Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup (15276 Views)

DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa / AFCON: Arsenal Celebrates Nigeria As They Beat South Africa (Photos) / AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by naptu2: 4:18am On May 07, 2023
Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXZuDWzZJKQ

2023 U-17 AFCON: Golden Eaglets Beat South Africa, Clinch Quarter-final Ticket

May 6, 2023 10:35 pm

Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets have booked their place into the quarter-finals of the 2023 U-17 AFCON after defeating South Africa 3-2 in their final Group B game on Saturday.

The Eaglets had to come from behind twice before eventually bagging the winner to go through.

With the victory they finish second on six points while Morocco claimed first place.

Despite the defeat South Africa can still advance into the last eight as one of the third best placed team.

In Group B’s other game Morocco lost 2-1 to Zambia who are bottom.

South Africa took the lead in the sixth minute through Vicky Mkhawana.

In the 33rd minute Charles Agada equalised for the Golden Eaglets but Siyabonga Mabena put South Africa 2-1 ahead on 45 minutes.

Just two minutes into the second half the Eaglets drew level through Light Eke.

And in the 63rd minute Abubakar Abdullahi got what proved to be the winner for the Eaglets.

https://www.completesports.com/2023-u-17-afcon-golden-eaglets-beat-south-africa-clinch-quarter-final-ticket/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by naptu2: 4:18am On May 07, 2023
Nigeria will play the runners up in Group C.

Meanwhile, in Group C, South Sudan was disqualified because many of their players failed the MRI test that is used to verify the ages of players.

CAF disqualifies South Sudan U-17 team over age falsification

The South Sudan Football Association expressed its regret in a statement and acknowledged the decision made by the Confederation of African Football.

By Tunde Eludini April 30, 2023

The South Sudan U-17 national football team has been disqualified from the ongoing 2023 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) U17 tournament in Algeria after five of their players failed the MRI test conducted on the team

The South Sudan Football Association (SSFA) expressed its regret in a statement and acknowledged the decision made by the Confederation of African Football (CAF).

SSFA Spokesperson Albino Kuek Deng revealed the MRI test was conducted on 26 April and was intended to confirm that all players met the age eligibility criteria established by the competition’s regulations.

However, 48 hours after the test was conducted, the SSFA said they received a notification from CAF indicating that five players failed the MRI test and were deemed ineligible for participation in the competition.

It said two of these players had previously passed the MRI eligibility test in Ethiopia during the zonal qualifiers in September 2022.

“We immediately wrote a complaint to CAF medical committee an official complaint against their decision attaching the MRI results we did in Juba, in accordance to Article 27.6 sub article (iii) of the U17 regulations. The complaint was rejected by the medical saying that their first and second readings remains the same.” a part of the statement issued by the SSFA read.

The SSFA said it understands and respects the disqualification decision made by the competition’s organisers.

“We fully understand and respect the decision made by the competition’s organizers, and we apologize to our fans, sponsors, and partners for any disappointment this may cause.

“South Sudan Football Association would like to emphasize that we have always been committed to fair play and sportsmanship. We have taken all the necessary steps to ensure that all our players meet the eligibility criteria set by the competition’s regulations. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, some of our players were unable to participate in the competition.”

Meanwhile, the SSFA expressed gratitude for the ongoing support from fans, sponsors, and partners and stated its intention to participate in future competitions.

A press conference is being planned to provide further information about the team’s disqualification, it said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/595913-caf-disqualifies-south-sudan-u-17-team-over-age-falsification.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by naptu2: 4:18am On May 07, 2023
End.

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Ever8090: 5:27am On May 07, 2023
The game was interesting...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by ManWater: 6:16am On May 07, 2023
Kudos.
If properly nurtured, some of these players will be playing for some big European clubs, in 5 year's time.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by DesChyko: 6:47am On May 07, 2023
Let's Go!! Let's Go!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Spirit247: 7:35am On May 07, 2023
Cool.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Teeklef(m): 7:36am On May 07, 2023
Toh
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Spirit247: 7:38am On May 07, 2023
DesChyko:
Let's Go!! Let's Go!!
Yeah, it was an awesome game.
In another News, see:
shocked https://www.nairaland.com/7680075/why-did-jesus-grant-plea#122979511

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Burgerlomo: 7:38am On May 07, 2023
Good job boys, I just hope they will not turn it to another thing 😎 👍
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Racoon(m): 7:40am On May 07, 2023
Congratulations golden eaglets!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Franking: 7:41am On May 07, 2023
If a real coach handles those boys they'll be out of this world. Ugbade is just there out of sentiments. Not good enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by RoadMozart(m): 7:42am On May 07, 2023
Davepunter87:
Dear ladies and gentlemen

I’m Dave by name, I’m a Nigerian who’s living in the United States…
I came on here to share some of my sure games on sport betting. It’s actually for payment after you win. Because I also purchase the games from a source who’s well trusted, functionally and always brings positive games.
The odds I give out for payment after winning is just 2 odds and you’re guarantee 100% winning if you’re participating on it

WhatsApp me with the number below
+1 (206) 707-9386

You no dey rest? Even on Sunday

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Nobody: 7:42am On May 07, 2023
Why am I not surprised?🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by oluwaseyi0: 7:43am On May 07, 2023
Nice one lads
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Harrynight(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2023
shocked

Go, Go Eaglets, Go and Make Us Proud!!!

Wish You guys the Best tournament
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by MrDoGood(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2023
First time I'm seeing under 17 from Nigeria that truly looks under 17.

Nice one.

Congratulations to the team

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by vickydevoka(m): 7:50am On May 07, 2023
Davepunter87:

I came on here to share some of my sure games on sport betting. It’s actually for payment after you win. Because I also purchase the games from a source who’s well trusted, functionally and always brings positive games.
The odds I give out for payment after winning is just 2 odds and you’re guarantee 100% winning if you’re participating on it

+1 (206) 707-9386
Y don't you play it yourself and win. Stop wasting your time. If you want assistance with money you ask. Stop deceiving yourself

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by callmevirus(m): 7:55am On May 07, 2023
Samantha124:

We always win SA
Even on bed😂

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Nobody: 7:55am On May 07, 2023
Naija got talents in sports.
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2023
Samantha124:
South African have always been Nigerian b-tches. 😂

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by karzyharsky(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2023
Kudos
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by chuksville(m): 8:00am On May 07, 2023
The boys are really tapping soccer with their feet. They are good I must tell you!
I wish these guys can be nurtured till they start playing for the Super Eagles but 'NO', they will fizzle away like their predecessors. Nigeria can't manage talent or even nurture one. We kill talents here like Christmas chicken.
May God help us all in this country!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by clockwisereport: 8:02am On May 07, 2023
Davepunter87:

+1-9386

Poor scammer.

Mumu want deceive us with google voice. Ode

Give the game to your family so that you people can win and become billionaires. Onye uchu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by ipobarecriminals: 8:03am On May 07, 2023
cool
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup by Olu1000: 8:03am On May 07, 2023
vickydevoka:

Y don't you play it yourself and win. Stop wasting your time. If you want assistance with money you ask. Stop deceiving yourself

Lol 😂 see as you finish the scammer

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brazil Women Players To Get Equal Pay As Men / Samuel Eto'o Ends His 22-Year Football Career / Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.