Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,151 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife (81892 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo And Chanel Chin Throw Jabs At Each Other / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi Buys Innoson G-wagon For 2nd Coronation Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by tonysunkan: 5:29am On Dec 16, 2019
It is a surprise the marriage lasted this long. Jamaican babes are very restless and not very conventional.

1 Like

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by alexola20(m): 5:33am On Dec 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Philadelphia: 5:53am On Dec 16, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
After you don chop the PUNA finish, you come divorce her...... That's what mostly Muslim men do.... He will marry a much more younger girl next year and tear the PUNA for like 3yeasr then divorce her........ That's how the cycle goes

I knew I'd see this comment.
Trust me, nlers no dey disappoint.
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Philadelphia: 5:54am On Dec 16, 2019
DaudaAbu:

How many have you smashed and divorced without even marrying. Without bride price or anything

Smashed? shocked

Bros, na hulk him be? Abi na Thor hammer him dey use knack am?
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by dammylooksmart(m): 5:57am On Dec 16, 2019
End time king

1 Like

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Philadelphia: 5:59am On Dec 16, 2019
Godwin2am:
will she remain in Nigeria after this divorce?

See question... How can we know the answer to give?
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Philadelphia: 6:01am On Dec 16, 2019
segebase:
This oba self de enjoy Intl toto

Chai!
What's the difference between intl and natl for this matter nau?
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Godwin2am(m): 6:16am On Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia:

See question... How can we know the answer to give?
yes or no dey pain you to write? bleep off
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by segebase(m): 6:22am On Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia:

Chai!
What's the difference between intl and natl for this matter nau?

Guess u never do am.....thank mi later
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Skmoda360(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2019
aalangel:
She was tired of nonsense.
Will you keep quiet Mr woman grin
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Philadelphia: 6:28am On Dec 16, 2019
Godwin2am:

yes or no dey pain you to write? bleep off

Your brain dey pain you shey?
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by ResidentSlut(f): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2019
Why do we care?
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by ResidentSlut(f): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2019
aalangel:
She was tired of nonsense.
probably

1 Like

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Daboomb: 6:33am On Dec 16, 2019
kolafolabi:
Oluwo of Iwo is the most controversial King in Yoruba Land and Nigeria at large.

Dont use the word "controversial"!
That Oluwo of a boy is a most silly, randy and useless personae to mount the Traditional stool of Oba.
Monarchy in Yorubaland has gone to the Dogs, just look at the calibre of fools that are mounting the Stools, divorcing right left and center, after marrying Oloshos!
When did Obas start divorcing? Blasphemy of the highest order, from these heretics who call themselves Obas.
Bleaching Oba, Iwo people need to tie this guy and flog th elving daylights out of him.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by chasteman(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2019
uruba23:
All this divorce trend going on thisdays ,you sure someone won't open a pre marriage and after marriage school....Chief A.Y your friend had fall our hand.
It's part of the challenges of life
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by frozen70(f): 6:53am On Dec 16, 2019
I was even wondering how it would have worked out in the first place
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Small080(m): 6:54am On Dec 16, 2019
This king sha....... grin grin grin
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by rhames(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2019
DaudaAbu:

How many have you smashed and divorced without even marrying. Without bride price or anything

Mini scores

3 -0
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by LZAA: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2019
Emir of iwo
Mental grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed Adaibeku bastardmod zombieterror

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Fatherofbill(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
After you don chop the PUNA finish, you come divorce her...... That's what mostly Muslim men do.... He will marry a much more younger girl next year and tear the PUNA for like 3yeasr then divorce her........ That's how the cycle goes
LZAA:
Emir of iwo
Mental grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed Adaibeku bastardmod zombieterror
That's how Moslim people use to do including pastor Chris and Oni Of Ife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by mimimile93: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2019
ursullalinda:
Wetin Oluwo dey do with foreign bride?
because naija brides are useless
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 16, 2019
That one na for your pocket
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by midnighter(f): 8:13am On Dec 16, 2019
AreaFada2:
Remember that people in their 80s now had a different level of patience and commitment to marriage when they started out. Virtually across the world. It's different now.

No denying that cultural differences play a big role. From the many couples I know who started out happily in a "United Nations" kind of marriage since the last 25 years, only about 25% are still together. But those from similar ethnic background, around 80% are still together.
Granted some probably happened because one of them wanted kpale. When you consider age difference and apparent incompatibility from the start.

Even among those that appeared truly in love and compatible, success rate is still very low in United Nations marriages. Maybe both parties were not ready to compromise and put in the work needed. It's never a bed of roses whether you marry from your village or from another continent.

Thank you for this information; I realise that cross-cultural marriage presents its own challenges which is why I brought up that Esama's case in the first place.

I only objected to the way that that person jumped to conclude that the problem MUST have been due to cross-cultural differences when we have no reason to suspect that from their announcement.

I dislike that type of nay-saying because it seems that whenever somebody has the guts to marry a foreigner people just count and wait for that marriage to fail, which is unfair.

From my own observations, when a cross-cultural marriage fails due to cultural differences its because one or both parties was unaware or underestimated the cultural requirements of the other and finds it difficult to adjust.

For example I have seen marriages break up because the Nigerian man wanted to take his white wife and kids back to settle permanently in Nigeria and the lady refused to come.

When you ask the dude "Did you discuss this with her before tying the knot? Did she expect you to stay in the freezing cold forever" The man doesnt have any answer to give you! But if they had discussed it beforehand, they would have had a chance to call it quits.

If it is revealed that something like that happened with these people in the OP then I could understand why somebody should say that but prematurely jumping to conclude that its because they are from different places is not right IMO

AreaFada2:
It's never a bed of roses whether you marry from your village or from another continent.

Exactly.
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by sulasa07(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
Can you not show your stupidity on NL for the world to see?

Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by lekspot01(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
I think you need brain surgery [color=#550000][/color]
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by Abiola2612: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2019
Bomboclat! grin
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by midnighter(f): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2019
eni4real:
Na Chicago? undecided Faithful Lagos guy>> Chicago guy undecided

Lol all guy na guy
Re: Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife by ursullalinda(f): 8:46am On Dec 16, 2019
mimimile93:
because naija brides are useless

Really with your mum, sisters and daughters as Nigerians or are they foreigners or does your statement apply here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Late Alaafin’s Wives Show Off New Houses / "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? / Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.