Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network (35322 Views)

Osinbajo On Self-Isolation. Holds Video-Conference Call With Staff - The Sun / COVID-19: Bala Mohammed Embarks On Self-Isolation After Contact With Atiku's Son / Videos From The Launch Of The Lagos-ibadan Rail Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Okoroawusa: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
Very lovely thread but see how IPOB miscreants hijack it...

Igbo nwere Madu...
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Ernerstdavid55(m): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
This is what we need ...they should cost the project ...let's all invest and get shares depending on how much we invest

We Igbo's can raise 10 trillion per year
good one bless u

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by colestephan86: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
Anambralstson:
THE South East Region Economic Development Company, SEREDEC, has announced progress in efforts of the region to develop infranstructure and social services using private sector initiative.

In it’s three years progress report at that the 4th South East Economic Summit in Enugu on Thursday, SEREDEC itemised it’s achievements to include take-off of Enyimba Industrial city, South East rail network, Eastern medical resort hospital, South East Gas pipeline, among others.

SEREDEC under the chairmanship of former minister for power, Prof Barth Nnaji; stated that progress has continued on the Enyimba Industrial city at Aba, Abia state with the federal government formally licencing the project and a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, entered into with a Chinese Conglomerate.

SEREDEC stated that it has also signed an agreement for railway project with a team of CEOs of major UK infrastructure firm in collaboration with Nigeria based experts in rail development.

The proposed rail network is expected to take off from Onne to Aba; Aba to Ontisha through Owerri; Onitsha to Abakaliki via Awka and Enugu; Aba to Nsukka via Umuahia and Enugu.
On the Gas pipeline, SEREDEC disclosed that it has engaged a team of local and foreign based experts from South East to perform a pre-feasibility study of a looped gas pipeline network that connects all the South East states.

Chairman of the Summit and former MTN chairman, Dr. Paschal Dozie, asked for more re-enforced pool of resources to make South East economically more viable.
Dozie urged political leaders in the region to cooperate and embark on common-interest projects.

“If you want to move fast, you move alone but when you want to get things done, you do it together,” Dozie said.

Former Adviser to the Minister of Power and Team Leader, DFID – Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility, NIAF, Programme 3, Prof Chidi Onyia said that political leaders could look beyond election promises and move to something tangible that would better the zone.

“The issue has never been lack of ideas but for the policy makers to be honest to set up a financing process for the East.

“We should look beyond election promises. If risk exposure is not too much, people will invest. We should move from political sound bite to real implementation,” Onyia suggested.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/s-east-makes-progress-on-self-devt-rail-network/
The question I keep asking is why is it that the rail line didn't crisscross the eastern states as it did in the west and many northern states.

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Skyfornia(m): 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Individual to construct in Igbo land but government to construct in West and North.... please where is Nnamdi Kanu ......hurry up....local girl is disappointed in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by mamaafrik(m): 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
IBOs lacks unity........,the governors and public office holder are not one,the rail delivered to Onitsha will make sense,delta and South west can link up from there.
All past southern President are nothing but fools.
This will teach us a lesson.
But i hope no foolish Northerner will shout marginalization when the return ticket is served like Gen. Buhari is doing now,Lagos-calabar rail was supposed to have been done first before the reconstruction of Lagos_kano,North are selfish,you build lagos -kano rail,portharcourt_maiduguri whe the economic Transportation lies on the East-west road.
Amaechi will regret one day that he let us down in the South..

4 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by iSlayer: 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
I'm hearing of SEREDEC for the first time. The last I heard of something similar was South East Development Commission (SEDC) proposed by that Igbo lady (can't remember the name), in Politics Section.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by stevnwigw1: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2019
catoluy:
Watch as federal government will rush and stop this plan. Fashola stopped Nnaji from using his Geometric Power technology from supplying Abia power and electricity. Many Igbos still don't know what's going on this country. Your federal roads in SE; where governors and even individuals have written to the ministry of works and housing...allow us to fix this road for free if you don't want to do it, we will pay for it. They say no. Same with Enugu airport, allow us to fix the airport to bring it to Lagos and Abuja level, for free with our money, they say no. Then do it, they refuse.
you don't need to take permission from them, just start work, let's see who will stop it. IMO airport a case study.

7 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by delawal: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2019
militarily:
20 million Igbo men can contribute at least 100k each annually to turn Igbo land to eldorado... The share/stock initiative is so on point too. You will see some personally invest over a hundred million on this.

It can be done!
nice one. let's start immediately. let it not just end on paper. we Igbo's can make it happen, anyi nwere ebu nwe nfu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by darkwan: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
MrStan11:
Nice one

i agree....
they should stop waitin for biafra before doing anything....
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by delawal: 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:

That's the simple solution to the funding
More than one million Igbo's are ready to commit 1 million naira every year to this project at least
me am ready already ton commit a million naira to this enviable project. me I don't have money o BT am ready to commit . how much more d money bags we have here.

let's create platforms on how to make this to happen. development and infrastructure brings more economic activities. ask dubai

3 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by iSlayer: 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Individual to construct in Igbo land but government to construct in West and North.... please where is Nnamdi Kanu ......hurry up....local girl is disappointed in Nigeria

Happy Birthday.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by darkwan: 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
gloriaunobi:

A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
this is what is in your profile....

but you have a negative mind....
sorry oo....you soo cute....

just dont get yourself killed because of nothing.... undecided undecided
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by NGpatriot: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bedwyr:

Except that the issue with Prof Nnaji happened

1.Under Goodluck Jonathan's regime

2.Fashola was governor of Lagos, not Abia, and not in Government, and the Minsiter of Power was an Igbo man

3.So Goodluck is opposed to Igbos, eh??

