Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept (19150 Views)

Understanding The Difference Between Spirit, Soul And Body (2) / What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / "God Stopped Bullets From Entering My Body"; Man Attacked By Armed Robbers.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by AI007(m): 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
EternalBeing:
We really thank HOLY SPIRIT for the testimonies of what HE has used these threads to reveal to many here. I was shocked at the answers initially given by many when I created a thread titled "What is the Purpose of Man on Earth? What is your Purpose on Earth?" Many answered by saying they were amazed that they've never even given that a thought before that day, so, they didn't really know. But by the end of the thread, we've all learned the Purpose and became better beings.

Human being Created by YAHWEH ALMIGHTY can be compared to robot manufactured by man.
The only major difference is that ALMIGHTY gave humans free will to choose whether to be resurrected to live forever or to permanently die, unlike robots that don't have any free will. The man-robot comparison in this post would help us to better understand the tripartite nature of Man as Spirit, Soul and Body. A Man is essentially a Soul, we shall see below.
To understand the 3 components that makes a man, we compare them to the 3 components that makes a robotic computer.

*The physical Hardware is similar to man's physical body. The probability that the robot or computer would still function well even when the mouse or keyboard is faulty is still high. So, loosing a leg, hand, or eyes still don't prevent a human from discovering and fulfilling his glorious Destiny in accordance to the Will of his CREATOR.

*The Software on which the robot runs is similar to the human Soul. The software is the determinant of how well the robot works. It would determine if the computer would excellently perform the task for which it was manufactured or not. I once had my computer system paralyzed by virus infested software, it was an experience far from being pleasant. Just as hackers infect our computers, Satan have put things in place to infect, hijack or worse still, to permanently kill human Soul. he hates the Truth that Man, who was created from mere clay, has been given the ability to choose to live forever. So, he works tirelessly to deceive and prevent humans from earning that very primary right to Immortality that we were put here to receive. The Soul is a very important part of Man because once hijacked by Satan, he uses the persons body to further hijack, corrupt or destroy other humans, and finally destroy the used human that yielded to be his tools for the sake of fame, power and money. Satan does NOT and can never love any human being. He hates all human being with perfect hatred. As the Bible and Quran confirms, Man was granted the highly exulted position that he coveted, demanded and fought YAHWEH ALMIGHTY the Creator of all for. So, those that go to bow to him for one thing or the other are only being deceived with fake love, so that he can destroy them after using them to destroy other humans.

*The Electricity that powers the robot is very much like the Spirit that YAHWEH ALMIGHTY breathe into Man to give us life. When this leaves, Man dies. This is why when a human dies, the falsely flourishing physical pompous body that some labor all their lives to build and excessively nourish to the point of indirectly eating other human flesh and drinking fellow human blood, begins the process of decaying immediately. YAHWEH ALMIGHTY GOD is essentially a SPIRIT, the source of all other Spirits and the CREATOR of all things. That is why HE is called the omnipresent God. The more of HIS Will you do, the more Life comes into your spirit to build your Soul like a software that has been programmed to replicate itself and grow until your Soul grows into full stature of Christ (Ephesians 4:13) and become undefeatable by the adversary.

Out of these 3, the major one that we humans should be most concerned about is the Soul. Proverbs 4:23 "Guard your heart (seat of soul) with all diligence, for from it proceed the issues of Life" Satan has set so much traps to capture the hearts of men. Be very intentionally selective of the kind of videos you watch, music you listen to, things you read, etc.
New International Version Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

It quite unfortunate that many have been deceived to concentrate more on developing, nourishing and excessively focusing all their energy on caring for their body at the expense of the development of their eternal Soul. Consequently, the Soul becomes dwarfed while the physical body that shall soon be dead and eaten up by worms gives false appearance of flourishing.

Anyone that puts his trust in a herbalist, pastor, alfa, marabouts, satan or demons, instead of being irreversibly determined to please his CREATOR and receive the awaiting reward of immortality, does not know the great opportunity that his great CREATOR has granted him. If your eyes is opens to your true worth as human being, no amount of money, material wealth fame and glory of the ephemeral World would be able to buy your unjustifiably precious eternal Soul.

Isaiah 2:22 "Put no more trust in man, who has only the breath in his nostrils"
Jeremiah 17:5 "Thus said the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm"
Accept JESUS into your life today, and HE shall grant your the Holy Spirit that would lead you in walking and doing only the things that makes your eternal Soul to grow into full statue of Christ and become eligible for resurrection into your glorious eternity. Your CREATOR's plan is to make you great in this current Life and still reward you with immortality if you don't allow the trials of this World and temptations of Satan to turn you against your great CREATOR. May we wisely live and overcome to earn immorality in JESUS Name. By focusing on being Holy, you shall control the Power controlling this World, don't let this World control you!

