Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU (22811 Views)

FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU / IPPIS: ASUU Mobilises Members For Strike / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by FreeSoworeNow: 9:38am On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

an agreement is never a binding law or form of legislation.. so if jonathan agreed to something buhari might disagree to it

besides why should private organisation publish its financial record and payroll system to FIRS when paying tax and Universities dont want an open payroll system that the government can check
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by backnbeta(f): 9:41am On Dec 20, 2019
RoyalUc:

What agreement?
Autonomy for one
Retirement age
Earned Academic Allowances (EAA)
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by jamace(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2019
ASUU can not be autonomous while the FG pays the bills.

Breaking news: Information I got is that the universities are recruiting staff to fill previously ghost worker slots. It means that ASUU is using delay tactics to buy time in order to cover her illegal acts. Chai, citadel of corruption.
grin grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by voltron14: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2019
lobell:

Getting the money to pay is not difficult. The students will bear the brunt. The implication is that, only children of the rich can afford to pay the fees like we have in private universities. This will further deepen the divide between the rich and the poor.

Which is what ASUU would prefer to financial oversight by the government.

Divide the child in two as one of the women before Solomon said.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by FreeSoworeNow: 9:59am On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

Which is what ASUU would prefer to financial oversight by the government.

Divide the child in two as one of the women before Solomon said.
[/s]
ultra crap
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2019
seunmsg:

Since ASUU members don’t want to join IPPIS like other federal workers, they should look for money to pay themselves. Henceforth, FG will no longer pay federal university lecturers that are not captured on the IPPIS platform from the consolidated revenue fund. They want financial autonomy, they will get it. FG should stop funding personnel cost of federal universities. Let the university councils go and look for money to pay them.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Charly68: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2019
When those who suppose to support Govt control measures refused to show interest ,it is appalling.. What are they hiding ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2019
itsme01:

thats a big lie, FG can run a student loan scheme or educational scholarship based on your semester performance so that students dont get burnt and Universities can truly enjoy financial autonomy..

even at that, our tax laws give FG right to demand any payroll system of both private and public organisation
May God punish anyone that is paid to deceive and misinform Nigerians especially to the benefit of Politicians. Politicians that can budget #37B to renovate #7B structure, #97B for Presidency feeding & #48B for education of all Nigerian Children, youth and adults...is that the FG that will give 2 to 3 million naira scholarship to students?

1 Like

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Demol4trillions(m): 10:20am On Dec 20, 2019
YOU CAN'T DICTATE FOR YOUR EMPLOYER ASUU.......... THE POSITIVE ASPECT OF IPPIS OVERWHELMS WHAT YOU THINK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Timileyin1234(m): 10:22am On Dec 20, 2019
Sack them and employ others that wants to enroll. What nonsense
dominique pls who banned me again I can’t quote phone section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 10:26am On Dec 20, 2019
Demol4trillions:
YOU CAN'T DICTATE FOR YOUR EMPLOYER ASUU.......... THE POSITIVE ASPECT OF IPPIS OVERWHELMS WHAT YOU THINK.
Kindly ask those who are currently on IPPIS e.g. Nigerian army, Air force, NIMC, NESREA etc. before you believe IPPIS is really fantastic.
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by seunmsg(m): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

Kindly ask those who are currently on IPPIS e.g. Nigerian army, Air force, NIMC, NESREA etc. before you believe IPPIS is really fantastic.

I’m on IPPIS and so far so good, I have no complain.
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Poorboy: 10:51am On Dec 20, 2019
seunmsg:

I’m on IPPIS and so fart so good, I have no complain.
I am just been enrolled that was October but November salary they said from our office it was paid from ippis. My question is the format of alert was FGN: FEDERNoV 2019. Is that how ippis alert is?
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Job2004: 10:59am On Dec 20, 2019
Nigerianization:

Thanks for the education. But how can we marry the contradiction of FINANCIAL AUTONOMY and the inability of Nigerian universities to survive independently of government funding.
The truth is if Nigerian universities are to to self fund, then most Nigerians cannot afford education. Our economy is bad and very faulty.
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by atiku4President(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2019
AAA593:

