Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? (15035 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by BlueAngel444: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
Lotechi:
People who tithe are part of the problem in Nigeria. How on God’s earth would someone believe that tithing is the gateway to wealth?

Laziness and the inability to actually pick up a book or even a hoe, so consume whatever from whoever
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by OkCornel(m): 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

God let them convert it to money if what they had to carry was too large or the distance was too far

And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:

Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:

Deuteronomy 14:24-25

But you see some altar/pulpit speaks stop at 25

Forgetting the remaining 4verses

Half truth is a lie ain't it

Exactly bro, these manipulators deliberately withhold information and sell corrupted truths to brainwashed people.

Anyways, it’s those who have the scriptures right in their front, with a functioning God given brain that allows themselves to be deceived I really laugh at.

They don’t realise how hilarious it is seeing them defending obvious lies.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by OkCornel(m): 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

The more I read your responses eh, the more I want to meet you in person

If there was an answer I would given the above would be an example

God bless bro. smiley All glory unto Him that reveals the Truth.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by kareemkamil(m): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
Tithing is bad, because Luke 12-42 and Matthew 23-23 against it.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by BlueAngel444: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
OkCornel:

Exactly bro, these manipulators deliberately withhold information and sell corrupted truths to brainwashed people.

Anyways, it’s those who have the scriptures right in their front, with a functioning God given brain that allows themselves to be deceived I really laugh at.

They don’t realise how hilarious it is seeing them defending obvious lies.

They lie to people, because they were either

1. Lied to
2. Know human nature,

Notice how people don't have proof for even 50% of what they claim to believe but when something contradicts that belief they ask for proof

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by farolee(m): 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
It only in Nigeria people attached tithing oh.Even the Jewish in America pay sakat to Isreal.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by OkCornel(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
BlueAngel444:

They lie to people, because they were either

1. Lied to
2. Know human nature,

Notice how people don't have proof for even 50% of what they claim to believe but when something contradicts that belief they ask for proof

One of the basic flaws in a typical Sapien’s mind.

Being honest enough to admit “I don’t know” won’t kill anyone.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by Ishilove: 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
PervertProphet:

God bless you. The Christian faith is not necessarily about only the letters as the letters killeth but more importantly about the spirit of God through Christ Jesus that maketh us alive to the glory of God.
You have spoken well. I have vowed not to engage anyone who tells me to defend the revelation because that is carnality. I am answerable only to God who saw it fit to open eyes and kill my ignorance. The purest and most profound truths are the ones which are revealed directly from the Holy Spirit and the Creator of the Seven Universes. Nobody adviced me to pay tithe. It is God himself who told me.

If all Christians have this spirit you have. They would not easily be swayed by just about seducing spirit doctrine that sweeps through like a tide.

The Daddy Freeze guy. Have you guys noticed aside his noise. There is really no tangible work he is doing for the Lord.
That one is just an empty barrel making noise and leading people astray. I pity his followers.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by tonysunkan: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Homers123:
undiluted hogwash.

To you.
To believers, that's the truth.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by BlueAngel444: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
Ishilove:

You have spoken well. I have vowed not to engage anyone who tells me to defend the revelation because that is carnality. I am answerable only to God who saw it fit to open eyes and kill my ignorance. The purest and most profound truths are the ones which are revealed directly from the Holy Spirit and the Creator of the Seven Universes. Nobody adviced me to pay tithe. It is God himself who told me.

That one is just an empty barrel making noise and leading people astray. I pity his followers.

Hmmm, please even Muslims who claim Jesus reveals himself to, usually say He refers them to scripture...

If "God" Himself did then share your revelation or why mention it in the first place
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by BlueAngel444: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
PervertProphet:

God bless you. The Christian faith is not necessarily about only the letters as the letters killeth but more importantly about the spirit of God through Christ Jesus that maketh us alive to the glory of God.

If all Christians have this spirit you have. They would not easily be swayed by just about seducing spirit doctrine that sweeps through like a tide.

The Daddy Freeze guy. Have you guys noticed aside his noise. There is really no tangible work he is doing for the Lord.

