Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) (74925 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Russia With Governors Of Ekiti, Gombe, Zamfara (Photos) / President Buhari With Governors Of Lagos, Borno And Kwara States In Japan / President Buhari Leaves For Japan With Governors Of Kwara, Borno & Lagos States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by grandstar(m): 1:02am On Dec 14, 2019
These ex-governors of Lagos are already billionaires in Naira. They don't need the largesse.

The influence they carry as ex-governors brings with it lots of money. They need not show their greed by these insane sums they award themselves as pensions.

3 Likes

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by JonOlive: 1:32am On Dec 14, 2019
Family, pls I desperately need a job. I possesses a diploma in Theology and another in TV Journalism. I play the piano and sing handsomely. And I am very good at camera operations. I am a prolific writer and fluent reader. I can be a very good radio/tv presenter or newspaper feature writer. Couldnt continue with my degree (at NTA TV College) for lack of funds. Im tired of menial jobs. I reside in Jos. Pls is there someone who will show me some love and offer me a job. Brokage don pepper me wella.
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:31am On Dec 14, 2019
Place everyone on minimum wage and let's see if things will not fall into shape!!!
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by afesco: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
I am not surprised because Nigeria was structured to fail.

1 Like

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by damiloladuke: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
chaaaaiiii
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by composure: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Bola Tinibu have pocketed Lagos.
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by GreaterFuture(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
This is peanuts, owo Garri ati ẹpa.
You people are ignorant of what Is going on in Lagos State. (And nigeria as a whole really)
Do you know that even the Opposition benefits from the Corruption, The PDP guy Agbaje has a Remittance/Purse/Tap in the current lagos State Government Administration, Just to Settle him
Price -₦4 billion Monthly

Hazmat, a strong contender and true "ọmọ eko", was given Deputy Governor position. All this was ochestrated by the Lagos Powers (Tinubu and Co.) to keep their Grip and control strong.
PS: I (and My late biological mother) are lagosians by Blood.

1 Like

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Okay
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Reference(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
teadrake:
Benefits that a public servant that serve the government diligently for 32 years cannot boast of is what ex governors are enjoying. This is pure wickedness!!

Who serves the government diligently mbok. Abeg make we hear word. Diligently indeed...and this country is like this...
Please don't misuse semantics. There is not a single diligent person that will accept to work for government at any level, in any position.
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by ehix89(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
The citizens are the government cash cow
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by obonujoker(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
Thieving country
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Stake2odds: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sirjamo:
Before I would earn this much as an ex - Governor, everyone in the state must be a millionaire, there would be no single poor person living in the state.
Easier said than done
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by BRATISLAVA: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
teadrake:
Benefits that a public servant that serve the government diligently for 32 years cannot boast of is what ex governors are enjoying. This is pure wickedness!!
Was the public servant a governor?
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by bareal(m): 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
uruba23:
I don't know why people are complaining, just offer yourself up to be a governor and see how convenient it is to be one..... You are just looking at the benefits; what about the sacrifice made for the state..

So civil servants don't make sacrifices abi? My father fought in the civil war, made a lot more sacrifice than any governor you can think of yet, he's not enjoying such luxury. This is not fair nah.

5 Likes

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by BigBashiru: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
teadrake:

Luggard didn't name Nigeria England or Austria.... he saw how the ppl behaved and reasoned, understood niggerr was derogatory and then chose Niggeria as the name; but this will be too obvious so 1 g was removed to the current Nigeria....
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Notatribalist(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
uruba23:
I don't know why people are complaining, just offer yourself up to be a governor and see how convenient it is to be one..... You are just looking at the benefits; what about the sacrifice made for the state..
Mumu,were they not paid as a governor?

5 Likes

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by 4tomandchi: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
Feeding fat on task payers money God will punish them.
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by sammirano: 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
The Nigeria wealth is shared among privileged few.
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Diamondplus1805(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Absolute Benefits
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Os3e(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
Stjims:
Huge Pension Of Ex-governors Of Lagos State. Number 12 Will Shock You

Below are the mouth watering benefits, anyone who served as governor of Lagos State will enjoy after office.

It was gathered that, the pension scheme for Lagos governors, was designed by the former Attorney General of Lagos State, under Tinubu, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, who is now the vice president of the country.

Lagos is ranked as one of the most dangerous cities to live in the world, due to the prevalent security threats, ranging from police brutality, harassment from street urchins, government officials, task forces and armed robbers.

