Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

I Hit My Wife - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hit My Wife (67977 Views)

Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / I Hit My Husband By Mistake / I Hit My Wife , I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hit My Wife by Opexzy: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2019
Most of the ladies on this forum are double standard and they talk from both sides of their mouths...none of them is talking about the wife that packed out of his matrimonial home with the help of her mother and brother (what kind of mother and brother is this). This is never a solution..

What the husband did was wrong and will take the lady more time to forget... It would have been better if she remained in your house and decided to stop talking to u until you are able to convince her that it will be the first and last time ever...

Two persons need to be punished... The husband for coming home late and hitting the wife... The wife for packing out of the house with the help of her mother and brother...

3 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Hassan05(m): 9:41am On Dec 16, 2019
Give it time!

Graphic designs made easy with your phone
Re: I Hit My Wife by slowice(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Firstly, if you must hang out with your friends once in a while for that long your wife must know about it. The both of you went too far but it's not too late to amend your relationship. Let just hope she ll come to her senses and return and not hold this incidence over you.

Separation is hard pls find a way to make this work and if it does not work then it's not your fault. Find happiness elsewhere
Re: I Hit My Wife by InvertedHammer: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:
I did something I really regret. My wife and I have an amazing marriage, 2 years of marriage and we are blessed with a 7-month-old baby girl.

She is 28 and I almost 33. Last Saturday I got invited to go out by some of my work friends , I got home late 2am...

What do I do?
/
You are irresponsible.

Just admit it.

/

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:
I did

She was in there for a long time and the next morning, her mother and older brother was at the house and she came out of the room with her and our baby stuff and she said she was leaving me for good. I told her how sorry I was but her mother told me to get out of their faces and they left the house.

I feel so ashamed and I've never done anything like this before and I never thought I would. I don't want to loose my wife and baby. I need both of them back. Should I attempt to contact her? B

What do I do?

Bro, take heart. Also take a chair and sit back to relax. Your inlaws are bad ones. An adage says bad wife is better than bad inlaws! No matter what happened should have heard your part and proceeded to settle and not encourage packing out. If she is from a single parent home, ehn! Bro move on but not without ur child oo. Dont subscribe to monthly allowance things; get law to back you up, get the custody of the baby, doesnt deserve the training she would give out to avoid future reoccurence .And also all advice given is at ur perusal ! Digest n rethink, what worked for others may not work for u. Follow ur heart even if we go call u mumu last, follo ur heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hit My Wife by toprealman: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:
I did something I really regret. My wife and I have an amazing marriage, 2 years of marriage and we are blessed with a 7-month-old baby girl.

She is 28 and I almost 33. Last Saturday I got invited to go out by some of my work friends , I got home late 2am, so madam wasn't happy. She was yelling at me, throwing hands and screaming at me. I ignored her and left the room to the living room but she followed me and I asked her to leave me alone but she kept going which made me angry.

I took the back of my hand and gave her a slap on the mouth. She cried out and held her face and started crying and her lips was bleeding. I didn't intentionally hurt her, I just wanted to calm her down since ignoring her was not working. I said sorry, and I was literally on my knees begging her. I tried to hold her but she refused.
The rest of the night was me repeating apology or i didn't mean to hurt you. She ignored me . She went into our room and locked the door.

She was in there for a long time and the next morning, her mother and older brother was at the house and she came out of the room with her and our baby stuff and she said she was leaving me for good. I told her how sorry I was but her mother told me to get out of their faces and they left the house.

I feel so ashamed and I've never done anything like this before and I never thought I would. I don't want to loose my wife and baby. I need both of them back. Should I attempt to contact her?

What do I do?
You see brother, most of those that committed murder or some other hideous crime never thought they could ever do such.
Always control your anger and let your friends know that you are a married man no more a bachelor......9PM can be a cap, wherever you are, start heading home.
Go and see her, send text messages......go with an elder from your family.
Last last, you fvck up sha, guess you've learnt your lesson sha.

