Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network (35325 Views)

Osinbajo On Self-Isolation. Holds Video-Conference Call With Staff - The Sun / COVID-19: Bala Mohammed Embarks On Self-Isolation After Contact With Atiku's Son / Videos From The Launch Of The Lagos-ibadan Rail Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by blank(f): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
UjuJoan2:

But what he said is not fake at all. It happened, and is still happening.

It's not Fashola that stopped Nnaji, it was a court case by the disco. Aba would be major cash cow for them and was part of what they paid for then after the contract has been signed and they paid you then tell them them that Aba is excluded because it has been sold to someone else.

All business men will fight.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Anambralstson: 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Kapeter:
uche Okoye, you are here. We should google how Imo airport was built by ibos, right? While we should google how FG built both Akure and Ibadan airport too? shouldn't we?
Who is Uche Okoye
Imo Airport is the only indigene built and the first state-owned airport in Nigeria. Built from contributions and donations from Indigenes, do your research.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by lomprico(m): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2019
fyneguy:

Read the piece again. They have the backing of the FG.

verbal backing.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by ogunsbanjul(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
Thanks to the innitiators. It is better to develop your house than developing another person's home because when you die, there you will be laid to rest in an undeveloped land where you refuse to go while alive. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by BanevsJoker(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
This is what we need ...they should cost the project ...let's all invest and get shares depending on how much we invest

We Igbo's can raise 10 trillion per year
You are not Igbo, you do you think you're fooling Mr. BMC?

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by AmuDimpka: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
SisterFire:
....Ebe nigeria juru Igbo ,umuigbo anyi aga aju onwe anyieee ? grin grin
mbanu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2019
voltron14:

Always someone stopping you.

Are you so incompetent?

Excuses up and down.
He's actually right. A few years ago, Tonimas offered to repair a stretch of the Aba - Owerri road near their factory that was in terrible condition, but he was stopped by the Ministry of Works.
My colleague's dad almost got into trouble when he fixed a short stretch of road leading into the estate where he lives

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Henry22(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2019
I am not APC, I am not PDP, I'M IGBO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Reference(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nice one. Rail is the way to go.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by voltron14: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
X
mamaafrik:
IBOs lacks unity........,the governors and public office holder are not one,the rail delivered to Onitsha will make sense,delta and South west can link up from there.
All past southern President are nothing but fools.
This will teach us a lesson.
But i hope no foolish Northerner will shout marginalization when the return ticket is served like Gen. Buhari is doing now,Lagos-calabar rail was supposed to have been done first before the reconstruction of Lagos_kano,North are selfish,you build lagos -kano rail,portharcourt_maiduguri whe the economic Transportation lies on the East-west road.
Amaechi will regret one day that he let us down in the South..

I suppose you were amongst those who were hailing Saraki and his goons when they were removing budgeted projects such as Lagos-Calabar rail because they thought they were sabotaging Buhari's government.

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by voltron14: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

He's actually right. A few years ago, Tonimas offered to repair a stretch of the Aba - Owerri road near their factory that was in terrible condition, but he was stopped by the Ministry of Works.
My colleague's dad almost got into trouble when he fixed a short stretch of road leading into the estate where he lives

Evidence?

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by samilly(m): 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nice move, I love this
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
This is the best way to go. Nice concept. Charity they say begins at home
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by samilly(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
nwamabo247:
hnmm can such project be realistic?Please
my name celestine
nwankwo from ugwueme
in awgu LGA enugu
state, for almost 12yrs
now I have been down
with quadruplegic spinal
cord no source of
income yet, only my
aged mother nursing me
at home who is also
diabetic pls I need your
help in any way
posible.see below for full
story

Stop being pessimistic
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Mrexcell(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
Anambralstson:
THE South East Region Economic Development Company, SEREDEC, has announced progress in efforts of the region to develop infranstructure and social services using private sector initiative.

In it’s three years progress report at that the 4th South East Economic Summit in Enugu on Thursday, SEREDEC itemised it’s achievements to include take-off of Enyimba Industrial city, South East rail network, Eastern medical resort hospital, South East Gas pipeline, among others.

SEREDEC under the chairmanship of former minister for power, Prof Barth Nnaji; stated that progress has continued on the Enyimba Industrial city at Aba, Abia state with the federal government formally licencing the project and a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, entered into with a Chinese Conglomerate.

