Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers (77887 Views)

18 Passengers Roasted Alive In Enugu Accident (Graphic Photos) / GUO Reacts To Peace Mass Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2019
Your line of thought made me think you're are management consultant! Are u?
Maglen:
I think the following questions needs to be answered before condemning peace mass:

How many vehicles do they have on the road at any given time and how wide is their transportation coverage compared to other transport companies? A higher number of vehicles and coverage should increase their frequency of accidents.

Do other transport companies experience an accident rate proportional to the size of their transport fleet?

It's only when these questions are answered that we can decide if something is wrong with Peace mass or not.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by determination26(m): 12:18am On Dec 14, 2019
Peace mass transit. Na wa oh. That year,one of my homeboys was serving in Aba. On his birthday he decided to pay us a surprise visit at uniben. Omo men, we no know say our guy dey road dey come Benghazi, we dey try call to wish happy birthday number no dey connect. Around 5pm we got a call that our friend was at UBTH. When we got there, he narrated how he fell asleep in the bus, the next time his eyes opened he sees the bus summersaulting but thinks it's a dream and closes his eyes, the next time he openes his eyes he sees himself beside the road, he tries to look around, lots of dead bodies around him, some people looting, some trying to help. People notice he's not dead and move him to the side of the road beside another survivor, a girl. She's begging people to help her, he's begging too. Last last they take them to a hospital in irrua or something like that. My guy said they were neglected. He passed out and by the time he wakes up, the girl is dead. He was the only survivor, he was bed ridden for one hundred and five days before he was ever allowed to walk again. The neuro surgeon said if the fracture in his spinal cord has been a step higher, he would have been paralyzed from the waist down. Be careful folks
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Captaincee(m): 12:49am On Dec 14, 2019
R I P, May God give their families the strength and fortitude to bear with this great loss.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by litaninja(m): 1:44am On Dec 14, 2019
How come people still patronize that transport line
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Thingsvirtous19(f): 6:34am On Dec 14, 2019
Well, I have always had this perception about Pmt. But it all changed some few weeks back. It was the only bus remaining and I needed to be in lagos that day. I boarded and to say the ride was smooth is an understatement. The driver didnt for once overtake cars in front of him and he was polite also. I really like that.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by FloraEC(f): 7:28am On Dec 14, 2019
alezzy13:

This is odd. If the bus cannot be repaired, usually they would send for another one. And yes, it has happened to me.
If they later got another bus, I really don't know.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2019
JEHOVAH PROTECT US FOR WE ARR YOUR CHILDREN.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

Cc
Rumour mongers
Liars
Mischief makers.

Coincidentally, all the aforementioned are against regulation of social media so they can continue misleading the general public with their most treasured stocks in trade.

RIP to the dead.

Paid poster.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Rumour has is that.... That mass transit gets to make some bloody sacrifices every year end or the company burns down to ashes. Meanwhile those who are ready to join their ancestors this time can go get a ticket for their never-coming-back journey... Not forgetting those contemplating suicide as this is the time for them to go grab their own copy. You don't have to die a painful death via sniper like the others. Do you
[img]https:///view/dog-huh-listen-excuse-me-confused-gif-4331588.gif[/img]

Pukes angry

Stop listening to stupid n idiotic rumours
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
ValCon888:
18 people confirmed dead and they are saying 4. And the Christmas season is yet to enter full swing.
The best buses to travel with are the long Marcopolo buses. Preferably from ABC. They may be slow but your life is more important than speed.

4 people died
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
NaijaDonCast:
December sacrifice

Seems u are a herbalist
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
SUPERPACK:
No be only 100km/hr. Their speed limit is 30km/hr. Next time lie small.

Stop talking to a mass transit u dont use.

PMT has a speed limiter
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by petitejolie(f): 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
ABC transport I’ve never heard of dem involved in accidents. Is it not same road Dey ply
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by tee4naija(m): 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
PMT drivers are not alone in this. Ut cuts across all the transport companies. The way they violate traffic rules, you will think they have extra life somewhere. Like someone pointed out up there, the number of road traffic crashes caused by Dangote truck drivers is more than 70% of the total. The worst part of it is that police don't arrest them no matter what happens.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by SUPERPACK: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop talking to a mass transit u dont use.
PMT has a speed limiter
go and sit down my friend.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by dochenaj: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2019
Maglen:
I think the following questions needs to be answered before condemning peace mass:

How many vehicles do they have on the road at any given time and how wide is their transportation coverage compared to other transport companies? A higher number of vehicles and coverage should increase their frequency of accidents.

