Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters (2780 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo / Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Edenitis(m): 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2010
From IBB till date, it has become known that Nigerians have a price. Pay it and you get your way with them.

That is why IBB still has substantial following;

That is why Atiku still has substantial following;

That is why GEJ thinks he will get substantial following.

That is why our lawmakers (wise men and women all) take certain decisions and we all wonder if they have lost it!  They have been bought!

Not all Nigerians will be bought.
Let the buyable ones go on burning their fingers.
The great Nigerians will soon emerge
No one will buy them
They will build the Nigeria of our dream'
I have a dream
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Abagworo(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2010
Naija dey trouble oh.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nsiman(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2010
How did sng knw $50,000 of $100 notes were packed right in the brown envelop. I smell a rat
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nsiman(m): 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2010
How did sng knw $50,000 of $100 notes were packed right in the brown envelop, something they say was in the secret was reported by who? I smell a rat
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by 9ijaMan: 4:12am On Nov 30, 2010
Nsiman:

How did sng knw $50,000 of $100 notes were packed right in the brown envelop, something they say was in the secret was reported by who? I smell a rat
Nsiman, are you sure you can count at all? Go and read all about this scandal in SR and you'll be able to findout how they knew. I repeat again that team GEJ has not refuted the bribery part but trying in futility to discredit SR.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Nov 30, 2010
9ijaMan:

Nsiman, are you sure you can count at all? Go and read all about this scandal in SR and you'll be able to findout how they knew. I repeat again that team GEJ has not refuted the bribery part but trying in futility to discredit SR.

About 72 hours since the initial report, I must say I am surprised !
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nsiman(m): 6:46am On Nov 30, 2010
This sng thing taking over pages on nl. WITH SNG's EXPLANATION, it looks too shallow to be called bribe. DID GEJ ASK THEM TO DO ANYTHING AS TO SUPPORT HIM and there4 induce them? I mean what was the 'bribe' for, or HOW DID SNG KNOW IT WAS $50,000?
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nsiman(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2010
@ 9ijaman and kobojunkie, oh, sng counted the money? If yes it means it was not up to the amount they expected,
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nsiman(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2010
@ 9ijaman and kobojunkie, oh, sng counted the money? If yes it means it was not up to the amount they expected,
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 30, 2010
Let's say GEJ offered them $50,000, was there a catch attached to it, was there any condition attached to the greek gift, if you come visit me and I offer you money without any thing attached behind it would that be termed a bribe ?, did GEJ tell them to support him by giving them the money, from the explanations of the SNG, the money was offered without any conditions attached to it----so would you term that a bribe, my bet is it was given as a form of transport or whatever as is the norm is most visit to any government functionary though i don't support this, come to think of it does GEJ see the group as being cheap to bribe them with $50,000, i don't think so, the fact that the presidential aides have come out to debunk the story shows that 1. yes money was given 2. but their was no conditions attached to it. It might have been a gift or whatever but I don't thinks its a bribe.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Kobojunkie: 9:49am On Nov 30, 2010
babasoty:

Let's say GEJ offered them $50,000, was there a catch attached to it, was there any condition attached to the greek gift, if you come visit me and I offer you money without any thing attached behind it would that be termed a bribe ?, did GEJ tell them to support him by giving them the money, from the explanations of the SNG, the money was offered without any conditions attached to it----so would you term that a bribe, my bet is it was given as a form of transport or whatever  as is the norm is most visit to any government functionary though i don't support this, come to think of it does GEJ see the group as being cheap to bribe them with $50,000,  i don't think so, the fact that the presidential aides have come out to debunk the story shows that 1. yes money was given 2. but their was no conditions attached to it. It might have been a gift or whatever but I don't thinks its a bribe.

Please ENOUGH !!!

