Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source (9316 Views)

Is This Not AROCHUKWU KINGS? Who Is OGANE To The East Of Bini? / What Were The Original Food Crops In Africa / The History Of Arochukwu (abia State) And The Infamous Long Juju Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
Eberejesus111:

Say as you deem fit. The Ibinukpabi in which the English men corrupted as "Long Juju" which was not. But this Ibinukpabi was similar to the Israelites "Ark of God" in which they carried, being that God was with them. And all nations round about them feared greatly because of the power of God (this is for the Israelites)

For Aro, these people where seen as sacred and priest who decided and made judgement as concerning any issue in the South-east and some part of the South-south. Most people on these geo-zones respected the "place they believed God made his home. "

Nri as a fellow brother of Aro. It's only objective was make refuge to those fleeing from war or unjust, just accusations and punishment.

And immediately they found themselves in that sanctuary they were untouchable and as well indoctrinated into the Nri socio-politcal and religious system.

These systems of administration by both of these groups has been one of the fundamental topics by historians, justifying that Igbos are of the Abrahamic fold and the Israelite stock in particular.

The Igbos are not Isrealites. We are Africans. We are native to West Africa and Nigeria. The Ibini Ukpabi was believed by the old people to be the manifestation of Chukwu Abiama. Aro people was more clever then than other Igbos. They exploited their naivety and sold many Igbos into slavery.

History must be said as it occurred.

Again, Aro people never saw Nri as their brothers. To the old Aros, Nri was just another people, just like other Igbos were other people. Never in any history associated with Aro have I come across, Aros acknowledging Nri.

1 Like

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Scottallen:

The Igbos are not Isrealites. We are Africans. We are native to West Africa and Nigeria. The Ibini Ukpabi was believed by the old people to be the manifestation of Chukwu Abiama. Aro people was more clever then than other Igbos. They exploited their naivety and sold many Igbos into slavery.

History must be said as it occurred.

Again, Aro people never saw Nri as their brothers. To the old Aros, Nri was just another people, just like other Igbos were other people. Never in any history associated with Aro have I come across, Aros acknowledging Nri.

Well, can you give me the facts. For I'll like to know the place of your research. This research was from an old man from, in which this knowledge was passed onto him from generations and not that habalobo research stuff.
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 2:59am On Dec 30, 2019
Eberejesus111:

Well, can you give me the facts. For I'll like to know the place of your research. This research was from an old man from, in which this knowledge was passed onto him from generations and not that habalobo research stuff.

Being old has nothing to do with wisdom! A well traveled man is always wiser than an old man(Igbo proverb). It is sheer foolishness to say that we are Israelites. It all began with Christianity.

We usually have the Nfunala, Nhunala, Diana, Okpu people in all areas. So many scholars have ascertained that Awka,Orlu,Okigwe stretch could possibly be the earliest Nfunalas who had no history whatsoever of coming from any other place.

I sincerely, want to ask you a question. If Aros where Israelis, what happened to their skin color? How possible was it to travel thousands of mile from the middle East to AlaIgbo? Who did they meet when they arrive? Are Aros not similar to other Igbos and West Africans per say? The Israelis had a written language. What's the evidence of this Hebrew( Don't bring up the nsibidi. It was an Ejegham script)? Do you know that the West Africans are physically, morphologically and socially different from the people of the Middle East?

Do you know that the Bedioun Arabs have been here in Africa for more than one thousand years and still retain their looks and characteristics?

I believe, the Israelis story has to do with inferiority complex and a desperate attempt to hold on to the last straw.

NB: We Igbos have always been West Africans. We never came from anywhere. Our language is not spoken as an indigenous language in any other country.

I believe you are educated. You can make your independent research. They are many books on the Internet and off the Internet that you can read to clear your mind.
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
Scottallen:
[s][/s]

I'm not Aro, however, Nri got nothing on Aro. The Aros were the most influential Igbo group before the arrival of the White man

Go and read the history of the Igbo cultural traditions.

No culture /tradition was invented by Aro...Aro were slave traders and hustlers...nothing more. They have nothing to their name!

As for Nri...think about Ikenga cult, think Nze na Ozo, think Ichi ,think the four market days...eke , oye, afor and Nkwo. These are some of the foundation of Igbo society. What did Aro bring ?
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Go and read the history of the Igbo cultural traditions.

No culture /tradition was invented by Aro...Aro were slave traders and hustlers...nothing more. They have nothing to their name!

