Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi (20423 Views)

Obidients: Which Path, Civility Or Toxicity? - Amaka Ogunjobi / Peter Obi Supporters Should Act Like Peter Obi In Behaviour - Amaka Ogunjobi / John Ogunjobi Stabbed To Death In London. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by tot(f): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2019
jpmoriarti:
Who determines what is fair and equitable? Do you think that other foreign countries are all interested in which region a particular officer holder comes from? Our sheer hatred for each other in this country will continue to keep us divided in ethnic lines. Lack of love has polarized this God-forsaken country. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nigeria is a MULTI ETHNIC country unlike many foreign countries which share the same language and culture. Which is why the federal character principle is necessary for such a nation to exist in unity and peace. You cannot preach about love whilst ignoring fairness. Such love is a sham.

For your reference:
The “federal character” principle, which has been enshrined in Nigeria's Constitution since 1979, seeks to ensure that appointments to public service institutions fairly reflect the linguistic, ethnic, religious, and geographic diversity of the country

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Guyman02: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2019
Sirjamo:
Absolute nonsense! Obasanjo was there for 8 years, he did not bring any development worth 1 million dollars to the whole of southern Nigeria. GEJ was there for 6 years, what did he do for us aside the paper sketch of the second Niger bridge?

Buhari might be nepotistic but he has done far more for the south than all the three Presidents that preceded him.

He can pick all his appointees from Daura, I don't care, so long they don't take all developments to the north.

Yoloba Muslim response cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Staro: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2019
Yeye dey smell
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by iani5050: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2019
I don't know why all this noise. Mr integrity is selecting people who are competent and corrupt free. If you know, you know!

E no be for my mouth una go hear otherwise.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by IYANGBALI: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Good that people are beginning to speak out
speak out to a deaf and dumb man
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by dejol88: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2019
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” Read more quotes from Martin Luther King Jr.

After 2015 elections, igbo where described as 5% you cheered them

Python dance killing igbos you cheered them. Forgetting that SARS is also killing your own in SW .

Appointment was distributed among mainly hausa fulani and yoruba ethnic groups but SS & SE were marginally appointed . You praised them.

At the national assembly , when leaders are been elected , no igbo was considered .You cheered them on.

Now we are alerting our fellow country men about the activities of the check points going to the east , everyone kept mute .
Southern nigeria should have sense

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by GreyLaw(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
Sirjamo:
Absolute nonsense! Obasanjo was there for 8 years, he did not bring any development worth 1 million dollars to the whole of southern Nigeria. GEJ was there for 6 years, what did he do for us aside the paper sketch of the second Niger bridge?

Buhari might be nepotistic but he has done far more for the south than all the three Presidents that preceded him.

He can pick all his appointees from Daura, I don't care, so long they don't take all developments to the north.

Childish reasoning! I don't expect you to ever get wise as long as you keep supporting Buhari.

No sane person EVER casts his vote for a coup plotter who upended a democratically elected government. IBB and co can be forgiven for overthrowing fellow military regimes but to overthrow a duly elected civilian government is unforgivable.

I did not vote for Jonathan, but I was not foolish and shortsighted enough to vote for a hypocritical, wicked and vindictive dictator.

Each time I read your comments on NL I shake my head, not in disbelief, but in pity.

Buhari has done more for the South than the entire three presidents that preceeded him? That is a lie! But I know Buhari's apologists to be liars. Go ahead and keep talking what is beyond you probably because you are benefiting from the government.
Shameless Nigerian!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by snowball11(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2019
Sirjamo:

Sorry,.....................................and someone said, "this thing get sense?"

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by GreyLaw(m): 10:35am On Dec 16, 2019
Jflex07:
Aptly written bro.. Tribalism is the bane of Nigeria,nobody is talking about performance here but tribe..

I pity some of you. People are talking of tribe, right? But Buhari appoints only his kinsmen to all major positions and you don't see it as tribalism and nepotism?

When Southerners try to point the President in the right direction, some of you say it is tribalism; when the president keeps appointing only Northerners to key positions you say it is competence.

Some of you are like the proverbial fly that follows the carcass into the grave. Don't worry, gradually you will become wise.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Enemyofpeace: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2019
Sirjamo:
[s]Absolute nonsense! Obasanjo was there for 8 years, he did not bring any development worth 1 million dollars to the whole of southern Nigeria. GEJ was there for 6 years, what did he do for us aside the paper sketch of the second Niger bridge?