I appreciate your post, but your message or should I say theory is a little bit flawed:
you are right, man is composed of spirit soul and body, you have to understand that man is spirit, living in flesh, the spirit is what returned back to the creator. the soul here is what powers the body, it is the most fragile piece of the puzzle, once the soul is killed the body dies, and the spirit leaves, the soul can't be corrupted cause it is not man, its is the fuel that powers the body, man which is the spirit is what have the capacity to be corrupted , even God once said my spirit and man's cannot... (I've forgotten though bit if you are a bible scholar you'll understand what I mean). the devil corrupts the spirit but attacks the soul, the soul is so fragile that if the body is tempered with, it dies, the spirit is kind of immortal that even the devil can not kill it, only God can.
reference to the passages in the Bible that mention soul, spirit and gain understanding
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by gradeA(m): 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
AI007:

I appreciate your post, but your message or should I say theory is a little bit flawed:
you are right, man is composed of spirit soul and body, you have to understand that man is spirit, living in flesh, the spirit is what returned back to the creator. the soul here is what powers the body, it is the most fragile piece of the puzzle, once the soul is killed the body dies, and the spirit leaves, the soul can't be corrupted cause it is not man, its is the fuel that powers the body, man which is the spirit is what have the capacity to be corrupted , even God once said my spirit and man's cannot... (I've forgotten though bit if you are a bible scholar you'll understand what I mean). the devil corrupts the spirit but attacks the soul, the soul is so fragile that if the body is tempered with, it dies, the spirit is kind of immortal that even the devil can not kill it, only God can.
reference to the passages in the Bible that mention soul, spirit and gain understanding

So then, if the Spirit returns to the creator after death, and the body decays, then what happens to the soul?

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by EternalBeing: 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
Brandonx:
How can one accept Christ. I was raised in a Christian home but I grew up and stopped going to church. Now it seems like I'm missing something, I ve done things I'm not very proud of. I can't every say my prayers anymore. I really want to have this relationship with God.
HalleluYAH!!! I congratulate you my brother. You are very wise not to have wallow in contentment of shallow living. I started just like you. Dead men don't hungry, a corpe can never say: I'm hungry. "Your hunger for Holy Spirit means that you are spiritually alive" But devil deceived most of us to think spiritual growth will happen naturally on its own. No growth happens without sincere relentless effort. For biological growth,e w eat food. For mental growth we goto school and read books. But satan deceives and prevents us from seeking the most imporant kind of FOOD and GROWTH that Man needs most. I'll advise you to do what I did when I woke spiritually. Locate any Deeper Life or MFM Church closest to you. Become a regular member of either of them, and attend the weekly program of the other. Within few months, you will become stonger than most attending just one of these 2.

These days many find it difficult to believe when I say I was a chronic ganja addict and a sex addict. To permanently rise above lust and works of the flesh, you be sincere to invest your TIME into feeding your mind with quality spiritual food and preventing your flesh from being empowered. Steer claer of dirty videos, music, magzines etc download and replace them with holy ones. To convert them to audio, just copy and pastor n www.mp3juices.cc or you can downlaod them directly as videos.
Download the follwing and meticuliusly listen to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBMkgIwGFrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPJ--7tHQ2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXQaXmGR7ZA&t=894s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVd5x9W1Xc

Brandonx

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by omoalayo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
Brandonx:
How can one accept Christ. I was raised in a Christian home but I grew up and stopped going to church. Now it seems like I'm missing something, I ve done things I'm not very proud of. I can't every say my prayers anymore. I really want to have this relationship with God.

Just say this prayers after Me..
Lord Jesus.. I come to You to safe me from the lust of this world, from the brokeness of soul and spirit .. from the flesh... take Me and make me a part of your family .. put in Me Your Holy Spirit.. give Me the grace to continually dwell in U and with U...
Thank You Jesus for You have taken Me into Your Kingdom.. thank You for Your awesome Love.. In Jesus Name.. Amen

Now that You are with Jesus in His kingdom.. live to show that You love Him.. because He loves U alot.. keep reading Ur Bible and praying even when U dont feel like..then You grow daily.. also find a Bible believing and Spirit growing Church

U can always contact Me

God bless You bro..
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by MuttleyLaff: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
gradeA:
Thanks for this well detailed and researched comment. Very correct, though man is not just a Spirit.
Man is infact a Spirit, a Soul and a Body at the same time. Your Spirit and your soul has same features of your body. People think the soul is just like an organ or like your heart residing inside your body. If you believe in the trinity, the tripartite form of man is just like a shadow of the Godhead.
I believe in trinity and plus beyond trinity

Read here for more details on my position as regards trinity:
The Law Of God And The Law Of Medes And Persians.
https://www.nairaland.com/5624496/law-god-law-medes-persians#85720239

gradeA:
Remember we were made in His image.

The Soul is like God the Father - It is the seat of willpower, decision making, longings.

The body is a replica of Jesus Christ. Remember He is the visible image of God. Only your body can be seen. The body also carries out the desires of the soul, just as Jesus Christ said my meat is to do the will of the Father.