Thunder fire wetin. Do you even understand ASUU points?
IPPIS is the fact that it is a blatant violation of the concept of university autonomy. University autonomy is a global practice associated with universities all over the world and it has four main dimensions namely: academic, organisational, financial and staff autonomy. Perhaps, some little words about university autonomy would suffice. Academic autonomy simply means the university’s capacity to manage its internal academic affairs independently. Such academic issues include students’ admissions, academic content, quality assurance and the introduction of new degree programmes. Organisational autonomy has to do with the university’s ability to decide freely on issues like decision-making bodies, executive leadership, legal entities and internal academic structures. Financial autonomy s all about the university’s ability to decide freely on internal financial matters like managing its funds independently and setting its strategic aims.

All these must be added the fact that university autonomy gives absolute powers to a body called the university governing council. This body is officially recognised by the laws establishing universities in Nigeria. It is this body that is saddled with the responsibility for the control and management of university funds, employment and promotion of staff. All edicts and statues establishing universities and the nation’s constitution give full powers to the governing councils as the supreme body concerned with the day-to-day operation of the university. In the profoundest sense, university autonomy means that all powers academic, managerial and financial are vested in the governing council. All the agreements signed between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities since 1992 have shown abundantly that Nigerian universities should be allowed to operate in compliance with their enabling laws, statues, rules and regulations.

Is it hardship that has made you bitter. So you can't make your point without cursing yourself? I don't think you are the only Nigerian that poverty has affected, but many others are still maintaining their cool. So learn
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by AAA593: 11:16am On Dec 20, 2019
atiku4President:

Is it hardship that has made you bitter. So you can't make your point without cursing yourself? I don't think you are the only Nigerian that poverty has affected, but many others are still maintaining their cool. So learn
Are you okay
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by mrde(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2019
Nigerianization:

Thanks for the education. But how can we marry the contradiction of FINANCIAL AUTONOMY and the inability of Nigerian universities to survive independently of government funding.

I am a lecturer at one of the federal universities. When goodluck introduced the TSA, it created issues for the universities as research grant funds and other IGRs of most unis were cleared into the TSA. It was reported that some unis lost billions in the process. Universities if allowed, can generated more enough if the government is willing to allow us. But the complexities and power politics is making a mockery of whole issue. The government keeps shifting the goal post and has succeeded in painting academic Union against the public.
IPPISS will go against all the earlier agreed terms of ASUU and the long term effect on the ordinary Nigerian will be very dire and by then, the Union may not be able to do much
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by RoyalUc(m): 11:50am On Dec 20, 2019
backnbeta:

Autonomy for one
Retirement age
Earned Academic Allowances (EAA)

Then, instead of outright rejection and coming up with their own platform, ASUU should think of modalities to capture some of these peculiarities.

Any rational mind knows ASUU is trying so hard to keep up with the rot in the system that favours them. Shikina!
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by RoyalUc(m): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2019
Charly68:
When those who suppose to support Govt control measures refused to show interest ,it is appalling.. What are they hiding ?

We know already!!!
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by seunmsg(m): 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Poorboy:
I am just been enrolled that was October but November salary they said from our office it was paid from ippis. My question is the format of alert was FGN: FEDERNoV 2019. Is that how ippis alert is?

Acct: ******1121
Amt: *****CR
Desc: R-/FGN: FEDER:NOVSalaryOFFICEOFTHEAUDITO:CBN:
Avail Bal: *******

Above is my last salary alert. So yes, IPPIS paid you.
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Poorboy: 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
seunmsg:

Acct: ******1121
Amt: *****CR
Desc: R-/FGN: FEDER:NOVSalaryOFFICEOFTHEAUDITO:CBN:
Avail Bal: *******