Oh so it pervertprophet not perfectprophet

I see
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by Homers123(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
tonysunkan:

To you.
To believers, that's the truth.
You mean brain washed folks?
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by TrumpDonald2: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
Pauldollars:
One of your duties as a Christian is to make sure you always give your tithes and God will bless you abundantly (Read Malachi 3:10) How the money is being used by the Church should not be your concern. BTW it is good that you give your tithes in the church that spiritually nourishes you...not just any random Penterascal church which have no business propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Apart from Malachi 3:10, can you quote another passage to buttress your point?
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by openmine(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
loswhite:
Jesus was under the law, so speaking against tithing would have been blasphemy...This is no way means Jesus was in support of tithing. Tithing was a law and the law was meant for a purpose. It today's generation that law is not required
True
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by MuttleyLaff: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
loswhite:
Jesus was under the law, so speaking against tithing would have been blasphemy...This is no way means Jesus was in support of tithing. Tithing was a law and the law was meant for a purpose. It today's generation that law is not required
Tithing was a law and the law was meant for the purpose of those who had no inheritance out of the Promised Land period, lol.

The Pharisees, rightly so, as according to the law, are expected to tithe, so Jesus endorses tithing in their case, lol, however Jesus wouldnt support all these jagbajantis sense of entitlement to obligatory or imposed ecclesiastical monitised tithing going around the place here, lol

openmine:
True
Jesus would speak against tithing and it wouldnt have been blasphemy, if it is not applicable to a person, just as like He, as a carpenter or His disciples as fishermen weren't tithing and werent expected to tithe, lol.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kingzeez10:
No single comment from the Muslim here but on Friday you guys masturbate on Islam thread, you counter their claim with bible, you call them unprintable names. I have reach a conclusion that you guys are the most intolerant people in the world. Bleep you all
Masturbation is not good.. Don't joke about it!!
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by BlueAngel444: 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2019
PervertProphet:

Yeah! The moniker is to celebrate the supposed "good deeds" and keep the memory of the pervert pedophile plagiarizer 7th Century prophet.

A man who made nonsensical statements like these below but whom 1.7b of his followers insists what he says about Jesus Christ is true. Even when he could not make sense with little things. Because he heard Hippocrates say something about male genitals forming in 30 days. Guyman prophet didn't listen properly but quickly plagiarized it as revelation to his ummah.

Hadith
حَدَّثَنَا عُثْمَانُ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَإِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، كِلاَهُمَا عَنْ جَرِيرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ، الْحَمِيدِ ح وَحَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، أَخْبَرَنَا عِيسَى بْنُ يُونُسَ، ح وَحَدَّثَنِي أَبُو سَعِيدٍ، الأَشَجُّ حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَاهُ عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُعَاذٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ بْنُ الْحَجَّاجِ، كُلُّهُمْ عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، بِهَذَا الإِسْنَادِ ‏.‏ قَالَ فِي حَدِيثِ وَكِيعٍ ‏‏ إِنَّ خَلْقَ أَحَدِكُمْ يُجْمَعُ فِي بَطْنِ أُمِّهِ أَرْبَعِينَ لَيْلَةً ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَقَالَ فِي حَدِيثِ مُعَاذٍ عَنْ شُعْبَةَ ‏"‏ أَرْبَعِينَ لَيْلَةً أَرْبَعِينَ يَوْمًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَأَمَّا فِي حَدِيثِ جَرِيرٍ وَعِيسَى ‏"‏ أَرْبَعِينَ يَوْمًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏"

This hadith has been reported on the authority of A'mash with the same chain of transmitters and in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Waki' (the words are):

" The creation of any one of you is like this that (semen) is collected in the womb of the mother for forty nights," and in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Shu'ba (the words are):" Forty nights and forty days." And in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Jarir and 'Isa (the words are):" Forty days."

Sahih Muslim 2643 b
In-book : Book 46, Hadith 2
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 33, Hadith 6391
Sahih Muslim

When next they tell you Islam is science. Show them this. Ask a Muslim medical doctor how this can be possible medically.
Lol! Semen in the womb for forty days and forty nights.

