Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Why Am I So Melancholy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Am I So Melancholy? (6490 Views)

Dead Woman Gave Birth In Her Grave After Burial I So Strange (video) / Why Am I So Unemotional? / Are Women Really “fish Brain” …why Am I So Obsessed About Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
I am never happy. For every reason I have/find, I'm just always happy and content with my sadness. I always find a reason to be downcast and burdened. I'm very skeptical about everything/everyone around me. I carry scars of everything I have seen and see; pain, sadness, disaster, sickness, death etc. I wear on the gloom and doom of a hundred persons. I can't even say if I'm a sadist.

I constantly seek the meaning of life, the reason of my existence, and as soon as I can't find the meaning, I pass aggression or get mad at myself. I don't have trouble building relationships with others, but I don't strive to build them anyway. I don't like people. I have a huge difficulty fitting into the norms of the society. Could it be that I'm not in the right society for me to be appreciated?

I strive to make friends but I cut them off before they even come close. I'm a realist but people misunderstand it as pessimism.

I'm a very good, ambitious, nice, lovable, generous and approachable person, but people scare me. There's no real love in the world. I have a fairly good life to be thankful for. I have good people around me too, thankfully, but I'm still not happy.

I have a stable job. A fairly good business by the side. I have a good shelter above my head, in school and enough food to eat, in fact, I have totally everything to make the average young adult happy. On here, people might mistake me to be an outgoing and bubbly personality, but in real life, I'm not that. I only come here to have fun, and out of here, feel miserable.

I'm not even passionate about what I even do. I have a job but I don't enjoy it. I just love to be by myself and still get angry for being by myself. In turn, I'm called non-challant.

I'm very passionate about the arts, fashion, poetry, academics, but I lack the right motivation to forge with these things. I usually am very immersed in my emotions to do anything reasonable. In totality, I'm just a sad person.

Is there a help to combat recurrent melancholic symptoms? Do other people feel this way? Am I okay?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
There is something I detest in this life ; PLACING UNDUE PREMIUM ON MONEY..

Which I think is the root of your predicament.
My thoughts are with Oga greatresearcher, I pray you won't poison him one day.

8 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
Sounds like depression.

Unfortunately we live in a world where people are ashamed to admit that they feel sad and miserable. They feel it makes you look weak, boring and vulnerable. So we carry fake smiles on our faces on the outside because we don't want to pollute the 'happy' air around us.

What you don't know is that almost everyone you see looking happy all the time are also faking it like you.

And so we keep feeling disconnected and alone in the world, because we can't truly connect with others emotionally on a deeper level.

13 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by BarrSly: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I am never happy. For every reason I have/find, I'm just always happy and content with my sadness. I always find a reason to be downcast and burdened. I'm very skeptical about everything/everyone around me. I carry scars of everything I have seen and see; pain, sadness, disaster,

Wow I was just about to create a thread like this and state how I always feel sad and all that. I don't trust anybody at all in my relationships.

Scars from my past don't let me go I always feel much better when I'm sad I punish my lovers for no just cause and I make them Beg and beg I know it's not right but I get joy from seeing them go through such.. I need help!!!! ..

I hope we get some answers from viewers of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by jakandeola(m): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I am never happy. For every reason I have/find, I'm just always happy and content with my sadness. I always find a reason to be downcast and burdened. I'm very skeptical about everything/everyone around me. I carry scars of everything I have seen and see; pain, sadness, disaster, sickness, death etc. I wear on the gloom and doom of a hundred persons. I can't even say if I'm a sadist.

I constantly seek the meaning of life, the reason of my existence, and as soon as I can't find the meaning, I pass aggression or get mad at myself. I don't have trouble building relationships with others, but I don't strive to build them anyway. I don't like people. I have a huge difficulty fitting into the norms of the society. Could it be that I'm not in the right society for me to be appreciated?

I strive to make friends but I cut them off before they even come close. I'm a realist but people misunderstand it as pessimism.

I'm a very good, ambitious, nice, lovable, generous and approachable person, but people scare me. There's no real love in the world. I have a fairly good life to be thankful for. I have good people around me too, thankfully, but I'm still not happy.

I have a stable job. A fairly good business by the side. I have a good shelter above my head, in school and enough food to eat, in fact, I have totally everything to make the average young adult happy. On here, people might mistake me to be an outgoing and bubbly personality, but in real life, I'm not that. I only come here to have fun, and out of here, feel miserable.

I'm not even passionate about what I even do. I have a job but I don't enjoy it. I just love to be by myself and still get angry for being by myself. In turn, I'm called non-challant.

I'm very passionate about the arts, fashion, poetry, academics, but I lack the right motivation to forge with these things. I usually am very immersed in my emotions to do anything reasonable. In totality, I'm just a sad person.

Is there a help to combat recurrent melancholic symptoms? Do other people feel this way? Am I okay?
u need a relationship. u need sex.u need true love. most pple who enjoy dis are always happy in life

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
Sounds like depression to me. See a therapist if possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
Get a puppy. They good emotional support anchor

6 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
Something is definitely eating you up

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by crackhaus: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

undecided
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
jakandeola:
u need a relationship. u need sex.u need true love. most pple who enjoy dis are always happy in life

Yeah, and when the initial spark and excitement dies off she will be back to this state and make the relationship unbearable.

