Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje (53567 Views)

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement / Sule Abdullahi On Sanusi: Ganduje Called To Ask If I Would Accept Deposed Emir / Tinubu, Emir Sanusi, Ganduje, Visit Tambuwal, Shehu Shagari Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
gbengress1:
The Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, on Thursday said he has received a letter from 35 civil society organisations calling for the immediate dethronement of the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, for disobedience to constituted authority.

Mr Ganduje’s spokesperson, Abba Anwar, in a statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES said the CSOs are concerned that Mr Sanusi is making efforts to create a state within a state.

Mr Anwar did not list the 35 CSOs but said their request was signed by Ibrahim Ali, described as the chairman of the coalition.

Mr Ganduje has sought to whittle down the influence of Mr Sanusi by creating four new emirates and appointing first-class emirs for them.

Before the new law was put in place, the emir of Kano was the only first-class emir in the state.

Mr Ganduje has defended his actions saying it was in meeting with the popular demand of residents of the state.

Critics, however, say Mr Ganduje is moving against Mr Sanusi because the latter was critical of his government and did not support his re-election.

In his statement, Mr Anwar did not indicate if the governor would commence the process to dethrone Mr Sanusi and when that would be done.

Below is Mr Anwar’s full statement.

Kano Emirates: Gov. Ganduje Receives Letter From CSOs Urging For Immediate Dethronement of Emir Sanusi II

Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano state has received a letter from a coalition of 35 civil society groups urging him to, in the interest of protecting the sanctity of the rule of law, and the mandate given to him by Kano electorate, as a matter of urgency, start the process of dethroning the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II.

The letter titled “Kano State Emirate Council Law, 2019 : Demand Letter” states clearly that, “The coalition of 35 Civil Society Groups under the above-mentioned group (UMBRELLA OF KANO CONCERNED CIVIL SOCIETY GROUPS) are curiously studying the unfolding events in the running of Kano State affairs especially in recent time, as it relates to the lingering face-off between the Government of Kano State on one hand and the Emir of Kano on the other hand.”
Reminding specifically that, matters that arose from the aftermath of Kano State High Court decision nullifying the Kano State Emirate Council Law, that was enacted by the State House of Assembly, which eventually paved way for the enactment of another Law, creating additional 4 First Class Emirates, which also empowers the Governor to take disciplinary measures against any erring emir, “…should be effected,” according to the letter.

The letter was signed by Comrade Ibrahim Ali, Chairman of the Coalition, which continues that, “Soon afterwards, the same Law which repeals all the existing Emirate Councils Laws, and consolidates it in the Kano State Emirate Council Law 2019, was again been challenged first by the purportedly 5 kingmakers from one of the 5 Emirates established by the said law.”

The letter lamented that, even the “…second litigation was initiated by the so-called Kano State Elders who indulged their group in their understanding that, the Law was aimed at distorting 1000 years of heritage or thereafter of Kano.”

After narrating all the disagreed areas in the letter, the group demands that, “That the action of the Emir of Kano Malam Muhammadu Sanusi II of continued undermining the constituted authority of the government of Kano State and its organs, is not only unconstitutional, but is an effort to create a state within a state. Which no responsible leadership will tolerate and allow to remain unabated.”

After dismissing the “Kano Elders” claim in making reference to “1000 years of heritage” the group deems it to say that that position was diversionary and only an attempt to derail from the reality, “…that the so-called elders making reference to 1000 years old heritage are completely derailing from the reality.”

They suggested that “With the recent decision of Kano State High Court, His Excellency shall proceed and ensure the full take-off of the Council of Emirs in the State. So as to stop the current distraction and generation of controversy.”

The letter seeks that, “If the Emir of Kano fails to submit to the authority of the government of Kano State, we call on the Governor of Kano State on the strongest term, to act strictly in accordance with the provision of Kano Emirate Council Law 2019 in order to heed the state forward.”