Government officials DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT go around offering CASH gifts to people. There is no such thing as money offered by a Government official to any group, with no conditions attached, None! It all has to be done according to rule of Law. There are legal routes through which such gifts/donations/contributions ought to go through to ensure they are not construed as bribes. Please EDUCATE SELF to ri olorun!
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by 9ijaMan: 9:50am On Nov 30, 2010
Nsiman:

@ 9ijaman and kobojunkie, oh,  sng counted the money?   If yes it means it was not up to the amount they expected,
@Nsiman,
You are doing a worse job when compared to the rest of your team GEJ members. To what extent would you go to blindly support your saint GEJ? How difficult is it for you to know how much can be in 5 bales of 1000 naira notes. Following your line of thought would require that every single note is counted to be able to ascertain the total amount abi. How warped can you really get?

babasoty:

Let's say GEJ offered them $50,000, was there a catch attached to it, was there any condition attached to the greek gift, if you come visit me and I offer you money without any thing attached behind it would that be termed a bribe ?, did GEJ tell them to support him by giving them the money, from the explanations of the SNG, the money was offered without any conditions attached to it----so would you term that a bribe, my bet is it was given as a form of transport or whatever  as is the norm is most visit to any government functionary though i don't support this, come to think of it does GEJ see the group as being cheap to bribe them with $50,000,  i don't think so, the fact that the presidential aides have come out to debunk the story shows that 1. yes money was given 2. but their was no conditions attached to it. It might have been a gift or whatever but I don't thinks its a bribe.
I guess by the time GEJ doles out 50K USD (about 7.5M Niara) to every visitor who goes to Aso Rock then we'll be left with nothing to develop the nation. Your logic is really mischievous. So a team of not more than five guys need 7.5M naira as transport money? Yet people like you would come out with guns blaring if this scandal had emanated from Atiku's camp. I get really sickened and depressed whenever I read such comments from today's youths who are supposedly the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2010
@kobojunkie and 9jaman,

Its easy to believe pastor tunde bakare or sahara reporters well because we all know tunde bakare, he is a man of God, he is a social crusader etc, yes that's the only reasons you guys believe his story and apart from the fact that you hate GEJ with a passion and would wanna see him loose the elections, let bakare and odumakin come out and say there was a catch attached to the money offered them, one other thing you guys are failing to comprehend right now is that its a two way story, "he say, she say " SNG has come out blazing through the media and all that they were offered bribes and Orubebe has come out through that same media to say no way we never offered any bribes, but everyone wants to belief SNG not Orubebe and co because "they are the government" , have you ever thought that Orubebe may be telling the truth, nope. because he is a part of the government he must be lying, guys I'm only being blunt with my assesment I don't think GEJ and co would be too dumb to wanna bribe Bakare with $50,000, granted they might have offered him money, all I'm saying is I don't think there was a catch or whatever attached to it, if there was I don't think Orubebe would be so bold to also come out denying it, like I said earlier I don't support the idea but it's been done, visit your member in the assembly and surely he'd wanna give you transport fare back home even if you drove yourself down there, everyone including GEJ and co knows that bakare supports Buhari, now in trying to corner that man into your side would you wanna do it with $50,000.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by debosky(m): 11:48am On Nov 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please EDUCATE SELF[b] to ri olorun! [/b]

GEJ has forced Kobo to start speaking Yoruba. cheesy cheesy cheesy

babasoty:

@kobojunkie and 9jaman,

Its easy to believe pastor tunde bakare or sahara reporters well because we all know tunde bakare, he is a man of God, he is a social crusader etc, yes that's the only reasons you guys believe his story and apart from the fact that you hate GEJ with a passion and would wanna see him loose the elections, let bakare and odumakin come out and say there was a catch attached to the money offered them, one other thing you guys are failing to comprehend right now is that its a two way story, "he say, she say " SNG has come out blazing through the media and all that they were offered bribes and Orubebe has come out through that same media to say no way we never offered any bribes, but everyone wants to belief SNG not Orubebe and co because "they are the government" , have you ever thought that Orubebe may be telling the truth, nope. because he is a part of the government he must be lying, guys I'm only being blunt with my assesment I don't think GEJ and co would be too dumb to wanna bribe Bakare with $50,000, granted they might have offered him money, all I'm saying is I don't think there was a catch or whatever attached to it, if there was I don't think Orubebe would be so bold to also come out denying it, like I said earlier I don't support the idea but it's been done, visit your member in the assembly and surely he'd wanna give you transport fare back home even if you drove yourself down there, everyone including GEJ and co knows that bakare supports Buhari, now in trying to corner that man into your side would you wanna do it with $50,000.

