Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! (1874 Views)

Please Help Me! I Think I'm Getting Attracted To Bad boys (photos) / Mentally- Challenged Couple Spotted Celebrating Valentine's Day In Edo (photos) / I Think I'm A Lesbian. I'm Attracted To Only Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 10:44am On Dec 18, 2019
I don't know how to start writing this and I'm even confused on what to write but i know deep down within me that something is wrong with my mental cry

I'm 27, and i am not focused about life, I tried to be focus but i keep blaming myself for how i have failed myself.
I don't really know what i want, I'm neither here nor there.

I remember when i was in Secondary School, i was one of the bright kid in my class, all through my primary education, my grades were very good. I had said to myself that i will be a graduate before I become 25, but my dreams were shattered embarassed what happened to me still remain a misery cry.

In 2014, I lost mum. I was heartbroken coz she seems to be the only one that knows what was really wrong with me, when she was alive she never let me off her sight.

After her death, I was really broken coz know one to run to for any assistant. So i started working as a security guard in a company, 20k as salary.
I was trying to save some money so i can learn a skill but something happened, but i really don't know what happened embarassed

In 2016, a cousin of mine called and told me to quit the job, that he have a better plan for me. I didn't think twice, so i quite and move to the State where he was, the action i later regret.

When i got there it was not what i had expected, I was used, as a slave I don't know cry

I stayed there for close 3yrs, with nothing to show for it, each night i weep cry and i later realize that I'm not okay coz sometimes the kind of thought i had seems not to be my own.

About 7months ago, i moved back here to the State i was before, when i got here, I went back to the company i was working as a security guard, they accepted me back because they said i had a clean record when i was working with them.

Now in October, they transferred me to a private resident, to be working as a guard/gateman cry

I shouldn't have been here, my life is a failure. I'm trying so hard to control the state of mind coz it seems that im about to run mad.

Please how can i get back my mental power?

The way my thoughts are hunting me, i might not cross over to 2020 cry cry

I'm stuck

Help me Oh Lord cry

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by santakris(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2019
Please see a psychologist. God will perfect everything concerning you. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by santakris(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2019
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by beresponsible(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2019
In 2014, I lost mum. I was heartbroken coz she seems to be the only one that knows what was really wrong with me, when she was alive she never let me off her sight.

Here's the main reason. Happened to many us. I became reckless since 2008 and my coz almost lost his mind, still hearing her voice calling him.

Pls cherish your mother if she's still alive, you can never be the same after she passes away

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by dawnomike(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2019
Sorry about all you've gone through... Trust me when i say so many people have stories to tell on how miserable life could be(I'm sure you don't want to hear mine). But we all have got to keep thriving and keep body and soul together.

Nothing is wrong with you mentally, Nigeria can make a young man feel mad. Continue as your place of work while you work at trying to get a degree. Success stories are sweeter when suffered for. It is well with you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by bremo(m): 10:56am On Dec 18, 2019
You seem not to appreciate the fact that God has been so gracious to you. Where you are right now coupled with what you are doing right now, some people want to have but they couldn't. Don't be hard on yourself as you are doing right now. Yes, you may not be where you want to be right now but there is still hope for you. Stop counting yourself hopeless!!! Its just a matter of you getting yourself together and keep moving with your new plans. Anything out of this will get you wounded the more or totally destroyed.
Wish you all of your best.

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 11:11am On Dec 18, 2019
bremo:
You seem not to appreciate the fact that God has been so gracious to you. Where you are right now coupled with what you are doing right now, some people want to have but they couldn't. Don't be hard on yourself as you are doing right now. Yes, you may not be where you want to be right now but there is still hope for you. Stop counting yourself hopeless!!! Its just a matter of you getting yourself together and keep moving with your new plans. Anything out of this will get you wounded the more or totally destroyed.
Wish you all of your best.
Thank you Sir
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 11:12am On Dec 18, 2019
santakris:
Please see a psychologist. God will perfect everything concerning you. Amen.

Thanks
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by tchidi066(f): 11:43am On Dec 18, 2019
Sorry op, i guess you are yet to heal from your mom's demise and you are finding it tough to let her go. When you finally do, i suggest you improve on your social interaction with people. I see you as someone who isolate and keep to himself often, it's not helping you mentally, you need to interact more, make new friends, get a partner, attend outings if invited... according to ur post, u were once bright, why not get a side hustle or skill to support your salary, there are so many out there, plumbering, learning to place tiles, or even web and graphic designing. You can't remain a security guard forever, apply for other jobs too. Finally believe in God for upliftment, believe your situation will surely turn out good someday. Wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by mechanics(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2019
Please don't think negative about your condition now, just don't loose hope, you will still make it, try learning a skill or save money and go into provision business or try getting Okada and do Okada business.
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2019
tchidi066:
Sorry op, i guess you are yet to heal from your mom's demise and you are finding it tough to let her go. When you finally do, i suggest you improve on your social interaction with people. I see you as someone who isolate and keep to himself often, it's not helping you mentally, you need to interact more, make new friends, get a partner, attend outings if invited... according to ur post, u were once bright, why not get a side hustle or skill to support your salary, there are so many out there, plumbering, learning to place tiles, or even web and graphic designing. You can't remain a security guard forever, apply for other jobs too. Finally believe in God for upliftment, believe your situation will surely turn out good someday. Wish you all the best
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2019
tchidi066:
Yes, I always isolate myself and i feels im not good enough to have a partner now coz of the nature of my job

