Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers (77907 Views)

18 Passengers Roasted Alive In Enugu Accident (Graphic Photos) / GUO Reacts To Peace Mass Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by adeniyi65(m): 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2019
Maglen:
I think the following questions needs to be answered before condemning peace mass:

How many vehicles do they have on the road at any given time and how wide is their transportation coverage compared to other transport companies? A higher number of vehicles and coverage should increase their frequency of accidents.

Do other transport companies experience an accident rate proportional to the size of their transport fleet?

It's only when these questions are answered that we can decide if something is wrong with Peace mass or not.

This is the most logical comment I have come across so far on this.we can't condemn them now if some questions like what you raised are not treat.everyone know the state of our road which which can easily aid accident if care is not exercised.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by FloraEC(f): 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2019
LabDNA:

I am an Igbo man and peace mass is a moving coffin with hemp smokers as drivers. Peace mass I boarded at owerri in 2008 the idiotic driver got to Ajabandele near ore and told us he wasn't going anymore, because we challenged him to stop smoking cigarretes inside the car.

The buffoon, just parked the car entered a restaurant and disappeared from the backyard. We waited for hours, the guy refused to show up, getting everybody stranded.
Mine was in 2009, from Enugu to Onitsha. The bus spoilt on the road, the driver told us he's waiting for their company mechanic, even when we begged him to use any mechanic around he still refused. We waited for hours before I finally boarded another bus aka ndị mgbachapu. I cried that day and swore never to use PMT and also YSG(had a terrible experience with them from Lag-Jos).
If is not GUO, GIGM or ABC, I'll jejely go home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by WrathOfHadez(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
Paid post plus arranged posters

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Izuchukwu01: 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2019
BlackBuhari:
cry cry

Nigerians react.

hmm
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Izuchukwu01: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Izuchukwu01: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
I swear
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Myself2(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2019
Whoever wrote this social media press release for peace mass transit has just scored an A+ with me for his impeccable English.

That said, operators of commercial buses plying inter state routes especially should put in place extra safety measures to ensure the drastic reduction (if not total elimination) of this type of fatal accidents on our highways

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by alezzy13: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
Maglen:
I think the following questions needs to be answered before condemning peace mass:

How many vehicles do they have on the road at any given time and how wide is their transportation coverage compared to other transport companies? A higher number of vehicles and coverage should increase their frequency of accidents.

Do other transport companies experience an accident rate proportional to the size of their transport fleet?

It's only when these questions are answered that we can decide if something is wrong with Peace mass or not.

The sensible post here.

Like I said in the previous post, I'm not holding brief for the man, but the fact is Na peace get transportation as far as SE is concerned. Heck, at thier old park in Enugu well over 7 loaded buses move to Lagos and Abuja each day. No other transporter comes close.

I used them for many years with no issues. I stopped just because I prefer the more spacious sienna vehicles, hence it's autostar or ATM I use now.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by musa7m(m): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
ValCon888:
18 people confirmed dead and they are saying 4. And the Christmas season is yet to enter full swing.
The best buses to travel with are the long Marcopolo buses. Preferably from ABC. They may be slow but your life is more important than speed.
ABC no dey go every state .....

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by alezzy13: 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
Myself2:
Whoever wrote this social media press release for peace mass transit has just scored and A+ with me for his impeccable English.

That said, operators of commercial buses plying inter state routes especially should put in place extra safety measures to ensure the drastic reduction (if not total elimination) of this type of fatal accidents on our highways

As in!!! I think say Na only me notice am. The construction, diction and flow was at the level expected of highly experienced media managers of some top politician.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
PMT is baaaadddd. I entered their bus once, we escaped accident thrice. See driving. Fear wan finish me. Complai, the driver will bark back. 2017. Thank God for life
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by musa7m(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
Homeboiy:
This is a sponsored attack on pmt
Why was GUO not mentioned
How many people died from GUO bus?
Nobody is talking about our roads Travel from onitsha to Enugu and u will know life is hard on that road.
Pmt speed limit is 100km/hr
you be driver for peace mass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by alezzy13: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2019
FloraEC:

Mine was in 2009, from Enugu to Onitsha. The bus spoilt on the road, the driver told us he's waiting for their company mechanic, even when we begged him to use any mechanic around he still refused. We waited for hours before I finally boarded another bus aka ndị mgbachapu. I cried that day and swore never to use PMT and also YSG(had a terrible experience with them from Lag-Jos).
If is not GUO, GIGM or ABC, I'll jejely go home.

This is odd. If the bus cannot be repaired, usually they would send for another one. And yes, it has happened to me.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Malawian(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2019
I'd rather pay more money and get into a luxury bus. It is safer in the event of an accident, not with all those weeded and elevated truck drivers plying our roads. I remember one time i was returning to school, this truck driver with overloaded truck now dragged a small space with the Hiace bus i was in, while the two stupid drivers were dragging space, next thing, the truck got into a porthole and almost fell ontop of our bus.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Respect55(m): 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
New busses loading
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by lereinter(m): 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
They only have sketchy information

And came to twitter to apologize and make excuses at the same time
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Each time I see passengers inside peace mass, I use to see them as those that are tired of their lives. I rather trek to Abuja than enter peace mass
Na waoooo for peace Mass Transit
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by emkz: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
ValCon888:
18 people confirmed dead and they are saying 4. And the Christmas season is yet to enter full swing.
The best buses to travel with are the long Marcopolo buses. Preferably from ABC. They may be slow but your life is more important than speed.