As for Nri...think about Ikenga cult, think Nze na Ozo, think Ichi ,think the four market days...eke , oye, afor and Nkwo. These are some of the foundation of Igbo society. What did Aro bring ?

Agreed, Aros were hustlers and slave hunters. They however, wielded a lot influence back then. The British recognised this and fought to dislodge them. The Brits never bothered about Nri.

However, I totally disagree with you on the four market days and the nze na ozo claim.

The four market days have been with the Igbos since time immemorial. People who never heard of Nri had it. Your claim is a fallacy, my friend

Many Igbo societies had Nze without Nri influence. Many communities in Owerri and Mbaise have it also.

The Ikenga wasn't popular in many southern Igbo communities. I also believe it has an Awka connection to it

Eri was an Igala king who met an already established Igbo community even in the Omambala area. The Awka people were already well established before the arrival of Eri. Many other communities were already there before the arrival of Eri.

You can only tell your lies and spurious claims to ignorant folks

2 Likes

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Scottallen:

Agreed, Aros were hustlers and slave hunters. They however, wielded a lot influence back then. The British recognised this and fought to dislodge them. The Brits never bothered about Nri.

However, I totally disagree with you on the four market days and the nze na ozo claim.

The four market days have been with the Igbos since time immemorial. People who never heard of Nri had it. Your claim is a fallacy, my friend

Many Igbo societies had Nze without Nri influence. Many communities in Owerri and Mbaise have it also.

The Ikenga wasn't popular in many southern Igbo communities. I also believe it has an Awka connection to it

Eri was an Igala king who met an already established Igbo community even in the Omambala area. The Awka people were already well established before the arrival of Eri. Many other communities were already there before the arrival of Eri.

You can only tell your lies and spurious claims to ignorant folks

You dont dig into what you dont know. The four market days were originally deities worshipped by the Nri and related groups on different days thats how it was named after the days...you dont know these because you are not from Anambra.

Mbaise and Owerri dont have Nze na Ozo!!...the behavior of an Ozo man lacks in the average Imo , Abia and Ebonyi man. Those who didn't learn Nze na Ozo directly from the Nri borrowed or copied it. You dont have the prestigious institution of Nze na Ozo nobles. Stop claiming what you dont have....and what Anambra practices is Omanbala culture and it has definition

Ikenga is the cult of the right hand that spread beyond Igbo land into Uhrobo , Igala and Edo. It is an Ndi invention and all the Igbo know that Aka- Ikenga is the most powerful arm of Ohaneze Ndigbo. Now, you know.

The Eri and Igala gibberish is nothing more than trying to save face....bring your proof, oga . By the way Anambra share alot with Igala and we are proud of it....all the way from Aguleri to even Orumba has Igala. We love our Igala brethren. Anambra has beautiful elegant culture and you are jealous.

List Aro achievements...even the Aro Izuogu , Ajali and Ikelionwu practice Omanbala culture. Aro people are nothing but criminals who terrorized Igbo land and today they have nothing to show for it because there was no substance nor essence...read history of Nri because we are the pride of Igbo!
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
OMANBALA1:

You dont dig into what you dont know. The four market days were originally deities worshipped by the Nri and related groups on different days thats how it was named after the days...you dont know these because you are not from Anambra.

Mbaise and Owerri dont have Nze na Ozo!!...the behavior of an Ozo man lacks in the average Imo , Abia and Ebonyi man. Those who didn't learn Nze na Ozo directly from the Nri borrowed or copied it. You dont have the prestigious institution of Nze na Ozo nobles. Stop claiming what you dont have....and what Anambra practices is Omanbala culture and it has definition

Ikenga is the cult of the right hand that spread beyond Igbo land into Uhrobo , Igala and Edo. It is an Ndi invention and all the Igbo know that Aka- Ikenga is the most powerful arm of Ohaneze Ndigbo. Now, you know.

The Eri and Igala gibberish is nothing more than trying to save face....bring your proof, oga . By the way Anambra share alot with Igala and we are proud of it....all the way from Aguleri to even Orumba has Igala. We love our Igala brethren. Anambra has beautiful elegant culture and you are jealous.

List Aro achievements...even the Aro Izuogu , Ajali and Ikelionwu practice Omanbala culture. Aro people are nothing but criminals who terrorized Igbo land and today they have nothing to show for it because there was no substance nor essence...read history of Nri because we are the pride of Igbo!

You can only tell your lies and fables to your village folks. Don't rope in Anambra into this. The discussion is on Nri. The four market days weren't an invention of Nri. All your grandiose claims exist only in your imagination. The Igbos have been using the four market days from time immemorial and yes, the four market days are deities also.