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by olisaEze(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2019
You’ve just been struggling with depression, but what u need is to snap out of it and stop feeling sorry for urself. Life’s hard and uve got to fight to get to where u want to be. From ur gist, u seem to look to others for direction when u only need to look inwards. If u can, get the book Awaken The Giant Within by Anthony Robbins. It helped me when I was down and motivated me to become the man that I am today. U might not believe it, but read it and thank me later. Peace....
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2019
olisaEze:
You’ve just been struggling with depression, but what u need is to snap out of it and stop feeling sorry for urself. Life’s hard and uve got to fight to get to where u want to be. From ur gist, u seem to look to others for direction when u only need to look inwards. If u can, get the book Awaken The Giant Within by Anthony Robbins. It helped me when I was down and motivated me to become the man that I am today. U might not believe it, but read it and thank me later. Peace....
Please, how can i get this book? link so i can download it. Thanks
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by tchidi066(f): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
Moezzy1:
Yes, I always isolate myself and i feels im not good enough to have a partner now coz of the nature of my job
Then you need to stop isolating yourself, go out there and see the world, i've seen people with lasser jobs than you and they have partners, stop seeing yourself as not good enough, improve your self esteem, give it a try first before you conclude, things can turn around for good with a positive mindset
#peace

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by annayawchee: 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2019
Lol.... Similar to me Sha but do you know? No one can save you but yourself. Search within and there lies answer you seek... Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Oshin56(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2019
Op try to control yourself and never think that what you are passing through is the end of your life as you. God will bless our hustling.

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2019
tchidi066:

Then you need to stop isolating yourself, go out there and see the world, i've seen people with lasser jobs than you and they have partners, stop seeing yourself as not good enough, improve your self esteem, give it a try first before you conclude, things can turn around for good with a positive mindset
#peace
Ok I will, thanks
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by IamMetallic: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
Prayers bro. Pray to God and please get to listen to gospel songs, it will help lift your spirit. Be hopeful.
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
Moezzy1:
I don't know how to start writing this and I'm even confused on what to write but i know deep down within me that something is wrong with my mental cry

I'm 27, and i am not focused about life, I tried to be focus but i keep blaming myself for how i have failed myself.

I remember when i was in Secondary School, i was one of the bright kid in my class, all through my primary education, my grades were very good. I had said to myself that i will be a graduate before I become 25, but my dreams were shattered embarassed what happened to me still remain a misery cry.

After her death, I was really broken coz know one to run to for any assistant. So i started working as a security guard in a company, 20k as salary.
I was trying to save some money so i can learn a skill but something happened, but i really don't know what happened embarassed

In 2016, a cousin of mine called and told me to quit the job, that he have a better plan for me. I didn't think twice, so i quite and move to the State where he was, the action i later regret.

When i got there it was not what i had expected, I was used, as a slave I don't know cry

I stayed there for close 3yrs, with nothing to show for it, each night i weep cry and i later realize that I'm not okay coz sometimes the kind of thought i had seems not to be my own.

About 7months ago, i moved back here to the State i was before, when i got here, I went back to the company i was working as a security guard, they accepted me back because they said i had a clean record when i was working with them.

Now in October, they transferred me to a private resident, to be working as a guard/gateman cry

I shouldn't have been here, my life is a failure. I'm trying so hard to control the state of mind coz it seems that im about to run mad.

I'm stuck

Help me Oh Lord cry

It is well with you.
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by aminusodiq(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
U still. Stuck in ur past bro... Hav a confidant nd do not giveup. There is always light at d end of d tunnel d thankful for life.... Its has bleeped everyone of use one way or d other!!! /God help us!
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by zexy2030(m): 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
Moezzy1[/quote]
Just stop that self pity talk, think on how to build yourself with the resources in your hand now.
Days of little beginning should not be despised.
What I see in your pain is comparison, there is no wisdom in comparison.
Comparison is good when you compare yourself with those u r better off but that shouldn't make complacent or contended but gradually build your life, as you work and quietly build your life prayerfully, your life will gradually improve and you will neither lament or blame ur father, dead mother or sibling for your failures. You r living, u r not handicapped, neither an orphan, nor homeless, or an abandoned cancer patient.
Think deep about what you have than what you don't have.
You even have an android phone to complain on nairaland. If some girls tell you what they suffer, you will thank God for being a guy and u r working.
See, I started life at 34(above now) though not married yet with endless struggles for17yrs of my life was sleeping in church, I left secondary school at 17...I won't tell u the rest, but trying to make u understand I senior you in this struggle. Don't consider your problems, thank God for your prospects, design a dream, gradually work on them. never too late to start afresh.
For instance, if education is your aim obtain GCE( 5k), buy text books, read and pray.
If u have 5crdts enrol for national open university.
Learn a skill on your off days like driving, graphics/ printing. Carwash can be part of your hussle..
So much more to do with your life to better your living than thinking of committing suicide or becoming mad.
Appreciate the rod in your hand, it can divide the red sea before you.
That's my advice.

