Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car (1609 Views)

Facts About Jaguar Car / Coscharis Introduces The First BMW X7 (PHOTOS) / Coscharis Delivers Rolls-Royce Cullinan To Bolu Akin-Olugbade, First In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by Cargist44: 7:09am On Dec 20, 2019
The Igbosere magistrate court in Lagos has ordered Coscharis Motors Limited, a leading automobile sales, and servicing company, and Jaguar Landrover Limited to swap the Jaguar XJ 2.0 Sedan Mr. Olusina Sofola, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, bought from their company to a brand new one.

Mrs. M.O Osinbajo, the magistrate supported Mr. Sofola's claim that the Jaguar he bought as brand new for ₦24 million in December 2016 was purchased with manufacturing defects.

In their defence, Coscharis had asserted that the said defects which the car had within the three months it was bought by the SAN was as a result of his carelessness.

Sofola told the court that the Jaguar's Chassis number was SAJAA12NIFPV79999 while the engine number was 040914054912204PT. He also stated that the car came with 3 years warranty.

He said he observed that the car's bonnet wasn't closing properly the day it was delivered to him, being December 7, 2016. He lodged a complaint to Coscharis and was told to bring the Jaguar to their Ikeja branch office to be fixed.

According to him, he complied and it was taken to their office, believing that the issue will be fixed once and for all. But not so.

He said,

"A few days after, I noticed that the car’s instrument display was showing ‘maintenance due’ sign and the dashboard and other parts of the interior of the car were peeling and were very sticky to touch. immediately,I complained to an official of Cocharis, one Mr Umukoro, who promised to sort out the issues and who further assured me that the defective parts would be ordered and re-installed in the car."

Naijauto learned Sofola returned the Jaguar to Coscharis office in Awoyaya for repairs after a week of acquiring the car.

Sofola went further to narrated that some pebbles cracked the car's windscreen in February 2017 and he took it to Coscharis Ikeja office. There, he was presented with ₦1,097,035.17 as a quotation to replace the windscreen and other damaged car parts as well.

He said,

"Upon the return of the car to me, I noticed that the interior part of the car earlier complained of were worse than when I initially complained of them and upon closer inspection, I discovered that someone had attempted to paint the interior parts or panels complained of to make them appear new.
I also noticed that the windscreen for which I paid N1,097,035.17 had a white spot on it, which did not clear when the screen was washed.
I had to return the car to the Ikeja office of the 1st defendant, which insisted that I return the car to its Awoyaya office, which I did and I was informed that the Ikeja office was wrong to have painted the interior part and that there was an error in the installation of the windscreen."

According to the SAN, Coscharis office in Awoyaya promised that the faulty car parts will be ready in a week's time after an order has been placed.

The parts got to be replaced in May 2017. When the car was returned to him, Sofola observed that the car had a leakage, making water to enter the car whenever there's a downpour.

Again, Sofola complained and was told by Coscharis to return the Jaguar. There, the company told him the leakage was because the windscreen wasn't properly installed.
He said he left the car at their Awoyaya office for four days, yet the leakage persisted.

Sofola said,

"Between 2016 when I bought the car and July 2017, I had to return the car for repairs for over 10 times and as a result of the unplanned and excessive distance travelled while going back and forth to the 1st defendant’s office, the car’s odometer had already reached 5,000km.
I have since inception been deprived of the optimal enjoyment I expected in a brand new car which I bought with a large sum of money.
PAINTThe car has also spent approximately 30 days in the possession of the 1st defendant since it was bought. I have had to find alternative means of transporting myself about, causing me unnecessary financial expenses.
The manufacturing defects in the car could have been avoided if the defendant had been cautious enough to check and ensure that the parts were intact and the car was fit for its purpose and use before putting it up for sale and eventually selling and delivering same to me,"

While pronouncing the judgment on November 28, 2019, Mrs. Osinbajo, the magistrate, stated that there has been a breach from Cocharis and Jaguar to deliver a sound car to Sofola.

She said,

"The defendants are ordered to replace the Jaguar XJ 2.0 Sedan automobile with Chassis No. SAJAA12NIFPV79999 and Engine No. 040914054912204PT sold the claimant with a brand new one of the same specifications."

