Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. (1014 Views)

[b]10 PC AAA Title Games You Can Run On Your Low End Pc's.[/b] / Do Not Buy PES 2019 If You Have A Low-end PC. Get 2017 With '18/19 Patch Instead / Good Games You Can Play On Low-end Pc's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. by khalhokage(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
I am going to compile a list of great games as low as 500mb and no higher than 6gb that you can run on you low end PC.

Some people with potato PCs sometimes have issues finding good games that will run on their PC so i decided to share a list of games i play on my own low spec laptop with their download links.

Basically these games run on my lappy with these specs:
2ghz Core 2 Duo (Dual core CPU)
4gb RAM
256mb dedicated video memory
2gb total video memory

NB: Some of the games come in mutipart download links to make them easier to download eg: a 2gb game will come in 4 parts 500mb each.
So you have to download all parts then extract them with Winrar into one folder before installation.

So here we go:
Half Life 2 (approx 1gb) FPS *****

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Approx 4gb) FPS ****

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Approx 6gb) FPS *****

Call of Duty: World at War (Approx 6gb) FPS ***

Portal (Approx 2gb) *****

Bioshock (Approx 2gb) FPS *****

Bioshock 2 (Approx 4gb) FPS *****

Mirrors Edge (Approx 4gb) First person parkour ****

Halo Combat Evolved (Approx 500mb) FPS *****

Halo 2 (Approx 2gb) FPS *****

Burnout Paradise (Approx 2gb) Racing ***

FarCry 2 (Approx 2gb) FPS ****

I will continue to update and add to this list if there's enough interest.

If you run into any issues don't hesitate to reach out i will help however i can.

You can also ask me about any of the games on the list i've played them all and i'll be happy to answer your questions.

Password for the rar files are either newgamesbox.net or newgamesbox.com

1 Like

Re: Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. by Jonny223: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
Okay
Re: Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. by khalhokage(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2019
Tips to maximise gaming performance on your PC.

The most important thing is to make sure to not just install, but also update your graphics drivers, it's very important.

I run most games on max settings for this reason.

Also make sure to choose the best Windows OS version for your PC, some people swear by Windows 7 but I noticed a marked increase in performance after I moved to Windows 8.1, so the latest isn't always the greatest and what works for others may not work for you, there are millions of PC models available it's up to you to find what works best for yours.

Be careful with what you install in your system, I haven't installed an AntiVirus programme on any of my laptops since probably 2009, I depend on SmadAV and Windows defender and I haven't run into any problems with malware or viruses.
Most Antivirus software are big performance hogs, choose the right one if you must use them.

Ram boosters are mostly useless, you would be better served if you got familiar with your task manager.

Learn how to disable programes from starting up with the system, a lot of software have activities that start up with the system, browsers for example always have update checkers running in the background, so if you have 3 browsers installed that 3 different and useless software running in the background and taking up precious RAM and CPU clocks.

When running more modern games that your PC may struggle with always:

Disable anti-aliasing in your game settings, this is a feature that helps smooth out rough edges in ingame objects, it will make your game look great but it gives your performance a big hit.

Disable or reduce realistic reflections.

Disable or reduce shadow resolution.

Reduce texture resolution.

Basically play around with your settings to get the best balance between looks and performance that works best for you.
Re: Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. by crafteck(m): 10:01am On Dec 17, 2019
Great thread

1 Like

Re: Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. by Goldicon2(m): 4:16am On Dec 18, 2019
what good games can i play on
core i7
intel UHD graphics 620
8GB ram
Re: Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. by khalhokage(m): 5:32am On Dec 18, 2019
Goldicon2:
what good games can i play on core i7 intel UHD graphics 620 8GB ram
Every game on the list plus others I'll get for you soon
Re: Great Games 6gb And Below You Can Run On Your Low End PC. by khalhokage(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2019
crafteck:
Great thread
Thanks man

(1) (Reply)

Best Gaming Monitor For CS GO / Play Station 2 Cheats For Hundreds Of Games / Want An Exchange. : Any Dealers Game:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.