Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Five Signs You 'may' Be Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five Signs You 'may' Be Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Person (574 Views)

Signs You Are Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Man / I Tried To Fix Him Cos He Loves Me But He Is Emotionally Unavailable / Ladies: How To Know When He Is Emotionally Unavailable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Signs You 'may' Be Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Person by lavylilly: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
Five signs you 'may' be dealing with an emotionally unavailable person

1. They have never really had a serious relationship, or their past relationships ended because they feared commitment - so they'd leave when things got 'real' or they'd sabotage when things did.

2. You rarely feel like you're pleasing them because they can always find a flaw in you or your relationship, even when things are going well. Once they find a 'flaw', they use it as a crutch or excuse - because they fear intimacy.

3. Early on they say things like "I don't want to hurt you" / "I'm not sure I ever want to be married" / "I suck at relationships" - even when things between you aren't that serious. This is a warning to you - because they know they're not emotionally prepared or available.

4. They rarely want to have 'deep' conversations, or discussions about their past. Things are generally very surface level with them and when you do ask questions they can be evasive or secretive.

5. Everything seems to revolve around them and they're unwilling to alter their schedule / change their plans / plan in advance to suit you. Their commitment-phobia makes them feel like they need to be in control of all situations and future planning in the relationship.

Bonus signs of emotional unavailability:

- They struggle to be content and always think there's something 'better'

- Even when they're faced with people who care for them, they like to stress that they don't need anyone

- They often say they fear losing their independence

1 Like

Re: Five Signs You 'may' Be Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Person by lavylilly: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
Re: Five Signs You 'may' Be Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Person by luvlyoracle(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
True that kiss

1 Like

Re: Five Signs You 'may' Be Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Person by Maxxim: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
grin
Re: Five Signs You 'may' Be Dealing With An Emotionally Unavailable Person by lavylilly: 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
kiss
luvlyoracle:
True that kiss

(1) (Reply)

2020 Your Journey To Financial Freedom Via Phone And Data / A Warri Lady Block A Guy Way Just Bcus He Told His Friends He Don Sex Her / Will You Accept This Job Even If Your Spouse Doest Support It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.