They concluded that they hope their demands and recommendations get the governor’s attention, noting and further necessary action, as provided by the Law establishing all the 4 Emirates in the state.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/369053-ive-received-request-to-dethrone-emir-sanusi-ganduje.html

Emir title is really putting sanusi in a box. He should drop their emir title and keep on
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Confirmedzombie: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
All those that rose against GEJ are now falling one by one.

Its remaining Nnamdi Kanu and Igbos because they contributed 90% of GEJs fall.

May the God of GEJ be my God.
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by izubext007: 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
jahsharon:

Is it the same Karma that killed imPatience Jonaddaft's foster mother, killed Goatluck Jonaddaft's Uncle and half brother?
U Junky
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
Oh this country I weep for my country, I lament for my country Nigeria where did we go wrong.
A country where the corrupt go free,this man was caught right in front of camera collecting bribe, nothing was done to him,he even got an award for the best Governor.
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by McTobe(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
Abeg when did the opinion of CSOs become National Security Adviser. This man don lose focus finish o
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by tete7000(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
seunmsg:

Ajimobi has finally infected Ganduje with this nonsense. Constituted authority has now been moved from Oyo State to Kano State. grin grin grin

As for Sanusi, he should cool down and seek peace with Ganduje till the end of his tenure. The Emir of Gwandu is next to the Sultan in Fulani hierarchy. Emir Mustapha Jokolo was removed illegally according to the appeal court by Gov. Aliero in 2005. Despite the court judgement, he is yet to get back his throne. He should learn from Jokolo’s experience.

Traditional rulers no matter how influential cannot fight a sitting governor. Ganduje at the moment is like a leper. He cannot squeeze out milk but he can kick the milk jar and spill everything. Even the once powerful Sultan Dasuki was removed by Abacha and nothing happened. Emir Sanusi should be wise.

They are in laws
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Sirwallace(m): 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
He should dethrone him already. Sanusi is useless in that place. Such cerebral fellow should be out to educate the illiterate lots in the north. The monarchy bureaucracy is downplaying his intellectual capacity.

Sanusi is one of the best brain we have in the north. Unfortunately, he found himself in the midst of bigotry, tribalistic and uneducated simpletons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by adem30: 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
healthserve:
Ganduje or rather Gandollar has forgotten about work

Suddenly all Jonathan's enemies are getting the fall, one by one by one. grin grin grin grin Chineke me zioku God of GEJ strong

And Jonathan himself is working for APC, probably he is one of his own enemies
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Enemyofpeace: 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
Na aboooooooki matter, e no concern me
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Enemyofpeace: 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
seunmsg:

Ajimobi has finally infected Ganduje with this nonsense. Constituted authority has now been moved from Oyo State to Kano State. grin grin grin

As for Sanusi, he should cool down and seek peace with Ganduje till the end of his tenure. The Emir of Gwandu is next to the Sultan in Fulani hierarchy. Emir Mustapha Jokolo was removed illegally according to the appeal court by Gov. Aliero in 2005. Despite the court judgement, he is yet to get back his throne. He should learn from Jokolo’s experience.

Traditional rulers no matter how influential cannot fight a sitting governor. Ganduje at the moment is like a leper. He cannot squeeze out milk but he can kick the milk jar and spill everything. Even the once powerful Sultan Dasuki was removed by Abacha and nothing happened. Emir Sanusi should be wise.
after me na you be the next person wey get brain for here
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by bubblesng(m): 9:57pm On Dec 19, 2019
njoku10:
pray not to have enemy like Abdullahi Ganduje

he is just wasting his time at the office , busy looking for who to dethrone what meaningful projects has he done ,what actual lesser jobs has he being able to create for the good people of kano , so why all this careless talk
www.nigeriafm.com
check us out for more
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by ogbonti: 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
Zico5:
This dollar man has reduced renown Emir position in Kano to dust bin. I don't think any sokoto governor can treat sultan of Sokoto this way without fight back from sultanates. We shall see this to the end but this silence from prominent people from the north is deafening.