Your Spirit is like the Holy Spirit. That is why it is your Spirit man that influences and empowers your body
I can swallow this observation and still live after doing just that, lol.

gradeA:
All in all they are same, but distinct no one is greater or more important than the other.

Please note for emphasis sake, by body i mean the broken body and yielded body, and not just a carnal body.
"You heard Me say, ‘I am going away, and I am coming back to you.’
If you loved Me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I.
"
- John 14:28

I am not trying to come across as ungrateful nor am I trying to kick/pour sand stones into your garri, but with the utmost and great respect to you, I beg to differ with your comment that "... no one is greater or more important than the other." Of course I agree without demur with you that God, the Father, the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ are distinct and no one is more important than the other, but I shy from agreeing with you that no one is greater than the other, lol.

Fathers, by default will always be greater than sons. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying sons cant do greater things than fathers, but I am advancing that fathers until their last breath will always be greater than sons. God the Father sent His only begotten Son, in the person of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, so in that respect/context, God the Father is greater than our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, is answerable to God the Father.

Remember that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, is the Word, lol, and even Isaiah 55:11 states that "My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do." Nobi Somebody/Someone who sent our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ on an errand to earth ni, hmm, lol? Jesus afterall, is a Messenger/the Angel, isnt He, lol? (check out John 12:49-50)
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ihutomi:
The most important among them all u need to feed the spirit it controls the physical

What about your.soul. ?
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
kushercain:
Man is a spirit he has a soul and lives in a body. Smoking my kush reading Corinthians.

Raaaaaaaah!!

Actually, man is not a spirit but a soul. The original word for both soul and spirit are same - breathe.

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by gradeA(m): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

If you loved Me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I.
"

I am not trying to come across as ungrateful nor am I trying to kick/pour sand stones into your garri, but with the utmost and great respect to you, I beg to differ that with your comment that "... no one is greater or more important than the other." Of course I agree without demur with you that God, the Father, the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ are distinct and no one is more important than the other, but I shy from agreeing with you that no one is greater than the other, lol.

Fathers, by default will always be greater than sons. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying sons cant do greater things than fathers, but I am advancing that fathers until their last breadth will always be greater than sons. God the Father sent His only begotten Son, in the person of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, so in that respect/context, God the Father is greater than our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, is answerable to God the Father.

Remember that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, is the Word, lol, and even Isaiah 55:11 states that "My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do." Nobi Somebody/Someone who sent our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ on an errand to earth ni, hmm, lol? Jesus afterall, is a Messenger/the Angel, isnt He, lol? (check out John 12:49-50)

Bro I must admit I really appreciate the time, effort, and thouroughness in your posts. They are really enlightening, and I must confess to learning a few things each time I read your posts, however I beg to respectfully differ on some views;

My Lord Jesus Christ is not just a messenger/Angel that was sent on an errand by the father.

I would make a controversial comment now; Jesus Christ could comfortably have refused to come die for us, and there would be no consequences for Him. Just that the world would never have been saved, and perhaps the Father would find another strategy. An angel/ordinary messenger does not have such luxury - check out lucifer.

Remember in revelations, the question was 'who is worthy to take the book and loose the seals? The Father asked; who do we send? Jesus simply offered himself as a lamb to be slain. The Godhead is so much interwoven in love, unity, sacrifice and humility that each Godhead always wants to pass the honour to another. It is because they are all the same; Phil 2 vs 6-8 (paraphrasing; Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God the father, but chose to make himself of no reputation and come in the likeness of man, and submit to death, even the death of the cross).

I tell you please each Godhead wants to give recognition to the other because they are one and same. The bible explains that God(the Father) is very jealous and would never share His worship with another, but this same God says in phil 2 vs 9 &10 that everything both in heaven on earth and beaneath the earth should bow and worship Jesus. This way I would not even be jealous but instead glorified. That shows it is same God.
This same Jesus whom God pass the honour to, remember when he was on earth said I have come to glorify my Father.
The Holy Spirit whom is now with us in His own dispensation still does not come to draw accolades to himself, but instead testifies and witnesses Jesus to us.
The Father then turns around and says grieve not my Spirit, and any sin committed against the father and even the son would be forgiven, but that against the Holy Ghost would never.

Notice the interplay of love, unity and most especially humility here.

My point in all of this is that Jesus chose willingly because of the humility and love to be that messenger and carry on the errand, and not because it was super imposed and forced on him. This does not make Him in anyway lesser.

2 Likes

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by prepresh(f): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
Nice one dear, may God continue to use you to spread His massage in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by prepresh(f): 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
gradeA:

The soul also dies because it cannot survive without the Spirit

So then, if the Spirit returns to the creator after death, and the body decays, then what happens to the soul?
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by gradeA(m): 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
Dear Prepresh, It is the soul of the sinner that dies. The soul of the righteous never dies. And death here is talking about eternal condemnation in hell fire.

The bible says the soul that sinners shall die, meaning the soul of the righteous shall never die.

