Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG (27417 Views)

Sunday Igbobo: I Don’t Have Power To Fight Government / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? / Onnoghen Case: Supreme Court Speaks On Receiving Orders From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by 2mercy: 12:08pm On Mar 03, 2023

ABUJA–The Supreme Court, on Friday, dismissed the preliminary objection the Federal Government filed to challenge its jurisdiction to hear the suit that 16 states filed to challenge the ban on use of old N200, N500 and N1000 banknotes as legal tenders in the country.

The apex court, in its lead judgement that was delivered by Justice Emmanuel Agim, held that FG’s contention that it lacked the original jurisdiction to halt the full implementation of the Naira swap policy that was introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, was invalid.

It held that contrary to FG’s position, the case the states brought for determination bordered on alleged failure by President Muhammadu Buhari, in the exercise of his Executive powers, to comply with provisions of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.

The apex court held that the plaintiffs were not wrong by not joining the CBN as a necessary party to the suit.

It held that the suit qualified as a dispute between FG and the federating states, to which the Supreme Court has exclusive and original jurisdiction to determine.

“It is glaring that the CBN has no power to introduce new Naira if there is not directive by the President. The CBN is an agency of the Federal Government.

“The suit as constituted could be effectively determined without joinder of the CBN.

In the light of the foregoing, I good that all the preliminary objections lacked merit and there are accordingly dismissed”, the apex court held.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/naira-crisis-youre-wrong-weve-power-to-hear-case-scourt-tells-fg/

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Houseontherock1: 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2023
Thank God for Tinubu's support for the masses on this cash mop up. Emefailure should just shamefacedly redistribute the old 500 and 1000 notes, let's be using it till you get paper to print new notes. I'm tired of negotiating how much I'll buy money like other commodities!

125 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Tochitee(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2023
God bless the president elect
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless our dear nation Nigeria
God bless Nigerians
God bless APC supporters
God bless everyone that voted APC
God bless me
God bless you
God bless nairaland users
tinubu for me,tinubu for you,tinubu for All.

102 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2023
Mtcheeeeew do we still have a court in Nigeria

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by babyfaceafrica: 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2023
Will buhari and emelefiele Obey?

10 Likes

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by UncommonLogic: 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
Good.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Felabrity: 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
BREAKING: Supreme Court Orders Old N200, N500, N1,000 Notes To Remains In Circulation Till Dec 31

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by temitope27(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
May God bless supreme Court
May God bless ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by HEBEI: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
grin

These Meennn grin grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by scholarsfunding: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Wetin Emefiele go do now APC don win

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Vyzz: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
cheesy

That's good.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by inoki247: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
I'm.just happy our money is coming bak to circulation thunder fire Emiefiele enough of using Naira to buy Naira....

Emiefiele needs to be send to any ATM queue in Benin or Ogun State for lynching....

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by LesbianBoy(m): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
God punish urchins angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Reelmii: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
This is my only concern now o..something should be done about this naira issue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by ken6488(m): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Wow

1 Like

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by UncommonLogic: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Tochitee:
God bless Nigerians
God bless APC supporters
God bless me
God bless you
May Gid bless you my brother.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by EmeeNaka: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Because Buhari is on his way and Tinubu has been declared Winner.
This is Supreme court of APC. Nigeria must be careful with those men

5 Likes

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Parachoko: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Woto Woto Doings grin

Sai Jargaban

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by FreeStuffsNG: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Mr Emefiele could be sent to jail if someone presses for it.
He will be sacked las las.
check my signature for free stuffs!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Chidozie4847(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Tochitee:
God bless Nigerians
God bless APC supporters
God bless me
God bless you
you fool so despite all the warning u get posting this nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
D results no matter. The aim was defeated. INEC rigged for Tinubu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by UncommonLogic: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
babyfaceafrica:
Will buhari and emelefiele Obey?
Who cares. Tinubu is here.
That Emewere MOFO better resign before Tinubu is sworn in. The MOFO will be fired in the first minute of the ew administration.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Angelfrost(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Y'all should do what you like....!

Not our headache anymore!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by Oricha79(m): 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hm
Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by id4sho(m): 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
tongue
Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by temitope27(m): 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
Chidozie4847:
you fool so despite all the warning u get posting this nonsense
why are you wailing

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG by gigabyte13: 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
FG- 0
APC governor - 1
Play onnnnnnnnnnnnn......
Whistle blow for second half

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eze Madumere Releases Statement On Impeachment / We’ve Delivered — Ali Sheriff / Sanwo-olu, Agbaje Clash On Economy, Education At LCCI Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.