Shey! The Semen dey do fasting and prayer ni?

Or this below:

Hadith
وَحَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ جَوَّاسٍ الْحَنَفِيُّ أَبُو عَاصِمٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الأَحْوَصِ، عَنْ شَبِيبِ بْنِ غَرْقَدَةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ شِهَابٍ الْخَوْلاَنِيِّ، قَالَ كُنْتُ نَازِلاً عَلَى عَائِشَةَ فَاحْتَلَمْتُ فِي ثَوْبَىَّ فَغَمَسْتُهُمَا فِي الْمَاءِ فَرَأَتْنِي جَارِيَةٌ لِعَائِشَةَ فَأَخْبَرَتْهَا فَبَعَثَتْ إِلَىَّ عَائِشَةُ فَقَالَتْ مَا حَمَلَكَ عَلَى مَا صَنَعْتَ بِثَوْبَيْكَ قَالَ قُلْتُ رَأَيْتُ مَا يَرَى النَّائِمُ فِي مَنَامِهِ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ هَلْ رَأَيْتَ فِيهِمَا شَيْئًا ‏.‏ قُلْتُ لاَ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ فَلَوْ رَأَيْتَ شَيْئًا غَسَلْتَهُ لَقَدْ رَأَيْتُنِي وَإِنِّي لأَحُكُّهُ مِنْ ثَوْبِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَابِسًا بِظُفُرِي ‏.‏

Abdullah b. Shihab al-Khaulani reported:

I stayed in the house of 'A'isha and had a wet dream (and perceived its effect on my garment), so (in the morning) I dipped both (the clothes) in water. This (act of mine) was watched by a maid-servant of A'isha and she informed her. She (Hadrat A'isha) sent me a message: Whatprompted you to act like this with your clothes? He (the narrator) said: I told that I saw in a dream what a sleeper sees. She said: Did you find (any mark of the fluid) on your clothes? I said: No. She said: Had you found anything you should have washed it. Incase I found that (semen) on the garment of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) dried up, I scraped it off with my nails.

Sahih Muslim 290
In-book : Book 2, Hadith 140
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 2, Hadith 572
Sahih Muslim

And a man like this wants to teach us that Jesus Christ was not this or that or that he is not supreme and 1.7billion prefer his mad sayings over the ones of the sinless one=Jesus.

Lol
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by openmine(m): 12:08am On Dec 16, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Tithing was a law and the law was meant for the purpose of those who had no inheritance out of the Promised Land period, lol.

The Pharisees, rightly so, as according to the law, are expected to tithe, so Jesus endorses tithing in their case, lol, however Jesus wouldnt support all these jagbajantis sense of entitlement to obligatory or imposed ecclesiastical monitised tithing going around the place here, lol

Jesus would speak against tithing and it wouldnt have been blasphemy, if it is not applicable to a person, just as like He, as a carpenter or His disciples as fishermen weren't tithing and werent expected to tithe, lol.

Like you said,Tithe is a law....aside tithe,there were other laws which he was under!
So we could conclude he spoke as one under the law hence his response to tithing!
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 16, 2019
OkCornel:

Thanks bro, enjoying the sunshine this blessed Sunday. How's it going at your end? smiley

Freewill giving towards the things of God, and to help one's neighbor is inevitable for anyone who claims to love God and his neighbor. Anything outside of this is just lip service...A good example is these scenarios James mentioned his letter;

James 1 v 27;
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

James 2 v 15-17;
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

You know what the son of man used as the basis to separate the sheeps from the goats in Matthew 25 v 31-46. Giving to help others (the least of the brethren) in need. Direct assistance.

I would have put tithing and freewill giving in the same category if and only if;
1) I can get scriptural references to where God specifically requested for money as tithes.
2) Where Gentile believers practised tithing in the early church like the Judaizers did.
3) If the mammonic peddlers of this monetary tithing doctrine can stop pouring old wine in new wine skin by insisting those who don't practice monetary tithing (which God never instructed anyways) are under the curse of the devourer. A covenant no gentile believer ever took an oath to be under and be bound by the blessings and curses of such a covenant.

