Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament (2038 Views)

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? / 7 Consequences Of Not Following Christ By PST. Malomo S.O / DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
2kaybiel:
there is taqqiyya in Islam ( permissive lies) so you will not accept you're lying. keep it up.

Be a lie buster! Show us the lies!
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
AntiChristian:

Now see for yourself? Why would God hate what he created? Even when Everything He created is good.

And Mr. Timothy said in 1 Timothy 4:4
For everything God created is good
Reason why I asked if you are an atheist or not.....
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by aadoiza: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2019
Omo, this AntiChristian guy too know Bible.
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
aadoiza:
Omo, this AntiChristian guy too know Bible.

LOL.. Seems he's a backslider.. He's just going through a phase... He will still return to God... He'll still return to Jesus. I was like him last year.. He'll change.

Amen!
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by DoctorAlien(m): 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2019
OP, you just listed the conditions of the old covenant, a covenant based on promises that were not so good. In fact the old covenant was based on the hard-hearted, stiff-necked, self-righteous promise of the children of Israel that "All that Jehovah hath spoken we will do." They said this three good times in Exodus 19:8, Exodus 24:3 and Exodus 24:7. I will not go deep into theology but this is in fact the words of a man or a people who still trust in their own ability to fulfill perfectly God's requirements, who are yet to understand their need of help in form of a Saviour/Redeemer in whom they have to place faith. Another way to say it is that those are the words of a man who trusts in his own works. Indeed ever since the fall, God has been trying to get man to see his need in his fallen state of a Redeemer who will both redeem him from the condemnation of breaking the moral law in the first place, and give him power to live in harmony with God's commandments.

However, what has been the case? From Cain till now there has never been want of men who still trust in their ability to keep God's commandments. And what better way to teach man his need of a Saviour, not just to deliver him from condemnation of breaking the law, but also to help him abide by God's commandments, than to enter into a covenant with him which required him to keep the laws given to him, and receive blessings or break them, and receive punishments (which punishments would have been their just reward for transgression in the first place had God decided to leave them on their own to face the moral law)?

So the old covenant (which the children of Israel willfully entered) was essentially a covenant of do and live, do not and die (which death you deserve even without the covenant anyway, because you have broken God's moral law). Three times God gave them opportunity to admit their inability to keep perfectly His requirements: before He proclaimed the 10 Commandments, after Moses had told them the additional laws which God gave, and after Moses read all the laws which God had given from a book after putting them in writing. (Exodus 19:8; 24:3; 24:7). In each occasion, the reply was the same: "all that the Lord has said, we will do." Did the children of Israel keep the covenant? Emphatic NO! They couldn't keep it. But pious men throughout the Old Testament saw their need for the Redeemer, and looked forward to Him whose was coming was announced immediately after the fall, as early as Genesis 3:15.

However, the new covenant were based on God's better promises. Hear God speak: "Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more." ASV — Jeremiah 31:31 - 34

So in the new covenant, God promises by a special power (received by faith in Christ) to etch His moral law on the heart of the believer, so that the heart would be transformed to be in harmony with God's law.

Such is God's love for erring man. OP, you can still choose to respond to His love today.
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 7:05am On Dec 15, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

LOL.. Seems he's a backslider.. He's just going through a phase... He will still return to God... He'll still return to Jesus. I was like him last year.. He'll change.

Amen!

Return to where?

Return to which God? To which Jesus? You mean the God that killed his son to save the other creations he created?
This looks like those dibia/babalawo movies!
Christianity is similar to idolatory. One dibia can sacrifice someone to save others.

1 Like

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 15, 2019
AntiChristian:

Did i tell lies?

Well sometimes a person might misconstrue the vital concept of a document if not guided!

I have also read the Bible but got a totally different outlook, perhaps those who guided me or let's say taught me weren't skillful enough to reach a comprehensive conclusion when studying the Bible with me.

That's why i'll love to share your experience by considering the stories, thoughts and feelings of the servants of the Israelites God, then compare to the thought and feelings of their God so that we can arrive at a better more complacent conclusion on the book!

But if you've discussed with me (Maximus) before (perhaps under the pretext of another profile) and you feel intimidated by the power of reasoning i exhibited well it simply means what's written in the Bible is not just based on credulity, that is the sign of true FAITH that's powerful enough to silence all other religious books anyone can think of! Isaiah 54:17 smiley
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2019
DoctorAlien:
OP, you just listed the conditions of the old covenant, a covenant based on promises that were not so good. In fact the old covenant was based on the hard-hearted, stiff-necked, self-righteous promise of the children of Israel that "All that Jehovah hath spoken we will do." They said this three good times in Exodus 19:8, Exodus 24:3 and Exodus 24:7. I will not go deep into theology but this is in fact the words of a man or a people who still trust in their own ability to fulfill perfectly God's requirements, who are yet to understand their need of help in form of a Saviour/Redeemer in whom they have to place faith. Another way to say it is that those are the words of a man who trusts in his own works. Indeed ever since the fall, God has been trying to get man to see his need in his fallen state of a Redeemer who will both redeem him from the condemnation of breaking the moral law in the first place, and give him power to live in harmony with God's commandments.