Have you heard about Sultan Ibrahim Dasuki? When he was dethroned, it was the state governor that effected the move to take the staff of office from him, although the plan was hatched in Aso Rock
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Godhatesodomy: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
Wow
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
ednut1:
Just scrap these monarchs. Useless and a waste of resources
You can't throw away cultures.
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by chachanga: 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
njoku10:

An idle vindictive caricature unfortunately vested with power...

Nigerians are a funny lot for the kinds of leaders they elect she later lament about
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by zoedew: 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2019
Sanusi is going down,
Going down,
Going down,
Sanusi is going down,
Down finally!
(Tune - London Bridge is going down.)
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Yankee101: 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2019
He sacked bankers

Sacking is his portion

As you dish out, so will you receive
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by fykes(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
IF I have the powers, I would make sanusi s next kano governor, and dasuki the next Nigerian President.
If after one month ganduje and buhari wit all their families are not in prison, I will not wake either of the leaders up the next day
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Princemichael93: 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
njoku10:
Karma is following Sanusi for what they he did to Jonathan
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by ednut1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
Pattypatt:
You can't throw away cultures.
lets donate you as human sacrifice na since it was part of culture in the past
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Charly68: 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
Gambari pa Fulani ree
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Lumina1702(m): 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
What happened to " spiritual powers" traditional rulers are believed to possess? I thought by now this governor should have travelled abroad in search of cure for an incurable sickness....Ganduje is hellbent on wiping out the achievements and legacies of the ancient kingdom

1 Like

Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by AstralBody: 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
jahsharon:

Is it the same Karma that killed imPatience Jonaddaft's foster mother, killed Goatluck Jonaddaft's Uncle and half brother?
Hey kid,go to the dustin n play gringrin
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by topboss: 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
GANDUJE DEY TAKE SANUSI SHINE.

E REMAIN TINUBU.

ALL OF THEM THAT ENTHRONE EVIL APC WILL PAY.
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by MARX77(m): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
I knew this would be his next move after obtaining Court order to dethrone Emir. Smart move but he should know sanusi lamido is no retarded slowpoke. He plays games too...
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Sirwyte001(m): 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
I really think that the God of former President GEJ is freely dishing out full delicious plates of Karma to all those that ganged up against him, especially those that were supposed to speak up; but chose to join the other side in blindfolding their followers.

Well, what do I even know sef?
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Goldensword: 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
njoku10:
I will be making such as my key prayer point henceforth, this gandollar nah real gbege
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Tajmahal1000: 11:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hmmm. Late Abubakar Rimi, former Governor of Kano State (1979-1983), did exactly the same thing to Emir Ado Bayero; but, how did Rimi end? Ado Bayero was reinstated as Emir of Kano. Rimi lost his 2nd term re-election to Barkin-Zuwo, and also completely lost political relevance in Kano and in Nigeria, until he died unsung. Ado Bayero eventually spent 50 years on the throne.

Ganduje, the US dollar-thieving fool under babanriga, who has a PhD, should be very careful!

1 Like

Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by Deo1986(m): 11:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
Emir Sanusi , El rufai are among the most straight forward and liberal northerners we have in the country.
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by TruthinAction: 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
This governor thinks he will remain as a governor forever. I feel sorry for him if the next governor reinstall him and bring corrupt charges against him. Besides, I thought the president has mediated. Power is sweet when it is under your control. We are watching - Game of Thrones
Re: I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje by ForbesHomesNG(m): 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
Dethrone the Satan of Sakwoto

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FEC Meeting: Osinbajo Commits ‘Blunder’, Says Economic Instead Of Executive / Mompha's Reaction To Bawa, EFCC Chairman's Sack / Kano, Katsina, Rivers And Lagos Can Pay Salaries Without Borrowing - BudgIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.