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Conceptman: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2019
First, I will blame you for hitting her, you should have just lock yourself in one room till she calms down. If she doesn't want to come back by herself, please don't try forcing her back else you will blame yourself because any little argument btw both of you after she returns this time, she will always leave again and she has already seen the best excuse to do things that will hurt you, women are manipulative and when they involve their family members with their marital issues then the marriage is already dead. Just forgive yourself and let her decide if she will return or not, don't push for her to come back. All these young girls only want marriage for a short while, no tolerance and the way most of them think sef, is very manipulative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hit My Wife by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Try to call her even as she left your house mind you, you are not calling her for to come back rather inquire of her about the welfare of your child and still manage to ask her how she is doing [make e no be like say u no send how she feels]

Each time you come bck from work give her a call with this routine mind you don't apologise or ask her to come back just let her keep staying with ppl till she is tired but make those calls a must..
Re: I Hit My Wife by oshaosha2014(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Did he just come home to slap her He just came from nowhere and saw that her face looks slappiticulous and he just slapped her like that abi. Your specie don’t like to talk about what resulted to it, all you are concerned about is, “he sha slapped her.” There’s always an equal reaction to every action. How can you be on your husband’s neck to the extent of getting a reaction from him. A quiet, gentleman pushed well enough will not go through the wall, he’ll face you squarely. The stupid wife that don’t know how to build a home could have stated her disgust at the husbands behaviour without pushing him so hard. The man was even remorseful, yet she saw every reason to move out - all those woke ideology that don’t build a home. As much as you all blame the man for hitting her, I see her as an equal player in this incident. That man should not call her again. When her head is correct she’ll find her way back home. What nonsense.

xendra:
I'm not surprised to see men saying she should have kept this within the family. grin na from clap dem dey enter dance. a man that can come home 2am and slap the wife that same night deserves no sympathy. na so she go keep quiet till it gets worse and he kills her.

naija men, Una try o

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by MisterKings(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2019
But bros did you call your wife and tell her you wont be coming home?
Then your wife took it too far, not sure you guys went for counseling, they would have told you how 3rd parties are not welcome in a marriage.
Re: I Hit My Wife by frebike: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=xendra post=84940551]SMH

2am? when it's not business?
she sabi shout, person like me wey no fit shout I no go open door atall. you wee sleep there.

You must be crazy. No woman has the right to lock her husband outside no matter the circumstance. The idea thing a normal woman would do is to open the door and talk sense into him having known his reasons for keeping late. Mind you, though, i know you are still single thats the reason you would talk in that manner. Once you start living with a man if anything happens to the man you will answer for it. To be on a safe side, you must open the door. Two wrongs cannot make a right.
Re: I Hit My Wife by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2019
dont panic, she will will come back as long as it was your first time of hiting her. just give her sometime, she will soon realize that she cant marry her parents.

though, its not good to hit her. i dont support domestic violence .

she will come back, all na shakara grin
Re: I Hit My Wife by Dodo5: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2019
Op isn't plain with his assertion and y'all ain't noticing!!!

How many times have you beaten up your wife, because if it's just that once, her parent won't just come and pick her like that.

How many times have you been coming late at nights, she wouldn't flare up like that for just once situation.

My Brother, if you ain't victim of those, then definitely your In-laws are bad, and your wife has been telling them bad things about you to them.

leave them they only want you to learn your lesson, don't go and beg them, they'll bring her by themselves. she's off market already, and nobody will buy container with bad loads.
bye!!!

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Kezlink11: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2019
This may not be the whole story, but give her time, text her often, remind her about those amazing moments you both shared together. Send her flowers and gifts and with time she will heal.
Ekene161829:

She is 28 and I almost 33. Last Saturday I got invited to go out by some of my work friends , I got home late 2am, so madam wasn't happy. She was yelling at me, throwing hands and screaming at me. I ignored her and left the room to the living room but she followed me and I asked her to leave me alone but she kept going which made me angry.

I took the back of my hand and gave her a slap on the mouth. She cried out and held her face and started crying and her lips was bleeding. I didn't intentionally hurt her, I just wanted to calm her down since ignoring her was not working. I said sorry, and I was literally on my knees begging her. I tried to hold her but she refused.
The rest of the night was me repeating apology or i didn't mean to hurt you. She ignored me . She went into our room and locked the door.

I feel so ashamed and I've never done anything like this before and I never thought I would. I don't want to loose my wife and baby. I need both of them back. Should I attempt to contact her?