Nri got nothing on Aro. It is verifiable that Eri is of Igala origin. His name, the names of his kids, the attire of the Agulueri king of the old, their customs and folk lore all scream Igala. I'm not condemning Igala. Just setting the records straight.

Eri was an Igala king who arrived into an Igbo speaking area. When Eri arrived he met indigenous people. He engaged Awka blacksmiths. These are verifiable.

Nri was great in its own way, however, it got nothing on Aro. Now, stop claiming what you are not.

You can continue living in your lies. We all know the true history

2 Likes

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
Scottallen:

You can only tell your lies and fables to your village folks. Don't rope in Anambra into this. The discussion is on Nri. The four market days weren't an invention of Nri. All your grandiose claims exist only in your imagination. The Igbos have been using the four market days from time immemorial and yes, the four market days are deities also.

Nri got nothing on Aro. It is verifiable that Eri is of Igala origin. His name, the names of his kids, the attire of the Agulueri king of the old, their customs and folk lore all scream Igala. I'm not condemning Igala. Just setting the records straight.

Eri was an Igala king who arrived into an Igbo speaking area. When Eri arrived he met indigenous people. He engaged Awka blacksmiths. These are verifiable.

Nri was great in its own way, however, it got nothing on Aro. Now, stop claiming what you are not.

Bla Bla Bla.....making unfounded claim ain't gonna help you. Nri is Anambra and Anambra is Nri! I a tried true son of the soil will speak on that not you....Omanbala culture is a mixure of Eri/Nri, Onicha , Omanbala , Awka. etc . You cant divide Anambra, you are inconsequential!

Aro has no cultural ground....I know it hurts when you realizes your people are nothing but criminals in the past. The most powerful, elegant and prestigious institutions in ana Igbo all have strong and proven Nri and related groups roots....

Mmuo Ijele
Nze na Ozo
Igba Odu Umunwanyi
Igba Akwunechenyi/ Igba Ijele
Agaba aju ogu
Ofala
We have beautiful culture and you don't...bia kpoolu m isi ani,ofeke

1 Like

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
[s]
OMANBALA1:

Bla Bla Bla.....making unfounded claim ain't gonna help you. Nri is Anambra and Anambra is Nri! I a tried true son of the soil will speak on that not you....Omanbala culture is a mixure of Eri/Nri, Onicha , Omanbala , Awka. etc . You cant divide Anambra, you are inconsequential!

Aro has no cultural ground....I know it hurts when you realizes your people are nothing but criminals in the past. The most powerful, elegant and prestigious institutions in ana Igbo all have strong and proven Nri and related groups roots....

Mmuo Ijele
Nze na Ozo
Igba Odu Umunwanyi
Agaba aju ogu
Ofala
[/s]

Grandiose delusion! A bughi m onye Aro biko! You are not worth my time biko! I choro onye na akporo gi isi ala. Go tell your siblings to bow to you.

Happy new year to you biko. I cannot fight with you onye Nri. Anyi abuo bu ndi Igbo. Egbe bere ugo bere!

2 Likes

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Rossikk(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
Scottallen:

Being old has nothing to do with wisdom! A well traveled man is always wiser than an old man(Igbo proverb). It is sheer foolishness to say that we are Israelites. It all began with Christianity.

We usually have the Nfunala, Nhunala, Diana, Okpu people in all areas. So many scholars have ascertained that Awka,Orlu,Okigwe stretch could possibly be the earliest Nfunalas who had no history whatsoever of coming from any other place.

I sincerely, want to ask you a question. If Aros where Israelis, what happened to their skin color? How possible was it to travel thousands of mile from the middle East to AlaIgbo? Who did they meet when they arrive? Are Aros not similar to other Igbos and West Africans per say? The Israelis had a written language. What's the evidence of this Hebrew( Don't bring up the nsibidi. It was an Ejegham script)? Do you know that the West Africans are physically, morphologically and socially different from the people of the Middle East?

Do you know that the Bedioun Arabs have been here in Africa for more than one thousand years and still retain their looks and characteristics?

I believe, the Israelis story has to do with inferiority complex and a desperate attempt to hold on to the last straw.

NB: We Igbos have always been West Africans. We never came from anywhere. Our language is not spoken as an indigenous language in any other country.

I believe you are educated. You can make your independent research. They are many books on the Internet and off the Internet that you can read to clear your mind.