I think some of you have become corrupted and can't see what is wrong anymore. Why on earth should the president be 'dashing' away $50,000 of our money in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE?

Is that what he was sworn in to do? Dash out money?

Did they ask for transport fare? Did they say they were poor men who couldn't afford to get themselves home?

Furthermore, they have apparently visited the president before now, so why is he offering them a 'gift' now of all times? Is it a Christmas, Eid El Kabir or New Yam Festival gift?

It is a bribe, without a doubt - it is intended to influence them one way or the other. This utter stupidity of saying 'ordinary' $50,000 should stop. Most of you have never seen $50,000 in your lives, neither have you worked for it, yet you think it is ok for GEJ to be handing it out like sweets at a one year old party.

This is why the saying goes that the followers get the leaders they deserve.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2010
I think some of you have become corrupted and can't see what is wrong anymore. Why on earth should the president be 'dashing' away $50,000 of our money in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE?

Is that what he was sworn in to do? Dash out money?

Did they ask for transport fare? Did they say they were poor men who couldn't afford to get themselves home?

Furthermore, they have apparently visited the president before now, so why is he offering them a 'gift' now of all times? Is it a Christmas, Eid El Kabir or New Yam Festival gift?

It is a bribe, without a doubt - it is intended to influence them one way or the other. This utter stupidity of saying 'ordinary' $50,000 should stop. Most of you have never seen $50,000 in your lives, neither have you worked for it, yet you think it is ok for GEJ to be handing it out like sweets at a one year old party.

This is why the saying goes that the followers get the leaders they deserve.

Now who is more stupid between GEJ and the so called social crusaders, what is a "bribe" apparently you didn't read the response of Yinka Odumakin in SR, in one vein he calls it a "gift", in another its being referred to as a "bribe", Someone comes to bribe you instead of sticking to your principles and saying NO, you accept it, does that make sense ?, would they have been shot if they have said NO and not accept it, rather they accepted it, took it to their hotel, counted it, and then returned it back, does that look like the doings of social incorruptible crusaders, I guess you also read the article on SR, never was there a mention of the money been given to influence them in any way or shut their continual criticism of GEJ, according to them they went their at an ungodly hour even to let GEJ know why they wont support him and they feel it was GEJ's camp that leaked the story to the press, that means if it wasn't GEJ's camp which blew the story they wouldn't have told a soul they were "bribed", c'mon man be reasonable, ask yourselves this question, "Why did they not out-rightly reject the money ?, Why accept it take it to their hotel, count it and then return it back ?, with that attitude it only points that if the money was higher than the said amount they wouldn't have returned it but they felt it was too small that's why they did so, saying they accepted it so as not to create a scene in Aso Rock was the most idiotic response i have ever heard, would they have been killed if they rejected it, NO rather we would have been celebrating them as heroes who aren't gullible as others, but nope they decided by shooting themselves in the foot by accepting it, that singular act my friend makes this idiots more corrupt than the man they call corrupt, in bribery their is a giving and a taking and a compromise agreed, He gave them a "gift" or "bribe" whatever we call it and they accepted it, QED.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by 9ijaMan: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2010
babasoty:

@kobojunkie and 9jaman,

Its easy to believe pastor tunde bakare or sahara reporters well because we all know tunde bakare, he is a man of God, he is a social crusader etc, yes that's the only reasonses you guys believe his story and apart from the fact that you hate GEJ with a passion and would wanna see him loose the elections, let bakare and odumakin come out and say there was a catch attached to the money offered them, one other thing you guys are failing to comprehend right now is that its a two way story, "he say, she say " SNG has come out blazing through the media and all that they were offered bribes and Orubebe has come out through that same media to say no way we never offered any bribes, but everyone wants to belief SNG not Orubebe and co because "they are the government" , have you ever thought that Orubebe may be telling the truth, nope. because he is a part of the government he must be lying, guys[b] I'm only being blunt with my assesment I don't think GEJ and co would be too dumb to wanna bribe Bakare with $50,000, granted they might have offered him money[/b],  all I'm saying is I don't think there was a catch or whatever attached to it, if there was I don't think Orubebe would be so bold to also come out denying it, like I said earlier I don't support the idea but it's been done, visit your member in the assembly and surely he'd wanna give you transport  fare back home even if you drove yourself down there, everyone including GEJ and co knows that bakare supports Buhari, now in trying to corner that man into your side would you wanna do it with $50,000.
@babasoty,
Here are some response to your post above:

