Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Facts About Jaguar Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Facts About Jaguar Car (7337 Views)

Did You Know This About Jaguar Cars? / Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car / Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Jaguar Car by nonhuman(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2020
In my street I usually see the car use by one man and I always admire the ride, I never met the owner one on one, but I so much love that car both the shape and interior, but I hardly see the car on Nigeria roads, guys what do you think about this jaguar ride, because I feel like owning one

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:20pm On May 11, 2020
British cars are unreliable pieces of junk.

That said, the F-Type Coupe is one of my dream cars. That exhaust note is better than sex.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by nonhuman(m): 1:42pm On May 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That said, the F-Type Coupe is one of my dream cars. That exhaust note is better than sex.
this is a sports car na

1 Like

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2020
nonhuman:
this is a sports car na

That is a Jaaaag. wink

6 Likes

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by nurey(m): 2:20pm On May 11, 2020
nonhuman:
In my street I usually see the car use by one man and I always admire the ride, I never met the owner one on one, but I so much love that car both the shape and interior, but I hardly see the car on Nigeria roads, guys what do you think about this jaguar ride, because I feel like owning one

You will face two major challenges if you own this car

1. Technician to fix it when it develops fault.

2. Parts replacement.

Me sef admire the jaguar sha, poor man's RollsRoyce grin

6 Likes

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:58pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

2. Parts replacement.

Hardly. More of a Mercedes alternative. Or a poor man's Aston Martin.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by nurey(m): 3:19pm On May 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Hardly. More of a Mercedes alternative. Or a poor man's Aston Martin.

nah jaguar you dey qualify with Benz just like that? well it's ok, it's alright I no vex since I know the truth sha.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

nah jaguar you dey qualify with Benz just like that? well it's ok, it's alright I no vex since I know the truth sha.

grin
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On May 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

What bu;shyet,howmany british cars have you owned

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

I think you do not know loads about the jaguar
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 7:32pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

2. Parts replacement.

This car uses the same parts as the range rover sport for more than 95%

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:33pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

Found the Range Rover owner. What's the name of your tow truck guy? Does he give you discounts?

4 Likes

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by nurey(m): 7:36pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

yes I don't know anything about the jaguar, never owned one and never driven one either

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by nurey(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

Are you serious or kidding? Part same as range Rover sports upto 95% am skeptical about this though
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by NaijadrivaCars: 7:38pm On May 11, 2020
nonhuman:
I'll

Only the oil filter will zap your small change to zero, if you no get money.

It is not for struggling people. Na British.
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

Are you serious or kidding? Part same as range Rover sports upto 95% am skeptical about this though
ofcos, U never knew?seriously?U 4got they are the same company? you remember when Honda bought Rover and the created rover 600? or when BMW took over rover and created rover75?
Even their allnighty Diagnostic machine is for RR and jag,I'm talking SDD(System Driven Diagnostic)

1 Like

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
I'll

Only the oil filter will zap your small change to zero, if you no get money.

It is not for struggling people. Na British.
can I ask yu a question, what's the cost of the OIL filter?

1 Like

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by NaijadrivaCars: 7:41pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:
Just as Caterpillar brake pad fits some Cadillac? tongue

1 Like

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 7:43pm On May 11, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Just as Caterpillar brake pad fits some Cadillac? tongue
Be realistic for once, the range rover sport gearbox was built by Jaguar, so they both use the same gearbox, same oils, same oil filter, same software, u want me to go on?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by SonsofIpswich: 7:47pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

Be realistic for once, the range rover sport gearbox was built by Jaguar, so they both use the same gearbox, same oils, same oil filter, same software, u want me to go on?

Pls fire down sir. We are here at your humble feet to learn more. grin
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by nurey(m): 7:48pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

ofcos, U never knew?seriously?U 4got they are the same company? you remember when Honda bought Rover and the created rover 600? or when BMW took over rover and created rover75?
Even their allnighty Diagnostic machine is for RR and jag,I'm talking SDD(System Driven Diagnostic)

I don't know much about jaguar and I never tried because I don't even fancy their vehicle design.

But the type-S R only has the J33S or J34 4.2L V8 supercharged engine identical to the range Rover.

if other parts work with Range Rover then anybody using this car is Rich oooo, cause range Rover parts sef no be beans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 7:51pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

I don't know much about jaguar and I never tried because I don't even fancy their vehicle design.