The magic number 4 again. Did a woman write that statement? Whether 4 lives or 18 lives, one life matters.

I think its time the National Assembly enacts laws to force these reckless transport companies to begin to pay heavy compensations to families of the deceased. It should be ten million per head. By the time they pay five times for five accidents, they'd go bankrupt and fold up.

Was it not this year one of their vehicles had an accident and fell into a pit, and they were removing their branding from it? I also recall on a trip to Abuja I saw one of their buses without windscreen on the road. And that useless FRSC did not prevent the bus from plying. And there were human beings in that bus with a fat driver wearing singlet.

Who regulates road transportation in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Dec 13, 2019
demoBaba:

Don't mind them brother, more than 1000 accident happen in Nigeria everyday, may God protect our movement everyday.

Peace mass transit is actually one of the most organized transportation companies in Nigeria. Arguably, they have the highest number of vehicles on the road nationwide. Their support to us customers in times of vehicle breakdown is unforgettable. They always ensure we are rescued by other oncoming vehicles of peace mass which must stop and be picking us till the last person. They load very fast and don't stop till you get to your destination. No delays.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by dingbang(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
Homeboiy:

Nobody is talking about our roads
Travel from onitsha to Enugu and u will know life is hard on that road.

pmt speed limit is not 100km/hr please.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Equation89(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2019
rationalmind:

Can you give just one example of this other choice that plies Nnewi to port Harcourt or Afikpo to Enugu that has enough passengers. I mean, one where I don't have to wait hours at the park for the bus to get filled.

I once made terrible mistake on a trip from Abakaliki to Onitsha when I went to another park. I eventually lost the tfare I paid to them when the bus would not get filled after hours at the park and went to PMT.

In three weeks that you get to travel once, I would have travelled over 15 times so you are talking with someone who knows what he's saying

My dear, we are talking about from Eastern region to Lagos and not Abakaliki to onitsha or nnewi to port Harcourt.

From onitsha to Lagos, enugu to Lagos, aba to Lagos, Abakaliki to Lagos, owerri to Lagos, etc
We have God is Good motors, Agofure, Libra, etc.
Peace mass is a no no to me when it comes to traveling from any Eastern region to Lagos.
They drive recklessly. That's why they record more accident than other transportation companies.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Cmanforall: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
Homeboiy:

Nobody is talking about our roads
Travel from onitsha to Enugu and u will know life is hard on that road.

For accident to occur, one must be at fault. I did not analyzed the scene, but if an expert did, or eye witness gave account and PMT were at fault, then they deserve to be blamed.

And for those using public transportation, please if the driver is overspeeding or driving recklessly, caution him gently and do not exchange words.
If no correction on his driving, report him to next Check-Point. Let Nigerians also protect themselves, not only from bandits, but reckless drivers.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Ademoore07(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
spyder880:
I always board peace mass transit buses to many destinations and I cannot fault their operations in any way.
Not only u, bro. I cant do without taking their buses most especially from Calabar to Onitsha. Clean and fault-free buses.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Uwavee(m): 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2019
peace mass and accident are 5&6. those who want to commit suicide shouldn't. they should enter peace mass vehicle.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by higgs: 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
The company has very poor safety record
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by logon599: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Mehn I don't usually follow crowd to criticize but the last time I entered PMT was the day I was traveling to Abuja and my bus spoilt at lokoja and it was getting dark. A half empty PMT bus came along and we paid 1k each to complete the trip to Abuja. Brothers, I kid you not, the PMT bus did LKJ to ABJ in 45 mins. Thats the first and last time someone did that record on that road that I know. At some point during the journey I'm pretty sure I said my last prayers.
Those were then though, now, I know I can NEVER die on the road, cos I'm the ransomed of the Lord and I ALWAYS return. for He has given his angels charge over me to guard me
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by jiggyman(m): 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2019
SUPERPACK:
No be only 100km/hr. Their speed limit is 30km/hr. Next time lie small.

lol na three days de go take reach east
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Lugianostar(m): 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2019
Even if i wake up from a dream and find myself boarded inside a peace mass transit, i will rush out immediately because the reason is not far fetch; they are on rampage to kill more passengers.

No speed limit device!!!

ABC are my best transport company
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Kaybaba5(m): 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2019
ValCon888:
No bus is safe bro except for the protection of Almighty....

I pray to abide on each and everyone of us Amen
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by etoete77: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
[code][/code]
Amstupid:
Wetin I no go see for calabar embarassed

Na Calabar you dey?
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Dbeautifulme(f): 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
emmydiamon:
Come you this guy, you still de this forum? I think say by now you go don de, kampala de sale beans?

grin grin
Wen your enemy no dey wish you well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.