Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,077 members, 7,852,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. (28144 Views)

Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Girlfriend In Uyo As Crowd Gather (Pics, Video / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by exnovio(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
This girl has a serious guy who had promised to marry her thats why she turned down your proposal.and the guy is in abroad
You are her plan B,if u love her so much fast and pray this guy dissapoint her.you never know with women.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by smeag0l(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
Op , this is the best advice you've got here so far
extremelygolden:
Don't inform her yet about your plans to immigrate to Canada, that will definitely influence her marital decision.

Propose again for the last time this Yuletide and if she declines you just flow with the relationship. A day or two to your departure to Canada, call her for a discussion and tell her that your desire was to travel out together and spend a lifetime with her, but since you weren't "good enough" for her, you have decided to leave the country alone. That you were actually processing both your travel documents until she declined your marriage proposal the third time.

Tell her you pray she meets the type of man she desires. Wish her well and exit the scene.

And please, make sure that last meeting holds at a neutral place where there will be no room for intimacy, to avoid leaving a child behind (after nine months) on your quest for greener pastures.

I pray she says YES anyway!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by candyguyofficia(m): 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
HARDDON:
Wow to the frustration, waste and pains average guys go through.
Baffles my brain.

This is really very painful.

You are in the super friendzone and a gate guy can't wake up one morning and wants to be man of the house. It irritates the lady of the house.
Forget the flaunting... You are nothing but a bestie.

There is no Sexual attraction and she can't see herself submitting to a YES man.

I know there are a lot you didn't expressly state here. But I know, I just know.

Solution?
Breaking forth from this shackle is no mean feat. But it's not undoable.

You have to do the opposite of all that you have been doing! Starting with Ditching that wack idea of proposing again! Is there any different thing you want to say that she hasn't heard and turned down before?
Oh sure, you can of course buy her attention by swinging the bribe line of travelling, the way average guys do. But he who brings ant infested log to the homestead, must never complain when visited by lizards.

Grow some balls and Start ignoring. Cut chats, calls, visits and all.

Apply their principle on them:

Has a gurl asked to buy her something and you refused b4? How did she react?

Good, that is how u shld react now. You can't let her play with your emotions and you swallow it like a dunce.

henceforth, if she has the guts to shake the table, you take it a notch up by breaking it. angry
This is your only way forward. If she is really worth it.

On a final note,
How can you value sand when it is always available?

SENSE PILL:
Ladies Love Balls.
Word!!!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by lomprico(m): 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.

Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.

why do u want to cage her down? angry
she keeps telling you No because her instinct is warning her about you.

you will travel and get another girl there n abandone her. that's why u are hiding it from her.
let her be pls.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by damzy88: 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
nextstep:
Guy, it's over with her. Face your lane and find babe in the abroad. There are idiots for sure, but there are also gems.

Hah hah hah... so says every Nigerian man who has lived to regret it. By the way, I can bet you are not her first choice based on her initial rejection of you and what I'm reading... she might still be holding out for that other guy...

If you bring her over with your funds, you enter one chance, as many many Nigerian men can attest when they took girlfriend-who-became wife abroad. So, since I see this relationship quitting in 1 or two years, might as well cut it now so you both don't waste your valuable time.

Why postpone the inevitable? Konji will catch you, it will catch her too. You will call, she's asleep. She will call, you're at work. You will call, she's not picking... and so on. After 2-3 months the frequency of your calls will reduce and the majority of your conversation will be about how you miss each other, and how life sucks. Meanwhile several ebonies, snowflakes, and mulans will be eyeing you and you will be eyeing them too. Then you and your girlfriend will enter the "pretend I'm not cheating phase", which might lead to fight every call, and mistrust.

Congrats! Go and face your new life in Canada.
You analyzed it well. Dating someone in the abroad hardly stand the test of time.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Svnflower: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
There's a lot that's not being said.
Did you just toss the question as per were you serious when you asked her?
Because, if you ask me that kinna question in between a conversation, I'm most definitely telling you No. Because I'm not sure if you're serious or not. It's not me that will say Yes you'll now laugh and say it's a joke. angry
But on a more serious note though, she might like you but have certain things hindering her from saying Yes like Career and stuff.
This is the point where you sit her down and have a serious convo. There's no time again, February is around the corner. Sha come back and tell us how it went.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by manlawal(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2019
STENON:
Travel out and start uploading your abroad picture... She will propose to you by herself. Just be extremely careful at this injury time so as not to get audio preg...
Did you know similar thing happen to me, I wanted to woo a girl and any attempt I made to reach her was rebuffed to the extent that she doesn't reply my Facebook messages I sent 2017 , last 2 months I snap a picture and edited the background, it looks like abroad. Only for this girl to message last 2 weeks asking me where I am And even send me her number.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.
Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.