Look at the bigger picture, nothing whatsoever should come between you and God. Not desire for temporary wealth.

Now take a look at that rich fellow that boasted to Jesus he kept all the laws, and what extra must he do? When Jesus adviser he should sell off all he had. Look at his reaction, it merely shows his desire for temporary wealth still outweighed the love he had for God.

Personally, money has never been a problem for me. With or without money, I have that assurance my needs are always going to be met (especially when the Holy Spirit guides me on how to put my talents to use and what time). But for some people, money and possessions is where they put their trust and security in.
Sorry about the delay bro.

I can see that you have already completed your response, so let me quickly get to mine.

From your response It's clear that we both agree that giving by those of the church is not a voluntary thing but compulsory, to the extent that not doing so could deprive one of eternal life, hence it was a commandment giving by Jesus which must be kept.

So the next thing is how much?

Now we already know that there's a percentage for tithes which is a least ten percent as commanded in the Law, so how about that for the church as commanded by Jesus?

Was there any percentage required or was it just any amount, so that someone could give 0.1 percent, and someone else could give 99.9 percent and both would have kept the same instruction?

I believe God gave a required percentage, hence my quoting the instances of Jesus commandment to the church about giving, to show that it was a minimum of a hundred percent which He commanded.

And that was significantly higher than the minimum of ten percent that was required by the Law for tithes, but unsurprisingly so since the Law Jesus brought was a huge upgrade to the Law of Moses, so it was only normal that it would be require much more.

And that was what Jesus asked of the rich man you spoke of who could easily meet the requirements of the Law which demanded ten percent, but when it came to that of Jesus which required a hundred percent, it proved too much for him to scale.

It's easy to criticize the rich man for falling short of the requirement of the Law of Jesus which is a hundred percent, but the Truth is that it's easier said than done, because the hundred percent which Jesus asks of those of His church is very hard to meet compared to that which the Law requires which is ten percent as the rich man showed on that occasion.

So does that mean that people as that rich man who are not able to meet the hundred percent which Jesus asks of those of His church, should no longer give God even the tithes ten percent they are able to meet?

I believe that anyone who has not given God the minimum of a hundred percent that Jesus asks of those of His church are yet at the level of tithes which is ten percent, and hence have not yet entered into the Kingdom of God.

When I say enter into the Kingdom of God, I don't mean being saved or having eternal life, for from the conversation that Jesus had with the rich man, it clearly showed that what the Laws required which was the ten percent was enough to get him that.

So that's not what i mean when i say the kingdom of God, but that which required a hundred percent from him to be able to enter, which he couldn't meet, that's the Kingdom of God. Matthew 19:17, 21-24.

And the hundred percent that Jesus commanded which the rich man to give he fell short of, was the same requirement which His disciples had met to be able to enter into the Kingdom of God. Matthew 19:27-29

Now I already gave you the instance of Abraham with Isaac to illustrate what giving God a hundred percent meant, for Abraham was said to have obeyed God voice despite him not killing Isaac physically as God had commanded to do... so that also applies to giving God a hundred percent, for it doesn't necessarily mean physically, but it must be done mentally.

So there's a possibility that Jesus could have done same and stopped the rich man from carrying it out physically, had the man accepted to do what He commanded him to do, because he had already done it in his mind. So the man would have obeyed His voice and given God the hundred percent that it required for him to enter into the Kingdom of God without having to do so literally.

The mentality is the primary objective, so someone may not necessarily have to give God a hundred percent physically, but the mindset is crucial and I believe that was the standard Jesus required for His church, that which it had then at the beginning that informed her orientation.

But unfortunately the standard of the church has crashed from the hundred percent it was at the time to the ten percent it is today.

So does that mean we should stop people of the church from giving God the ten percent the Law requires, because they are not able to meet the hundred percent required by kingdom of God which is supposed to be the standard of the church?

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by MSesan: 4:37am On Dec 16, 2019
Well in the world we are today, it seems tithes is a bad thing.