Shalom.
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by dammypat(f): 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
Brandonx:
. Repent of your sins,stop all those wrong things you do, open up your heart and cry out to God for help, you can start your prayers with not too long sentences,you will improve as you do that continuously, join a church that preaches the true word of God,attend bible study services to help you understand the bible, most importantly always let it be in your heart that you are nothing without God,this will help you to always reach out to him, may God help you.

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Legendguru: 4:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Oh
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by gentlegenius(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
kushercain:

Wrong!

Genesis claims that God created man in his OWN IMAGE to have DOMINION over ALL the earth.
Nothing like equating man to God here. In case you don't know, man is a god meant to Lord over the Earth but because we don't take our rightful place cos of sin nature and many other things.
So don't be mislead okay?

Na wa o. Now who is being ignorant.

Actually, God created man in his own image, but that doesn't mean Man is a Spirit just like God is a Spirit. MAN IS A SOUL, HE HAS A SPIRIT AND LIVES IN A BODY. The Spirit was given to man through that breath of life. When something is given to you, then you HAVE it, but you ARE NOT it. Man has a spirit because it was given to him, but Man IS NOT a Spirit.
Having the same image of God means that man was created in the same tripartite nature just like God. God's image is FATHER, SON & HOLY SPIRIT while Man's image is BODY, SOUL & SPIRIT. Since you will be right to address any of these 3 'persons' of Godhead as God, you are also right to address any of these 3 components of the human nature as Man.
On this ground, You are right to call Man a Spirit, it is also right to call Man a soul, and even a body. But if we must choose one of the components that best describes who we are, then it is THE SOUL.
The bible says "The soul that sins shall die". Since man is a soul that commits sins, that's why we die. Remember that Spirit beings don't die. If man is truly a Spirit, WHY DO WE DIE? Death is only meant for the soul, not the Spirit. God is a Spirit, that's why he will never die. Man is a Soul, that's why you will die. You will only be a Spirit after your death, when your body and soul dies and your Spirit returns alive to God to live permanently in heaven or in hell.
I have shown you scriptures that directly support the fact that man is a (living) soul. You haven't shown me any scripture that says Man is a spirit.
I won't argue this matter with you any further, because with all that I explained above, I expect you to also use your COMMON SENSE.

2 Likes

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
gentlegenius:

Actually, God created man in his own image, but that doesn't mean Man is a Spirit just like God is a Spirit. MAN IS A SOUL, HE HAS A SPIRIT AND LIVES IN A BODY. The Spirit was given to man through that breath of life. When something is given to you, then you HAVE it, but you ARE NOT it. Man has a spirit because it was given to him, but Man IS NOT a Spirit.
Having the same image of God means that man was created in the same tripartite nature just like God. God's image is FATHER, SON & HOLY SPIRIT while Man's image is BODY, SOUL & SPIRIT. Since you will be right to address any of these 3 'persons' of Godhead as God, you are also right to address any of these 3 components of the human nature as Man.
On this ground, You are right to call Man a Spirit, it is also right to call Man a soul, and even a body. But if we must choose one of the components that best describes who we are, then it is THE SOUL.
The bible says "The soul that sins shall die". Since man is a soul that commits sins, that's why we die. Remember that Spirit beings don't die. If man is truly a Spirit, WHY DO WE DIE? Death is only meant for the soul, not the Spirit. God is a Spirit, that's why he will never die. Man is a Soul, that's why you will die. You will only be a Spirit after your death, when your body and soul dies and your Spirit returns alive to God to live permanently in heaven or in hell.
I have shown you scriptures that directly support the fact that man is a (living) soul. You haven't shown me any scripture that says Man is a spirit.
I won't argue this matter with you any further, because with all that I explained above, I expect you to also use your COMMON SENSE.
Man is a spirit(being) who has a body and soul,the soul only dies if you lived your earthly life gratifying the flesh.It is either you are living to pleasure your flesh(body) or you living to pleasure your soul(heart),your inner feelings devoid of sensual pleasure.When the bible tells us to live in the spirit,it implies living to fulfill or pleasure the soul(the part that has a feeling but cannot be seen)
Fulfillment is to the soul what dissatisfaction is to the flesh(can't get enough of money,sex,drugs etc)
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by davidkingrichie(m): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
I tuned off when you mentioned the Quran. The Quran is a book written by a 19th century idiot caravan trader who wanted to feel important because his suicidal self couldn't succeed at killing himself.

In the Quran, satan(iblis) is not a fallen angel, but a djinn. A being created from fire similar to human in mortality, but lives a lot longer.

If you want people to take you seriously, don't quote the Quran with the Bible. Use either the Quran or the Bible, because both books contradicts each other.
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Brandonx:
Accepting Christ is About living in the spirit(living to pleasure your soul and not your body),neither is it about being religious(church going or how often you fast and pray)
Believe me,the devil is more afraid of that atheist that wants to stop doing drugs,fornication,masturbation,fraud than a church goer.In fact the devil doesn't mind escorting you to church,but when you want to stop living in the flesh,he is in jeopardy.
It is very easy to be religious,but very hard to deny the flesh(pleasuring your body).
True worship to God is you taming your flesh and not about whether you go to church or not.