However, what has been the case? From Cain till now there has never been want of men who still trust in their ability to keep God's commandments. And what better way to teach man his need of a Saviour, not just to deliver him from condemnation of breaking the law, but also to help him abide by God's commandments, than to enter into a covenant with him which required him to keep the laws given to him, and receive blessings or break them, and receive punishments (which punishments would have been their just reward for transgression in the first place had God decided to leave them on their own to face the moral law)?

So the old covenant (which the children of Israel willfully entered) was essentially a covenant of do and live, do not and die (which death you deserve even without the covenant anyway, because you have broken God's moral law). Three times God gave them opportunity to admit their inability to keep perfectly His requirements: before He proclaimed the 10 Commandments, after Moses had told them the additional laws which God gave, and after Moses read all the laws which God had given from a book after putting them in writing. (Exodus 19:8; 24:3; 24:7). In each occasion, the reply was the same: "all that the Lord has said, we will do." Did the children of Israel keep the covenant? Emphatic NO! They couldn't keep it. But pious men throughout the Old Testament saw their need for the Redeemer, and looked forward to Him whose was coming was announced immediately after the fall, as early as Genesis 3:15.

However, the new covenant were based on God's better promises. Hear God speak: "Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more." ASV — Jeremiah 31:31 - 34

So in the new covenant, God promises by a special power (received by faith in Christ) to etch His moral law on the heart of the believer, so that the heart would be transformed to be in harmony with God's law.

Such is God's love for erring man. OP, you can still choose to respond to His love today.

Na dibia/babalawo they request for human blood not God. God should have the power to do all things without restrictions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by DoctorAlien(m): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2019
AntiChristian:

Na dibia/babalawo they request for human blood not God. God should have the power to do all things without restrictions.

But God did not at anytime request for human blood. Or did He?

1 Like

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2019
DoctorAlien:

But God did not at anytime request for human blood. Or did He?

Them talk say he killed his begotten son to save his other sons and daughters!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
Now let me make it easier for the reader, I will basically post what the Christian God will do as a punishment to those who wouldn't follow him:
1- God will cause his people to murdered and massacred, and they will flee in all directions.
2- People will beget children but will not be able to enjoy them because they will be sent into slavery.
3- People's children shall be given to other people and the parents will wish they could have them back but they wont.
4- cannibalism, yes cannibalism! 53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee
5- God will send diseases to the people
6- You will get married, and your wife will sleep with other men.

These are some of the punishments that the God of the Bible will do to his people if they don't follow him.
God judged the Israelites and imposed those curses on them from 1900 years ago. Do you see israelites around today complaining that the punishment was too great for their wickedness against God? undecided
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 8:05am On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God judged the Israelites and imposed those curses on them from 1900 years ago. Do you see israelites around today complaining that the punishment was too great for their wickedness against God? undecided

Are the Israelites still alive make I ask them?
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Are the Israelites still alive make I ask them?
The man sitting walking right in front of you might be one of them. Go ask him. undecided
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The man sitting walking right in front of you might be one of them. Go ask him. undecided

You mean invisible Jesus?
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ You mean invisible Jesus?
What in the world is an invisible Jesus again? undecided
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Kobojunkie:
What in the world is an invisible Jesus again? undecided
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
.... I see that one went flying right over your head. That statement was said to mean that the next human you encounter may just be of the blood of Israel. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
.... I see that one went flying right over your head. That statement was said to mean that the next human you encounter may just be of the blood of Israel. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

There's no one when I read it. So I thought you were thinking about invisible Yeshua!
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
There's no one when I read it. So I thought you were thinking about invisible Yeshua!
I am just stunned at how your thought went straight to creating the idea of an invisible Jesus. lipsrsealed
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am just stunned at how your thought went straight to creating the idea of an invisible Jesus. lipsrsealed
Is Jesus visible before?

