Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami (860 Views)

Arrest Interim Government Plotters, APC, PDP Tell DSS / I Will Not Leave Your Office, Falana Tells DSS After Failing To Release Sowore / Nnamdi Kanu To UN: Tell Buhari To Release Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Updatebaze(m): 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, on Monday, December 16th indicated that he could not ask the Department of State Service to release Omoyele Sowore from custody.

The minister said in the statement that he could not take a unilateral decision on the release of Sowore without recourse to the court, where the ‘RevolutionNow’ protests convener and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, are being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony, among others.

This is contained in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, Dr. Umar Gwandu, who stated that Malami was reacting to “the claim that a lawyer sent a letter to the AGF requesting the release of Mr. Sowore”.

The statement appeared to be a veiled reference to the letter by Sowore’s lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), sent to the AGF on Friday to demand the release of the convener of ‘RevolutionNow’ protests from the custody of the DSS.

The AGF’s takeover of the case was informed by the widely condemned invasion of the Federal High Court in Abuja by the operatives of the DSS to rearrest Sowore on December 6. Falana who heads the defence team of the two men informed Malami that Sowore had, since his rearrest on December 6, been kept in the DSS custody without the backing of any detention order of court or arrest warrant.

He stated that his letter became necessary after two lawyers in the team visited the DSS headquarters in Abuja to demand Sowore’s release but were advised to direct their request to Malami.

In a statement making a veiled reference to Falana’s letter on Monday, Malami said in the statement issued by Gwandu, “When parties submit their issues for determination to a court of law, they lack exclusivity of decision over such issues without recourse to the court. We remain guided by the established tradition and will not take unilateral decision without recourse to the rule of law”.

READ MORE : https://updatebaze.com/2019/12/16/i-cant-tell-dss-to-release-sowore-attorney-general-abubakar-malami/

cc: lalasticlala
seun
mynd44

Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Jonny223: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
Okay why
Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by aolawale025: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
Passing the buck here
Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Injera(f): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
Arresting him in the court is the biggest mistake these lawless DSS made. The spin only made it worse.
It is now clear that we are back in the days of dictatorial junta and the schemes and regional plans laid bear.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Sirjamo: 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
Anybody that is in bed with a fugitive terrorist is also a terrorist and should be treated as such. The DSS should not release him, he might jump bail and flee to America where he's a citizen. He would go back to his fugitive partner in crime and continue to destabilize Nigeria by proxy just like his terrorist friend that order the killing and burning of two police officers.

Nobody is talking about those two officers that where gruesomely murdered and burnt to ashes by those unfortunate and barbaric creatures call ipob, the hypocrisy of Nigerian press and activists would eventually consume them.

Please, when I say ipob, I meant the terrorist group, NOT All IGBO!!!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
Good Boy!

Do as you are told by Major General.
Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by bubu2019: 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2019
Sirjamo:
Anybody that is in bed with a fugitive terrorist is also a terrorist and should be treated as such. The DSS should not release him, he might jump bail and flee to America where he's a citizen. He would go back to his fugitive partner in crime and continue to destabilize Nigeria by proxy just like his terrorist friend that order the killing and burning of two police officers.

Nobody is talking about those two officers that where gruesomely murdered and burnt to ashes by those unfortunate and barbaric creatures call ipob, the hypocrisy of Nigerian press and activists would eventually consume them.

Please, when I say ipob, I meant the terrorist group, NOT All IGBO!!!
I know you forgot your Brain somewhere while typing this.
remember karma.
he no de forget

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Maxymilliano(m): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
Updatebaze:

The minister said in the statement that he could not take a unilateral decision on the release of Sowore without recourse to the court, where the ‘RevolutionNow’ protests convener and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, are being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony, among others.

But you had powers and took unilateral decisions without the court to discontinue with Danjuma Goje alleged corruption case abi ?

May be Danjuma Goje case does not require application of the rule of law. Imagine, these people talking as if others don't have brains.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by lilprinze: 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2019
Sowore has entered one chance, We have forgotten about dasuki that has been in detention since 2015, El zakzaky has been in detention since 2017, despite all the court oders for them to be released. So Sowore in short you are screwed.
Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Blue3k(m): 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2019
Duh they answer to the president. Sowore will stay until futher notice since all that is being done for him is calling Buhari general. Since Buhari isnt worried about consequences like impeachment or electoral defeat there's no reason for him to change course.
Re: I Can’t Tell DSS To Release Sowore – Attorney General, Abubakar Malami by Mynd44: 5:11am On Dec 17, 2019

(1)

OPERATION AMOTEKUN: Things You Need To Know About The New Western Security Schem / Leaked Audio On $30billion Loan: Buhari Promised To Go To Jail For Me-amaechi…da / Tenement Rate Demand Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.