4.Prof Nnaji's project was not allowed to take off because of conflict of interest issues....

You just copied my brain, I was expecting him to come up with his fake facts.

I think playing the victim game is a coping mechanism for them.

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by illiteratepmb: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
Beautiful idea.
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Henry22(m): 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
SisterFire:
....Ebe nigeria juru Igbo ,umuigbo anyi aga aju onwe anyieee ? grin grin

Mba nu.....igbo amaka grin

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by mrvitalis(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
delawal:

me am ready already ton commit a million naira to this enviable project. me I don't have money o BT am ready to commit . how much more d money bags we have here.

let's create platforms on how to make this to happen. development and infrastructure brings more economic activities. ask dubai
Thats why we need young brains in there two ....
Pascal can develop the share system

All road tolled , gas pipeline runed like a company , same with power plant and rail way

Might take 20 years to get my money back but I'm ready to commit millions to this for my children future

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Goodman56(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
Pls am ready to pay any amount for these project. When are they starting it . pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Henry22(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
Igbos don't lick asses to get development, they work for it.

5 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Scottallen: 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
This is good. I pray, it sees the light of the day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by slowice(m): 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
Whatever we put our minds on we can achieve and surpass..... Yes we can do this even a thousand times more. Pooling resources is already our way of life all we seek is the will to get this done. Thanks to the constant abuse, ridicule and isolation we receive from both the fg and other Nigerians, it is bringing us together and when IGBOS becomes truly one.... We shall be LIMITLESS.

6 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by sweetonugbu: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
The news I have been waiting for a long long time.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by africanusvu(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
From what I now see happening in east. Frankly these buhari gvt have really opened their eye. He has really pushed these guys to the walls. Sentiment apart an average igboman these days day reason the get at all. They now live as if an orphan who is struggling to survive on his own and they at really getting positive result

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by delawal: 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:

Thats why we need young brains in there two ....
Pascal can develop the share system

All road tolled , gas pipeline runed like a company , same with power plant and rail way

Might take 20 years to get my money back but I'm ready to commit millions to this for my children future
very very true, I travel around and see poorer countries like Bangladesh, Senegal etc enjoy beta roads and electricity. I keep telling myself, if d govt can't do it , let's we d easterners develop a way to do it for ourselves. we can't be like this forever

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by CasNova(m): 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
This is a good and welcome development

1 Like

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by itsme01: 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
Maldini205:
Awon afonjaites
Won't like this one

we like it very much, so long it would make you leave our region in peace
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by delawal: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
Igbo's come home. Igbo's come together let's develop the east let's create a Singapore inside Nigeria let's improve our life and welfare we can do it by ourselves let's stop waiting for them because they don't care come one, come all

pls Igbo musicians can try put this into a song or jingle.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by delawal: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
Igbo's come home,
Igbo's come together ,
let's develop the east,
let's create a Singapore inside Nigeria,
let's improve our life and welfare,
we can do it by ourselves,
let's stop waiting for them,
because they don't care,
come one, come all,

pls Igbo musicians can try put this into a song or jingle.

where is phyno, rudeboy and flavour. makeuna take it from there. I can commit 50k for d jingle

3 Likes

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by COMPAQ(m): 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
catoluy:

SMH...if you believe these people. What is wrong with someone you Igbo people? E bu ewu? People that slaughtered 3 million of you, expriopriated your wealth, will allow you to develop? Don't allow me to insult you!

Don't be daft! What magic have all the current and previous SE governors done for their regions!!

Aren't they all the same corrupt and selfish politicians and businessmen? Has that changed overnight?
Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by Sleevia: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
This is what we need ...they should cost the project ...let's all invest and get shares depending on how much we invest

We Igbo's can raise 10 trillion per year
this is the best news I have heard from our land in a long while and when I saw Nnajis name there, I was super excited.

God bless every sons of Ndigbo the conceived this idea. This is what we are talking about.

If they are serious, I am sure every igbos inside and outside Nigeria will contribute to make it happen.

No be for mouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network by delawal: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
COMPAQ:

Don't be daft! What magic have all the current and previous SE governors done for their regions!!

Aren't they all the same corrupt and selfish politicians and businessmen? Has that changed overnight?
Sullivan and obi did a lot. umahi is also trying. we as individual should also contribute our own quota. let's eschew d blame game. DTS what has kept nauja dormant. imagine buhari still blaming PDP 16year misrule after him dn misrule naija for d past four years

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode And Dino Melaye Fight Each Other With Dramatic Videos / EFCC Traces Lawyer’s ‘car Gift’ To Onnoghen / Oyo-ita Returns To Work After Rejection Of Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.