Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu (54882 Views)

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Soldier And 26 Others For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photos) / Bouncer Kicks Soldier And His Girlfriend Out Of A Nightclub For Smoking Cannabis / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by finalboss(m): 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
ITxBUSH:
Sorry.

Op didn't you see some other combatant and regimented pictures to upload? Why these sorrowful looking Touts on camo picture?
kill me grin

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Tnity1: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
In the first place Was SARs suppose to be on a check point points. Again DSS already took the title from SARS so their second to been unprofessional and a thugs of department facilities.

2 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Captiveportal: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
That's how those idiots arrested my guys friend, pressed fakes charges against him and made him miss all his final year papers now the guy is thinking of how he'll graduate, they are the most unprofessional branch of the police abi military they should scrap them already angry

2 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by joyandfaith: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
two problems are facing the country-police corruption and tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by kstyle2(m): 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
To think that so much complains have been made and the inspector general of police hasn't done anything about it is just alarming. Until the child of a top politician is harmed or maybe killed with the killing pointing to SARS before something will be done

12 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by espn(m): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Animals
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Josiel: 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
grin
[/s]
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Glorymax: 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Very sad bro! Thank God you maintained your peace.
What can we do? That's where we found ourselves. Civility is dead in this country especially from the Nigerian Police. The country needs to be reformatted so we can start on a clean slate
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Chiggsglover(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
SARS has outlived its usefulness.
When it comes to abuse of power, SARS are terrible. I know the extortion they carry out on young men, once they see vpn, dating apps, and white men so friends on your Facebook, my brother just pay or they'll waste you. They enlist those SARS guys to fight terrorism instead of chasing fresh boys.
I served in the North and I know that the Nigeria Army has done ALOT for us. Let's be guided that these are not the ones that will hide when they see bullets, they rather charge towards danger. I lived opposite the Army barrack abd usually frequent the officers mess as a corper, can you imagine, The army allows corpers to chill, watch tv and charge phones where only high ranking officers can enter. I met and interacted with a lot of them and I can boldly say that they will act like the average Nigerians when provoked. Just avoid their camo.

15 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
oz4real83:
Just check how Nigerians react anytime a police officer or SARS dies. Some Nigerians celebrate while others express indifference. It isn't because Nigerians are wicked but as a result of one or two sad experience in the hands of these evil men. The govt has a lot of work to do in the police force to rebuild trust from the people. Most Nigerians view a Nigerian police force with distrust, even family members of police officers.

Everyone dies eventually so I'm not really bothered how Nigerians react. I'm just concerned SARS is a consistent thorn in the flesh on all Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Irore: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
cool thieves! Why not wait wink grin grin grin cheesy grin
I challenge the soldier to take this matter up, report to his regiment and the nearest police station. Evil thrives when good people do nothing. Waiting for update from Nairaland. Good job reporting to the world.

7 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Splendor27: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
That why we keep dismantling there illegal checkpoint and teach some of dem lesson,, ,
one day in minna were am servin my duty,,around 10pm on patrol,,we sighted some of dem wit illegal checkpoint harrasin and beaten innocent okada and passerby,,immediately they sighted our car,they all alighted in bus,,we even thought it criminal,so we chase dem....and almost open fire...before we saw the plate number....NPF....(NIGERIA POLICE WATEVER)....We fired a warnin shot before the oc told it driver to stop....
Anyway it not a good day for dem....
If u are a sars reading,,if i were you i would cordinate and respect citizen as officer.....before u are tag tout...
God bless Nigerian army.

32 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by greggng: 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lilshorecords:
I fear them pass anything. I'm a yahoo boy! They have once tear me adorable slap

And you are not ashame to call yourself that name? Repent before is too late...

8 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by greatbrian(m): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
helinues:
grin

I noticed all your post is always Anti- Nigerian Army. I hope you get what your are seeking for in no time

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Daboomb: 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
culturedboss:
Sorry bro na so dem dey....Personal I've seen their ugly side...One early morning on our way to work,I was with a colleague that lives on same street with me in my car.It was around 8am that morning by then traffic was building up when a white Hilux drove recklessly and almost hit my car at the back.My colleague,who wasn't aware it was SARS shouted to the driver harmlessly as they drove by "u dey alright?abi u dey learn how to drive?!" Only for them to double cross us and block my car from moving with their Hilux.It was not until I saw SARS written on the back of their bullet proof vests that I realized it was them coz they were on muffi.
One came out asked my colleague what he said accompanied with a dirty slap then blows through the windows.Then he tried to open the doors but then I quickly used the central lock..My friend became mute coz we were just as surprised as onlookers..He then looked at me but I was calm and quiet all through.He cocked his riffle pointed it at me, luckily for us one of them in the front of the Hilux called him to order and told him to leave us and enter let them go.
They were oozing of Igbo and alcohol that very morning.I was really speechless with my friend bleeding from his nose and month due to the blows he had received.
"Ona get luck,Ona for see onaselves today" These were his words as they sped off.
#EndSARS.