Because people that we're donating our tithe to are buying jets, building mansions, driving luxurious cars. undecided

Meanwhile, for us that donated still wearing slippers, living in a rented apartment, struggling for a cab.

Is tithes not meant to be sharing among the poor
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by MuttleyLaff: 8:50am On Dec 16, 2019
openmine:
Like you said, Tithe is a law....
It's not like I said, because it was loswhite who first said "tithe is a law". I merely echoed what he said because I accept and know this as a fact, that it is a law and had a purpose, which primarily was for e welfare and/well being of the Levites, who had no landed inheritance in the Promised Land, Canaan in Israel.

openmine:
aside tithe, there were other laws which He was under!
Birds born in cages, think that flying is a disease. Of course, there were other laws He was under, but Jesus as for this the tithing law, as a carpenter, Jesus was never under it.

Wait, let's do it this way. Lets both carefully examine together the intricacy of how the talk and/or why the subject of tithing at Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 crept into the discussion Jesus initiated with the crowds and His disciples at Matthew 23:1

Left to Jesus, He wouldnt have raise the subject of tithing, if not because the hypocrites Pharisees, who a first one in his mind at Luke 11:37-38 was wondering in His mind why Jesus did not first wash before the meal and then after another set of Pharisees and teachers of religious law at Mark 7:5, began to challenge and questioning Jesus over why His disciples arent washing their hands, cleaning themselves up first before eating (i.e. eat without first performing the hand-washing ceremony)

The funniest thing about this all, is that, the hand-washing ceremony isnt even a law, that the Pharisees were getting sore about. It isnt a God given law, but is just a Pharisaic standard of ceremonial purity, that had nothing to do with a God given religion law and not even with any of the Levitical Laws, but is only a Pharisaic tradition and Oral Law, a mere man-made, tradition of the elders, lol. So anyway, it was when after the Pharisee, at Luke 11:37-38 had raised this objection in his mind and the Pharisees and teachers of religious law, at Mark 7:5 openly raised their concerns to Jesus that He used tithe to publicly criticize them all using ridicule, irony and sarcasm to do that

He, Jesus, at Matthew 23:1, called the crowds and His disciples together and began to warn them about the Pharisees and teachers of religious law, whom He said disregard the commandment of God to keep the tradition of men and then from Matthew 23:13, He started raining curses upon the Pharisees and teachers of religious law, right up to Matthew 23:23 He did, and which is the point at where He ridiculed the Pharisees and teachers of religious with the mention of tithing and then continued thereon further cursing them more, until Matthew 23:29, lol.

openmine:
So we could conclude he spoke as one under the law hence his response to tithing!
He did not speak as one under a tithing law. Like I've previously said, the mention of tithing was an accident. It wasnt expectedly planned. It really was no response to tithing, as nobody and/or no one asked Him questions about tithing, lol. He used tithing to poke and make fun of them for their misplaced priorities. He was not teaching tithing, He was teaching get your priorities right, lol. Praise God Alleluia.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by OkCornel(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
Sorry about the delay bro.

I can see that you have already completed your response, so let me quickly get to mine.

From your response It's clear that we both agree that giving by those of the church is not a voluntary thing but compulsory, to the extent that not doing so could deprive one of eternal life, hence it was a commandment giving by Jesus which must be kept.

So the next thing is how much?

Now we already know that there's a percentage for tithes which is a least ten percent as commanded in the Law, so how about that for the church as commanded by Jesus?

Was there any percentage required or was it just any amount, so that someone could give 0.1 percent, and someone else could give 99.9 percent and both would have kept the same instruction?

I believe God gave a required percentage, hence my quoting the instances of Jesus commandment to the church about giving, to show that it was a minimum of a hundred percent which He commanded.

And that was significantly higher than the minimum of ten percent that was required by the Law for tithes, but unsurprisingly so since the Law Jesus brought was a huge upgrade to the Law of Moses, so it was only normal that it would be require much more.

