Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment (7042 Views)

Wike Denies Facebook Posting Credited To Him On Taraba Tribunal Judgment / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Jonathan Denies Speaking With King Of Morocco, Orders Full Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by BetaThings: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2010
Pharoh:

@Kobo

The reply from Jonathan's campaign team was simply also to refute his childish remarks and advice him to tread softly. Our ratings has not changed and the present budget has already been implemented by 70% as at now. Our foreign reserves is not depleted, current standing is at 33 billion dollars. Yar-Adua has already been borrowing money before goodluck became the president so what is he on about?.

Where has he been all these while, or is it after he became the consensus candidate that he knows about all these. He is a cheap hypocrite in my humble opinion and as for the depleted excess crude account. That account belongs to the governors and president so he should not even go there. Why can't he attack the governors as well?, or is it only goodluck that is spending the money?

During his time, did they not also touch the excess crude account?  Where the banks healthy during their time? What does he know about the 100bn road construction budget?, The money we wasted to sort or power issues?. He can simply go and jump into the nearest lagoon.
Maybe we should stick to facts about the reserves, excess crude account etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/fitch-ratings-punitive-aganga/

BTW you criticise the government in power from your party at the time of primaries
Why would he criticise the governors - is he contesting against them?
Afterall if the excess crude account is growing would you actually be congratulating the governors
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by jmaine: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2010
Faeb:

What a silly post!
I de laugh o! grin grin grin

See Beaf written all over this ID. grin grin

Me sef dey laff o! cheesy
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Rastamann: 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2010
anybody can say anything and deny it later so lons as it is not recorded. Double speak is not new in Nigeria and it happens with all politicians worl over.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2010
ladi02:

I feel Jonathan is reacting as a result of Aganga's comment!

I think it is the one claimed to be from his campaign that probably got him trying to distance himself from the comments to save his name or something. You should read that.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Princek12(m): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2010
Only in Nigeria will politicians squabble over who made a facebook comment. If GEJ made it, then he should stand his ground by not denying he made the comment (assuming the story about the denial is true).
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by marcus1234: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2010
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by 1025: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2010
on this same nairaland, we have seen thousands of comments made by jonathan that many of us choose to call him facebook president. if jonathan have been taking responsibilities before now, it will be worth doing, accepting responsibility once again.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by ebor(m): 12:26am On Nov 28, 2010
if d president denied d facebook post it shul hav bn removed but i just checked and it stil there. I think those peddling this deial story are being mischievous. angry
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 1:12am On Nov 28, 2010
The Presidency says it has noted with concern the continued attribution to the President by the media of statements neither made nor authorised by him.

A statement by the special adviser on media and publicity, Mr Ima Niboro says President Jonathan finds this practice very objectionable, especially as some of the statements so wrongly attributed to him are totally at variance with his views and beliefs on the conduct of political competition.

Niboro says the President is a firm believer in issues-based politics and totally dissociates himself and his office from some of the rather objectionable, hurtful, spiteful and divisive statements against other candidates which have been erroneously attributed to him recently.

He therefore requests the media to call a halt to this practice immediately, and only attribute to him henceforth statements made directly by him or his official spokesperson � his Special Adviser (Media & Publicity), Mr Ima Niboro.

Statements emanating from other government officials or staff of the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation should be clearly attributed to those individuals and not President Jonathan, and responsibility for such statements must be borne personally by those who issue them.

Furthermore, President Jonathan requests that all officials, persons, groups and associations that purport to speak in his support or defence in the on-going campaign for the 2011 presidential elections should be properly guided by the principles of propriety, decorum and fairness.

The media adviser restates that the President sees the on-going contest for the PDP�s presidential nomination as a contest between brothers who will be obliged at the end of the day to set aside their differences, such as they are, to give their full support to whoever emerges as the party�s flag-bearer for next year�s presidential elections.

He therefore considers the personal attacks on other candidates, some of which have been wrongly attributed to him, as unhelpful and counter-productive.

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=24243&cat=Politics

I guess this settles it. If its not from NIBORO, ( NOT FACEBOOK) then its not from him. Is anybody still waiting for GEJ to specifically say "I deny the facebook comment" to be satisfied? There are English words called Nexus, Inference, deduction. They aren't there for fun.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by igochopurs(f): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2010
this poster is a mis chief maker in the ranks of SaharaReporters, Elendu, and many more mushroom news houses on the internet.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Sweetnecta: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2010
Cant the President take off the silly "Cowboy" hat? Whatever culture it is, it is not his indigenous tribe, but a pass on from the colonial masters. For a 53 year man, he was only 3 when Nigeria on paper, at least freed herself away from Britain; via Independence. A 3 year old should not carry and continue to carry such second class mind set, in substance and style.

I dislike to see the Africans wear something african, and stain it with a "knitted cap" or a "Cowboy hat". Whats with the slave mind still with our people?
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by igochopurs(f): 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^^^

What pettiness is this? I guess you dont wear ties, trousers or even drive cars? How old are you? and how is that hat a cowboy hat?