In Nigeria, we play with fire!

When you recruit criminals, cloth them with officialdom and hand them a gun, you have unleashed a monster on the society.
From the recuitment process, to the training and work ethics, Nigerian Police (especially), is a haven of criminality
I say this without any disrespect to the tiny fraction of good men in the Uniform and with all sense of responsibility.

I have been involved with the same process (recruitment and training), in a foreign country and l know the difference.
If we dont start from scratch and overhaul the police infrastructure (men and equipment) of this country, violence will just erupt one day, because the oppressed will not be silent or remain weak, forever.

I had a similar experience about twenty years ago! I was taking some equipments to a branch of my office in the East.
We were stopped by Policemen on the Benin-Onitsha Express Road.
They basically started extorting us, one by one at gun point and l said this is not right.
One of them ask me what l can do about it? I said l will report the matter (Uncle was a Commissioner of Police in another state then).
As l brought out my phone ( lovely 090 handed to me by the company!), he siezed the phone, slammed it on the floor and it scattered into three pieces, with the battery detached.

He said, "look all around you, do you see anyone coming"? I sad "No".
He then said "Now, l want you to make your call otherwise l will shoot all of you and declare all of you as armed robbers".

At this point, l made a quick mental calculation and realised we are "dead meat" already.
I sobbered down and started begging him saying l just wanted to show-off the phone and he should not be offended. Everybody in the bus started emptying their purse into his hand, to calm him down because he had cocked his AK47 and was ready to unleash bullets on us.

We begged his colleague who eventaully prevailed on him to "take all the money as compensation" for his anger.

That day was the closest l came face-to-face with death and l will never forget it.
When l got back and narrated what happened to my Commssioner of Police Uncle, his advice was that "never nake such mistake again, some of these Policemen you see, are killers in uniform and some of them dotn have any value for human life at all".

I was shocked because l was expecting righteous anger from him but it seems he has seen enough in his time as a senior police officer, not to be moved by my tale of near death.

The strange thing in all these is that the President, the Govt and the Police heirachy keeps living in-denail of this time-bomb, making the problem get even worse.
Needless to say, let us understand and act in the proper, requisite manner, that we are being policed the worst form of criminals, the nation can produce...... and we cant do without the Police!
undecided

13 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by esky158(m): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
na so me and my big bro way be soldier De use our mama car do big boys 4 Lagos road way SARS come catch us e remain small thing way de go shot me if no be my bro way dis arm de SARS guy way Carry d gun
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by maasoap(m): 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
oz4real83:
Just check how Nigerians react anytime a police officer or SARS dies. Some Nigerians celebrate while others express indifference. It isn't because Nigerians are wicked but as a result of one or two sad experience in the hands of these evil men. The govt has a lot of work to do in the police force to rebuild trust from the people. Most Nigerians view a Nigerian police force with distrust, even family members of police officers.

Me?

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Daboomb: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
Splendor27:
That why we keep dismantling there illegal checkpoint and teach some of dem lesson,, ,
one day in minna were am servin my duty,,around 10pm on patrol,,we sighted some of dem wit illegal checkpoint harrasin and beaten innocent okada and passerby,,immediately they sighted our car,they all alighted in bus,,we even thought it criminal,so we chase dem....and almost open fire...before we saw the plate number....NPF....(NIGERIA POLICE WATEVER)....We fired a warnin shot before the oc told it driver to stop....
If u are a sars reading,,if i were you i would cordinate and respect citizen as officer.....before u are tag tout...
God bless Nigerian army.

God bless you.

I am happy that the bolded is coming from a Soldier.
it is important that we spread the message within our Units, that when Armed Forces personnel "respect and treat civilians with dignity", the Civilians have no option than to love and respect anyone in Uniform.
That is why in the US for example, civilians are ready to do ANYTHING for you, once they knwo you are a veteran or serving personnel.
We must educate our Unformed Personnel that "threats, intimidation and humiliation of unarmed civillians" is not what generates respect and love, nor is it a sign of strength by uniformed personnel!

Thank you, Victory is from God.