My friend, I live abroad, not far from where u r planning to go.
Western world is not 9ja, If u can come here free as a bird, pleaz do it. smiley
u go thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by kushme: 12:11am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

Your advice has sunk into my mind and I appreciate that. Let me state that our relationship has been pure platonic and I don't intend to do otherwise with her or any other fellow till the dowry is paid. That is my personal principle and I'm sticking to it 100%. I've really invested a lot of my mental, emotional, strategic resources on this girl so much that it hurts to see her go.

She's not financially demanding and I've not spent up to 20k on her since we started simply because she won't let me spend on her even when I'm willing to. Most times, she asks for loans and I give her but she will always pay back on time even when I am not ready to accept the money from her.

With your advice, I'll conceal my intention of traveling until the last proposal. Thanks

Guy, something dey worry you abi?
Like say you no dey hear word..
"No" two times. You still no get the message..
Okay, i hope the pics below wouldn't be your case when she says "Yes" and you eventually leave the shore..

The day I travel go Kaduna I no tell ma babe sef.

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 18, 2019
Dude, try and get out from the friend zone first, before proposing for the third time. The babe may have perpetually placed you on friend zone and you are there loving her!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by LyfeJennings(m): 1:03am On Dec 18, 2019
Goodnigga:
How can a man propose more than twice. It is either the girl has accepted you and don't wanna verbalize it. Nigerian girls are like that. Or you are on the waiting list, in case. However, be smart, you are going to Canada, it is not Naija, you will meet better girls as long as you are bettering yourself

Beat advice
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:19am On Dec 18, 2019
Romanoff:
Don't be too in a hurry to be with her. If you know each other as well as you claim or if she loves you as much as you've described, she must have very strong reasons for turning down your proposal.

Find out that or those reason(s), this will determine if you'll need to even propose the second time.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2019
donbachi:
Forced marriage...one reason of a broken home.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by STENON(f): 1:35am On Dec 18, 2019
manlawal:

Did you know similar thing happen to me, I wanted to woo a girl and any attempt I made to reach her was rebuffed to the extent that she doesn't reply my Facebook messages I sent 2017 , last 2 months I snap a picture and edited the background, it looks like abroad. Only for this girl to message last 2 weeks asking me where I am And even send me her number.
lols. I have witnessed it too and th recent one was with one of my student during my NYSC who was poor but ambitious, ugly but have successful future. So to cut the long story cut, he tried all his best to woo and be in relationship but he is always rejected or ignored. I told him to try scholarship with his good grade and of which he got full funding to Germany, today he will post one picture, 100 likes and many comments from those girls that rejected him them... some of the girls are even putting him on their dp and sending him so many messages to show interest ... but we just joke and laugh it out loud cheesy
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Danobb: 2:03am On Dec 18, 2019
You will make a big mistake telling her ur plans of travelling abroad, becos that will cloud her judgement
Spiritfun:

Do you think it will influence her decision?
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by nattty(m): 2:07am On Dec 18, 2019
Maybe you get mouth odour grin
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Gaba10: 2:09am On Dec 18, 2019
So many beautiful girl in Canada, very attractive and intelligent too. I bet you will find one here who will sweep you of your feet and perhaps add value ...

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by icankel: 2:14am On Dec 18, 2019
going by ur narration u said u guys knows each others secret yet u couldn't discover her reason of rejecting u. u need to find out d reason she rejected u twice before going d 3rd unless she's still under age in terms of going into marriage, ofcus Canada can influence most women but b rest assured she gonna abandone u wen she finds her way in Canada. Again she could be seeing another guy without u knowing about it which will make her keep u in waiting for years. Dont allow ur emotion to get over u. best of luck
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by IdomaLikita: 2:14am On Dec 18, 2019
Dude,
I had to rejoin after a long time to advise you properly. And here is why you should take me seriously.
1. I'm abroad
2. I'm married.
3. I was exactly in your shoes before I married.

Forget the thrash you see on movies about Love & marriage. Love will clear from your eye within 2months, but compatibility will see you through.

From what you've shared here, this girl is your match and If you lose her because of stupidity, you will end up being lonely, confused and regretful abroad. No one tells you about the Loneliness out here.

Who told you Wives are easy to come by abroad?most men flee from Naija girls here & end up coming home to pick someone to marry, which in that case means long distance arrangee & risky dive. I have no less than 3 Guys coming back home this month purely to find wives. I fear for their choices & put them in prayers everyday.

Back to the Girl, when is it ever wrong for a girl to marry a man with concrete ambitions put into action? Who wants to take that risk? Would you advise your sister to risk it? She clearly knows what she wants in a Man & that in its own is a sign of focus.

My case was worse, I watched my babe treat me unseriously when i was in Maiduguri, and her mum treated me with scorn. By the time my visa came out, I went back to that house & everything changed. I proposed, travelled out, returned in a few months and married her. I knew what I wanted and up-ed my game to get it. I wouldn't let stupid womanly behaviors to ruin my plans. She was the girl i wanted to marry(I no even love am then sef) & I ruthlessly secured my bag. Women are women!

