Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos (60781 Views)

Shocking: Lagos Landlord Increased Rent From 450k To 550k, Claims Inflation / My Landlord Increased Rent At This Period / Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Kendumazy(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2019
OK
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Auxtin85(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2019
Maybe she’s been there for too long and the landlord want her to go

1 Like

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2019
J
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by updatechange(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2019
General Buhari caused it. angry
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by daddytime(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by arodavoo(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2019
So her brain is not telling her that the landlady doesn't want her in that house again... She better pack her self and her luggages out

December is here, check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey, Malaysia USA and UK

And also importation of Hair from India, Cambodia and Vietnam
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Hoodbilonia: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2019
Boys with sugar dads don turn client for her hand
I cant imagine how proud she would be boasting with her apartment that my house rent can pay your salary.
Story.
I know her type
Her parents house not modern and best car is 504
If u calculate how much u spent for two months,u don pay her 500k house rent na.
Proud bich

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2019
Pardon my tone; I detest such lifestyle!

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by unbitchable(m): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2019
when you bring in too many sugar daddy to your apartment

4 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by OBAGADAFFI: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2019
kponkedenge:
That's a subtle way of telling her to pack out. But I've always been discussing this with my friend, I can't pay more than 500k rent to any landlord in Lagos.....even if I'm earning millions monthly. Is better to stay in a room and parlour self-contain or two bedroom flat.... While working on building yours, than just cross leg in a rented apartment and paying exorbitant fees for a temporary luxury that can come to end at any time.

Yes
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by shiwex: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2019
partnerbizn4:
Nawao.

That's almost 100% increase. Quite outrageous.
Government should intervene by building more houses to crash these prices.

Never going to happen, who are the ones that make up the government...the elites....and you want them to crash their own business. they own all the houses. The less houses they build, the more money they make. If i were you, i'll look for a small piece of land to buy and build a hut on it.

3 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Bahddo(m): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2019
partnerbizn4:
Nawao.

That's almost 100% increase. Quite outrageous.
Government should intervene by building more houses to crash these prices.
which government? lipsrsealed
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2019
Then park out nah
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Hoodgod(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2019
Ogbetaonline:
A Nigerian woman identified as Nneka with the Twitter handle,‏ @SheLovesArtemis has cried out after she received a notice from her landlord on the increase of her rent from N550,000 to N1 million in Bariga area of Lagos state.

The letter sent to her by Chukwunonso Ikenna Chambers titled, “NOTICE OF UPWARD REVIEW OF YOUR RENT” states that her landlord to the apartment she lives on Bariga Lagos wishes to notify her that her annual rent has been reviewed upwards to N1,000,000 per annum.

“You are required to notify us in writing not later than 7 days from your receipt of this letter of your willingness to continue with the tenancy at the expiration of your current term of the rate at the new reviewed rent.

Note that we shall regard it as a termination of your tenancy if you do not express your affirmation of willingness to continue at the rate of the reviewed rent when your tenancy expires by first quarter of next year” it read in part.

She took to her social media page to share the notice letter she received.

"This came today

How can my Landlord increase my rent from N550,000 to N1,000,000? In BARIGA ďż˝"

See copy of the letter below:

https://twitter.com/SheLovesArtemis/status/1205096772651098113
the landlord want to double his hustle grin
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2019
Ogbetaonline:
A Nigerian woman identified as Nneka with the Twitter handle,‏ @SheLovesArtemis has cried out after she received a notice from her landlord on the increase of her rent from N550,000 to N1 million in Bariga area of Lagos state.

The letter sent to her by Chukwunonso Ikenna Chambers titled, “NOTICE OF UPWARD REVIEW OF YOUR RENT” states that her landlord to the apartment she lives on Bariga Lagos wishes to notify her that her annual rent has been reviewed upwards to N1,000,000 per annum.

“You are required to notify us in writing not later than 7 days from your receipt of this letter of your willingness to continue with the tenancy at the expiration of your current term of the rate at the new reviewed rent.

Note that we shall regard it as a termination of your tenancy if you do not express your affirmation of willingness to continue at the rate of the reviewed rent when your tenancy expires by first quarter of next year” it read in part.

She took to her social media page to share the notice letter she received.

