Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers (77911 Views)

18 Passengers Roasted Alive In Enugu Accident (Graphic Photos) / GUO Reacts To Peace Mass Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by davillian(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2019
Me way like speed
I destroyed my allow rim and tires on Nigerian road...
Rubbish road rubbish government
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by ola9ja(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2019
Let's be factual here, Peace mass drivers are reckless drivers, always overspeeding whenever you come across them. The don't have competent drivers.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Sunisonflex39(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2019
kaludestiny10:
The owner of the company is economical with the truth. All the occupants of that bus, PMT 1259 perished in that crash. The driver of bus is known as SAY BABA. The drivers of pmt are well experienced because before a driver can ply the highways, he most have plied the local routes for some years before the company will permit him to ply the highways. Just that some of the accidents are misterous to some of us who has worked with the company before. This world is full of mystery and most rich men belong to some organization in order to sustain their wealth.
pardon.
how did you know about the numbers of casualties and the bus serial number

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
Grupo:

True.

Accidents happen everyday involving vehicles. I don't understand why people like to amplify any accident that involves peace mass.

For four years, I used peace mass to and from Enugu state as a university student. No issues.

All my travels around the country are through peace. I just don't understand.

These days, they have even installed speed limiters on their vehicles. Drivers can no longer go above 100km/h.

Last time at their park, I noticed all the buses had Michelin tires. The management is really trying to curb these accidents.

I also used them all through my stay in the East without any issue and I travelled every day or every other day. Not even a near accident.

Those who vow never to use PMT have never stayed in the East. Except you're ready to stay at the park all day waiting for your bus to get filled, there's really no other choice apart from PMT

3 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by frank4578(m): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
Peace mass is a death trap , my friend was among those people that die in that accident, and it more than four people if you are in doubt come to ore general hospital
chrisifeanyi:
Each time I see passengers inside peace mass, I use to see them as those that are tired of their lives. I rather trek to Abuja than enter peace mass
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by dober(m): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
It is high time the management of PMT, put a check on this.
I have used their transport and what I can say is that most of their drivers are reckless.
They should invest in training their drivers instead of buying more buses.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by BlackLaw: 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
Not to spoil anybody's business but it has to be said. PMT needs to inspect their vehicles (and drivers) before each journey.
One time, a PMT bus took us from Enugu to Ph with a bad tire (not flat, bent!) that was wobbly. Didn't notice until we got to Ph and someone in another car pointed it out. I came down to check out the stuff and it was terrible. + from the driver's reaction, he knew all along.
Another time, a rickety PMT bus I boarded sort of caught fire somewhere close to Enugu town, there was just one rather inefficient extinguisher. We abandoned our goods in the booth and ran for our dear lives!
Life is too precious to be wasted through such recklessness.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by NathanAnomaly: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2019
kaludestiny10:
The owner of the company is economical with the truth. All the occupants of that bus, PMT 1259 perished in that crash. The driver of bus is known as SAY BABA. The drivers of pmt are well experienced because before a driver can ply the highways, he most have plied the local routes for some years before the company will permit him to ply the highways. Just that some of the accidents are misterous to some of us who has worked with the company before. This world is full of mystery and most rich men belong to some organization in order to sustain their wealth.

Bro I go like to hear more from you

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by trutht828: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2019
Homeboiy:
This is a sponsored attack on pmt

Why was GUO not mentioned

How many people died from GUO bus?

Nobody is talking about our roads
Travel from onitsha to Enugu and u will know life is hard on that road.

Pmt speed limit is 100km/hr

That's probably because GUO isn't as popular as PMT. Also, PMT has quite a well-publicized history of disturbing accidents behind it.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Sermwell(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Always reacting instead of improving ..Peace transport has killed over 10 thousand Nigerians since inception yet the govt still allows them to keep recruiting quacks as drivers
why are you this senseless?? just look at how you are throwing figures around! Aboki.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Equation89(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
Peace mass is known for high speed.
Best transportation company to use is GIGM ( God is Good Motor). Speed limit is 100/110.

But most causes of road Accident is bad road and high speed.

But with careful driving and not too high speed limit , the driver can be able to control the vehicle.

RIp to the dead.

God will continue to lead us throughout this festive period. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by demoBaba: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
spyder880:
I always board peace mass transit buses to many destinations and I cannot fault their operations in any way.

Don't mind them brother, more than 1000 accident happen in Nigeria everyday, may God protect our movement everyday.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Ambassadors: 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
Peace Mass Transit = Peaceful transition of masses to the other side grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by loswhite(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
Angelfrost:
This is another reason for that Social media bill to scale through... I can't understand why people will just pick up their phones and limited data, and decide to ruin other people's lives and businesses.

zombie spotted... Was it a false information? At least 4 dead also means it could be 18. Have you verified the claims the PMT posted before you start running your mouth as tap? The social media is what brought out the information in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Equation89(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
rationalmind:

Last time at their park, I noticed all the buses had Michelin tires. The management is really trying to curb these accidents.

I also used them all through my stay in the East without any issue and I travelled every day or every other day. Not even a near accident.