He can pick all his appointees from Daura, I don't care, so long they don't take all developments to the north.[/s]

bros I dey sell brain o, although na second hand brain from cotonou but e still dey work well well and e go fit you

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by GreyLaw(m): 10:38am On Dec 16, 2019
SoNature:

Stop being dramatic because God will judge everyone.

I think you people are making a mountain out of a molehill just to give the impression that you saw tomorrow.

People change; the only problem with Buhari is that he has refused to change

However, that doesn't mean it is too late for Buhari to right his wrong

Yes, some people saw tomorrow. So people voted Buhari to see if he would change on the job, right? Who sees crass incompetence and hands his company over to it? Nobody votes a criminal or thief or a wicked fellow hoping he would change. Imagine hoping with the life of 200million Nigerians!

Who in his right mind votes a man who upended a democratically elected government? Who?!? I'm trying really hard understand some of you.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2019
anonimi:

If Customs is performing, please why are some borders closed?
Customs closed the borders and it is impacting positively on economy and higher revenues
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Burruchaga71(m): 11:08am On Dec 16, 2019
Glorymax:
The North knows that Nigeria will not remain as a single nation, so the ruling Cabal will employ everything to their advantage as long as it last.
However, they're not achieving this without the collaboration of selfish Southerners. Even the fake constitution we are operating with is not being followed as proscribed, like the federal character pointed out in appointments.
Do Southerners have representatives at the national assembly? The answer is capital no, with respect to few individuals whose voices cannot echo louder to make the required impact. Hence, they have all failed.
In all, I say to my Southern brethren; enjoy your rest and sleep on, it's not yet time to say Good Morning
. You said it all
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Jflex07(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2019
GreyLaw:

I pity some of you. People are talking of tribe, right? But Buhari appoints only his kinsmen to all major positions and you don't see it as tribalism and nepotism?

When Southerners try to point the President in the right direction, some of you say it is tribalism; when the president keeps appointing only Northerners to key positions you say it is competence.

Some of you are like the proverbial fly that follows the carcass into the grave. Don't worry, gradually you will become wise.
I never disputed the fact that Buhari is the chief tribalist. I only pointed to the fact that it is a menace that almost every one is engulfed in.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Burruchaga71(m): 11:11am On Dec 16, 2019
Sirjamo:

. Onyeara
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 16, 2019
Sirjamo:

Ok begin to name buhari so call development?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Klington: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
id911:
Imagine in Customs, the 3 most senior officers were Southerners and the most senior one was from Bayelsa, Buhari left them and went to appoint a retired Army man from the North to head Customs. In National Intelligence Agency, NIA, a Yoruba man had issues, he was removed but rather than appoint the next most senior person, a Northerner who failed promotion exams 3 times and was retired from NIA as a consequence was brought back and is currently heading the NIA. Same thing happened in SSS and a lot of other agencies. Finance Ministry nkor?!

When some of us saw this from the beginning and raised objections, we were told to shut up that Buhari can only work with those he knows and trust. We were called wailers that don't mean well for Nigeria. So, what has suddenly changed? May God punish anyone who would want to now start complaining about Buhari's appointments

SECONDED!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by meccuno: 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
Glorymax:

They're actually locking up but they better retract their steps.
The new presidential order granting all Africans to visit Nigeria visa free and process on entry has been described as a ploy to give Fulanis specifically, free access to Nigeria. They're doing all according to their agenda.
Well, when the music starts, we all will dance.
They always believe that they are ready for violence. But what they don't know is that even if they win this war they are always threatening people with,Nigeria would never remain the same again. And we would be sustained with the spilling of blood until we go our seperate ways no matter how long it takes. South Sudan is a classic example. Every one has his elastic limits. When reached you can never tell the level of babarism that would be exibited
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by TerrorSquad147: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

na turn by turn

with the rate Buhari is going, should power change hands omo North go watch film for a long time as everyone now knows how to be self serving

Hate speech angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by seangy4konji: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
The level of bigotry of buhari has no bound...haaa only someone deaf and blind can not are that he is one of th e heartlesspeolle on earth...

If anything is working for you then just know it is by grace of God...you can't just tell me that both old and young that turned to bad vices to survive is because of greeeibess.. There is mood and basic to survive. Am telling g you..people need to survive at least when they are still alive...

