Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (131647 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / ‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by yankison(m): 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
Unique357:
In brief, I am a male married with 2 children, my daughter is 8 and son is 5. I also have my niece 11 and a house help 15 staying with us.

On Monday I gave my wife Christmas shopping money to get foodstuffs, hers and children clothing including our house help.

Yesterday my wife went shopping, she bought clothes for herself, our children and nothing for the house help. She claimed that the girl doesn’t need any clothes for Christmas as long we feed and send her to school, the rest is her parents' duties. The girl in question is my wife's relative from the same village. This girl is so nice to our children, she is like a second mother to them despite her being just 15, I have never had any problem with her.

I was mad at her that I told her, if she cannot treat another woman's child well then she doesn’t deserve to be a mother, yes I did said some harsh words to her because of anger. She accused me of sleeping with the little girl which I told her she is mad and she couldn’t stop crying the whole night. This morning she didn’t make my breakfast and refused greeting me back.

Please house let me know if I overreacted

Please I beg you the in the name of God don't send the girl back continue to send her to school and cater for her , as far as I'm concerned she is doing a great job keeping your kids company and helping you people in all .. Your wife is just a wicked woman I pray God forgives man ...
Lastly you wouldn't know how much blessing you attract from God by taking care of that little girl
Please ask your wife to pray for forgiveness if sin it's a wicked act ..does she know what the girl may become tommorow and where her won daughter would be .. bye
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
It's amazing how people have the nerve to maltreat someone looking after ur kids
The person get liver

1 Like

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by diplomat058(m): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
Blindersoff:

Op i will tell you straight up and it is up to you to take it or leave it. You are the man of the house and should lead by example.

There is a reason you are the groom and your wife is the Bride. You are to groom the bride. Teach her all that is right and learn from her mistakes those areas you need to GROOM her on.

Right now she has shown you a side of her which i agree is not nice because the girl is her relation and i would not classify such a person as just a house help. SHE IS FAMILY.

Call your wife and apologize to her for your outburst and then calmly teach her or tell her where she went wrong and why the girl needs to be treated right. Let her know that the girl is more or less family since she is related to your wife. This is a very simple matter.

You can then take your wife out and while both of you are out you suggest buying a few clothes for the girl and let her choose what she feels is appropriate to buy for her. Some women grow up with a certain mindset that never changes overnight and i see your wife as one of those. Do not go out and buy stuff for the girl by yourself otherwise you would cause more problems for yourself and for her in the home. Encourage and pet your wife to do that.

I am sure she is a nice woman but maybe in this area in particular she is yet to embrace some truths. Apologize to her.

Ignore all those children here who are saying she needs to come and apologize to you. As the head of your home you are to lead by example. yes she was wrong but you show her the right way by initiating peace. As the head of a home which i also am we take a lot of shit deliberately just so there would be peace at home. It does not make us stupid but after taking this shit, quickly correct the impression calmly then the woman would become aware and she would respect you more.

Merry Christmas to your household
Sir, You are under arrest for being too intelligent and possessive of problem-solving skills

Lolz, thanks for the psychosocial enlightenment up there Sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Ryan03(f): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
STENON:
The heart of human is purely more wicked than the devil ...

You can purchase xmas clothes for the girl as xmas gift. Just be monitoring her keenly as your madam is likely to frustrate your househelp.
he shouldn't try it, she will reaffirm her suspicion of him sleeping with the house help. Let him threaten to report her to her family and also to return the girl if she doesn't change. Dont he surprised, she can't do without the girls help, las las, she go maintain
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Ryan03(f): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
highcurrent:
THE FEAR OF SOME WOMEN IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM

OP, you did the right thing by giving her money to shop for everybody at home, including the house help.

as it goes DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT TO BE DONE TO YOU.

OP don't even beg her, na small pikin dey worry am.
no, na wickedness dey worry her
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
Immature reasoning. Definitely not for adult.

TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, honestly, you are crying over nothing.

Your wife is a woman and you should understand her own position. She doesn't want her relative help to enjoy same privilege as her and her children before things get out of hand. Also, she isn't comfortable with the affection you are showing the girl. You were even wrong to quarrel her and say nasty things to her. Your good intention was spoilt by your action.

Guy, na you find trouble! Even me sef de suspect say your eye de chook for the babe as you don de reason her as second mother. tongue

BTW we have seen relative househelp "chanced" madam in their homes or get pregnant for the oga for house.

Guy, apologise to your wife, and ask her to send the girl to her people.
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by geosegun(m): 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2019
Unique357:
In brief, I am a male married with 2 children, my daughter is 8 and son is 5. I also have my niece 11 and a house help 15 staying with us.

On Monday I gave my wife Christmas shopping money to get foodstuffs, hers and children clothing including our house help.