"This came today

How can my Landlord increase my rent from N550,000 to N1,000,000? In BARIGA ďż˝"

See copy of the letter below:

https://twitter.com/SheLovesArtemis/status/1205096772651098113

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2019
shiwex:

Nothing is illegal, you own the property, you do what you like with it. If you are not happy, bail out or go build your own.
Absolutely! this is what i tell all my tenants.

If they don't like my price, they are free to leave!
So how will twitter pay her rent? Or get her another accommodation?
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nawtygrrlsecret(f): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2019
What's anyone's business with any of that?? undecided
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by LANDLORD72: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2019
Nigeria people are enjoying cheap housing rent Nigeria is the only country with the cheapest Apartment in the world. Dubai 2bed room is 11 million and above per year
Usa 2bed 11 million an above depend on the location,
Light bill or water gas not included.
Don't quote me I know the salary standard is not the same.

5 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2019
shiwex:

Never going to happen, who are the ones that make up the government...the elites....and you want them to crash their own business. they own all the houses. The less houses they build, the more money they make. If i were you, i'll look for a small piece of land to buy and build a hut on it.
Correct talk!

The less houses the more money in their pockets.
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by degamemaster(m): 11:39am On Dec 13, 2019
Lcf69:
Dividend of Slaying now gone wrong.

She's no longer a "small girl with big God" ....
Btw, where are all her "uncles" ?

But the landlord mean shaa, how can you increase to such an amount in this buhari's useless gov't?

1 Like

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by IYANGBALI: 11:39am On Dec 13, 2019
ITbomb:
Maybe there has been a massive renovation
na gold and diamond him take do the renovation?
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 13, 2019
She no gree give landlord

1 Like

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by PrinceGallant: 11:40am On Dec 13, 2019
beresponsible:
Stupid Landlady. That's illegal

Read the title again, it is landlody, not landlady
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Papvz: 11:41am On Dec 13, 2019
Please just contact me or any lawyer close to you. I can help with this issues like this. Be guided tenancy laws of lagos state favours the tenant over the landlord. This review can never serve as quit notice except it is contained expressly in your deed of lease. I will advise that you do not respond to the letter. Your landlord will end up begging you to pack out after like 1year overstay. Just consult a lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by BabaIbo: 11:41am On Dec 13, 2019
E be like say these people had a meeting o, na so the guy my landlord pikin gave us a notice increasing the rent by almost 100%
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by mokt(m): 11:41am On Dec 13, 2019
Omo, the babe make sense oo. Don dey search for her profile on Social Media, make I try my luck as chap guy wey I be na.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by BabaIbo: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2019
LANDLORD72:
Nigeria people are enjoying cheap housing rent Nigeria is the only country with the cheapest Apartment in the world. Dubai 2bed room is 11 million and above per year
Usa 2bed 11 million an above depend on the location,
Light bill or water gas not included.
Don't quote me I know the salary standard is not the same.

The last part saved you from bombardment, thank you

4 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Kingjames(m): 11:45am On Dec 13, 2019
Go ahead and pay in kind

Most of those landlord are promiscuous
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by CasNova: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2019
I can feel her pain, Nigerian landlords are not easy.
Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Treash(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2019
There are condition precedents to reviewing rent in Lagos State. Such includes inflation, prevailing market value, structural improvement or previous deeds executed by both parties in their tenancy agreement, if any.

Under the Lagos State Tenancy Law, 2011, specifically Section 37, a tenant can apply to court for a declaration that the increase in rent is unreasonable and the court has the power to determine whether or not the same is reasonable, taking due cognizance of the rent payable in similar apartments in the locality. If the court is satisfied that the increase is unreasonable, it can change it to a specific amount.

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos by Sanchez01: 11:47am On Dec 13, 2019
kponkedenge:
That's a subtle way of telling her to pack out. But I've always been discussing this with my friend, I can't pay more than 500k rent to any landlord in Lagos.....even if I'm earning millions monthly. Is better to stay in a room and parlour self-contain or two bedroom flat.... While working on building yours, than just cross leg in a rented apartment and paying exorbitant fees for a temporary luxury that can come to end at any time.
Acidosis thinks otherwise. He believes you should stay, fake it till you make rather than take whatever little money you have and invest it in your personal property.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Pay My Rent / Future Architectural Designs (check it out what do u think nairalander ) / How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.