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Dohgon(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Dont Be Afraid of Death, Life Reincarnates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMKRjf1QbA
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by AI007(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
gradeA:

please take your time to read:
first of let's get this right: since its between the spirit and the soul, one of the difference immortality, which can only be changes by God, when the angels of God had intercourse with the daughters of men, they brought forth giants that died in the flood, their spirit became demons, now for a spirit to posses a body it needs to suppress the inhabited spirit to take possession, after the possession its no longer that person but another person, and you see the body exhibiting new behaviors, so spirit are actually personalities not a fuel for the body as the op said, according to 1 cor 15:45 when the spirit of God dwells in you its no longer you, its now God, cause your spirit is entwined with God, and you exhibit a behaviour different from before cause a new personality is in you.
coming back to our bone of contention
now if you study the Bible closely you will find out that the soul is always threatened or destroyed even by a mere man, and whenever the Bible mention soul its saying it in context to the body, that is to say soul is the body, or simply put soul is life, I have numerous portions concerning the soul and it fit just as the life force of the body. unlike the spirit a soul dies josh 11:11,35,37,39 job 33:22 ps7:2, ps22:20 ps35:4 mk14:34. bro there are lots of passage to prove that the soul is just a life force not a personality (man), what remains after death is the spirit, the soul already lived it purpose. angels are pure spirits, man is spirit soul and body, with the spirit as the only permanent among the trio. as I states earlier the soul is so fragile always looking to sustain and please itself(body) deut. 12:15, when the soul dies, the body no longer lives, prompting the spirit to leave, read your Bible you won't see the scripture referencing the spirit as can be killed, but you will see the soul.
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by murmee: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
EternalBeing:
We really thank HOLY SPIRIT for the testimonies of what HE has used these threads to reveal to many here. I was shocked at the answers initially given by many when I created a thread titled "What is the Purpose of Man on Earth? What is your Purpose on Earth?" Many answered by saying they were amazed that they've never even given that a thought before that day, so, they didn't really know. But by the end of the thread, we've all learned the Purpose and became better beings.

Human being Created by YAHWEH ALMIGHTY can be compared to robot manufactured by man.
The only major difference is that ALMIGHTY gave humans free will to choose whether to be resurrected to live forever or to permanently die, unlike robots that don't have any free will. The man-robot comparison in this post would help us to better understand the tripartite nature of Man as Spirit, Soul and Body. A Man is essentially a Soul, we shall see below.
To understand the 3 components that makes a man, we compare them to the 3 components that makes a robotic computer.

*The physical Hardware is similar to man's physical body. The probability that the robot or computer would still function well even when the mouse or keyboard is faulty is still high. So, loosing a leg, hand, or eyes still don't prevent a human from discovering and fulfilling his glorious Destiny in accordance to the Will of his CREATOR.

*The Software on which the robot runs is similar to the human Soul. The software is the determinant of how well the robot works. It would determine if the computer would excellently perform the task for which it was manufactured or not. I once had my computer system paralyzed by virus infested software, it was an experience far from being pleasant. Just as hackers infect our computers, Satan have put things in place to infect, hijack or worse still, to permanently kill human Soul. he hates the Truth that Man, who was created from mere clay, has been given the ability to choose to live forever. So, he works tirelessly to deceive and prevent humans from earning that very primary right to Immortality that we were put here to receive. The Soul is a very important part of Man because once hijacked by Satan, he uses the persons body to further hijack, corrupt or destroy other humans, and finally destroy the used human that yielded to be his tools for the sake of fame, power and money. Satan does NOT and can never love any human being. He hates all human being with perfect hatred. As the Bible and Quran confirms, Man was granted the highly exulted position that he coveted, demanded and fought YAHWEH ALMIGHTY the Creator of all for. So, those that go to bow to him for one thing or the other are only being deceived with fake love, so that he can destroy them after using them to destroy other humans.

*The Electricity that powers the robot is very much like the Spirit that YAHWEH ALMIGHTY breathe into Man to give us life. When this leaves, Man dies. This is why when a human dies, the falsely flourishing physical pompous body that some labor all their lives to build and excessively nourish to the point of indirectly eating other human flesh and drinking fellow human blood, begins the process of decaying immediately. YAHWEH ALMIGHTY GOD is essentially a SPIRIT, the source of all other Spirits and the CREATOR of all things. That is why HE is called the omnipresent God. The more of HIS Will you do, the more Life comes into your spirit to build your Soul like a software that has been programmed to replicate itself and grow until your Soul grows into full stature of Christ (Ephesians 4:13) and become undefeatable by the adversary.