Yesterday my wife went shopping, she bought clothes for herself, our children and nothing for the house help. She claimed that the girl doesn’t need any clothes for Christmas as long we feed and send her to school, the rest is her parents' duties. The girl in question is my wife's relative from the same village. This girl is so nice to our children, she is like a second mother to them despite her being just 15, I have never had any problem with her.

I was mad at her that I told her, if she cannot treat another woman's child well then she doesn’t deserve to be a mother, yes I did said some harsh words to her because of anger. She accused me of sleeping with the little girl which I told her she is mad and she couldn’t stop crying the whole night. This morning she didn’t make my breakfast and refused greeting me back.

You did nothing wrong. Let her cry and be sober and apologise for her greed. Otherwise, send the girl away and help her with her education in her parents house.
If your supposed wife can't treat another person's child well, then She can aswell start to do house chores and all, by herself. Such an ingrate.

I will do close to what you did if I were to be in your shoes. I can't stand maltreatment of househelps. It is uncultured and ungodly. You are a very good man with great wisdom. You are also buying good future for your kids indirectly. For whatever measure you used for another man's child, such will be used for yours too even in 10 folds. It is the law of nature.

Some women are like that... For whatever reason, I dont know why they behave that way. It still amazes me continuously. Your wife lacks wisdom. She should earnestly pray for one.

2 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Jeffersonagain(m): 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2019
Madam is simply seeing the sign of caution in her crystal ball even though I don't support her action. Your house help is like a second mother to your kids now and your wife is wanting to ensure that she doesn't become a step-mother to them. I don't think that her concerns are unfounded; they may not be about you but about stories of other people that she has heard. My opinion is that if she has any insecurities, she should return the girl home rather than maltreat her. Such attitude may actually conspire to bring oga and ómódô together..
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Mutemenot(m): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
Women get wahala, op, your action is not bad, let her invite her family if she feels cheated or maltreated....
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
No, you did not overreact. I can't for the life of me understand how any person born of a woman would be so wicked and callous to treat another person's child as a slave. Not to be sexist, but Nigerian women are notorious and are the purveyors of these inhumane treatments of their maids. I do not understand the reasons behind such wickedness. How can one be so evil to neglect and maltreat the child of another person that was entrusted into your care? To me, your wife needs to get a check on herself and understand that when she decided to take a minor child into her home to take care of her children, the welfare (feeding, housing, clothing, health) of that minor child is her responsibility. I still can't understand why some Nigerian women are bereft of milk of human kindness and are rather filled with "gall" when it comes to the treatment of their housemaids.

3 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Ryan03(f): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
Graxie:
Why are you engaging a minor as househelp? Why. Both you and your wife, you are horrible.
are you serious? Probably she will be engaged in farm work at the village, no school etc. If not for the woman's wickedness, I don't see anything wrong there.

2 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by wonder233: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Men are just marrying women they shouldn't marry nowadays. It's either the woman is a cheat, lacks manners or is a wicked person.
But what makes me sad is the mob reaction when some of us recommend divorce for these classes of women.
There is a utopian view to marriage this new generation is foisting on themselves - nowadays, if a woman sleeps around, they tell you to "forgive" or "talk about it" or "work things out" , some even blame you for her infidelity.
In saner climes, this woman's behaviour is enough to fall out of love with her and subsequently divorce her. To the average Nigerian, what I'm saying is so farfetched. But do we marry for love here in Nigeria? Marriage here is just a mechanical process here.

4 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by dayorich: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
So, why would your wife's relative be your househelp This sounds awkward!!!
Can't your wife ask you guys to assist her relative to stay with you without dehumanizing her status as a househelp

Unique357:

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by jbcul4ril(m): 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Note that the law of Nigeria does permit you to have a house help. In the eyes of the law it called HUMAN TRAFIKING AND VIOLATION.

If your family does not have the maturity and capacity to accommodate another person child please return the Girl back.

Note that, even if you treat the child well it still against the law of Nigeria.
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by lexxwiz(m): 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bros! I don't know how long you've been married for but I'll still advice you anyways..

1st. I really don't understand why a supposedly man of the house can't handle this lil issue, you go dey tell people your marital issues well well. Stop it! Be a man, control your household.

2. The money you gave to your wife, did she tell you at any point that it's not enough for everyone? Cause you be like 2 loafs of bread and 5fisn miracle man.

3. Go back to number one and handle your problems. Give her some more money to buy her clothes.

Lastly; do not in any circumstance but those clothes yourself. Apologize to your wife make peace reign. I've been married for 4years and bet you, my state of mind is worth more than any marital quarrel.

Ps: see as people don dey insult your wife anyhow.. shouldn't you be protecting her at all cost? Dude give your wife some more money to buy clothes for herself and house help. See where you go from badguy you dey report give the whole world. Please shift.
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Baamm(m): 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Send the girl back to her parent but don’t stop the little support
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by MissYusraah: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
This our useless culture sef!

