Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today (14305 Views)

Kanu Not Comfortable With Arteta As Arsenal Substantive Head Coach / Arsenal Announce Mikel Arteta As Their New Head Coach / Arsenal Set To Appoint Mikel Arteta As New Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by ogbiwa: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2019
Mikel Arteta is expected to be named as Arsenal's new manager on Friday.

Arteta said his farewells to staff at Manchester City on Thursday morning.

There has been annoyance at City over Arsenal's conduct but they will not stop Arteta, 37, succeeding Unai Emery.

A seven-figure compensation payment will be made in order for the move to be completed.

Thursday's news conference previewing the game against Everton was cancelled.

Interim boss Freddie Ljungberg is expected to take charge of the team for the final time at Goodison Park on Saturday, with Arteta watching from the stands.

The Gunners failed to mention their interest in Arteta despite the two teams meeting at Emirates Stadium on Sunday - a game the champions won 3-0.

Gunners chief executive Vinai Venkatesham was pictured outside the Spaniard's home several hours later.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50850088

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by logon599: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2019
Yes Guardiola succeeded at Barca with little previous experience as a no 1, same thing with Zidane. But I still think Arsenal appointing Arteta is a wrong move that will backfire. Arsenal are currently at crisis level both on the pitch, in the dressing room, at board level and fans too, and I don't see an Arteta as having what it takes to steady the ship. Time will tell

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by emeijeh(m): 11:49am On Dec 20, 2019
Goodluck Arteta.
Those boys go disgrace you too.
Ask Unai

25 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by vanida6: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2019
if u wan get BP support Arsenal cheesy

worwor team!!

HALA MADRID!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Arteta doesn't have the experience to manage shitty team like Arsenal.

The likes of young pep, zizou were able to exile because of great players, fans and good transfer plan.
I wish Arteta good luck but I would have prefer veterans like Benitez Ancelloti and sam Allardice

Especially Benitez he's very good at reviving dead teams

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Kingosytex(m): 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
It will take a very big miracle for Arteta to succeed with this Arsenal.

Wenger, Emery and Ljunberg have all failed woefully.

I wish Arteta the best of luck!!!!!

14 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by ednut1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Another Gary Neville

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by RexTramadol1: 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Since the demise of oslo, Moscow,Berlin and my baby boo Nairobi

I refuse to comment on the EPL, still mourning them.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by kendrick93(m): 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
This will end in tears

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by chigoziri2403(m): 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2019
Arsenals problem isnt coach,
Even if they sign guardiola, nothing for them, when you have people like papadopolous, sokratis, holding, mustafi as your defenders with that brazillian sponge Bob, you won't amount to anything.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Impregnable101: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
Arsenal love rookie signings like kilode!

Them forget say their most successful era na wen them get plenty experience old heads

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Em5(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
I'm not excited one bit to hear. I hope the team respects him.
Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by thundafire: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
Hope painkiller will be added to Arteta less dey give him heart attack cs he is too young

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by spafu(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by tolexy05(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
I wish him success

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by kendrick93(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
Herban1:
Bring back wenger
you guys pushed him out thinking he was the cause of your failures.......
I hope the grass is greener on the other side?

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Mowoe(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
vanida6:
if u wan get BP support Arsenal cheesy

worwor team!!

HALA MADRID!
Chelsea Nko? Those ones are doing a fantastic job at becoming Arsenal!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by paradigmshift(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
arsenal n useless coaches

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Themandalorian: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
This will end in tears for arsenal. Dead club grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by henry4lov1: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
Congrats to him
Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by TechCapon(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
Relegation tinz grin

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Echo50(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
who are they waitg for?
Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
Rada rada.. undecided

Team wey never sabi wetin dey worry dem. So of all the top options in the world, na Arteta dem see employ.. For their mind, dem really think Arteta will be able to control a terrible team like Arsenal? Their eyes go soon clear.

Una flogging no go get part 2. Make i dey watch in 3D sha...

Meanwhile grin :

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
I see it coming.... Football is evolving
Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by polofemo: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
logon599:
Yes Guardiola succeeded at Barca with little previous experience as a no 1, same thing with Zidane. But I still think Arsenal appointing Arteta is a wrong move that will backfire. Arsenal are currently at crisis level both on the pitch, in the dressing room, at board level and fans too, and I don't see an Arteta as having what it takes to steady the ship. Time will tell

Two wrong previous move (i.e Unai Emery and Lungburg). This will be a positive move, I assure you. Time will surely tell
Re: Arsenal Set To Announce Arteta As Their New Manager Today by obcpascal: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
Finally, there I small hope for our dear club

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alternative Routes During Access Bank Lagos City Marathon February 11 2017 / Andriy Shevchenko Appointed Head Coach Of Genoa FC / Serbia Vs Switzerland: World Cup, (1 - 2) - Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.