There was also an order that both auto companies pay Sofola ₦1million.

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/coscharis-and-jaguar-replace-san-car-5740

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by Olalan(m): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2019
Big car big problem.
Windscreen 1m no be beans

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by bluebay(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2019
Pebble cracked this jaguar windscreen and the car coats #25M? That's a big lie... That car isn't up to that amount unless it's bullet proof...
Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by lomprico(m): 7:30am On Dec 20, 2019
bluebay:
Pebble cracked this jaguar windscreen and the car coats #25M? That's a big lie... That car isn't up to that amount unless it's bullet proof...

how much is it then?
Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 20, 2019
Olalan:
Big car big problem.
Windscreen 1m no be beans

Indeed... I wonder if Lagos roads even deserve such cars.
Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by hisgrace090: 7:41am On Dec 20, 2019
Is this your car the only one that knows how to developed problem Mr San?

The rate at which your car was developing all the uncountable problems as narreted by you makes me to dpublt your claim.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by Lanretoye(m): 7:47am On Dec 20, 2019
Coscharis lawyer na court clerk.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by fabienjoe: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2019
Lanretoye:
Coscharis lawyer na court clerk.

Otherwise? A brand new car shouldn't develop the problems described. A windscreen replaced by an approved dealer shouldn't leak or leave a spot. Coscharis should replace the car and take the matter up with their own suppliers if they actually bought the car as brown new from Jaguar Land Rover.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by alphaNomega: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2019
Lol. Judiciary wey no get level grin
Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by adeeva06(f): 11:53am On Dec 20, 2019
Doubter.

You don't matter

hisgrace090:
Is this your car the only one that knows how to developed problem Mr San?

The rate at which your car was developing all the uncountable problems as narreted by you makes me to dpublt your claim.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by RZArecta2(m): 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
Most of these car dealers are inept and exorbitant when it comes to repairs. Coscharis should just cut their losses and give this man a new car, that’s what they would have done if they were based abroad. Mylex is still the best place for repairs by the way cool
Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by foolbuster: 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
Lolz. The man thought he bought a jaguar. He didn't know he got a TATA. That new one sef na still wahala.
He should have asked for his money back
Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
N1,097,035.17 for a windshield wey dem dey sell for 27 thousan Naira (correct belgium) for Ladipo wey be say even if dem nack am hammer sef, e no go break? shocked shocked

Obatala oooo, Pls quickly make me a Multi-Billionaire so that I can confirm wether my inbuilt-financial prudence will always stand the test of time or give way to these extravagant lifestyle . grin

I hate to be exploited in my life. Just like the day we went Quilox last year and we were told a bottled water was 5k. Even though no be me dey pay, I first calculated how many bottles of 3 3 Lager Beer & plates of Peppersoup the 5k would buy me at Mulikat Beer Parlour at Ojodu-Berger; I then began to contemplate on which of the deities I would invoke to burn down the entire club including everybody there. grin

Before I could say Jack Bauer, the Black Label wey dem put for our table don knock me throway. Next thing I dey hear for speaker na "Yahoo L'awon Ore Mii, Olosho L'awon Ore Mii". grin

A few days ago, I was reading an article about the late Forrest Mars Jr. (whose networth was $23Billion in 2015) & his brother John Mars (whose networth is $28Billion and currently the 32nd-richest person in the world).

Excerpt:

A few years ago, Forrest Jr. was spotted in National Airport by a business acquaintance who called to gain his attention: "Forrest! Forrest Mars!" Forrest strode over and rebuked the man: "Don't ever call out my name in public!"

As philanthropists, the Marses set no records for generosity. In 1993, when its revenues were estimated at $12 billion, the company gave only $600,000 for distribution through the Mars Foundation.

Travel plans are to be kept confidential. If David Badger, Mars manager in charge of sales in Russia and Eastern Europe and the first husband of Jackie Mars Vogel, plans to fly to Stupino, Russia–where Mars is building three plants to produce Russian favorites Snickers and Mars bars, as well as rice and pet-food products–he knows not to mention the trip to his colleagues. The headquarters staff is aware that a casual question about an executive's travel location would be met with an admonition. That people disappear for periods of time to unknown locations is only one of the reasons the McLean headquarters office is nicknamed "The Kremlin."