Why do you even need house help, is your wife and children too lazy to help themselves?

3 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Patojargz: 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bad woman! No doubt

1 Like

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Halo22: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bros if I will advice, sit down with ur wife and then try finding out why she behaved in that manner. If she was suspecting you of having affairs with her, try clearing her doubts. Pls don't have issues with ur wife this season, even as u have to play ur role as a man.
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Stmiceel(m): 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2019
As for me you overreacted. Just ask her to send the house girl back to where she collected her. You need not to use abusive words for your wife. Her mistake doesn't change her from being your wife.
Try to make her forgive you for those words you use for her.
But don't forget to do the above.
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2019
Buy gift items for the house help and honorable take her back to her parents in one piece before your wife kills someone's else child.

You don't need a soothsayer to reveal to you what you are already witnessing with your own eye's.

2 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by IfeanyiOpara5698(m): 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2019
You didn't overreact sir. Women are naturally wicked when it comes to other people's children.

Take the house help to the market and get her clothes by yourself.
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Blindersoff: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2019
diplomat058:
Sir, You are under arrest for being too intelligent and possessive of problem-solving skills

Lolz, thanks for the psychosocial enlightenment up there Sir

Life is easy but self pride would always want to make us assert rights even in situations when it is not necessary especially since we are already seen as the head and being in charge in those situations.

The OP did an overkill when he shouted and insulted his wife. It was so unnecessary.

Thank you for the appraisal. Blessed holidays to you

1 Like

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by MissYusraah: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

[s]Bros, honestly, you are crying over nothing.

Your wife is a woman and you should understand her own position. She doesn't want her relative help to enjoy same privilege as her and her children before things get out of hand. Also, she isn't comfortable with the affection you are showing the girl. You were even wrong to quarrel her and say nasty things to her. Your good intention was spoilt by your action.

Guy, na you find trouble! Even me sef de suspect say your eye de chook for the babe as you don de reason her as second mother. tongue

BTW we have seen relative househelp "chanced" madam in their homes or get pregnant for the oga for house.

Guy, apologise to your wife, and ask her to send the girl to her people.[/s]

I never see you made sense before
Not surprised

6 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by MissYusraah: 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by yankison(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
EricBloodAxe:

Stick to politics. This advice of yours is a product of poverty mentality and a local background. Life must have been definitely hard for you while growing up.

I wouldn't say more
.. how can a man be saying that kind of rubbish ...some people no just get sense come to think of it this guy is active in politics session ... The guy is daft jor

1 Like

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by luminouz(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
TemmyT002:
You reacted by saying some harsh words.
One sentence that usually hurt people deeply and which is not an abuse is, "I am disappointed in you."
That thing dey pain ehn

All you to do now is apologize to her and hug her. Make her happy. Don't call her wicked.
Buy more gifts for her and buy for the girl too.

Are u for real? undecided

Read what you wrote again and slap yourself.

Seems you grew up on a diet of Bollywood/Filipino romantic movie nonsense!

To think you be guy dey fear me oh.

3 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

There's no sense in this crap you just typed, but hey! Na ur opinion.

Btw, stick to politics sections. wink
Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Purifychy(f): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

How did you conclude that the wife ks wicked? Let us watch what we say towards people's spouses.

I am very sure that the wife acted the way did because of the discomfort she feels with a second "woman" enjoying the attention and niceties of her husband.

Honestly, I can NEVER fault her! I have seen first hand where lovely and nice househelp got pregnant for oga and he was asked to marry her as second wife - which he did!

Forget that thing, the woman is naturally wicked. What stops her from buying that cloth for the poor girl if not wickedness.

1 Like

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Kirinwa: 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
Unique357:

Shr overreacted instead: how dare she accuse you of sleeping with the house maid, is it the level of degradation and disrespect she has lowered you to.

Most Nigerian women are like that. Very selfish.

You didn't overreact. In fact she challenged your authority as the man of the house thus apologizing would strengthen the behavior as a precedent has been set.

Nevertheless find a way to mend fences with her since she's your wife.

Not greeting you or serving your breakfast is what I don't understand though.

2 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by Blindersoff: 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

How old are you? This is the worst advice i have seen by a long shot. You only ended up insulting the woman, the OP and your own intelligence with this thing you call words.

smh

6 Likes

Re: My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help by KIDfurniture(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
How did you end up with a wicked woman

Unique357:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Mother Snatches Her Daughter's Husband, Then Gives Birth For Him In London / What Drug Can I Take To Flush Out A Few Weeks Old Pregnancy / I Found Mycoten Vagina Cream In My Wife's Wardrobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.