Those who vow never to use PMT have never stayed in the East. Except you're ready to stay at the park all day waiting for your bus to get filled, there's really no other choice apart from PMT

That's only your choice. There are more than 100 choices better than PMT.

I stay in the East and i ply the road every three weeks. PMT is a no no to me. That's my choice.

So don't generalise it.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Ranchhoddas: 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Always reacting instead of improving ..Peace transport has killed over 10 thousand Nigerians since inception yet the govt still allows them to keep recruiting quacks as drivers
Dude you are smarter than this. Accidents happen quite frequently in Nigeria but the transporters are never named. It's only because peace mass has grown so much that's why their accidents become headlines. Do you know the number of peace buses that run everyday? Hundreds, probably thousands. How frequently do they get accidents? Not very frequently if you compare it the thousands of kilometers they cover compared to others.

Air crashes get more coverage than road accidents even when we know that more far more people die on the road than on the air.

It's the same reason Dangote trucks get more coverage than other trucks when they are involved in accidents.

Peace mass accidents are being measured against the rest of the transporters combined so you think their accidents rates are higher.

We know planes are safer than other means of transport because of the measure of flier miles per fatality. Peace mass probably has more kilometers per fatality than any other transporter because of the number of their buses. It is just bad belle that make people to say nonsense. There is no transporter that you can say is empirically safer than peace. None.

I spent time typing this because I know you are smarter than most people here.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2019
PMT again
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2019
Equation89:

That's only your choice. There are more than 100 choices better than PMT.

I stay in the East and i ply the road every three weeks. PMT is a no no to me. That's my choice.

So don't generalise it.

Can you give just one example of this other choice that plies Nnewi to port Harcourt or Afikpo to Enugu that has enough passengers. I mean, one where I don't have to wait hours at the park for the bus to get filled.

I once made terrible mistake on a trip from Abakaliki to Onitsha when I went to another park. I eventually lost the tfare I paid to them when the bus would not get filled after hours at the park and went to PMT.

In three weeks that you get to travel once, I would have travelled over 15 times so you are talking with someone who knows what he's saying
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Grupo(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2019
rationalmind:

I think the people that amplify accidents involving peace have an agenda.

Otherwise, how do you explain the fact this particular accident was between a peace bus and a GUO bus but only peace is being dragged..
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Henri8: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Clap for yourself. Mr. National Population Census Coordinator.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by LZAA: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

Cc
Rumour mongers
Liars
Mischief makers.

Coincidentally, all the aforementioned are against regulation of social media so they can continue misleading the general public with their most treasured stocks in trade.

RIP to the dead.

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Angelfrost(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
loswhite:
zombie spotted... Was it a false information? At least 4 dead also means it could be 18. Have you verified the claims the PMT posted before you start running your mouth as tap? The social media is what brought out the information in the first place.

Ahhh... So, you posted the initial false info...

Accidents happen a lot on our high ways, with casualties... You don't just rush out to claim 18 people died (almost all passengers), without proper investigation and prime evidence. Do you know how sensitive such news is, or how insensitive the act of doing such is??! That is a real CRIME in other countries.

Let me ignore your first line... It's really not your fault you can't be decorous in responding to contrary comments. It's probably your upbringing.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Henri8: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
Wickedfacts:
It's a normal thing for PMT to kill Igbos every December
Fool
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Jowanonline(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Angelfrost(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Over 10,000??!... At what killing rate? How many passengers per week??!... And, they still have customers...

I know PMT has been involved in quite a number of road mishaps and carnage in the last few years, but come on now. Haba!!! Small small na.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2019
Grupo:

I think the people that amplify accidents involving peace have an agenda.

Otherwise, how do you explain the fact this particular accident was between a peace bus and a GUO bus but only peace is being dragged..

Very good point as well. And like someone mentioned, they probably have the most buses across the nation. It's expected that they'll have more accidents

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by BluntBoy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2019
Just when it seemed like Peace Mass Transit had begun to enjoy some peace away from negative news, village people suddenly remembered them again.

I say now to everyone reading my words that none of you or your family members and loved ones would be victims of motor accidents in Jesus's name, amen.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by bluefilm: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
Nsuka dejenu o!

Nothing on earth can make me to stop traveling with Peace Mass Transit.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Enes22(m): 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
Thunder fire the idiot behind PEACE mass transit handle.... Peace mass transit has been known for ages past as a peaceful means of transition of passengers from the world to yonder due to their unprofessional n reckless drivers��
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Managerwyz: 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2019
Gutt
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Baroba(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
No speed limits ( There was a thread a few weeks ago where idiots were boasting of speeding 140km/HR on Nigeria's deadly roads) it even made front page..

No regulated well established driving schools..

Zero road laws, bad roads, drunk/ impatient drivers, rickety vehicles..

Feel free to add more, if we don't fix the above, be prepared for more accidents and more deaths, no amount of prayer will save us..

Most people just move cars in Nigeria, they don't actually know how to handle or drive a vehicle..The ones that travel out realise it once the get to a civilized country and have to pass a test..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / The State Of Kano Airport As Dangote's Daughter Gets Married In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.