I do not hate GEJ with passion, I've only known him long enough to know he's a big fraud. I lived and worked in the south-south for several years and frequented most parts of Bayelsa when Alams and later GEJ held sway as governors of the state. I'm aware of his antecedents while in Bayelsa state. Yes I would not want him to win the elections 'cos I know he's a fraud, besides he cannot better Atiku in the PDP primaries.

The media noise started first from the presidency (read the original SR report on this scandal) and Orubebe has not denied offering bribe, he only stated that"there is absolutely no reason to bribe the Save Nigeria Group". This statement in itself is not a denial. A true denial will see Orubebe stating in unequivocal terms that he did not bribe the SNG and that the pastor and other SNG guys are lying. At best Orubebe and the rest of team GEJ have only engaged in an otiose undertaking to discredit Sahara Reporters.

Yes I wanted to believe Orubebe was telling the truth, but his lame response smacks of someone who is culpable. I have weighed it severally and debated with Nigerian colleagues in my office, the verdict we all reached was that GEJ and his team were complicit in this scandal.

You are not being blunt at all in your assessment but being totally sentimental. Just drop the toga of nepotism/tribalism or religious bigotry and think for once about how you would have reacted if it was Atiku, IBB, Buhari or Ribadu who had made an effort to "Bribe" the SNG group.
GEJ has shown he's a lot dumber than he's been with this scandal (if eventually the whole truth gets out to the open). Suspending 9ja from all FIFA organized competitions is a lot more dumber than this episode. At least this bribery scandal is an internal (Nigerian issue) compared to making Nigeria a complete laughing stock when he announced 9ja's withdrawals from FIFA competitions. I could not even face my non-9ja colleagues at work.

You also stated that "granted he (GEJ) might have offered him (SNG) money" and there is no catch to it, then abeg explain to us what the money is meant for. A bribe is a bribe (Orubebe said as much) regardless of the amount. If I follow your logic, its alright if the president doles aout $50K US dollars to every D, ick and harry who pays him a visit. That amount (roughly, 7.5 million Naira) is by far above even Orubebe's pay grade (excluding allowances) and amounts to about 25% of Orubebe's total emolument annually. See link below.
[url=http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/workforce/nov/09/workforce-09-11-2009-001.htm[/b]]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/workforce/nov/09/workforce-09-11-2009-001.htm[/url]

My brother shine ya eyes, GEJ is not the sint you think him to be.
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2010
@babasoty,
Here are some response to your post above:

I do not hate GEJ with passion, I've only known him long enough to know he's a big fraud. I lived and worked in the south-south for several years and frequented most parts of Bayelsa when Alams and later GEJ held sway as governors of the state. I'm aware of his antecedents while in Bayelsa state. Yes I would not want him to win the elections 'cos I know he's a fraud, besides he cannot better Atiku in the PDP primaries.

The media noise started first from the presidency (read the original SR report on this scandal) and Orubebe has not denied offering bribe, he only stated that"there is absolutely no reason to bribe the Save Nigeria Group". This statement in itself is not a denial. A true denial will see Orubebe stating in unequivocal terms that he did not bribe the SNG and that the pastor and other SNG guys are lying. At best Orubebe and the rest of team GEJ have only engaged in an otiose undertaking to discredit Sahara Reporters.

Yes I wanted to believe Orubebe was telling the truth, but his lame response smacks of someone who is culpable. I have weighed it severally and debated with Nigerian colleagues in my office, the verdict we all reached was that GEJ and his team were complicit in this scandal.