Out of these 3, the major one that we humans should be most concerned about is the Soul. Proverbs 4:23 "Guard your heart (seat of soul) with all diligence, for from it proceed the issues of Life" Satan has set so much traps to capture the hearts of men. Be very intentionally selective of the kind of videos you watch, music you listen to, things you read, etc.
New International Version Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

It quite unfortunate that many have been deceived to concentrate more on developing, nourishing and excessively focusing all their energy on caring for their body at the expense of the development of their eternal Soul. Consequently, the Soul becomes dwarfed while the physical body that shall soon be dead and eaten up by worms gives false appearance of flourishing.

Anyone that puts his trust in a herbalist, pastor, alfa, marabouts, satan or demons, instead of being irreversibly determined to please his CREATOR and receive the awaiting reward of immortality, does not know the great opportunity that his great CREATOR has granted him. If your eyes is opens to your true worth as human being, no amount of money, material wealth fame and glory of the ephemeral World would be able to buy your unjustifiably precious eternal Soul.

Jeremiah 17:5 "Thus said the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm"
Accept JESUS into your life today, and HE shall grant your the Holy Spirit that would lead you in walking and doing only the things that makes your eternal Soul to grow into full statue of Christ and become eligible for resurrection into your glorious eternity. Your CREATOR's plan is to make you great in this current Life and still reward you with immortality if you don't allow the trials of this World and temptations of Satan to turn you against your great CREATOR. May we wisely live and overcome to earn immorality in JESUS Name. By focusing on being Holy, you shall control the Power controlling this World, don't let this World control you!
Beautiful and Great article!

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by MuttleyLaff: 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
gradeA:
Bro I must admit I really appreciate the time, effort, and thouroughness in your posts. They are really enlightening, and I must confess to learning a few things each time I read your posts, however I beg to respectfully differ on some views;
Nonsense, dont worry about differing. Sebi, you'll lay down your stick on the ground and I'll counter lay down my stick too just besides yours, then we'll both see and find out which of the two sticks, is crooked annd which is straight, lol.

gradeA:
My Lord Jesus Christ is not just a messenger/Angel that was sent on an errand by the father.
gradeA, if you go back to my post, and carefully re-read it, you'll notice that as opposed to using "an angel" and I actually tactfully typed "the Angel" in my comment. Two important things you want to strongly take important notice of are the words "the" and " Angel" I used capitalised "A" in the word "angel" and not lowercase "a"

Every celestial/cherubim/seraphim beings are created and potentially are angels, as in, using the true meaning of the word angelos/malak (i.e. angel from English, to translation in Greek/Hebrew) can be sent with a message, hence be messengers. There are also human beings who can be angels/angelos/malak (i.e. Haggai 1:13 etcetera) Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, unlike them celestial/cherubim/seraphim beings or even human beings, is not a created being, hence why our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is "the Angel" Now, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, aside from being a divine Messenger sent from heaven, by God (i.e. John 6:38, John 7:29, John 8:18 and 42 etcetera), He already has, as a the Angel" made appearances on earth. The “the” and the capitalised first letter "A", is used, to denote a unique being, separate from other angels. For sure, this is not your run off the mill, common, everyday, ordinary and usual angel, lol.

gradeA:
I would make a controversial comment now; Jesus Christ could comfortably have refused to come die for us, and there would be no consequences for Him. Just that the world would never have been saved, and perhaps the Father would find another strategy. An angel/ordinary messenger does not have such luxury - check out lucifer.
Is that what you call controversial, huh? You could have knocked me over with a feather and here was I bracing myself for a shock, only to get this belly tickling, lol.

I am sure, we both agree that God is Omniscient and Omnipotent, let me throw in Omnipresent, since you seem to like the trinity ring to things, lol, but I am particularly interested in the Omniscience and Omnipotence of God. Omniscience, as in meaning, God knows everything, as in God know the end of a matter before its beginning, lol and Omnipotence, as in meaning, God has unlimited power to do whatever He decides and/or put His mind to, lol. God threw this thing out in the open. He gave the first call to everyone. He asked who will step in the gap. He asked whether anyone would want to step in the gap, but, lol, of course, no one was prepared to be subjected to the extreme cruelty, brutality and/or barbarity of man.

I dont blame any of them for baulking. Most people dont all appreciate and/or understand the gravity and extent of the suffering Jesus went through at the hands of deliberately cruel, grudge-bearing, vindinctice baying for blood people. Jesus had His beard plucked from His face as He was lead to His death at calvary. Jesus was so much and that much beaten, the bible said, to the extent He was unrecognisable. The bible said because of the immense torture Jesus was subjected to, people recoiled from looking at Him, because of the shock of seeing the awful, horrific and appalling state of Him. Anyway to cut a long story short, God put Himself forward, this even before creation, lol, then slowly but steadily, God found Abram/Abraham, to work with, fast track 4000 years later, He appeared on earth to be Emmanuel, God with us, in the person of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and 2000 years after, its History, His Story, and we are still counting.

gradeA:
Remember in revelations, the question was 'who is worthy to take the book and loose the seals? The Father asked; who do we send? Jesus simply offered himself as a lamb to be slain
Correction, God offered Himself, lol. I am sorry, I am messing up your theology, I know, I know that.

