Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? (31081 Views)

Naira Crisis: We Have Power To Hear Case, Supreme Court Tells FG / Sunday Igbobo: I Don’t Have Power To Fight Government / You Don’t Have Power To Ban Free Movement, KMC Tell Kwara Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Lenient001: 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2019
Who knows the source of their strike but it can never pain me cuz they always play with the light as if a Nollywood artiste is shooting a gun
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by SimpleLuxuries: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
fergie001:
It's a grid collapse.
But it's been restored gradually, and discos will later get signal from NCC to hook up.

So far, only @aedcelectricity (that is Abuja) have hooked on. Others will follow....

Really? AEDC hasn't restored power yet.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by urahara(m): 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
grandstar:

Brought ours too like 10 minutes ago

Nice one
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by JIDECAC: 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yes, restored less that 3 minutes ago

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
[s]
mastermaestro:

Shut up there! Grid collapse or not, power supply has forever been pathetic! What stupid commendation are you rendering for a piece of useless information? Should we jubilate over that poo like Stone-Agers?

Don't get me upset!
[/s]
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by IamR: 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
queenfav:
There are so many. This is what we went for-
Prag 2.5kva pure sine wave inverter
Sunpower 300w solar mono panels (4 pcs)
Epever tracer 40A mppt solar charge controller
Mpower battery 12v,200ah (2 pcs)
Powermatic Automatic voltage regulator

The above is what our set up comprises of, and they are all rugged brands serving us well.
Thanks
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by ib4real95(m): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
benswagtt:

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
domchike:
Which (NCC) kwa
National Control Centre is in Oshogbo.....and is responsible for grid monitoring and control within the TCN network.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
SimpleLuxuries:

Really? AEDC hasn't restored power yet.
I don't know as of now but as at when I typed, Asokoro was up.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by clily: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
Anyone around South East?
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
SocialJustice:
The grid is always collapsing and nothing is being done about it.
Most of these equipment need to be changed, and it isn't small cash, though small compared to what our Ogas in Abuja take home.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
Indispensable85:

Which Abuja? No light here since yesterday.
As at when I typed, Asokoro had been closed already...was running!
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by richardo20: 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dey are all criminals looking for another way to increase our bill, it’s only in Nigeria I see light � bill higher dan house � rent, we pay for the light we don’t use...criminal NEPA we are waiting for you, come and bring bill,my bingo � � are waiting for you... I prefer using gen dan light
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by queenfav(f): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
IamR:
Thanks
Uwc
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
BlackHarp:
NO

And my own be say .......

Since yesterday Afternoon No Light ....

And i know normally they will come to my flat to request for Money to PUMP Water .... !!!!

I oooo
Bad guyz.....you should be under EKEDP.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
obembet:
We that did not have light in our area for the past 6 months. I don't see any different anyway
You are kidding, right?
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
brainhgeek:

Grid collapse ke? I thought they went on strike because of greed-collapse. grin
You are not well ooooo grin grin
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Amudeneogu: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
'To be frank to you in my area we are in total darkness but we don't bother because we are used to the darkness although we pay for the light they give us darkness, they give us estimated billing while we have the meter they refuse to give us pre-pared meter, we will buy wire and poles but when will just take your wire without your concept and you will pay before taking it, therefore, wether EEDC gives us light or not we don't care, all we know is that we have handed everything over to God to judge.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
couragemurphy:

Best contribution on the thread. This can only come from a knowledgeable person in the field. Unfortunately, majority of the people on the thread won't notice this. That's why I sometimes wonder..................
That's it bro...
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by SocialJustice: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
fergie001:

Most of these equipment need to be changed, and it isn't small cash, though small compared to what our Ogas in Abuja take home.
Lol, you think? Nigeria is broke, we actually can't afford it.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
SocialJustice:
Lol, you think? Nigeria is broke, we actually can't afford it.
I think.....we can.
Just discipline ourselves at all levels...we can.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by brainhgeek(m): 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
fergie001:

You are not well ooooo grin grin

Awell oo grin grin
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by SocialJustice: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
fergie001:

I think.....we can.
Just discipline ourselves at all levels...we can.
Ok.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by ospreywin(m): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yes, we have light in Lagos State
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Amudeneogu:
'To be frank to you in my area we are in total darkness but we don't bother because we are used to the darkness although we pay for the light they give us darkness, they give us estimated billing while we have the meter they refuse to give us pre-pared meter, we will buy wire and poles but when will just take your wire without your concept and you will pay before taking it, therefore, wether EEDC gives us light or not we don't care, all we know is that we have handed everything over to God to judge.
EEDC should be the worst of them all.
Power in Umuahia is extremely bad whilst I was there.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by fergie001: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
ospreywin:
Yes, we have light in Lagos State
Under IE?
We in Eko, nothing yet.
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Epistasis(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2019
Electricity has been restored in Ibadan, Agbowo-UI to be precised!
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by agarawu23(m): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ginaz:
No light since 3days now o embarassed

God will bless the engineer who created generator or else....
God will bless the engineers that created solar and inverter.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by quickberry2(m): 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
gustav25:

You have a discerning mind , use it !!! When he talks of Nigerians , he isn't referring to you as an individual but the collective aggregate!!!! That you have 18hours per day doesn't mean I have 4 hours a day...be guided

There are so many areas in Lagos state that enjoy same, try to leave that your village, shey u hear?
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by quickberry2(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
adenigga:

That's theretheir strategy - Divide & Rule!

Whose strategy?
Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Area4Area: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
clily:
Anyone around South East?
Nothing in Onitsha as we speak

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? by Rosskiki: 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
Angelfrost:
"Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity?"

Just imagine the question Nigerians are asking themselves far into the 21st Century... Someone abroad would think an earthquake or landslide occurred... These same youths will still defend their leaders and politicians, even fight and kill for them.

Sigh... How did it get this unfortunate??!... undecided cry

Someone ''abroad'?

Where is ''abroad''?

''Abroad'' for you means ''western countries''.

Your colonial history has brainwashed you into thinking ''abroad'' means ''the developed world''. Europe. America. Japan.

But the developed world comprises less than 20% of the world. Majority of nations on earth are developing nations, and they ALL experience power cuts, bad roads, corruption, et al.

You Nigerians should stop bleaching your skins, stop worshiping white people, and start travelling to the non-western world, where majority of the world lives, for holidays and business instead of always London, New York, and 'Dubai'.

Travel to Peru. Travel to Honduras, Jamaica, Tanzania, Grenada, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Cambodia, Djibouti, Burundi, Myanmar, Guatemala, Chile, Uganda, Madagascar, Belize, Barbados, Rwanda, Haiti, Brazil, Senegal, Jordan, Lesotho, Namibia, Bangladesh, Mexico, Gambia, Suriname, Seychelles, Zambia, Mali. It is your fellow human beings that live there. Those places too are ''abroad''.

When you REALLY start to travel ''ABROAD'', as opposed to the narrow band of countries you've been conditioned to worship, you will discover that there is nothing unique about Nigeria's situation as a developing country. That there is nothing to be ashamed of in being a developing nation. That the overwhelming majority of countries are still on a path to development.

So long as '' abroad'' to you people means ''London'', or ''Paris'', or ''Los Angeles'', or ''Dubai'', you will continue being disgruntled and unhappy, and feeling you are an inferior, 'cursed' people, till you your last day on earth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soaring Price Of Cooking Gas: How Much Is Per kg In Your Area? / SSA To Saraki, Omishore Lied In His Tweet About El-Rufai - Olatunde Bakare / IBB Threatens To Expose Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.