You are not being blunt at all in your assessment but being totally sentimental. Just drop the toga of nepotism/tribalism or religious bigotry and think for once about how you would have reacted if it was Atiku, IBB, Buhari or Ribadu who had made an effort to "Bribe" the SNG group.
GEJ has shown he's a lot dumber than he's been with this scandal (if eventually the whole truth gets out to the open). Suspending 9ja from all FIFA organized competitions is a lot more dumber than this episode. At least this bribery scandal is an internal (Nigerian issue) compared to making Nigeria a complete laughing stock when he announced 9ja's withdrawals from FIFA competitions. I could not even face my non-9ja colleagues at work.

You also stated that "granted he (GEJ) might have offered him (SNG) money" and there is no catch to it, then abeg explain to us what the money is meant for. A bribe is a bribe (Orubebe said as much) regardless of the amount. If I follow your logic, its alright if the president doles aout $50K US dollars to every D, ick and harry who pays him a visit. That amount (roughly, 7.5 million Naira) is by far above even Orubebe's pay grade (excluding allowances) and amounts to about 25% of Orubebe's total emolument annually. See link below.
]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/workforce/nov/09/workforce-09-11-2009-001.htm

My brother shine ya eyes, GEJ is not the sint you think him to be.

My brother i dey shine my eyes, in the world of the blind the one eyed man is the king, in all the blind aspirants coming out GEJ is the one eyed man,
What other reason do we want Orubebe to say it just like the way he said it "There is absolutely no reason to bribe them" finish, no reason, SNG can not tip the scale in the forthcoming PDP primaries neither can they do that in the forthcoming elections, if we both know Tunde Bakare is an avid fan of Buhari do you think the likes of GEJ or wont also be aware, for the fact that a group opposed to the candidacy of GEJ and still allowed access to him shows that GEJ is humane and listening enough, remember they said they wanted to meet him and tell him why they wont support him, so you mean if GEJ had not squealed to the press the SNG fellas wouldn't have told anyone that they were bribed, does that sound right, if it was anyone one else i would react the same way, they shot themselves in the foot by accepting it, even if they returned it later, they have no moral justification to cry being bribed when they accepted it at first, even if they returned it later, All I'm saying is this, THEY SHOULD HAVE UPHELD THEIR PRINCIPLE AND SAID NO AT THE ONSET, not accepting it, taking it to their hotel and then returning it later then crying wolf, as for suspending Nigeria from FIFA events, i don't wanna dwell on it, its been flogged enough your not in Nigeria i guess so you can't start gauging peoples reaction and ecstasy to that news here in Nigeria while your there, it might sound dumb over there because their football houses have honest men there not here where u have rogues that feel they have nothing to account for in ruining our football, the only thing that unites us as a country.

MY BROTHER MY EYES DEY SHINE
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2010
[size=13pt]Alleged $50,000 bribe was actually tithe[/size]

Abuja - Wazobia Report has obtained a copy of a secret memo being prepared by the Ministry of information in response to the furore over the alleged $50,000 bribe.

The document, obtained from the notorious website, wikileaks, purports to present Aso Rock's side of the story, even as more members of the Save Nigeria Group, SNG, have been coming forward to substantiate their group's story.

According to the leaked memo, the SNG, led by Pastor Tunde Bakare, was invited to take a tour of Aso Rock and to pray for its occupants. But for some unfathomable reason, members of the group became fixated with a fantasy that they were actually on some sort of official mission to present the president with a report card of his time in office.

The memo stresses that there are no provisions for a group like the SNG to review the president's performance in any official capacity, hence their claim of haven done exactly that, and presented a scathing report, should easily be dismissed as nothing but blatant fantasy.

The author or authors of the memo further pointed out that everyone knows $50,000 is what a senator spends on imported dog food in a month; to claim that this paltry sum was intended as a bribe is thus ridiculous, unwarranted and unreasonable. In all honestly, it goes against the acceptable bribery benchmark in Abuja.

The memo concludes by asserting that the president himself has been consulted on the matter, and while he does not want to join issues with a group of touring guests, he has provided an absolutely convincing explanation of the cash gift.

According to Mr President (allegedly), he agreed to meet with the group out of courtesy. He was however shocked when members of the group started to question him on issues of national security that clearly did not concern them. In respectable presidential manner, however, he listened to them and allowed them to rave and rant, and when they were ready to continue on their tour of the villa, he bade them fair-well and reminded them to pick up their "Aso Rock rocks!" commemorative T-shirts on their way home.