SEREDEC stated that it has also signed an agreement for railway project with a team of CEOs of major UK infrastructure firm in collaboration with Nigeria based experts in rail development.

The proposed rail network is expected to take off from Onne to Aba; Aba to Ontisha through Owerri; Onitsha to Abakaliki via Awka and Enugu; Aba to Nsukka via Umuahia and Enugu.
On the Gas pipeline, SEREDEC disclosed that it has engaged a team of local and foreign based experts from South East to perform a pre-feasibility study of a looped gas pipeline network that connects all the South East states.

Chairman of the Summit and former MTN chairman, Dr. Paschal Dozie, asked for more re-enforced pool of resources to make South East economically more viable.
Dozie urged political leaders in the region to cooperate and embark on common-interest projects.

“If you want to move fast, you move alone but when you want to get things done, you do it together,” Dozie said.

Former Adviser to the Minister of Power and Team Leader, DFID – Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility, NIAF, Programme 3, Prof Chidi Onyia said that political leaders could look beyond election promises and move to something tangible that would better the zone.

“The issue has never been lack of ideas but for the policy makers to be honest to set up a financing process for the East.

“We should look beyond election promises. If risk exposure is not too much, people will invest. We should move from political sound bite to real implementation,” Onyia suggested.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/s-east-makes-progress-on-self-devt-rail-network/

Why didn't they also include the development of the sea port in oguta that links to the atlantic ocean it's just only 18 nautical miles to the seas? The south east is not really landlocked as they have been claiming. They should also invite the Igbo man that was given a railway contract in Iraq sometime ago to help out with the railway network.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by CSTR2: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
NGpatriot:

It is absolutely fake.

Unless of course you have facts to back it up with...which I know you don't have because it's fake.
The onus is on you to disprove it, not the other way round.

I even thought you had verified proof that fashola did not.
But you don't.

I don't subscribe to anti federal government sentiments, but you my friend are an idiot.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by leighcon(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
This comment has one of the most likes...there's a problem. This is playing victim card. The other parts of the country where such plans "were not stopped by FG" have awesome infrastructure right?

Did anyone of the "likers" bothered to ask for verifiable references to where such directives were given?

catoluy:
Watch as federal government will rush and stop this plan. Fashola stopped Nnaji from using his Geometric Power technology from supplying Abia power and electricity. Many Igbos still don't know what's going on this country. Your federal roads in SE; where governors and even individuals have written to the ministry of works and housing...allow us to fix this road for free if you don't want to do it, we will pay for it. They say no. Same with Enugu airport, allow us to fix the airport to bring it to Lagos and Abuja level, for free with our money, they say no. Then do it, they refuse.

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by CSTR2: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
ukahrawah:
This is the all important news we SEasterners want to hear.

We have all it takes to be great. Rail/gas pipeline networks across the SE zone, men this is all it takes to turn things around.

Everyone should please keep their eyes on these all important projects. We can do it. Kudos to these great sons & daughters of SE.
Stop electing nitwits like obiano, ihedioha , ugwuanyi or ikpeazu.

Any candidate without atleast a Master's degree, and years of experience and integrity in the economic or legal private sector should not be elected governor.

The south east need to raise the standards higher than the federal level to get quick results.

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Anambralstson: 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
Mrexcell:

Why didn't they also include the development of the sea port in oguta that links to the atlantic ocean it's just only 18 nautical miles to the seas? The south east is not really landlocked as they have been claiming. They should also invite the Igbo man that was given a railway contract in Iraq sometime ago to help out with the railway network.
The rail line will connect to Onne Port

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Mrexcell(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Anambralstson:

The rail line will connect to Onne Port

Onne port is in the south south igboland needs standard seaports like the ones we see in lagos.

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Princemichael93: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
CSTR2:

You should wait for it to happen, before bragging.
Am not Igbo, but I can say they are the most hard working tribe in Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by NGpatriot: 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
CSTR2:

The onus is on you to disprove it, not the other way round.

I even thought you had verified proof that fashola did not.
But you don't.

I don't subscribe to anti federal government sentiments, but you my friend are an idiot.

So, I should help you to prove that your lies and fake story that doesn't exit is actually true?