1 Like

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Is Jesus visible before?
So, Jesus Christ was never visible? lipsrsealed
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, Jesus Christ was never visible? lipsrsealed

He was visible then!
Not now!
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ He was visible then! Not now!
Last we read, the guy left Earth over 1900 years ago. So what do you mean visible then and not now? undecided

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Last we read, the guy left Earth over 1900 years ago. So what you are talking visible/invisible? undecided

Visible about 2000 years ago!
Invisible now!
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Visible about 2000 years ago! Invisible now!
When a person leaves the earth, the person becomes invisible. Is that it? undecided
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When a person leaves the earth, the person becomes invisible. Is that it? undecided

Yes!
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
Yes!
Oh boy! undecided
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by TenQ: 11:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
From Deuteronomy
Chapter 28

Now let me make it easier for the reader, I will basically post what the Christian God will do as a punishment to those who wouldn't follow him:

[color=#990000]1- God will cause his people to murdered and massacred, and they will flee in all directions.

2- People will beget children but will not be able to enjoy them because they will be sent into slavery.
3- People's children shall be given to other people and the parents will wish they could have them back but they wont.
4- cannibalism, yes cannibalism! 53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee
5- God will send diseases to the people
6- You will get married, and your wife will sleep with other men.

These are some of the punishments that the God of the Bible will do to his people if they don't follow him.
1. Your ignorance of scriptural truths never cease to amaze me as your lack of the understanding of Israel as a nation being the child of God is confusing both to you and your prophet Mohammed.
2. Your Strawman Argument is simply the characteristics of you and your prophet knowing that the same spirit that made him recite the satanic verses in the Qur'an reigns in you
a. Show me a single natiotin the whole world where God made a covenant with any nation on earth.
Exodus 19-24,
God makes a covenant with the Israelites at Mount Sinai through Moses. This covenant includes the Ten Commandments and various laws that would govern the nation.

b. The condition of covenant of God with Israel as a nation include both Blessings and Curses depending on the response of Israel to the rule of God.
c. It is therefore a Strawman Argument to claim
"I will basically post what the Christian God will do as a punishment to those who wouldn't follow him:"

Except you can show me from the Bible how the covenant of God applies to Mecca or Medina or another nation. I am waiting!

The children of perdition will get themselves lost by rejecting the Messiah for a person whose God is his belly, sex and vanities
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Dec 02, 2023
TenQ:

1. Your ignorance of scriptural truths never cease to amaze me as your lack of the understanding of Israel as a nation being the child of God is confusing both to you and your prophet Mohammed.
2. Your Strawman Argument is simply the characteristics of you and your prophet knowing that the same spirit that made him recite the satanic verses in the Qur'an reigns in you
a. Show me a single natiotin the whole world where God made a covenant with any nation on earth.
Exodus 19-24,
God makes a covenant with the Israelites at Mount Sinai through Moses. This covenant includes the Ten Commandments and various laws that would govern the nation.

b. The condition of covenant of God with Israel as a nation include both Blessings and Curses depending on the response of Israel to the rule of God.
c. It is therefore a Strawman Argument to claim
"I will basically post what the Christian God will do as a punishment to those who wouldn't follow him:"

Except you can show me from the Bible how the covenant of God applies to Mecca or Medina or another nation. I am waiting!

The children of perdition will get themselves lost by rejecting the Messiah for a person whose God is his belly, sex and vanities

I don't wish to worship the God who makes covenant with only one tribe/race! That's discrimination!

The God I worship is not the God of Israel alone but the God of all that exists!

And you didn't even touch the post.
Did your God say those things or He didn't?

Always abusive and deflecting!

1 Like

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by TenQ: 11:59am On Dec 02, 2023
AntiChristian:

I don't wish to worship the God who makes covenant with only one tribe/race! That's discrimination!

The God I worship is not the God of Israel alone but the God of all that exists!

And you didn't even touch the post.
Did your God say those things or He didn't?

Always abusive and deflecting!
You seem to be more knowledgeable than
both your prophet and Allah for they accept the book wherein it is stated that God chose Israel so that through Israel as a descendant of Abraham the whole earth shall be blessed.

I congratulate you on your achievement in at least being more knowledgeable that the ones you worship
Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by AntiChristian: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2023
TenQ:

You seem to be more knowledgeable than
both your prophet and Allah for they accept the book wherein it is stated that God chose Israel so that through Israel as a descendant of Abraham the whole earth shall be blessed.

I congratulate you on your achievement in at least being more knowledgeable that the ones you worship

Capping Nonsense as usual!

1 Like

Re: Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament by TenQ: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2023
AntiChristian:

Capping Nonsense as usual!
I doff my hat for you na!
Wiser than his prophet!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Was Called Immanuel In The New Testament? Jesus Prophecy Busted! / Does God Really Answers Prayer? / A Question For Yoruba Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.