What do I do?
Re: I Hit My Wife by OlujobaSamuel: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2019
Op, why you go slap her in the name of frustration? no one takes poison to subdue hunger.
She might have similar experience with her parents or someone close to her which led to serious issue/violence, so she might already have such plan even before getting married that once any Sign show up, na to move which made the decision very quick for her in few hours.
Just continue to plead with her.
Btw, ijakumo kin rinde osan, eni abire kun rin òru.(a beast walks not in the day, a virtuous fellow walks not in the night), which kind friends hangout dey make you enter at such ungodly hour?

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2019
It is disgusting to read comments of many stewpid men here. Some idiots open their trash gutter mouth and saying she shouldnt have reported the incidence. Some are even shamelessly because of disgruntled and unfounded hatred and discrimination of woman saying the woman should go for counseling. You all are pathetic fools. You disgust me.

A pugilist of a husband hit her wife and blooded her and all you folks have to say is condemn the actions of the wife who had taken refuge from the mad man. Any man who raise his hands on a woman is not better than an animal. I blame the weak constitution of this damn country and the backward thinking of her citizen who feel entitled to hit, maltreat, and subject a woman to untold punishment all in the name of marriage without severe consequence. Y'all disgust me.

8 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Princesscutes1(f): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
How would you have felt if it was your wife who hanged out with her friends and came back by 2am? Any married man or woman who does things without considering the other partner is immature or simply wicked. Your wife's brother should have slapped you back, or is he a weak man? He should have slapped you ensuring that you bleed from your mouth and nose. As for your wife, continue to call her, send messages, give her more time, she will heal and return to you. It's very shameful that her brother was there and did not defend her, by slapping the st-pi---y outta your brains.

Oil dey your head

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hit My Wife by MartinsD12(m): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:

What do I do?
You are totally wrong deal with it you came home 2am your wife needed explanation rather you ignored her went to living room she followed you, you need to explain to her you never did rather you slapped her you are lucky the elder brother is not someone like me you would have had me to contend with. You acted unwise and stupid

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Airhix(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2019
My friend, be a man, you went too far, and you are sorry now for your actions,always remember this, cause,action and reaction, nobody is looking at her wrong anymore,they are now seeing your wrong ,which is considered capital evil, I will urge you to keep texting her, keep praying, keep doing your thing,going to your work place, inform your parents about this, tell your priest, look for someone who should and can intervene. But learn to forgive her too when all this is over. How I wish I can talk to her, pls be the man you are and follow peace with all party, for the sake of your little baby. It's well.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Movicq(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2019
Are you very Rich If you ain’t that rich then just use your wife for ritual and marry anoda one

I’m in my house comman beat me
Re: I Hit My Wife by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2019
Dupalmer:
In as much as I don't support domestic violence, your effort at apologizing and sincerely promising not to repeat it is more than enough to make you guys come back to normal if she's a reasonable woman.
don't call or beg her anymore else she will see a good stance to manipulate your sorry ass forever.
She will come back in a matter of days if you ignore her but if she doesn't, find a way to make yourself happy. You can't kill yourself over a trouble she ignited. She will loose if she tries to make it a hard or competitive game.

There are many ladies young and old with very good character that will be willing to marry as second, third and even fourth wife.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Jodesky(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2019
kulobyno:
Well as for me:
1. Hitting you wife is a sign of weakness.
2. Apologizing is a sign of strength and love.
But rubbishing my effort to make amends by involving her parents is a NO NO.
I WILL NEVER apologise further because she has made things even.
Whether she decides to stay or leave is her business but trust me I won't care anymore.

OP
You may have had a thousand suggestions, but I bet you, this is the best advice here. It will keep away your in laws from interfering in your marriage for ever.
If you want to cheapen yourself further, go ahead and continue begging.

What a good mother ought to have done was to reproach you for your misconduct and not to attempt to break your home. It's the height of immaturity.

Wait in your house and watch their next steps but on no account should you make any further attempt at begging. If you do, you have subjected your marriage to the supervision of your in-laws.

A word is enough....