Lagos also named as one of the most stressful state to live and conduct business activities due to traffic jam. The state also have one of the world's worst inner city developments.

If you go into the interior parts of Lagos, the level of the under development will be exposed to you. From bad roads, infrastructural decay, poor education, no access to potable water, but the people running the state keeps branding it as a mega city.

Here are what ex-governors in the State, Senator Bola Tinubu, Babatunde Raji Fashola and Akinwunmi Ambode enjoys, in the midst of plenty poverty of the people.

1. 1 residential house each for the ex-governor and ex-deputy governor.

2. 1 residential house in Federal Capital Teritory for the ex-governor who spent two consecutive terms .

3. 6 new cars every three years.

4. 100% of the basic salary of the serving governor N7.7m per annum.

5. Free healthcare for him and members of his family.

6. Furniture allowance of 300% of their annual basic salary N23.3m.

7. House maintenance allowance 10% of basic salary N778,296.

8. Utility allowance 20% of the salary N1.5m.

9. Car maintenance allowance 30% of the annual basic salary N2.3m.

10. Entertainment allowance , 10% of basic salary N778,296.

11. Personal Assistant to earn 25% of the governor’s annual basic salary N1.9m.

12. 8 policemen, 2 DSS attached to the governor for the rest of his life.

However, Lagos State House of Assembly said on Sunday it would not repeal the state’s pension law which authorised former governors and other public office holders to receive juicy pensions from state coffers.

The Chairman of the House Committee on Information and Strategy, said the lawmakers would not go the way of their Zamfara counterparts which recently repealed pension law for its former governors and other public officials in the state.

The Federal High Court, Lagos, had last week ordered the Federal Government to recover pensions collected by former governors now serving as ministers and members of the National Assembly.

The court also directed the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, to challenge the legality of states’ pension laws permitting former governors and other ex-public officials to receive such pensions.

Braimoh, however, faulted the court ruling that ordered Malami to take immediate legal action toward the repealing of state laws that permit “former governors to enjoy governors’ emoluments while drawing normal salaries and allowances in their new political offices.”

He said as long as the law did not contravene the constitution, state assemblies had the right to make laws for the benefit of the society in which they operate.

According to him, separation of powers as enshrined in the constitution empowers the legislature to make laws, the executive to implement and the judiciary to interpret the laws.

He said: “The Supreme Court had made it clear several times that no arm of government can repeal the constitutional provisions of another arm of government.

“Therefore, legislators make laws that are in tune with the yearnings and dynamics of their society.

“Until another legislature comes to alter, review or amend the law, the law is meant to be obeyed.

“The judiciary cannot pronounce that law by the state is unconstitutional unless such state law is contradictory to the constitution.”

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-pensions-of-nigerian-ex-governors-1

The 1 me I want 2 kno is; how much is the sum total of this...
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
Not bad. If the economy is good, it will be nothing to us
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by lexy2014: 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
uruba23:

It is not about justifying it,those benefits are there so they can focus on given 20million Lagosians there very best.Remember we are in an insane system that could make them over enrich themselves at our detriment at least let those benefits serve as guilty Apple when they have to account to God,so they won't say they where tempted.

So how has d huge pension enabled them to concentrate & how has enabled them to give their very best? Kindly show us d "very best" they have given so far that justifies d huge pension

2 Likes

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by mrkings84(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
All these aside all they looted while in office and are still getting from other governmental business.

Tell me why it won't be a life or death affairs to them.....
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by akaahs(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
uruba23:
are they doing us a favour by serving us?

1 Like

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by wasco70: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
AmodeTargeted.
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Lanretoye(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
it’s not their fault,it is the law
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
theses ex governors are already made wealthy men...why accumulate more money through pension when the masses suffer?
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by yommen: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Born2Breed:
I doubt if Jakande benefitted from this outrageous scam.

Despite all these on paper,what most ex-governors are collecting in form of contracts n co are even more than these.

Osinbajo designed it under Tinubu. That is what the news says.
Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by Henribest8(m): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
[quote author=Stjims post=84876981][b]Huge Pension Of Ex-governors Of Lagos State. Number 12

1 Like

Re: Huge Pension Of Ex-Governors Of Lagos State (Full List) by RedScorpion(f): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Operation loot the treasury after leaving office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) / Soldiers Spotted On Building Guarding President Tinubu At Eid Ground (video) / Yusuf Buhari And The Scar From Bike Accident (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.