You are clueless and ignorant. The ancient Israelites were BLACK PEOPLE. When Rome invaded Jerusalem in 70 AD, over a million Israelites fled into Africa. That number would have multiplied to several hundred million today.

''Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD.'' Amos 9:7

“My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.” – Job 30:30

“I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.” – Song of Solomon 1:5-6

“Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.” – Lamentations 4:8.......The word “visage” means “appearance” (Strong’s #8389)

“Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.” – Lamentations 5:10

“And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.” – Revelation 1:15
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 2:17am On Jan 01, 2020
Rossikk:

You are clueless and ignorant. The ancient Israelites were BLACK PEOPLE. When Rome invaded Jerusalem in 70 AD, over a million Israelites fled into Africa. That number would have multiplied to several hundred million today.

''Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD.'' Amos 9:7

“My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.” – Job 30:30

“I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.” – Song of Solomon 1:5-6

“Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.” – Lamentations 4:8.......The word “visage” means “appearance” (Strong’s #8389)

“Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.” – Lamentations 5:10

“And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.” – Revelation 1:15

Believe whatever you wish; I don't care!
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by letu(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2020
Scottallen:

Let me add more, the indigenous people your talking about are called the ADAMA'S or ADAMA Igbo speaking people whose origin and civilization is a hundred years older than Eri people of Igala origin.

3 Likes

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by letu(m): 10:55am On Jan 01, 2020
Scottallen:

Even ADAMA people also has a saying that goes like this Igbo fesia Eri, Eri efi ADAMA

2 Likes

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 12:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
letu:
Let me add more, the indigenous people your talking about are called the ADAMA'S or ADAMA Igbo speaking people whose origin and civilization is a hundred years older than Eri people of Igala origin.

Exactly! I'm really at loss at how Nri people claim to be the origin of Igbos.

Well, nke ahu gbasara ha! Ignorance is bliss

1 Like

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
letu:
Even ADAMA people also has a saying that goes like this Igbo fesia Eri, Eri efi ADAMA

See for yourself, bro

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Mmuo Ijele
Nze na Ozo
Igba Odu Umunwanyi
Agaba aju ogu
Ofala

See for yourself

https://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-politics-of-igbo-origin-and-culture-the-igbo-ukwu-and-nri-factors-reconsidered/
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by okwadatigbogal: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2020
Even the present Imo governor Ihedioha is a Aro man though from Mbaise

1 Like

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by agadez007(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2020
okwadatigbogal:
Even the present Imo governor Ihedioha is a Aro man though from Mbaise
how do guys recognise Aro people,is it by name or by their body structure?

1 Like

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
EZE NRI Enwelana...,Adama Nri pays homage to EZE NRI .....this is Omanbala culture !

Your jealous will not stop Nri from breaking the Kola...Nri Ji Offor. All those nonsense you post are mere day dreams...lmao. I thought you said Aro are the leaders of Igbo...after I have finished trounsing you with a bit of Nri culture you turned to Igala then Adama....lol. This is after you have tried to use Awka to divide Omanbala. Why didn't Nnamdi Kanu go to EZE ARO ,instead he went to Aguleri for blessings.

Every stream has a source and Omanbala is the classic essence the Igbo is made from...Arochukwu has no single cultural practice of their own....just bunch of marauding criminals Who terrorized Igbo land in search of slaves
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scottallen:

See for yourself

https://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-politics-of-igbo-origin-and-culture-the-igbo-ukwu-and-nri-factors-reconsidered/

I have read that trash written by Nwaezeigwe to tarnish Nri history...just like Onicha claim to originate from Benin yet no single evidence you trying to call us Igala without a danm evidence is comedy at its finest. If you may know Anambra is filled with Igala all the way down to Orumba...Aguleri, Awka, Oyi , Onicha , Idenmili, Omanbala towns etc all have Igala admixture.

We are also proud of it and love the Igala people.
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
letu:

This saying is not literal. The Adama Nri play a very important role during the initiation and making of Eze Nri but EZE never bow down to any living man. Why is it that no Adama man ever sat on the throne ?

You guys are ignorant because you are jealous and don't want to show some obeisance. You keep running around using articles written by disgruntled elements to attack the most sacred institution in Igbo land...while the Yoruba , Hausa and Bini are busy build a strong front using their royal fathers
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:

I have read that trash written by Nwaezeigwe to tarnish Nri history...just like Onicha claim to originate from Benin yet no single evidence you trying to call us Igala without a danm evidence is comedy at its finest. If you may know Anambra is filled with Igala all the way down to Orumba...Aguleri, Awka, Oyi , Onicha , Idenmili, Omanbala towns etc all have Igala admixture.

