Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery (62800 Views)

JAMB Score For Medicine, Is 248 Okay? / Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / JAMB 2023 Cut Off Mark for Medicine, Law, Engineering, Accounting etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by showafrica(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
MrStan11:
That's how they change peoples destiny in this zoo.

Whoever, says Nigeria will be great is just joking. The root is uprooted since, some of us are just hustling to japa finally.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by ilemona4u: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2019
LagosEconomist:
A girl like that should not settle for ABU.

The world is her oyster. She or her parents should get in touch.
Hello, good evening sir. I just sent you a a mail. Your assistance /response will be highly appreciated Sir. Here's a whatsapp number... 08148680882 for detailed explanation. God bless
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by mamaafrik(m): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
maasoap:

Is this the lies you're telling yourself to make yourself sleep better at night? You actually did a partially good job by trying to distance yourself from your first comment that referred to all northerners. It seemed that your brain booted a little bit after the first comment, that's why you are now telling us the category of northerners (the minority, the Christians, the north central folks). Boy, walahi, your brain is messed up pretty badly! But don't forget that northerners are the ones feeding your sorry as$ and yeah, the richest man in Nigeria is a northerner. Before I forgot, five states in Nigeria are currently paying the new minimum, four of them are northern states.
abeg swerve,you are dumb
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by masseratti: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
it's a federal govt policy to ensure representation for everyone... my cousin applied for chem engineering got chemistry he is from edo State... cut off mark are not fix student performance determines it every year... d lady I learnt is from kogi and her score didn't meet merit neither catchment area since plenty kogites ll apply for Abu less educationally developed states uncore same between fewer spaces for mbbs which plenty folks are gunning for...
I don't understand what you are saying, seems you and the school does not understand what a cut off mark is, cut off mark is strictly based on merit, no other thing should come forth, most schools proud themselves for producing the best brains, that's what "cut off mark" is, another conditions, like state, catchments, sports abilities comes after that.

My point is simply that the school should have known what students who applied to attend scored and determine what their cut off mark will be, rather than announcing a cut of mark that a good number on a state scored, this is so simple, after that they can use other criteria to admit others... This is not rocket science, but this is what have been holding Nigeria back since.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OwoukoUrua(m): 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Caseless: 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Fake story
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
masseratti:
I don't understand what you are saying, seems you and the school does not understand what a cut off mark is, cut off mark is strictly based on merit, no other thing should come forth, most schools proud themselves for producing the best brains, that's why "cut off mark" is, another conditions, like state, catchments, sports abilities comes after that.

My point is simply that the school should have known what students who applied to attend scored and determine what their cut off mark will be, rather than announcing a cut of mark that a good number on a state scored, this is so simple, after that they can use other criteria to admit others... This is not rocket science, but this is what have been holding Nigeria back since.
I get ur point merit list is irrespective of where u come from so long u meet up d score...

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Fayos1(m): 2:54am On Dec 27, 2019
Slynation:

Broz which Course & which Uni?
ABU Zaria.
Mbbs
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Abdulmuminkazee: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2019
Hmm, comments above made me laugh...

We've to consider some facts in ABU admission process especially that of Faculty of Medicine (MBBS).

ABU has a 80:40 slots for admitting students of Medicine from all states of the federation.

80 for students from Utme, Ijmb, DE while
40 for those students from sbrs(school of basic and remedial study).

Scoring high in jamb doesn't guarantee direct admission into ABU, you've to as well score very high in her Post Utme because they make use of average scores ,not the 302 she got.

Her average add up to 288, not even close to 300+. If I could recall, as at 2017 a friend of mine who scored 304 was denied admission to study MBBS in that same ABU without been considered for another course. He was later ADMITTED to study Radiography with 293 after having his course changed from MBBS(2018)..

So I see no reason people should Blame ABU for not admitting her, because a guy from Niger with 299 was ADMITTED this year to read MBBS.

She may score high but there exist competition from her state....

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by edoairways: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
Abdulmuminkazee:

We've to consider some facts in ABU admission process especially that of Faculty of Medicine (MBBS).

ABU has a 80:40 slots for admitting students of Medicine from all states of the federation.

Scoring high in jamb doesn't guarantee direct admission into ABU, you've to as well score very high in her Post Utme because they make use of average scores ,not the 302 she got.

Her average add up to 288, not even close to 300+. If I could recall, as at 2017 a friend of mine who scored 304 was denied admission to study MBBS in that same ABU without been considered for another course. He was later ADMITTED to study Radiography with 293 after having his course changed from MBBS(2018)..

So I see no reason people should Blame ABU for not admitting her, because a guy from Niger with 299 was ADMITTED this year to read MBBS.

Many of those kids don't hearken to advice but would cry foul if it doesn't favour them. That girl applied for a competitive course that has strict policy in admission. Choose less competitive course or university they wouldn't rather they insist on studying a particular course
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by mujibson(m): 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
Abdulmuminkazee:

Your friend. George Cayman?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2 / Caption This Photo Of A Proud Father And His Daughters During Graduation / Can You Solve This Math Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.