Females of all species are wired to mate with the Alpha male. Love will come at some point when you Guys have surmounted Challenges together.
(na when they give you list & you start spending, you eye will clear from Love)

What even makes you so sure telling her your plans may influence her decision? You may be in for a rude shock.

Leave Naija movie package, call her, sit her down & tell her you are travelling abroad and she's the wifey you want to take there. If she says Yes. Quickly see her family and sort things halfway before you leave, they and your family are another major obstacles you might face.

Ambition is not a crime, & we must begin to respect women who bring out our best game, not those who take blind risks out of "Love" that may sink you both into poverty.

You are even lucky you found someone you love, and you wanna throw it away because you lack game. Use your advantage and secure your bag! Its all about using what you have to get what YOU WANT!

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by charleoj(m): 2:40am On Dec 18, 2019
Guy, you can propose oooo since you love her. But I will say girls plenty for Canada. See, when you travel ehn, dem go gbensh am die and if you come turn Romeo come carry her enter Canada, that one go pain pass all the gbenshing wey she do for naija cos she go leave you afterwards. She is not into you. As far I can tell, you are just a second fiddle to her as in Mr Available not Mr Right. She is just passing her time. Abeg enjoy while it last as maximum gbenshing is required. Gbensh looo

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by LikeCool(m): 2:45am On Dec 18, 2019
ambivert27:
As a lady, I will tell you that this babe loved you already, could be that she's trying to test your patience level.

I bet you the reason she would give after trying to find out why she's been saying "no" is non-existence.

Story
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by BlacDonaldTrump(m): 3:43am On Dec 18, 2019
No try am ooo!!!
Go the Canada first and see as the hustle be over there.
In the Abroad is a different world entirely.
I would suggest that you move on. There are a million and one beautiful ladies in Canada.
MAFO!!!

Spiritfun:

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by SkinnyNigga: 3:53am On Dec 18, 2019
if na me I don japa since
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by khiaa(f): 4:40am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

When it comes to the manipulation from your women, the stupidity of Nigerian men amazes me. You except the lame shit of shakara believing a woman playing hard to get is a good woman. Real women do not play emotional games.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by kizyalex10(m): 4:42am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

first is to know the reason for her rejection.then others will follow suit
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by OChimex: 4:44am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

You have twice and she has said no twice. Moving to Canada is another exposure on its own. Just tell her your plans to move, keep contacts with her, move first and see a more beautiful world full of beautiful women first, if you still find her to be someone you want to marry, after you must have seen beauties � in all ramifications, then come back if she is available, propose to her again she won't say no.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Obaakran: 4:53am On Dec 18, 2019
HARDDON:
Wow to the frustration, waste and pains average guys go through.
Baffles my brain.

This is really very painful.

You are in the super friendzone and a gate guy can't wake up one morning and wants to be man of the house. It irritates the lady of the house.
Forget the flaunting... You are nothing but a bestie.

There is no Sexual attraction and she can't see herself submitting to a YES man.

I know there are a lot you didn't expressly state here. But I know, I just know.

Solution?
Breaking forth from this shackle is no mean feat. But it's not undoable.

You have to do the opposite of all that you have been doing! Starting with Ditching that wack idea of proposing again! Is there any different thing you want to say that she hasn't heard and turned down before?
Oh sure, you can of course buy her attention by swinging the bribe line of travelling, the way average guys do. But he who brings ant infested log to the homestead, must never complain when visited by lizards.

Grow some balls and Start ignoring. Cut chats, calls, visits and all.

Apply their principle on them:

Has a gurl asked to buy her something and you refused b4? How did she react?

Good, that is how u shld react now. You can't let her play with your emotions and you swallow it like a dunce.

henceforth, if she has the guts to shake the table, you take it a notch up by breaking it. angry
This is your only way forward. If she is really worth it.

On a final note,
How can you value sand when it is always available?

SENSE PILL:
Ladies Love Balls.

no mind that Sissy man
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 18, 2019
Don't tell her.... Him that has ears...
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Billygene: 5:33am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

Don't do this bro. I,m here and i nearly made this mistake if not God.Travel first before you propose
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by tiziano(m): 5:44am On Dec 18, 2019
Romanoff:
Don't be too in a hurry to be with her. If you know each other as well as you claim or if she loves you as much as you've described, she must have very strong reasons for turning down your proposal.

Find out that or those reason(s), this will determine if you'll need to even propose the second time.
A wise lady has spoken

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:19am On Dec 18, 2019
You only need to propose once to a woman . If a girl wants to be with you that day will be the best day of her life.

Save yourself future stress and move to Canada. There are many Nigerian girls with higher standards in Canada
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by armyofone(m): 6:21am On Dec 18, 2019
Don't propose the 3rd time i mean no more proposals at least for now. Don't force it.
Slow it down and when February comes, just find your way out. Occupy yourself in your new environment. What will be, will be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Romancelanders Hall Of Fame 2016 Winners / Ridiculous Misconceptions And Assumptions About Women. / 4 Tips To Keep A Woman's Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.