13 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Tomide007: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
Splendor27:
God bless Nigerian army.
God bless the Nigerian army

6 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by newpark(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2019
Please Soldier another time you are off duty, stay calm, humble and safe. The high way is full of diversified manifestation. So apply wisdom at all check points. Sorry for that embarrassment.
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by maasoap(m): 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Conceptman:
Sars has done alot of harm, I just wonder why the government has refused to do anything on dis Sars issue

I think that FG is looking at the little positive side of them, armed robbers confrontation. But at least, FG should reform them and put monitoring teams in place in each state of the federation to check their excessiveness

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Conceptman: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
maasoap:

I think that FG is looking at the little positive side of them, armed robbers confrontation. But at least, FG should reform them and put monitoring teams in place in each state of the federation to check their excessiveness
there are other ways to handle crimes not by the way these Sars men are doing it, innocent people are becoming victims of Sars brutality and killings, they wont go after the real criminals but rather molest and abuse innocent ones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Chicastle: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
Buh Wait, you mean they speed off, or then JAPA? which one?

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Splendor27: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
Daboomb:

God bless you.

I am happy that the bolded is coming from a Soldier.
it is important that we spread the message within our Units, that when Armed Forces personnel "respect and treat civilians with dignity", the Civilians have no option than to love and respect anyone in Uniform.
That is why in the US for example, civilians are ready to do ANYTHING for you, once they knwo you are a veteran or serving personnel.
We must educate our Unformed Personnel that "threats, intimidation and humiliation of unarmed civillians" is not what generates respect and love, nor is it a sign of strength by uniformed personnel!
God bless you.
Thank you, Victory is from God.
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by oz4real83(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

Everyone dies eventually so I'm not really bothered how Nigerians react. I'm just concerned SARS is a consistent thorn in the flesh on all Nigerians.
It is true that everyone dies eventually but when people rejoice in the death of members of an organisation, not because they are gonna miss that person, but because they feel it is karma and the victim deserves even worse, that calls to question the nature of the deceased.
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Bonjelomo: 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
maasoap:

so is it logical to continue with a system when the positive side is 'little'?

The government, starting from Buhari is simply INSENSITIVE AND IRRESPONSIBLE! Stop rationalizing evil!

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Chicastle: 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
oz4real83:

Our govt is not stable. When the head of state had turn to minister of of foreign affairs what do we gain?
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by drmikeadams(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
hidhrhis:
i think it is high time they end sars
i went out on wednesday night to watch champions league match not knowing i was going to experience the worst experience of my life
when the match reached 84 minutes 8 sars officers entered the viewing centre locked the door and started beating everyone that we were watching ball late hour the next thing they chained us all loaded us in their hilux and camry
when we got to their station our phone was collected and our shoes and we were locked up in a cell which has 6 inmate (5armed robbers and a murderer)
we spent close to 14 hours in their we were not allowed to call our family members until 9 am
i was released after paying 6 thousand some paid 20 thousand,14000,10000 depending on how good u are in negotiation and the appearance of who came to bail you out
grin grin grin. As huna plenty reach for viewing center,huna no fit beat dem,
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by maasoap(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
Conceptman:
there are other ways to handle crimes not by the way these Sars men are doing it, innocent people are becoming victims of Sars brutality and killings, they wont go after the real criminals but rather molest and abuse innocent ones

What they're doing is not part of their job description, just to get monetary benefits from the helpless citizens. They've become law on to themselves.
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Conceptman: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
maasoap:

What they're doing is not part of their job description, just to get monetary benefits from the helpless citizens. They've become law on to themselves.
exactly but even comes with a package of brutality and some people has lost their lives to these men

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by tete7000(m): 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
The presidency is not better than Sars...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by maasoap(m): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Bonjelomo:

so is it logical to continue with a system when the positive side is 'little'?

This question you directed at me was unnecessary.

The government, starting from Buhari is simply INSENSITIVE AND IRRESPONSIBLE! Stop rationalizing evil!

This clearly shows why you asked me question. You got my comment totally wrong and I don't blame you, many of you can't comprehend properly not to talk of analysing comments.
My post was a reaction to a question asked by someone
Conceptman:
Sars has done alot of harm, I just wonder why the government has refused to do anything on dis Sars issue
So, my comment wasn't a rationalisation but an explanation to a question.
If you have problem with Buhari as it clearly showed in your post, don't lump it together with my post. Take your frustration straight to Aso Rock in Abuja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Nigerians Fight Over Girls In Malaysia, One In Coma (Graphic Pics) / The 2 Priests And 15 Others Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Lagos Maid Steals Bosses' $10,000, Converts To Naira At N86 Per Dollar (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.