But the type-S R only has the J33S or J34 4.2L V8 supercharged engine identical to the range Rover.

if other parts work with Range Rover then anybody using this car is Rich oooo, cause range Rover parts sef no be beans
hence I was laughing the jag is not cheap, and its not rubbish in design, its far more sophisticated.
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by oluwaseunla(m): 7:56pm On May 11, 2020
nonhuman:

I love the way it drives; powerful, quiet and all that. Issue you will mainly have is that it's not a car a lot of technicians like. It's a car that may require more to work on. Just to refill AC refrigerant, you have to take the car up in the air. That will give you an idea.
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by nurey(m): 8:02pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

hence I was laughing the jag is not cheap, and its not rubbish in design, its far more sophisticated.

I was actually scolding heavenlybang for putting jag in same weight as Benz cause since I have known jag, it is as rare to come by even Rolls Royce is more common than it.

in secondary school one of my level class mate driver comes to pick him up in the ugliest car I have seen at tender age it's that jaguar Xj 1990s model with V8 engine, I just know it has cream leather seat and Formica and the knobs well placed but I didn't know much about cars then so I judged it from the outward look grin

I still don't like those oldies jaguar design anyway

1 Like

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by NaijadrivaCars: 8:02pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

I meant that literally. not joke. Meaning that I agree with you.
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by NaijadrivaCars: 8:04pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

can I ask yu a question, what's the cost of the OIL filter?

6k -8k If I am not mistaken.
My neighbor owned an S-Type.
I guess Mann oil filters are more expensive.

Engine is 150k(3.0L V6) to 350k (4.0L V8).
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:14pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

I was actually scolding heavenlybang for putting jag in same weight as Benz cause since I have known jag, it is as rare to come by even Rolls Royce is more common than it.

in secondary school one of my level class mate driver comes to pick him up in the ugliest car I have seen at tender age it's that jaguar Xj 1990s model with V8 engine, I just know it has cream leather seat and Formica and the knobs well placed but I didn't know much about cars then so I judged it from the outward look grin

Jags are not anywhere near Rolls-Royce. Not in pricing, not in luxury, not in anything. It's just another executive car brand. You know, like Mercedes. You don't see them because they're unreliable pieces of trash and no one buys them.

Lmao, even in the Car Throttle review of the F-Type SVR, the damn car started leaking coolant and Jaguar had to send in another unit.

XE competes with C Class.
XF competes with E Class.
XJ competes with S Class.

The F-Type is positioned against the AMG GT line.

Jaguar actually undercuts Mercedes in pricing, and Mercedes is by far the better brand. The F-Type is the only car worth buying in Jaguar's lineup, and that's because it's cheaper than the AMG GT and has an exotic-sounding exhaust. Apart from that, the GT trounces it soundly.

Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On May 11, 2020
nurey:

The newer ones are far better
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On May 11, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

4k- 6k If I am not mistaken.
My neighbor owned an S-Type.
I guess Mann oil filters are more expensive.

Engine is 150k(3.0L V6) to 350k (4.0L V8).
And what's wrong with that,? you probably change it once i n 2 to 4 years
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by erico2k2(m): 8:34pm On May 11, 2020
oluwaseunla:

I love the way it drives; powerful, quiet and all that. Issue you will mainly have is that it's not a car a lot of technicians like. It's a car that may require more to work on. Just to refill AC refrigerant, you have to take the car up in the air. That will give you an idea.
what did U mean by the bolded??
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by kingreign(m): 10:48pm On May 11, 2020
No matter what you guys preach to me about Jaguars, I still have my mind made up.
I'd get X358 06-09 XJ8 or XJ8L or XJ R series with the 4.0L supercharged V8 motor for keeps. It looks gracefully ageless and classic.
Re: Facts About Jaguar Car by oluwaseunla(m): 11:09pm On May 11, 2020
erico2k2:

what did U mean by the bolded??

Maybe I should have said "take the car off the ground". It was in reference to the picture of the S-type the OP posted. The low side service port for the AC is underneath the car. I find it an annoying inconvenience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Golf 3 Jerks When Accelerating / 5 Best Car Blogs In Nigeria / Cost Of Maintaining Mercedes C300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.