Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? (31069 Views)

Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG / Sunday Igbobo: I Don’t Have Power To Fight Government / You Don’t Have Power To Ban Free Movement, KMC Tell Kwara Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by adenigga(m): 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
quickberry2:

Whose strategy?

Thanks for the correction!
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Angelfrost(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

Someone ''abroad'?

Where is ''abroad''?

Mumu. ''abroad'' for you means ''western countries''.

Your colonial past has brainwashed you into thinking ''abroad'' means ''the developed west''. But the developed world comprises less than 25% of the world. Majority of nations on earth are developing nations, and they ALL experience power cuts.

You

Dimwits usually result to insults when they run out of plausible and sensible comebacks...

I won't bandy words with you sir... My point is quite clear to all who have dignity and sense of shame.

Please, go play with your fellow sycophants. I'm really not in the mood for tantrums.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by gustav25: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2019
quickberry2:

There are so many areas in Lagos state that enjoy same, try to leave that your village, shey u hear?

See the problem ? Your brain is too little to grasp basic knowledge. That some areas of Lagos attain same doesn't equate every Nigerian is attaining same ... You are disgracing your teachers from Nursery school to what ever level you are in now but if you are a graduate, I'm sorry , you are a definition of everything wrong with our educational system

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by ABCthingx: 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
gustav25:

See the problem ? Your brain is too little to grasp basic knowledge. That some areas of Lagos attain same doesn't equate every Nigerian is attaining same ... You are disgracing your teachers from Nursery school to what ever level you are in now but if you are a graduate, I'm sorry , you are a definition of everything wrong with our educational system
don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
BlackHarp:
NO

And my own be say .......

Since yesterday Afternoon No Light ....

And i know normally they will come to my flat to request for Money to PUMP Water .... !!!!

As a sharp Guy i be ...... i comot yesterday evening .... before they came back from work .....

when i came back ... when everybody do go work !!! ...... Water don dey rush !!!

Hahahaha

Am Planning to Go Out this evening again !!!

I Don fill all my buckets and Gallons ...

But woman weah dey Gossip too much , just greet me from my window .... she saw me .... she say Neighbor Good Morning !!!

I Frown face before i respond to her Greeting !!!

Am Planning another thing ...

I Pray they bring light before they notice my plan oooo

Are you broke?
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
cheesy grin That may be so, but the border must remain shut
rampantlover:
Yes I have 24/7 uninterrupted electricity at East Legon Accra, Ghana. grin cheesy grin grin grin Giant of Africa struggling for light.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Rosskiki: 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

Dimwits usually result to insults when they run out of plausible and sensible comebacks...

I won't bandy words with you sir... My point is quite clear to all who have dignity and sense of shame.

Please, go play with your fellow sycophants. I'm really not in the mood for tantrums.

What shame? Shame in what? Keep living in ''shame''. That makes you an ignorant fool. Like i said, MAJORITY of nations on earth experience power cuts. THEY do not live in ''shame'' because they know their nations are still in development. Your ''shame'' is caused by your colonial mentality that tells you you ''OUGHT'' to have 24 hrs power like France and Germany after a few decades of independence. Educate yourself and you will no longer feel ''shame''.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by GENEGIRIA: 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
What has having light in Ghana got to do with borer being closed? and who is suffering the border closure? grin

[s]
GenBuhari:
That may be so, but the border must remain shut ;DThat may be so, but the border must remain shut
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Angelfrost(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

What shame? Shame in what? Keep living in ''shame''. That makes you an ignorant fool. Like i said, MAJORITY of nations on earth experience power cuts. THEY do not live in ''shame'' because they know their nations are in development. Your ''shame'' is caused by your colonial mentality that tells you you ''OUGHT'' to have 24 hrs power like France and Germany after a few decades of independence. Educate yourself and you will no longer feel ''shame''.

Like I said sir... I am really not in that mood.

Enjoy your "power cuts", and respectfully allow me wallow in my "shame"!!!...

Your futile efforts to make me see sense in your endorsement of mediocrity are well noted and even reluctantly respected. Thank you. grin
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Rosskiki: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

Like I said sir... I am really not in that mood.

Enjoy your "power cuts", and respectfully allow me wallow in my "shame"!!!...

