Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? (89064 Views)

The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning / See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
iambloody elvis121 captainmitch
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Robchuks77(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
His name Is Chikwado
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by ezugegere(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
That snake is actually harmless to humans. We used to catch with hands those days
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by toprealman: 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kreamie:
It’s actually a harmless non venomous snake that feeds on rodents, roads and frogs but unfortunately for it, it was hatched/born in Nigeria where all snakes/reptiles are perceived as venomous.

Even the gentle giants (constrictors) are gruesomely killed. cry
Question: please what is the name of this snake.
(Check your response and try again)
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 10:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kreamie:
It’s actually a harmless non venomous snake that feeds on rodents, roads and frogs but unfortunately for it, it was hatched/born in Nigeria where all snakes/reptiles are perceived as venomous.

It is venomous... I think its a member of the viper family. Its fast n lizards die in minutes from its bite. Called Orura in Igbo language. Has killed many ignorant cos its actually aggressive.

3 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
Rekhina:
Y so rude on the option ,the snake is Afamed snake of UAE like a desert snake

Rude?

You don't know what being sarcastic means..
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by BamBella(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
It sure looks like a Black Mamba.

PS: A Black Mamba isn't necessarily black in colour though, for those asking why it isn't black.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by MunorAnne(f): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kreamie:

Bros, no vex o. But anytime you see any snake, first ask am if e dey venomous or not, then come back come tell us e reply.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Correcton(m): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
Agbakoba
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Giftexx: 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
True, actually they jump
temmytopsy1:
This was the type we killed last in our compound, they are very fast. somebody said they can fly
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
mamaafrik:
You mean everyone above don't know the name of that,well,according to the National Geographic channel,(Yoruba ),it is called Osha,what did i call it,oshaaaaa.
You can now be going.
you're right bro

Osha Elepo
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by GeorgeLoveable(m): 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2019
Its a harmless brown snake.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by atimadesign(m): 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
Reptile cool :PDanger
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by kenny160: 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
mamba
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
lloydtruth:
The Snake I killed in my compound, who knows the Name?

Looks like a cobra
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by richard870(m): 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
lloydtruth:
Thats a mamba! One of the most venomous snakes in the whole world. Thank God it didn't get to bite people ....
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
temmytopsy1:
This was the type we killed last in our compound, they are very fast. somebody said they can fly

Snakes cant fly.

Only a few species glide from tree to tree

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by seancombs617: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ha!!!! This is the venomous snake "Vector tha Viper!!!
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kreamie:

Wetin be the name?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
SamOyovwi:
The Green snake is the fastest

I think the black mamba is the fastest snake on earth
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by 1972xy: 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
lloydtruth:
Yellow serpent
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by iberu001(m): 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
That's a forest cobra snake and very venomous.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Enwhen(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
temmytopsy1:

This one doesn't fly

It's the pure black and short one that flies
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by danot1030: 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
lloydtruth:

Ejo
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Humulity: 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
Orira in Igbo language. Can grow as long as 6ft and very fast.
Common in some part of Anambra, especially around human inhabitated areas.

2 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by awapp: 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
Haba... You've destroyed the evidence (the head) �
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Mrkarlz(m): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
Simply_snake is the name
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by Julius1351(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kreamie:

u mean am? Snakes dey wey no get venom!?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by ecto(m): 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
temmytopsy1:
Hmmmm that uncle can lie oooo
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? by friday2011(m): 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
lloydtruth:

Serpentis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Snake Swallowing Another Snake In Enugu (Photos) / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions / "Human-sized" Fish At Apo Junction In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.