Above is my last salary alert. So yes, IPPIS paid you.
alright thanks
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by TemmyT002(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
These ASUU people are freaking weird
When the government refuses to pay their salary, they go on strike.
Now that they are being told to register, they are shouting independence up and down.
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by don3e(m): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
WE ALL KNOW WHY ASUU DONT REALLY WANT IPPIS....
THEY COME UP WITH FG THIS, FG THAT....
MOST IF NOT ALL THE MEMBER OF ASUU, BACK THEN ENJOYED THEIR SCHOOL DAYS. THEY WERE FED, PAID AND EVEN GIVEN JOBS AS SOON AS THEY GRADUATED. BUT WHAT IS NOW, SAME PEOPLE THAT ENJOYED THEIR DAYS HAS SPOILT THE SYSTEM. I KNOW THE FG HAS THEIR OWN FAULT BUT ASUU ARE PLAYING POLITICS WITH THE SYSTEM FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL INTEREST. BACK THEN A LECTURE ONLY WORK IN JUST ONE INSTITUTION BUT NOW YOU SEE THEM WORKING IN MORE THAN ONE UNIVERSITY. WITH IPPIS ALL THEIR EXCESSES WILL BE REDUCED AND EQUALLY CREATE JOBS FOR OTHER PROSPECTIVE LECTURERS...
IPPIS ALL THE WAY

1 Like

Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Nwadiuto247: 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bleiz:

You echoed my thoughts. When we talk about financial autonomy, can universities pay their workers without FG sending the money?

From his points, I think universities have autonomy in all aspect except financial autonomy. Until they start making more money to pay their workers, they should key into the federal government payroll

Are you ready to pay 350k tuition? If the Universities should source for fund it means there will be high increase in fees
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Enemyofpeace: 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
ghettokid1:
This fight is getting messier daily
I'm enjoying it
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Munirboss(m): 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2019
is ASUU hiding something?
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by fineguy11(m): 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
jamace:
ASUU can not be autonomous while the FG pays the bills.

Breaking news: Information I got is that the universities are recruiting staff to fill previously ghost worker slots. It means that ASUU is using delay tactics to buy time in order to cover her illegal acts. Chai, citadel of corruption.
grin grin angry
information from where?you sit in your room and just concort stories
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by Legendguru: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
Their business
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by johannu(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
You don't put civil servants and university lecturers in the same bracket. It makes a lot of sense to put like terms together, and the Federal Government may wish to consider my proposal to customize the IPPIS into the Tertiary Institutions Payroll System (TIPS) for the university community and allied institutions.
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by jamace(m): 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
fineguy11:
information from where?you sit in your room and just concort stories
See you. You lack information yet criticising an authentic information. Infact, the employment is being sold at millions of naira.
Re: Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU by genii96(m): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
AAA593:

Thunder fire wetin. Do you even understand ASUU points?
IPPIS is the fact that it is a blatant violation of the concept of university autonomy. University autonomy is a global practice associated with universities all over the world and it has four main dimensions namely: academic, organisational, financial and staff autonomy. Perhaps, some little words about university autonomy would suffice. Academic autonomy simply means the university’s capacity to manage its internal academic affairs independently. Such academic issues include students’ admissions, academic content, quality assurance and the introduction of new degree programmes. Organisational autonomy has to do with the university’s ability to decide freely on issues like decision-making bodies, executive leadership, legal entities and internal academic structures. Financial autonomy s all about the university’s ability to decide freely on internal financial matters like managing its funds independently and setting its strategic aims.

All these must be added the fact that university autonomy gives absolute powers to a body called the university governing council. This body is officially recognised by the laws establishing universities in Nigeria. It is this body that is saddled with the responsibility for the control and management of university funds, employment and promotion of staff. All edicts and statues establishing universities and the nation’s constitution give full powers to the governing councils as the supreme body concerned with the day-to-day operation of the university. In the profoundest sense, university autonomy means that all powers academic, managerial and financial are vested in the governing council. All the agreements signed between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities since 1992 have shown abundantly that Nigerian universities should be allowed to operate in compliance with their enabling laws, statues, rules and regulations.

Baba

You can't be autonomous and dependent on someone at the same time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of The New Senate Building, University Of Maiduguri. / Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU / WAEC GCE 2012 Registration Is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.