3 Likes

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
zexy2030:
Moezzy1
Just stop that self pity talk, think on how to build yourself with the resources in your hand now.
Days of little beginning should not be despised.
What I see in your pain is comparison, there is no wisdom in comparison.
Comparison is good when you compare yourself with those u r better off but that shouldn't make complacent or contended but gradually build your life, as you work and quietly build your life prayerfully, your life will gradually improve and you will neither lament or blame ur father, dead mother or sibling for your failures. You r living, u r not handicapped, neither an orphan, nor homeless, or an abandoned cancer patient.
Think deep about what you have than what you don't have.
You even have an android phone to complain on nairaland. If some girls tell you what they suffer, you will thank God for being a guy and u r working.
See, I started life at 34(above now) though not married yet with endless struggles for17yrs of my life was sleeping in church, I left secondary school at 17...I won't tell u the rest, but trying to make u understand I senior you in this struggle. Don't consider your problems, thank God for your prospects, design a dream, gradually work on them. never too late to start afresh.
For instance, if education is your aim obtain GCE( 5k), buy text books, read and pray.
If u have 5crdts enrol for national open university.
Learn a skill on your off days like driving, graphics/ printing. Carwash can be part of your hussle..
So much more to do with your life to better your living than thinking of committing suicide or becoming mad.
Appreciate the rod in your hand, it can divide the red sea before you.
That's my advice.

Thank You Sir
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Headlesschicken(m): 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2019
Never give up bro, the sun must surely rise again no matter how long the night lasts..

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Fryzi(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
If you're mentally ill, who then typed this post? You're fine bro, the case here is that you need financial help and a better job to keep up to life. Lack of money can make one think he is mad and contemplating suicide. If everybody starts telling their stories, then you know you're better than a million people.
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
Moezzy1:
Op please avoid women at this stage of your life, especially Nigerian women!
They may end up making you lose your remaining sanity.
PLEASE FORGET ABOUT WOMEN NOW

1 Like

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by saladinnoir: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
Moezzy1:

I'm stuck

Help me Oh Lord cry

Nothing in this post hints at mental illness, your just going through ordeals exasperated by your financial situation, I'd dare say it's your lack of cash not your mom's death that's worrying you,am not saying you don't feel romorse but your lack of finiancial stability seems to be whats causing those thoughts and memories to surface
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

Op please avoid women at this stage of your life, especially Nigerian women!
They may end up making you lose your remaining sanity.
PLEASE FORGET ABOUT WOMEN NOW
I don't even have the boldness to approach any lady coz of my financial instability embarassed
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
You are going 2ru a depressive state which is a mental disorder but you aren't loosing your mind. Are u being maltreated where u are working presently? How about your siblings&dad,do u communicate with them? Have u any goal in life?Let's start from here.
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
Moezzy1:
I don't even have the boldness to approach any lady coz of my financial instability embarassed
Though this is an unfortunate circumstance that you find yourself in right now. But you are going to hate yourself if you date a Nigerian girl at this point of your life. Reason is that she will only be after your little salary which is not even enough for you and she can't respect you because you don't have money to pay her bills. Struggle and make it in life first, then you can talk about having a partner. You can even do anyhow you want with her because they love and respect a man with enough money

2 Likes

Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Moezzy1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
favoryte33:
You are going 2ru a depressive state which is a mental disorder but you aren't loosing your mind. Are u being maltreated where u are working presently? How about your siblings&dad,do u communicate with them? Have u any goal in life?Let's start from here.
No, im not been maltreated where i am working.
My dad is very old now and he lives in the Village, I hardly communicate with him, and i don't know why

I have two younger brothers, and an elder sister that is married..

I didn't have any goals, I'm trying to be focus, but i can't just think
Re: I think I'm Mentally ill, Please Help!!! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
@Moezzy1, That's where your problem stems from.See, when u have a goal,it ignites your passion to drive towards it. These occupies your mind&sets you up to becoming a responsible man. Think of what u are passionate about&let it drive your consciousness

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is A Broke Guy? / Marlians Dig Out Sex Video Of Pastor That Called Naira Marley A Demon{watch} / TOP 10 Nigerian Calebrities Who Were Born In Poor Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.