It was at this point that Mr President remembered he had not paid his tithe for the month. Being a very effective man, who is used to multi tasking and killing several birds with one stone, he decided to entrust his tithe with the group, after-all, they were led by a pastor, so it was only reasonable to assume that they were a religious group.

- Joe Aibozaw

http://www.wazobiareport.com/default.aspx/Alleged-$50,000-bribe-was-actually-tithe
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2010
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone, even a government would pretend this even makes sense. . . . Nigerians and delusions of grandeur. How this one take enter memo wey reach wikileaks in 2 minutes? O ga oo!! ROFLMAO!
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2010
I just couldn't resists. Whose tithe is this and for what period?

a) the month of October for the president ? --- you mean the president made about $500,000 last month? shocked

b) the month of October for all of Nigeria? -- Since when did the nation start paying Tithe?

c) The president's tithe for last year? --- You mean the president made about $500,000 last year? shocked

d) Nigeria's tithe for last year? --- Since when did the nation start paying Tithe?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by 9ijaMan: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I just couldn't resists. Whose tithe is this and for what period?

a) the month of October for the president ? --- you mean the president made about $500,000 last month? shocked

b) the month of October for all of Nigeria? -- Since when did the nation start paying Tithe?

c) The president's tithe for last year? --- You mean the president made about $500,000 last year? shocked

d) Nigeria's tithe for last year? --- Since when did the nation start paying Tithe?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kobo abeg you will burst my rib cage with these your comments o!
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by debosky(m): 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2010
Wikileaks ko, wee wee leaks ni. grin
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by koruji(m): 1:41am On Dec 01, 2010
He he he. I think the story was more satire than a real news piece.  grin

There are more stories on that site that will quickly show they are a bunch of comedians:

IBB to dress up as Father Christmas
[url=http://www.wazobiareport.com/default.aspx/Release-Abdulmutallab-to-us,-says-Association-of-US-visa-applicants.]Release Abdulmutallab to us, says Association of US visa applicants.[/url]

Kobojunkie:

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone, even a government would pretend this even makes sense. . . . Nigerians and delusions of grandeur. How this one take enter memo wey reach wikileaks in 2 minutes? O ga oo!! ROFLMAO!
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by koruji(m): 1:59am On Dec 01, 2010
I have being watching the back & forth over this sorry saga.

Above all else, I am amazed at Nigerians who have declared that $50,000 was not enough to be a bribe. What!

Isn't this the same country with a per capita annual income of less than $2000? By the way, $50,000 is more than the average income of an American.

Another comparison: this $50,000 (N7.5 million) is 3/4 of the N10 million media purchase IBB put up for a bunch of journalists a couple of months ago.

I think what people are implying here is that what we know about corruption in Nigeria is not even a tenth of it.

No wonder the NASS did not see anything wrong with their objection to Sanusi's claim that they consume 25% of national revenues. It is no more thant 2.5-4% they claim. Foolish people. Less than 500 people spending up to 4% of revenues belonging to 150 million - they are furious that someone could mistake that for 25%. [size=14pt]Nothing wrong with consuming 2.5% of our revenues, afterall each member of the NASS is consuming only 0.005% of national revenues, the sorry rest can, theoretically speaking, make do with 0.00000065% per person!!![/size]. I think Sanusi was baiting them, even if not I hope he answers their invitation and lambasts them face to face.

I pity a s.tupid nation that will always be led by s.tupid leaders unless they wisen up shocked  angry cry shocked
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by 9ijaMan: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2010
Spot on!
Re: Jonathan Offered Sng Delegation $50,000 Bribe - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2010
enough noise

december is here

can gejs online minister of mispropaganda kindly organise an Aso Rock visit for us -

we also want our legit, above board and transparent $50k in transport money from uncle joe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland's Hacker Attack: Musiwa A Suspect / Buhari Uses "Man-know-man" To Collect Bank Loan To Buy Nomination Form / Mystery Alien That Caught Fire In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.