gradeA:
The Godhead is so much interwoven in love, unity, sacrifice and humility that each Godhead always wants to pass the honour to another. It is because they are all the same; Phil 2 vs 6-8 (paraphrasing; Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God the Father, but chose to make Himself of no reputation and come in the likeness of man, and submit to death, even the death of the cross)
1/ Do you, at all love your body, love yourself gradeA, lol?
2/ Would you unjustifiably and/or deliberately harm yourself?
3/ Would you get rid of something, hmm, maybe like sacrifice a part of your body, so simply just that the rest of your body be free of this defective part of your body, thats useless and inconveniencing you, hmm?
4/ Would you, where its possible to be replaced, exchange any part of your body, thats defective, with a new one, hmm?

gradeA:
I tell you please each Godhead wants to give recognition to the other because they are one and same. The bible explains that God (the Father) is very jealous and would never share His worship with another, but this same God says in phil 2 vs 9 &10 that everything both in heaven on earth and beaneath the earth should bow and worship Jesus. This way I would not even be jealous but instead glorified. That shows it is same God.
Of course, it is the same God. Are you aware that your body jealously will reject foreigns, as in meaning, reject things that didn't originally belong in the body? Do you see the jealousy correlation there

gradeA:
This same Jesus whom God pass the honour to, remember when He was on earth said I have come to glorify my Father.
gradeA, let's jump into the car and have a quick scenic route drive, eh. Mind you, it could turn out to be a bumpy ride, so be advanced warned, lol.
1/ Do you think it is impossible for God to be in two places at the same time?
2/ Do you think it is something hard for God, to be in Heaven and be on earth at the same time, for at least 331/2 years, lol?
3/ Please tell, at what time, did God become God, the Father?

gradeA:
The Holy Spirit whom is now with us in His own dispensation still does not come to draw accolades to Himself, but instead testifies and witnesses Jesus to us.
The Father then turns around and says grieve not my Spirit, and any sin committed against the Father and even the son would be forgiven, but that against the Holy Ghost would never.

Notice the interplay of love, unity and most especially humility here.

My point in all of this is that Jesus chose willingly because of the humility and love to be that messenger and carry on the errand, and not because it was super imposed and forced on him. This does not make Him in anyway lesser.
No one has said anything about anyone being lesser. The three are all equal, but have you forgotten it was same you, who earlier made reference to Philippians 2:6-8, in where it states that though our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Himself was like God in everything, but He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Of course, there should be love, unity and most especially humility here. Isnt God love ni? Were you expect the apple to fall far away from the tree ni?
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by MuttleyLaff: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
gradeA, please I dont want to reinvent the wheel, so please read the below weblink, to get up to speed, on what I call God's DIY Project (i.e. God's Do-It-Yourself Project)
https://www.nairaland.com/5624496/law-god-law-medes-persians/1#85752009
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by gentlegenius(m): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
emddi:
Man is a spirit(being) who has a body and soul,the soul only dies if you lived your earthly life gratifying the flesh.It is either you are living to pleasure your flesh(body) or you living to pleasure your soul(heart),your inner feelings devoid of sensual pleasure.When the bible tells us to live in the spirit,it implies living to fulfill or pleasure the soul(the part that has a feeling but cannot be seen)
Fulfillment is to the soul what dissatisfaction is to the flesh(can't get enough of money,sex,drugs etc)
I am still struggling to understand what you are saying here.
Anyway, ENOUGH OF THE ARGUMENT!
You are free to believe whatever you choose, but allow me to also retain my own believe.
Goodbye!

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Oxalic(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
gentlegenius:

I am still struggling to understand what you are saying here.
Anyway, ENOUGH OF THE ARGUMENT!
You are free to believe whatever you choose, but allow me to also retain my own believe.
Goodbye!
If you understood what Jesus meant When he said "The spirit gives life,the flesh profited nothing",and "what does it profits a man if he gains the whole world and lose his soul",then I'm ok.Bye as well.
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by okosunehis: 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
EternalBeing:

I really appreciate your effort in shedding light on this matter. I have attempted same on different occasions, of course with different levels of success. There are areas where my understanding of the tripartite nature of man converges with yours, but areas that are not in agreement as well. Allow me to expatiate.

1. First of all, and I am sure you will agree, a robot does not have life. It runs on electric power (which is like the spirit, for you) but life as we can draw from the Bible would also possess the ability of free choice (like you elaborated on) and the ability to reproduce. I'm stating these just for the the benefit of those who might jump into such wrong conclusion.