And that was what Jesus asked of the rich man you spoke of who could easily meet the requirements of the Law which demanded ten percent, but when it came to that of Jesus which required a hundred percent, it proved too much for him to scale.

It's easy to criticize the rich man for falling short of the requirement of the Law of Jesus which is a hundred percent, but the Truth is that it's easier said than done, because the hundred percent which Jesus asks of those of His church is very hard to meet compared to that which the Law requires which is ten percent as the rich man showed on that occasion.

So does that mean that people as that rich man who are not able to meet the hundred percent which Jesus asks of those of His church, should no longer give God even the tithes ten percent they are able to meet?

I believe that anyone who has not given God the minimum of a hundred percent that Jesus asks of those of His church are yet at the level of tithes which is ten percent, and hence have not yet entered into the Kingdom of God.

When I say enter into the Kingdom of God, I don't mean being saved or having eternal life, for from the conversation that Jesus had with the rich man, it clearly showed that what the Laws required which was the ten percent was enough to get him that.

So that's not what i mean when i say the kingdom of God, but that which required a hundred percent from him to be able to enter, which he couldn't meet, that's the Kingdom of God. Matthew 19:17, 21-24.

And the hundred percent that Jesus commanded which the rich man to give he fell short of, was the same requirement which His disciples had met to be able to enter into the Kingdom of God. Matthew 19:27-29

Now I already gave you the instance of Abraham with Isaac to illustrate what giving God a hundred percent meant, for Abraham was said to have obeyed God voice despite him not killing Isaac physically as God had commanded to do... so that also applies to giving God a hundred percent, for it doesn't necessarily mean physically, but it must be done mentally.

So there's a possibility that Jesus could have done same and stopped the rich man from carrying it out physically, had the man had accepted to do what He commanded him to do, because he had already done it in his mind. So the man would have obeyed His voice and given God the hundred percent that it required for him to enter into the Kingdom of God without having to do so.

The mentality is the objective, so someone may not necessarily have to give God a hundred percent physically, but the mindset is crucial and I believe that was the standard Jesus required for His church, that which it had then at the beginning.

But unfortunately the standard of the church has crashed from the hundred percent it was at the time to the ten percent it is today.

So does that mean we should stop people of the church from giving God the ten percent the Law requires, because they are not able to meet the hundred percent required by kingdom of God which is supposed to be the standard of the church?

Thanks and God bless.

Good morning bro, hope you rested well.

I’ve gone through this and would reply later today, perhaps when I’m in transit.

Do have a great day ahead!

1 Like

Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2019
OkCornel:

Good morning bro, hope you rested well.

I’ve gone through this and would reply later today, perhaps when I’m in transit.

Do have a great day ahead!
Good morning ma broda. I'm fine thanks.

No worries.

Have a glorious day yourself.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by joshuaprice153: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2019
Adding visual stuff like relevant pics/videos could boost the article more and make it interesting for those who are not a fan of reading. commercial cleaning
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by MuttleyLaff: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2019
fao and fyi openmine I earlier until now got banned for quoting your post and responding to it, so if you have to respond to mine, don't quote it, don't touch it, so copy out into a fresh and new post whatever in my post you want and/or need to address.

This advance warning is also for the benefit of other interested interlocutors on this thread.
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by openmine(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
fao and fyi openmine I earlier until now got banned for quoting your post and responding to it, so if you have to respond to mine, don't quote it, don't touch it, so copy out into a fresh and new post whatever in my post you want and/or need to address.

This advance warning is also for the benefit of other interested interlocutors on this thread.
What's the meaning all these Mr Muttleylaff?
Have I suddenly turned to a mod?
....I don't have time for all these unnecessary info!
Go and ask the mod why you received a ban!
Re: Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
loswhite:
It's blasphemy to say that Jesus was under the Law, because the Law was under Jesus!

You are entitled to believe whatever you want, but that saying of Jesus about tithes proved that He wasn't against tithing even if you are.

You can still prove me wrong by showing me one instance where He spoke against tithing as He had done concerning several other Laws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mbaka Tells Fellow Priests To Stop Condemning Him For Praying For Nnamdi Kanu / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.