The contemporary Marses rarely spend a lot of money on themselves. Forrest Jr. lives in Rosslyn's Weslie condominium, where the price of a two-bedroom apartment is about $500,000.

Neither Forrest's nor John's dwelling is the sort where you would expect a billionaire to live.

A recent tour of John's up-for-sale house, which was comfortably but not extravagantly appointed, required prospective buyers to make a quick two-step around an awkwardly placed refrigerator before entering the tiny kitchen.

Source: https://www.washingtonian.com/2008/04/29/from-the-archives-sweet-secrets-opening-doors-on-the-very-private-lives-of-the-billionaire-mars-fami/

I keep wondering, as a black man - can I ever be this prudent in my spendings when the time comes?

If you like, call it poverty mentality - I don't fvcking care! grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car by Cargist44: 12:11am On Dec 21, 2019
Zoharariel:
N1,097,035.17 for a windshield wey dem dey sell for 27 thousan Naira (correct belgium) for Ladipo wey be say even if dem nack am hammer sef, e no go break? shocked shocked

Obatala oooo, Pls quickly make me a Multi-Billionaire so that I can confirm wether my inbuilt-financial prudence will always stand the test of time or give way to these extravagant lifestyle . grin

I hate to be exploited in my life. Just like the day we went Quilox last year and we were told a bottled water was 5k. Even though no be me dey pay, I first calculated how many bottles of 3 3 Lager Beer & plates of Peppersoup the 5k would buy me at Mulikat Beer Parlour at Ojodu-Berger; I then began to contemplate on which of the deities I would invoke to burn down the entire club including everybody there. grin

Before I could say Jack Bauer, the Black Label wey dem put for our table don knock me throway. Next thing I dey hear for speaker na "Yahoo L'awon Ore Mii, Olosho L'awon Ore Mii". grin

A few days ago, I was reading an article about the late Forrest Mars Jr. (whose networth was $23Billion in 2015) & his brother John Mars (whose networth is $28Billion and currently the 32nd-richest person in the world).

Excerpt:

A few years ago, Forrest Jr. was spotted in National Airport by a business acquaintance who called to gain his attention: "Forrest! Forrest Mars!" Forrest strode over and rebuked the man: "Don't ever call out my name in public!"

As philanthropists, the Marses set no records for generosity. In 1993, when its revenues were estimated at $12 billion, the company gave only $600,000 for distribution through the Mars Foundation.

Travel plans are to be kept confidential. If David Badger, Mars manager in charge of sales in Russia and Eastern Europe and the first husband of Jackie Mars Vogel, plans to fly to Stupino, Russia–where Mars is building three plants to produce Russian favorites Snickers and Mars bars, as well as rice and pet-food products–he knows not to mention the trip to his colleagues. The headquarters staff is aware that a casual question about an executive's travel location would be met with an admonition. That people disappear for periods of time to unknown locations is only one of the reasons the McLean headquarters office is nicknamed "The Kremlin."

The contemporary Marses rarely spend a lot of money on themselves. Forrest Jr. lives in Rosslyn's Weslie condominium, where the price of a two-bedroom apartment is about $500,000.

Neither Forrest's nor John's dwelling is the sort where you would expect a billionaire to live.

A recent tour of John's up-for-sale house, which was comfortably but not extravagantly appointed, required prospective buyers to make a quick two-step around an awkwardly placed refrigerator before entering the tiny kitchen.

Source: https://www.washingtonian.com/2008/04/29/from-the-archives-sweet-secrets-opening-doors-on-the-very-private-lives-of-the-billionaire-mars-fami/

I keep wondering, as a black man - can I ever be this prudent in my spendings when the time comes?

If you like, call it poverty mentality - I don't fvcking care! grin

Good read smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Cars. How Efficient? Please Advise. / My Car And Mechanic Are No Where To Be Found / URGENT REPLIES: Is A Nissan Tiida A Good Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.