Nothing everywhere..you can to rind extremely amarness and jungle IQ to survive..

May God help Nigeria..if I leave again now,I am not coming back..
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Glorymax: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2019
meccuno:
They always believe that they are ready for violence. But what they don't know is that even if they win this war they are always threatening people with,Nigeria would never remain the same again. And we would be sustained with the spilling of blood until we go our seperate ways no matter how long it takes. South Sudan is a classic example. Every one has his elastic limits. When reached you can never tell the level of babarism that would be exibited

Indeed that's their taught but they aren't winning an inch when it's fully blown. They're preparing their own annihilation and hatred for the poor citizens from that region with those nepotic taughts.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by meccuno: 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
Glorymax:

Indeed that's their taught but they aren't winning an inch when it's fully blown. They're preparing their own annihilation and hatred for the poor citizens from that region with those nepotic taughts.
it's loose loose situation.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Glorymax: 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
Burruchaga71:
. You said it all

Welcome dear, thanks
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
GenBuhari:

What some people call nepotism others like me see as hiring people you know and trust who can deliver.

Customs is performing.

All his appointments are constitutional and if it is gonna bring result, I don't care if Buhari hire only his relations.

Does Nigeria seem like a performing country to you?
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Why is everyone blaming Buhari?

As the Executive, he can appoint anyone he wants. It is the job of the Legislative and Judiciary to check his excesses. Blame these two for letting Buhari make mockery of democracy. The three arms of government in a democracy is meant to checkmate one another to eschew abuse. But as always, get the noblest of ideas and hand it over to Nigerians, they will find ways to mess it up.

Did you notice how the Judiciary and Legislative arms of government are putting pressure on Trump? We claim to copy American-style of democracy but it is all fugazi.

/
When executive is appointing, they need to consider federal character as stated in the constitution. Of what use is Nigeria if the president can't obey the constitution.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
charliboy654:

Does Nigeria seem like a performing country to you?
Decades of non-performance cannot be fixed overnight.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2019
GenBuhari:
Decades of non-performance cannot be fixed overnight.
The truth is nigeria is retrogressing. Remember this is buhari second tenure, we dont need to wait eight yrs b4 judging his performance.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
GenBuhari:

What some people call nepotism others like me see as hiring people you know and trust who can deliver.

Customs is performing.

All his appointments are constitutional and if it is gonna bring result, I don't care if Buhari hire only his relations.

Custom is performing

https://www.nairaland.com/5583782/border-closure-customs-loses-battle#84949829
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by InvertedHammer: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
charliboy654:

When executive is appointing, they need to consider federal character as stated in the constitution. Of what use is Nigeria if the president can't obey the constitution.
/
If everyone (in this case the President) will be upright, the 3 arms wouldn't be necessary in sharing power. Some people are proactive and find preemptive solutions to potential problems. The people who came up with democracy saw the potential for abuse and founded neutralizing solution. In other words, they planned ahead. Nigeria is not practicing democracy. Most people in Nigeria seem to believe that democracy ends with voting.
/
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Legendguru: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by theoneJabulani(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=AwkaetitiBabe post=84949332]
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2019
id911:
Imagine in Customs, the 3 most senior officers were Southerners and the most senior one was from Bayelsa, Buhari left them and went to appoint a retired Army man from the North to head Customs. In National Intelligence Agency, NIA, a Yoruba man had issues, he was removed but rather than appoint the next most senior person, a Northerner who failed promotion exams 3 times and was retired from NIA as a consequence was brought back and is currently heading the NIA. Same thing happened in SSS and a lot of other agencies. Finance Ministry nkor?!

When some of us saw this from the beginning and raised objections, we were told to shut up that Buhari can only work with those he knows and trust. We were called wailers that don't mean well for Nigeria. So, what has suddenly changed? May God punish anyone who would want to now start complaining about Buhari's appointments

Why should God punish anyone for complaining later. It is called learning. Some people need more details to make their position or change their minds. That does not call for punishment from God.

Na wa for people like you. Why complain in the first place, if you call God to punish those who later accept you are right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Moghalu To IPOB "Your Tactics Are Harming Igbos Greatly" / Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha / Hadiza Bala Usman And President Buhari All Smiles (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.