We are also proud of it and love the Igala people.

Many Igbo groups have origins from outside Alaigbo. I believe you are not more knowledgeable than Idigo, an Aguleri native. You can go through the different books cited by the author. There's nothing wrong with having an Igala origin. Just don't deny it.

We don't hate the Igalas. Just own up to your origin. The Oguta, Onitsha, Egbema, Aboh, Abiriba, and the rest own up to having origin outside Alaigbo. It takes nothing away from them. Many of them are proud Igbos still.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
agadez007:
how do guys recognise Aro people,is it by name or by their body structure?

Emeka Ihedioha is from Aronta, Mbutu. He's an aro man.

2 Likes

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:
EZE NRI Enwelana...,Adama Nri pays homage to EZE NRI .....this is Omanbala culture !

Your jealous will not stop Nri from breaking the Kola...Nri Ji Offor. All those nonsense you post are mere day dreams...lmao. I thought you said Aro are the leaders of Igbo...after I have finished trounsing you with a bit of Nri culture you turned to Igala then Adama....lol. This is after you have tried to use Awka to divide Omanbala. Why didn't Nnamdi Kanu go to EZE ARO ,instead he went to Aguleri for blessings.

Every stream has a source and Omanbala is the classic essence the Igbo is made from...Arochukwu has no single cultural practice of their own....just bunch of marauding criminals Who terrorized Igbo land in search of slaves

No one is denying the contributions of Nri to Igbo culture. However, it is a big fallacy to place Nri above Aro or Awka. It is a terrible fallacy to say that Nri is the cradle of Igboland. Nke ahu bu ezigbo asi.

Nnamdi Kanu can go to whomever he wishes. It changes nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
[quote author=Scottallen post=85442665]

No one is denying the contributions of Nri to Igbo culture. However, it is a big fallacy to place Nri above Aro or Awka. It is a terrible fallacy to say that Nri is the cradle of Igboland. Nke ahu bu ezigbo asi.

Nnamdi Kanu can go to whomever he wishes. It changes nothing.[/quot

Don't brink Awka and Nri into this....they practice the Omanbala culture. My lesson you is that bringing Aro and Nri in the same sentence is very insulting. Aro has no cultural ground to stand comparison with Nri.... Aro was founded by slave hunters in the 16th century while Nri existed as early as 9th century. This conversation is very annoying....Aro has no say when it comes to Igbo culture and history. You can't break Kola in the presence of an Nri man this is what every Onye Anambra knows
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by OMANBALA1: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Scottallen:

Nnamdi Kanu can go to whomever he wishes. It changes nothing.

Nobody knows the first people to settle in Igbo land. However, the oldest place human ever lived in Igbo land is located within the Omanbala region. Nri , precisely, is the cradle of Igbo civilization and this is a well ingrained fact that your sorrows cant change.
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2020
[quote author=OMANBALA1 post=85443539][/quote]

Nkogheri!
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Scottallen: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Nobody knows the first people to settle in Igbo land. However, the oldest place human ever lived in Igbo land is located within the Omanbala region. Nri , precisely, is the cradle of Igbo civilization and this is a well ingrained fact that your sorrows cant change.

Akuko ifo! Nkogheri!
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by letu(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2020
OMANBALA1:

This saying is not literal. The Adama Nri play a very important role during the initiation and making of Eze Nri but EZE never bow down to any living man. Why is it that no Adama man ever sat on the throne ?

You guys are ignorant because you are jealous and don't want to show some obeisance. You keep running around using articles written by disgruntled elements to attack the most sacred institution in Igbo land...while the Yoruba , Hausa and Bini are busy build a strong front using their royal fathers
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
OMANBALA1:

You were making some points, until you fell off with the Anambra best culture silliness.
Re: The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
[quote author=OMANBALA1 post=85443539][/quote]
This is not true. Aro founded by Slave hunters. sad Aro has been opulent and the place of the judiciary for all igbo clans. Even stretching towards the present Niger-deltan regions.
The only precedence as found by you, saying Aro became quite popular in the 16th century is the biggest lie. It was only made popular in that century because when men from different clans brought a suspect of a crime to the Aro priest, the Aros and I believe generally the igbos detested killing as a sentence, so the only option was either casting them forth to the evil forest for them to find their way to other strange lands or more lucratively sell them to the Brit's who promised large profits.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture / Igbo Political Systems / Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.