One day you will come up with a criticism as to how shirt the man is. Petty.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
this poster is a mis chief maker in the ranks of SaharaReporters, Elendu, and many more mushroom news houses on the internet.

@igochopur$ - what's the mischief please?
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Ninapha(f): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2010
Boboribo:

@igochopur$ - what's the mischief please?

With the level of intelligence i have so far attributed to you, You mean u cant even notice the mischief in ur disposition on this issue. Forget your ego and let the truth be told. His assertion on NTA, AIt has nothing to do with his comment on his facebook page. Pronto!

Boboribo, I dey laff ooo! grin
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by texazzpete(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2010
This annoys me, i hate having to agree with Beaf on anything grin
But he's right. There's nothing to link Jonathan's statement with anything concerning Facebook. Reading the statement issued by Jonathan, i wonder how anyone with common sense can construe it as a denial of his posts on Facebook, especially as the post still remains on Facebook, unedited!

Even with the clear statement from Jonathan, some people are still trying to read hidden meanings into it. I am currently compiling a list of these people who must tell me how they managed to surmount the 'Comprehension Passages' section of WAEC English grin. Na now we know people wey use expo grin
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Ciromaa: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2010
I told my friend at the iniatial day that all the comments are send by his Aid's not GEJ,now it has come out because our leaders has no time for the masses, they think of how to loot the treasury only.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by realborn(m): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2010
Faeb:

What a silly post!
I de laugh o! grin grin grin

When a mad man is set to launch uncontrollably into the open, the first attribute is to start to laugh. Wish you well friend. I guess you are short of defence for your Oga.

I suggest you do not permit counter suggetions on this forum frustrate you further into disarray. Always remember Nairalanders are harmless. We only speak the truth. It hurts and I know it will hurt you more.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by segunsege: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2010
thank God for mark zuckerbeg,,, the good and bad side of facebook.

this domain name is for sale www.facebookmail.com.ng

contact segunthompson30@yahoo.com
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Ossaifamous(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2010
jonathan we too go school o
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Boboribo: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2010
@igochopur$ when your pastor or imam or juju priest tells u not 2 smoke tell him 2 show u where its forbidden in d books
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by naso2(m): 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2010
realborn:

When a mad man is set to launch uncontrollably into the open, the first attribute is to start to laugh. Wish you well friend. I guess you are short of defence for your Oga.

I suggest you do not permit counter suggetions on this forum frustrate you further into disarray. Always remember Nairalanders are harmless. We only speak the truth. It hurts and I know it will hurt you more.

No where else is the failing educational standard in this country more visible than what we see here on NL. Just show me the exact line where Jonathan denied his facebook comments.

RUBBBBBBISSSSSHHHH.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by onyengbu1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2010
Even though i rarely agree with kobo, i have always tot he is objective.
However, seeing him trying desparately to validate his uncalculated support of poster's false claim has just proved me wrong.

Like someone has said already, the poster is a mischief maker and will make a good buy for all these mushroom tabloids.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Even though i rarely agree with kobo, i have always tot he is objective.
However, seeing him trying desparately to validate his uncalculated support of poster's false claim has just proved me wrong.

Like someone has said already, the poster is a mischief maker and will make a good buy for all these mushroom tabloids.

Where exactly do you have me doing that for crying out loud? I ask the @Poster for a Story source and BOOM . . . the flock of nairaland goons go to work making up stories out of thing air. . .  What the heck is up with you folks?

Pharoh:

Why don't you post the last facebook comment here?,[size=13pt] He was simply saying people should not mistake his last facebook comments as throwing muds at his opponents.[/size]

Did you realize that  no specific name was mentioned in that comment?
Was he the one that came to AIT to deny the comment or is it the typical nigerian dem say dem say you are throwing here?
So Goodluck now has only one political opponent and where does that leave IBB, Gusua, Buhari and ribadu?

I didn't post that . . . . someone else confirmed the Facebook reference
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by Yorubah(m): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2010
Same old faces, bullshyt
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by bignaija(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2010
i didnt do it it was the hackers
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by 1025: 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2010
this is what u get from having bad advisers arround you. instead of going to the pages of facebook to advertise yourself, you can be advertised by the good roads you built, the educational system you changed, the medical sector you improve, the security you assured your ppl, the steady power supply you provided etc.
since you have been advised to be announcing every step on facebook, you shld be advised also to accept responsibilities and that is it.
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by jamesugo: 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2010
Let him shot his facebook page
Re: Jonathan Denies Facebook Comment by 9ijaMan: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
1025:

this is what u get from having bad advisers arround you. instead of going to the pages of facebook to advertise yourself, you can be advertised by the good roads you built, the educational system you changed, the medical sector you improve, the security you assured your ppl, the steady power supply you provided etc.
since you have been advised to be announcing every step on facebook, you shld be advised also to accept responsibilities and that is it.

It takes good leadership qualities to have good advisers around. An incompetent leader will always have bad advisers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Gets UN Appointment To Tackle Childhood Malnutrition / Traditional Rulers Order Of Importance And Heirarchy / Chelsea Has Appointed Rowan Atkinson As New Manager, Mourino Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.