not announced officially that they will be having a rally.”

He said issues of public safety was reviewed at the security meeting, particularly in relation to the yuletide season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/12/11/obaseki-disowns-ize-iyamus-defection-rally-in-benin/amp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Johnwicky(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Read More>>>>>HERE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by OVIHINNO(m): 9:28am On Dec 11, 2019
Royal Rumble. Its the beginning. I'm definitely gonna be enjoying this

11 Likes

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by 7lives: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2019
Can Obaseki stop the rally?, the worst he can do is not to attend the rally.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Indispensable85(m): 9:45am On Dec 11, 2019
Let me just wait and see if osinbajo and tinubu will be present at the rally first.
if that happens then obaseki is in trouble.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by romenna: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2019
Clash on the Dunes part.2 grin

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by ojokolax: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
One thing you can be certain about is that VP Osinbajo would not be involved in any form of illegality whatsoever. He is a man of unquestionable integrity and acumen

Indispensable85:
Let me just wait and see if osinbajo and tinubu will be present at the rally first.
if that happens then obaseki is in trouble.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Indispensable85(m): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
ojokolax:
One thing you can be certain about is that VP Osinbajo would not be involved in any form of illegality whatsoever. He is a man of unquestionable integrity and acumen

You may live in Pluto.
what's illegal in attending a rally you were invited to by the national chairman of a party.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Q
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Roon9(m): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hmm.. Never knew governors could be this powerful. How Ambode take loose guard his?

18 Likes

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by tstx(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
Temporary disownment

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
The major general and his boys will like this. The Edo governor would like it though

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Rubbiish(m): 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2019
ojokolax:

All the illegality playing out BTW DSS and Sowore nko?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Germi9: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2019
Clash in the Moats
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by obembet(f): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
Thier problem

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by Auxtin85(m): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
APC gubernatorial ticket will be given to Ize Iyamu, Obaseki should better decamp and take power permanently from APC in Benin

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by wordproof: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
grin
Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by yinkus6750(m): 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
Its to be expected. Time for Edo political royal rumble.
Let's see who has the last laugh..

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by itsme01: 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
lipsrsealed

Obaseki go soon learn lesson

The moment i saw some Nairaland monikers and usernames hailing Obaseki, i really felt sorry for him, because he is about to get pushed off like they did to Saraki and Dino

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin by hisexcellency34: 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
i salute obaseki's courage

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu: I Am Not A Politician, I Am Repaying Tinubu For His Generosity / Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos / Israel Sunny-Goli Escapes Assassination As Gunmen Storm His Residence. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.