Your futile efforts to make me see sense in your endorsement of mediocrity are well noted and even reluctantly respected. Thank you. grin

I'm not endorsing mediocrity. Simply being realistic. Get this. Nigeria needs 100 BILLION USD in investments to ensure 24 hour power supply for its 200 million people. This figure comes direct from industry stakeholders.

''The Nigeria Electricity Supply Industry, NESI, requires investments of over $100 billion in the next 20 years, if the country, Nigeria must have 24 hours of electricity supply daily, stakeholders in the power sector have said.''

https://allafrica.com/stories/201906210463.html

Do you know Nigeria's annual budget based on her current income?

$35 billion.

Out of that $35 billion, over half is for recurrent expenditure - salaries, debt servicing etc.

Get this. In all likelihood, you will not see 24/7 power supply in Nigeria in your lifetime.

It will happen at some point, but it will take decades of investment.

The figures speak for themselves. You can continue feeling ''shame'' out of wilful ignorance or a natural inferiority complex, but if you were wise, you'd get beyond that, free your mind of negativity and 'disappointment', accept you're from a developing country, and contribute to the nation's development, while enjoying your life as best you can.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Angelfrost(m): 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

I'm not endorsing mediocrity. Simply being realistic. Get this. Nigeria needs 100 BILLION USD in investments to ensure 24 hour power supply for its 200 million people. This figure comes direct from industry stakeholders.

''The Nigeria Electricity Supply Industry, NESI, requires investments of over $100 billion in the next 20 years, if the country, Nigeria must have 24 hours of electricity supply daily, stakeholders in the power sector have said.''

https://allafrica.com/stories/201906210463.html

Do you know Nigeria's annual budget based on her current income?

$35 billion.

Out of that $35 billion, over half is for recurrent expenditure - salaries, debt servicing etc.

Get this. In all likelihood, you will not see 24/7 power supply in Nigeria in your lifetime.

The figures speak for themselves. You can continue feeling ''shame'' out of wilful ignorance or a natural inferiority complex, but if you were wise, you'd get beyond that, free your mind of negativity and 'disappointment', accept you're from a developing country, and contribute to the nation's development, while enjoying your life as best you can.

Give over sir... The curtain has long been drawn on this issue. Once again, thank you for your time.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Rosskiki: 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

Give over sir... The curtain has long been drawn on this issue. Once again, thank you for your time.

Don't come here trying to shut people down. If you've had enough of my schooling, you can depart. The debate continues.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Angelfrost(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

Don't come here trying to shut people down. If you've had enough of my schooling, you can depart. The debate continues.

Schooling??! Hehehehe.... Don't you just wish. Lol.

Not trying to actually shut you down. That's my polite way of suppressing a yawn. tongue
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by midnighter(f): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
truthsayer009:

That's why Nigeria is the best country in the world. 2nd worse power supply behind Yemen.

Lol smh
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by midnighter(f): 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by LadyExcellency: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
agarawu23:
God will bless the engineers that created solar and inverter.

Is solar not generator?
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
BlackHarp:
NO

And my own be say .......

Since yesterday Afternoon No Light ....

And i know normally they will come to my flat to request for Money to PUMP Water .... !!!!

As a sharp Guy i be ...... i comot yesterday evening .... before they came back from work .....

when i came back ... when everybody do go work !!! ...... Water don dey rush !!!

Hahahaha

Am Planning to Go Out this evening again !!!

I Don fill all my buckets and Gallons ...

But woman weah dey Gossip too much , just greet me from my window .... she saw me .... she say Neighbor Good Morning !!!

I Frown face before i respond to her Greeting !!!

Am Planning another thing ...

I Pray they bring light before they notice my plan oooo

Lol��� baaaad tenant..
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by HENRY940: 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Elelenwo, portharcourt,

No light.....
For 2days now...and counting...
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by updated001: 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
We haven't seen light since 22nd Of June 2019. Faulty transformer and it's taken them forever to fix. #EKEDC
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by charleybam(m): 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yeah,dere is light at my place.new site satellite town
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Rosskiki: 12:11am On Dec 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

Schooling??! Hehehehe.... Don't you just wish. Lol.

Not trying to actually shut you down. That's my polite way of suppressing a yawn. tongue

Oh sure, I'm schooling you. It will take 100 billion dollars and 20 yrs MINIMUM for Nigeria to have stable power. FACT. So anything else you say, from ''feeling shame'' - a daft reaction since it's not a crime to be poor - to cursing the govt or people of Nigeria, to calling Nigeria a 'shithole' etc etc is a worthless, fruitless exercise.

