Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? (89047 Views)

The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning / See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by omoobaadeNGR: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

There is no such thing as a brown mamba
Well, it's a mamba. and the color is brown. Mamba could be green, black or brown in color.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Jaqenhghar: 9:39am On Dec 20, 2019
omoobaadeNGR:

Well, it's a mamba. and the color is brown. Mamba could be green, black or brown in color.
Black mamaba are usually brown or greyish in colour. They are called black because of the black in the mouth. Rarely is the body black then we have the green mamaba which is grwwn in colour
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Mrwillison8080: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2019
Today is a must win, it available just call or Whatsapp me
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Mkez(m): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2019
I dream about snake tonight opening NL reading about snake. hmmmmm
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by merits(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2019
lloydtruth:
The Snake I killed in my compound, who knows the Name?
why do you killed this beautiful creature?you suppose to keep it as a pet for yourself.

I will never tell you the name, you killed it.what do you need name for again?
#-+$100
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2019
It's very likely an african house snake or some West African colubrid, but the exact specie is hard to tell because the head is not clear in the picture; possibly a rat snake. Most colubrids are non venomous, and even the venomous ones are not really lethal to humans, only to rats and lizards. African house snakes don't bite either.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by cardoctor(m): 10:01am On Dec 20, 2019
For me to help u, u must open it's mouth and count the teeth. Let me know how many long ones are on the upper jaw.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by omoobaadeNGR: 10:14am On Dec 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Black mamaba are usually brown or greyish in colour. They are called black because of the black in the mouth. Rarely is the body black then we have the green mamaba which is grwwn in colour
Well, no such thing as black mamaba as you have typed repeatedly. the snake is known as mamba. EOD.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Vic74real: 10:49am On Dec 20, 2019
Adanairaland:
How are we supposed to know the name?

Na we born am?
Chai! That nailed it!
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2019
This is the green mamba .. this one is a big adult .. yorubas call it soro.. very stubborn .. super fast
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Rozaytee: 10:51am On Dec 20, 2019
Adanairaland:

Na we born am?
babe haba grin grin
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Vic74real: 10:52am On Dec 20, 2019
etebefia:
Fly fly snake grin grin grin
Compound flying snake
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by MakyavelitheDon(m): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2019
[quote author=etebefia post=85051279][/quote]

Never heard such Cock and bull in a long time.
We don't have cotton mouths nor mambas in west Africa homie
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by olat86(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2019
Black mamba
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Jaqenhghar: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2019
omoobaadeNGR:

Well, no such thing as black mamaba as you have typed repeatedly. the snake is known as mamba. EOD.
Wgatever floats your boat. You can call it a unicorn who gives a shít
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Cjayboy: 11:16am On Dec 20, 2019
This is a poisonous snake oooo..
The real name na SNAKE.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by grandstar(m): 11:17am On Dec 20, 2019
temmytopsy1:
This was the type we killed last in our compound, they are very fast. somebody said they can fly

I doubt Nigeria has flying snakes. They do exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKSKxQcyYdE
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Myself2(m): 11:23am On Dec 20, 2019
Adanairaland:

Na we born am?

It's actually the forest green lalatus serpentus
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2019
Myself2:

It's actually the forest green lalatus serpentus

I hate snakes, I don't care about their names.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by saintruky(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2019
lloydtruth:

Looks like a king cobra
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by zexy2030(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2019
lloydtruth:
Linda
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by jnoz23(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bagehot:

Are you then suggesting we all pause a minute and say to ourselves "Oh my! Let me check if this snake on my porch is venomous or dangerous before I think of killing it!" I hope you know most Nigerian hospitals don't stock anti-venom?

U dey mind them, so I should look at that horrible snake and be forming Justin bieber?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by BigchiefNelly: 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2019
That is a king cobra.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by manshoro: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
It is called the Rat Snake
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by manshoro: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
It is called the Rat Snake.
It is not really poisonous and can run very fast.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Braen(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
His name is Ganiyu Abdl Ejo. He is a Boko Haramist; na God save you o
mumu
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Braen(m): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
dawnomike:
Please be very careful in your compound... And may the ungentle soul of the snake rest in perfect peace
amen � �
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Braen(m): 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
temmytopsy1:
This was the type we killed last in our compound, they are very fast. somebody said they can fly
praise God
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Obedinoh(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
IT'S CALLED REPTUS SERPENTIS.......In otherwords, let's all stand and observe a minute silence for d just departed legendary member of d LALA's administration....REST WELL IN D BOSSOM OF DIA BELLY!
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by dukeprince50: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
Kreamie:
It’s actually a harmless non venomous snake that feeds on rodents, roads and frogs but unfortunately for it, it was hatched/born in Nigeria where all snakes/reptiles are perceived as venomous.

Even the gentle giants (constrictors) are gruesomely killed. cry
That's a venomous snake, non venomous has a distinctive appearance and distinctive eyes.
BTW, constrictors are not gentle giants o, they are masters of stealth, but if e hold u eh... I had the opportunity of dealing with a python when I was in school, its not big enough to kill me but when it ties itself around me, as small as it is, I needed help to loose the grip, and it also bit someone and she ended up in stitches. They are sluggish but ferrocious killers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Snake Swallowing Another Snake In Enugu (Photos) / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions / "Human-sized" Fish At Apo Junction In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.