Do other transport companies experience an accident rate proportional to the size of their transport fleet?

It's only when these questions are answered that we can decide if something is wrong with Peace mass or not.
That makes sense. If 5 PMT buses out of 200 get into an accident, it could translate to 1 GUO bus out 40.

But we won't see that unless we take a cursory look.

I doubt the experience of the drivers is the issue here, we all agree the roads are largely to blame here but then I think the Nigerian culture of unseriousness has a hand too.

Questions like "how pristine is the condition of these buses which because of the road require much more regular maintenance and servicing?", needs to be looked at too.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Godsonkemz(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2019
Boarding peace mass transit is like betting with your life. I lost a friend turned brother alongside his beautiful daughter through peace and after that i vowed never to enter peace.

Though accident could happen irrespective of transport company name but peace mass has greater tendencies and also an unprecedented record of resting their passengers in peace (RIP)
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by Maya4eva: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2019
I acknowledge that our safe journeying
is a function of God's grace and mercy but I've also had an encounter with Peace Mass that made me swear off using their services. I travelled to Ibadan and on my way back, I found that only Peace Mass had buses going East. Before then, I wasn't crazy about them but my experience with them strengthened my resolve. First, the guys at the park were UNBELIEVABLY rude, like, they were offering their services to me for free...mtcheeeew. I paid, prayed and got on the bus. You needed to see the way the driver was driving like a maniac. At some point, I was nodding off when I was suddenly jerked awake. It happened that the driver had swerved to avoid running into a stationery tanker. On another occasion in the course of the journey, oga driver was trying to overtake a trailer carrying rods while another trailer was coming in front at full speed. This trailer kept flashing his lights in warning and this wonderful Peace Mass driver squeezed between the trailer carrying rods and another in front of it. When I got to my stop and got off, I thanked God for His mercy and said GOOD BYE to Peace Mass...forever. There is speeding and there's reckless driving. But speeding and reckless driving is just an uncalled for invitation for Nigerian roads to perfect an already ticking recipe for disaster.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers by BidenDTrounced: 4:14am On May 08, 2023
Again, Airpeace aircraft involved in “faulty landing”
By Oladeinde Olawoyin
July 23, 2019
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/342493-just-in-again-airpeace-aircraft-involved-in-faulty-landing.html

Owerri-bound Air Peace flight suffers engine failure 11 minutes after takeoff
AUTHOR:
Oluseyi Awojulugbe
NOVEMBER 6, 2019 8:57 AM
https://www.thecable.ng/owerri-bound-air-peace-flight-suffers-engine-failure-11-minutes-after-takeoff/amp

United Airline Boeing 737 MAX Bursts Tires Landing In Fort Myers
PUBLISHED OCT 19, 2022
https://simpleflying.com/united-airlines-boeing-737-max-bursts-tired-landing-fort-myers/

Why Lagos-Owerri flight made emergency return – Air Peace
27th October 2022
"A Lagos-Owerri bound Air Peace flight with no P47154 on Wednesday made an air return over engine failure."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-lagos-owerri-flight-made-emergency-return-air-peace/%3famp

Canadian airliner Boeing 737 tire burst during takeoff
A Sunwing airline flight from Santa Clara, Cuba, to Montreal had to make an emergency landing last Wednesday after a tire burst during takeoff.

The plane landed safely at Varadero airport, also in Cuba, and all 190 passengers and crew members escaped without a scratch, after the intervention of emergency ground teams.

The story received little publicity in Canada, but the pilot of the plane, Vicky Earks, received a hero's welcome in Cuba, where the local media reported the story extensively.

Earks was photographed in some Cuban media outlets with a canvas given to her in recognition of her composure.

According to the Aviation Safety Network, the aircraft, a Boeing 737-800, had previously experienced a window cracking problem in September 2022 and an autopilot problem in November 2019, but both problems had been resolved.
May 1, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.