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Conceptman: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2019
You didn't send her out then you shouldn't be the one to beg her back if you do, I'm sorry she will make life miserable for you, since you apologize and she didn't hear then let her be, don't beg a woman to stay with you. Don't hit a woman, just walk away from her trouble when she starts
Ekene161829:

What do I do?
Re: I Hit My Wife by ayokemi009: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2019
In as much as what he did is totally irresponsible, involving a third party over a matter they could have easily resolved; since this is happening for the first time and the guy is really remorseful about his action, is a big NO for me. He should let her stay in her father's house until they all come to the terms with the fact that their daughter is now married and should be allowed to remain married.
How will she feels if the guy at any little altercation decides to report their issues to his own family. Marriage is for matured being and you should only walk away when you noticed your partner really have a problem and he cant be helped.
oyoolima:
Oga you said you "took" the back of your hand and gave her a slap.

This hand must be made of iron to cause instant bleeding. Tomorrow you may "take" the front of your hand and now beat her proper.
No wonder the woman ran for her life.

Coming back at 2am is not ideal for someone that is married with a family.

I do not know what throwing hands means.
If she is shouting and you cannot take it shout hard too ,let your voice be louder so you both enjoy the madness together.

Or tell her you will not engage in conversation if she's screaming then lock yourself in the room till she's calm.

This apology you're giving now,if you had put this much effort into saying sorry for coming back this late,your hand would not have located her mouth.

Now the whole family knows you have twitchy hands.How will you now meet their eyes without shame. Budding wife beater is your new nickname.

Your marriage is still new,you both need to learn to resolve conflict in a less hostile manner.

A whole 33 year old man,5 years you used to senior your wife and you cannot manage your home.

Better go and watch war room.

*Your wife did well to invite outside forces since you slapped her hard enough to cause bleeding, it is also likely you would have slapped her again or even hit her if she had kept quiet about it(in your mind,you would start seeing it as the quickest way to keep her quiet),so my brother from now on, if something happens to her the whole world already have small insight into who dunnit.*

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by icenti: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2019
xendra:
I'm not surprised to see men saying she should have kept this within the family. grin na from clap dem dey enter dance. a man that can come home 2am and slap the wife that same night deserves no sympathy. na so she go keep quiet till it gets worse and he kills her.

naija men, Una try o

See some stupid women don't just know their limits. I read two of your comments. First of all why would a woman think of hitting her husband repeatedly. That's dumb. He left you alone and you still proceeded to disturbing his life. Bro let her be, in matter of 3months she won't be welcomed in her family house again it's normal. I'm not sure there are too many men out there looking for a 27 years old lady with a kid. I think you've done enough. Her loss not yours. The kid will surely remember his dad one day

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Mariangeles(f): 9:46am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:

What do I do?
Haa! Osula!
Enyia, I meteghi ya chacha
grin

She was very angry at you (as in ready- to- erupt -volcano angry) and was ready for the worse to happen, and you fell into her trap.

When a woman keeps running her mouth even when you keep avoiding her, chances are, she's provoking you on purpose to dare to hit her.

The best thing to do in such a situation is either to apologize ( if she's a sensible woman, she'll calm down at this point), or leave the scene ( if she's a troublemaker)

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:

What do I do?

U have been hitting ur wife before

3 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by lollybizzu(m): 9:48am On Dec 16, 2019
ugofulfilled:

Really? Is this the best you can think? well I wasn't disappointed.

let's assume you're the wife in the above narrative, you will feel defended and happy seeing your brother slap your HUSBAND?

with this hand, we shall read about your home someday on this forum.

Don't mind her.
They reason with emotions instead of using their sense and logic.

That's how they scatter people's home with their stupid and wicked advice.

Don't be surprised that if she were to be the woman, she might have acted differently but she's here advising rubbish.
Re: I Hit My Wife by OgaBuhari: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2019
freecocoahubby:
She was yelling me ,throwing hands and screaming at me . I ignored her and left the room to the living room but she followed me and I asked her to leave me alone but she kept going

Haba, you're a human being nau - the bolded shows provocation on her part and she clearly threw hands first!

OP, your wife deserved that slap tbh and I think you've begged her enough. Let her go if she wants.. angry
na u dey fucck freecocoa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

What Is My Wife Doing ? Cheating? / I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / Pregnant Woman Who Posed With 20,000 Bees In Maternity Shoot Had Stillbirth(Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.