2. Your understanding of what the terms soul and spirit mean and mine are basically opposite. I believe soul to be the life power that man lives on and spirit to be the power of intelligence. My reasons are;

a) When God wants to boost man's "intelligence" for purposes that He has deemed necessary, he does not connect to man via the soul (according to you, our intelligence) but through the spirit, man's spirit (which for me is man's incorporeal seat of intelligence). Job 8:32 comes to mind; "But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding."
b) Likewise, God's own inherent power that connects to the spirit of man is also called the Holy Spirit, not the Holy Soul. Please consider this scripture, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Spirit which dwelleth in us." - 2 Timothy 1:7, 13, 14

3. When men of God became possessed by the Holy Spirit, it did not endow them with a more transcendent power of life. They did not become immortals. That tells you that the spirit of man, which is empowered by the Spirit of God, is not man's power of life, but of intelligence.

4.. In some notable texts where Christ talked about the soul, the word is synonymous with life.
- And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)
- For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Mark 8:36)
There are also Old Testament verses I can refer to but I believe the words of Christ hold the most relevance.

5. When it comes to the usage of words like soul, spirit, life, heart, blood, etc. in the Bible, especially in the Old Testament, we must appreciate that it is sometimes figurative. The greatest commandment of "loving God with all our heart" for example is obviously figurative as we know that the heart is not the part of the human body that holds our emotions. This would account for a lot of the ambiguity in the usage of these words which should take nothing away from their proper usage.

6. Though the three words body, soul and spirit can be used correctly to refer to a person, we must appreciate that it literally means that man HAS a body, a soul and a spirit. The absence of any one of the three components means that man is dead. If you burn a living human body, it loses its soul and spirit and is therefore dead. The state of Adam's body before God breathed the breath of life into it was dead. It was the breath of life that made Adam a "living soul", more properly translated a "living being".

I would love to expatiate further but I'll stop here for now because of time and for the fact that there already are many similarities in our understanding of this subject. Thanks
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by okosunehis: 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Brandonx:

I found this very touching, hence my response. First of all, you must realize that what is happening to you is quite normal. The fact that you were born into a Christian home does not make you a born again Christian. Whether someone is born by Christian parents or not, it does not change the fact that knowing and accepting Jesus Christ as our Saviour can only be processed from a certain age, maybe from one's late teens.

The fact that you yearn to establish a relationship with God is a wonderful thing. It doesn't matter whatever you done that you're not proud of. What matters is that you are ready to repent of them. Don't kill yourself with guilt, it is part of the burden that Christ is ready to bear for you, only if you will allow him. Don't run away from prayers, it is one of the Devil's ploy to estrange us from our maker. Kneel before God with a contrite heart, worship Him, thank Him for His grace and His mercies, then confess and repent. Gradually, you will reconnect to God and His word will begin to find a place in your heart.

1 Like

Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by mrZENographer: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
There's only one thing I figured I disagree with here.

Your Bible version recommendation which is possibly adulterated.

Example compare it to KJV reading this scripture verse "1 John 5:7"
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"

I am not trying to come across as ungrateful nor am I trying to kick/pour sand stones into your garri, but with the utmost and great respect to you, I beg to differ with your comment that "... no one is greater or more important than the other." Of course I agree without demur with you that God, the Father, the Holy Spirit and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ are distinct and no one is more important than the other, but I shy from agreeing with you that no one is greater than the other, lol.

Fathers, by default will always be greater than sons. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying sons cant do greater things than fathers, but I am advancing that fathers until their last breath will always be greater than sons. God the Father sent His only begotten Son, in the person of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, so in that respect/context, God the Father is greater than our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, is answerable to God the Father.

It's so sad, the church never told you about the Nicene creed?
The arian controversy?

The trinity was just someone's Idea.lol
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by LordShiva97(m): 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
Pacesetter123:
Sharaaap, don't you know that today is Sunday?

I know, I just don't see Islamic sermons here on Fridays or Jewish sermons on Saturdays.
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by okosunehis: 11:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
mrZENographer:
There's only one thing I figured I disagree with here.

Your Bible version recommendation which is possibly adulterated.

Example compare it to KJV reading this scripture verse "1 John 5:7"

Sorry, 1 John 5:7 is a heavily mistranslated verse in KJV. Trinitarian translators only tried to give the man-made doctrine called Trinity some Biblical authority by translating this verse wrongly. Compare it with many other versions and you'll understand.

New International Version
- For there are three that testify:

New Living Translation
- So we have these three witnesses—

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
- For there are three bearing testimony:

New American Standard Bible

New King James Version
- For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

King James Bible
- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
- In fact, there are three who tell about it.

Good News Translation
- There are three witnesses:

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
- For there are three witnesses —

NET Bible
- For there are three that testify,

New Heart English Bible
- For there are three who testify:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
- And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

Etc, etc.

The link below might also be of help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Historical_Account_of_Two_Notable_Corruptions_of_Scripture
Re: Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept by MuttleyLaff: 11:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
maynia:
It's so sad, the church never told you about the Nicene creed?
The arian controversy?
The trinity was just someone's Idea.lol
Why do you involve me in your trinity mention, erhn?
I can bet my bottom dollar that you'll begin stammering and chopping teeth, if I should ask you to detail what the Arian controversy is and what it has to do with you mentioning MuttleyLaff together with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Cursed God / Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church / Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.