What folks like you should be doing is devising little ways to provide electricity to small communities here and there via sola, wind, waste, biogas, and other renewable energy sources. The electricity shortage is actually a huge opportunity for sharp entrepreneurs. You could set up a school to train people in renewable energy, and make it big. You could set up a small wind farm that powers 50 to 100 homes. Again, big money for you. See how much better that is than sitting somewhere feeling 'shame' that Nigeria has power issues, and abusing the government?
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by SimpleLuxuries: 1:13am On Dec 13, 2019
fergie001:

I don't know as of now but as at when I typed, Asokoro was up.

They just restored power.

Hmmm. A few days to another new year and I am still celebrating power restoration. Chei.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by rampantlover: 1:25am On Dec 13, 2019
Thank God part of my heritage is from Ghana and not that evil forest called Nigeria. grin cheesy
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Ranchhoddas: 1:27am On Dec 13, 2019
Rosskiki:

Oh sure, I'm schooling you. It will take 100 billion dollars and 20 yrs MINIMUM for Nigeria to have stable power. FACT. So anything else you say, from ''feeling shame'' - a daft reaction since it's not a crime to be poor - to cursing the govt or people of Nigeria, to calling Nigeria a 'shithole' etc etc is a worthless, fruitless exercise.

What folks like you should be doing is devising little ways to provide electricity to small communities here and there via sola, wind, waste, biogas, and other renewable energy sources. The electricity shortage is actually a huge opportunity for sharp entrepreneurs. You could set up a school to train people in renewable energy, and make it big. You could set up a small wind farm that powers 50 to 100 homes. Again, big money for you. See how much better that is than sitting somewhere feeling 'shame' that Nigeria has power issues, and abusing the government?

Nonsense. Any nation that is still battling power in 2020 is a failed nation. A country that has been enjoying oil revenue for half a century cannot comfortably generate 5,000 MW of electricity without grid failure everytime.

It is this thief thief mentality that has made people like you claim that we need $100 billion to make power.
The three gorges dam in China is the largest dam in the world. It generates 22, 000 MW of electricity. This is more than double what we need to meet our power needs. It was constructed
at a cost of roughly 30 billion dollars. Initial estimates were even less but cost rose as construction went on.

What stakeholders if not thieves like you came to a 100 billion dollar conclusion for a country that requires less than 15,000MW to meet its needs?
Let me tell you. Power is basic, so fundamental that any serious group of people will get it right within a short period.
Ghana did not always have light. They got serious and made it work.
If they were quoting big figures like you they would have still been in the same place as you.
With the way the average Nigerian state of mind operates, even a trillion dollars will not be enough for them to fix power.
You are telling me that if the entire American or German apparatus of state were allowed to handle Nigeria's power they will require two decades and 100 billion dollars fix it?
Shame on you. Foolish patriot.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by rampantlover: 1:29am On Dec 13, 2019
Most of you Nigerians will sleep in total darkness on Christmas eve, Christmas, boxing day, new year's eve and new year because some of the power was used for Cardi B's show grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Now NEPA will make you suffer for your foolishness. Even Togo have stable electricity.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Salore(m): 1:44am On Dec 13, 2019
was light in my area this evening, but just for 10minute' just to tell us that they are back��
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by quickberry2(m): 6:15am On Dec 13, 2019
gustav25:

Go and learn how to use punctuation. Anywhere belle face. I know that so many states in Nigeria enjoy same.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2019
SimpleLuxuries:

They just restored power.

Hmmm. A few days to another new year and I am still celebrating power restoration. Chei.
Sorry, na 9ja we dey.... grin
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by gustav25: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2019
quickberry2:

Go and learn how to use punctuation. Anywhere belle face. I know that so many states in Nigeria enjoy same.

Who am I to burst your lies and utopianism? Enjoy delinquent
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by quickberry2(m): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2019
gustav25:

Who am I to burst your lies and utopianism? Enjoy delinquent

Get out of your hut, then u will know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Fulani Militias Kill 12 Persons In An Attack On Benue Community (graphic Photos) / INEC’s Power To Return Candidate Dangerous — Wole Olanipekun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.