Stop spewing fake and tribal rubbish that you can not support with facts.

Comedians and liars.

grin grin
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by pazienza(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Onye Igbo che uche ndu. Invest home(Alaigbo). Your wealth will always be secured there, you will always be judged and measured by the level of development in Igboland.

Investment in Igboland will not give you quick and immediate return on investment, but your descendants will reap from them till eternity.

Stop shortsightedness and greed that lure you away from investing in Igboland. Stop investing in hostile alien nations surrounding You where the immediate reward looks big, but with little or no gain for your descendants.

Onye Igbo, chee uche ndu, invest in Igboland today because if you don't, no one else would. No amount is too big or too small.

Chukwu gozie anyi Nile.

8 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by jacoik(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Individual to construct in Igbo land but government to construct in West and North.... please where is Nnamdi Kanu ......hurry up....local girl is disappointed in Nigeria
lolxxxxx na u b d local gal? U no well ooooo
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by djon78(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
Money follows the investment
Example case studies; Dubai, Singapore

This news is a very good one
We don't need FG to develop our region
Investing in these infrastructures will pull and attract more money from global forces!!!
This is what Africa needs to join the industrializing and industrialized Nations.

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
It is well.

We have been doing this before. Let's continue to expand and help ourselves.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Glorifiednwafor: 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
Mrexcell:

Are you serious?? I have been praying everyday that if we can have our seaport that is called our own, I would be happy everyday of my life, that is when I will say we are complete as a GIANT IGBO nation. We Igbo's have suffered a lot which has actually helped mould us into being homegrown and home focused, we shall get there by God's grace, the same God that 99.9% Igbo's call upon unlike other tribes that have both Christian and Muslims in equal numbers, that same God will remember us for good..... Iseeee!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Amanda4life: 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
Anambralstson:
THE South East Region Economic Development Company, SEREDEC, has announced progress in efforts of the region to develop infranstructure and social services using private sector initiative.

In it’s three years progress report at that the 4th South East Economic Summit in Enugu on Thursday, SEREDEC itemised it’s achievements to include take-off of Enyimba Industrial city, South East rail network, Eastern medical resort hospital, South East Gas pipeline, among others.

SEREDEC under the chairmanship of former minister for power, Prof Barth Nnaji; stated that progress has continued on the Enyimba Industrial city at Aba, Abia state with the federal government formally licencing the project and a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, entered into with a Chinese Conglomerate.

SEREDEC stated that it has also signed an agreement for railway project with a team of CEOs of major UK infrastructure firm in collaboration with Nigeria based experts in rail development.

The proposed rail network is expected to take off from Onne to Aba; Aba to Ontisha through Owerri; Onitsha to Abakaliki via Awka and Enugu; Aba to Nsukka via Umuahia and Enugu.
On the Gas pipeline, SEREDEC disclosed that it has engaged a team of local and foreign based experts from South East to perform a pre-feasibility study of a looped gas pipeline network that connects all the South East states.

Chairman of the Summit and former MTN chairman, Dr. Paschal Dozie, asked for more re-enforced pool of resources to make South East economically more viable.
Dozie urged political leaders in the region to cooperate and embark on common-interest projects.

“If you want to move fast, you move alone but when you want to get things done, you do it together,” Dozie said.

Former Adviser to the Minister of Power and Team Leader, DFID – Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility, NIAF, Programme 3, Prof Chidi Onyia said that political leaders could look beyond election promises and move to something tangible that would better the zone.

“The issue has never been lack of ideas but for the policy makers to be honest to set up a financing process for the East.

“We should look beyond election promises. If risk exposure is not too much, people will invest. We should move from political sound bite to real implementation,” Onyia suggested.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/s-east-makes-progress-on-self-devt-rail-network/

Nnaji and co who wants to do this, God bless your generation. This is what eastern governors and senators and other big people in Igbo land should do.

With these your name will be remembered in the good books of ibo people.

Please also help our governor's who need help in other areas like building of roads and good hospitals to get them done.

Especially the Aba roads, Umuahia aba express way, in fact all the major express roads in the east, even portharcourt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ISWAP-Boko Haram Appoints New Commanders, Imposes Taxes After Military Attacks / Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) / Bandits Attack Emir Of Kaura Namoda’s Convoy, Kill 3 Policemen, 5 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.