13 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
BarrSly:

Wow I was just about to create a thread like this and state how I always feel sad and all that. I don't trust anybody at all in my relationships.

Scars from my past don't let me go I always feel much better when I'm sad I punish my lovers for no just cause and I make them Beg and beg I know it's not right but I get joy from seeing them go through such.. I need help!!!! ..

I hope we get some answers from viewers of this thread.

This statement doesn't make sense. If being sad makes you feel better, why change it?
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Miarose: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
It's the virgo in you. Your role here is to empathize and tend to the world. read more about yourself and embrace it. I am exactly like you too. And please, don't marry a Scorpio..
UyaiIncomparabl:

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm not surprised judging from your aggressive and sadistic position on issues, especially your pro feminism and anti-men stance.

Many people feel same way. Many Feminist feel exactly how you feel.my Dear sister. When we tag feminists as bitter, aggressive and sad people, some of you think we were just being insulting.

The first step to receiving help is recognising your deficiency (which you just did).

The next step is to change your views on certain issues that only aggregate your sadness- one of such is the madness called feminism, so that your heart can be opened to give and receive true love and friendship.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
Miarose:
It's the virgo in you. Your role here is to empathize and tend to the world. read more about yourself and embrace it. I am exactly like you too. And please, don't marry a Scorpio..

smiley

Are you a female or male?
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by cococandy(f): 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
Occasional sadness is healthy and can occur from experiences that happen to you or when you empathize with someone who’s having a hard time. It just shows you have a well developed emotional aspect.

But you shouldn’t always be feeling this way. It does sound like depression as mindfulness stated. Maybe you strive to stay sad because you’re afraid if you’re too happy, it might come crashing and leave you disappointed.

You need to seek the help of a professional. No one on NL can be really helpful to you except to advice you to seek help. The rest will just make fun of you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by BarrSly: 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
Mindfulness:

This statement doesn't make sense. If being sad makes you feel better, why change it?

Because in all honesty, it's not what any sane person would do.

Anyway no one can help me but myself.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
crackhaus:

undecided

What?
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
cococandy:
Occasional sadness is healthy and can occur from experiences that happen to you or when you empathize with someone who’s having a hard time. It just shows you have a well developed emotional aspect.

But you shouldn’t always be feeling this way. It does sound like depression as mindfulness stated. Maybe you strive to stay sad because you’re afraid if you’re too happy, it might come crashing and leave you disappointed.

You need to seek the help of a professional. No one on NL can be really helpful to you except to advice you to seek help. The rest will just make fun of you.

You're very right about your last paragraph. I guess there are less sane people here to render some advice. It's really pathetic.

I even get scared to talk to people about my predicament many times because they really do not get my drift.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

I'm not surprised judging from your aggressive and sadistic position on issues, especially your pro feminism and anti-men stance.

Many people feel same way. Many Feminist feel exactly how you feel.my Dear sister. When we tag feminists as bitter, aggressive and sad people, some of you think we were just being insulting.

The first step to receiving help is recognising your deficiency (which you just did).

The next step is to change your views on certain issues that only aggregate your sadness- one of such is the madness called feminism.

Tonye, stop being a clown. I'm a feminist and there's nothing wrong with that. I do not take upon that word just to battle with the superiority of men. I'm a respecter of people; men and women alike. Also, I treat people the way they treat me. So, when I give constructive criticisms, don't see it as hating on men. Not everyone should be sentimental like you.

9 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Tonye, stop being a clown. I'm a feminist and there's nothing wrong with that. I do not take upon that word just to battle Witt the superiority of men. I'm a respecter of people; men and women alike. Also, I treat people the way they treat me. So, when I give constructive criticisms, don't see it as hating on men. Not everyone should be sentimental like you.
You are not ready to help your situation my sister because there is NO WAY you can be a feminist and not be sadistic, aggressive, bitter and angry.

It is a fact that non feministic women are happy and fulfilled women than feminists.

You think I'm just clowning? SMH

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2019
I be want recommend vacation but I no sure say you get the money,so I'll be realistic.
Get your ass up,go find work and be valuable to yourself or simply by better cream,bleach well well,use your last card rent better selfcon for lekki(700k),use 300k furnish am tastefully so that you go fit dey task men 100k per nyu.
When better pepper don rest,move into a tastefully finished flat,buy one better red CLA 250 with spike rims and start dey go Dubai with your cohorts for shopping and yankee for vacay.
Then you come top am plastic surgery for that nyarsh weh you no get and enjoy life with you new found clique.
Since as you don dey mistake Lagos for yankee weh you want become sadist unto empty belle.
Lol funny you....oponu ode.

8 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
Logobenz:
I be want recommend vacation but I no sure say you get the money,so I'll be realistic.
Get your ass up,go find work and be valuable to yourself or simply by better cream,bleach well well,use your last card rent better selfcon for lekki(700k),use 300k furnish am tastefully so that you go fit dey task men 100k per nyu.
When better pepper don rest,move into a tastefully finished flat,buy one better red CLA 250 with spike rims and start dey go Dubai with your cohorts for shopping and yankee for vacay.
Then you come top am plastic surgery for that nyarsh weh you no get and enjoy life with you new found clique.
Since as you don dey mistake Lagos for yankee weh you want become sadist unto empty belle.

Did you read my post at all? Oh. I forgot you have a problem with comprehension.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

You are not ready to help your situation my sister because there is NO WAY you can be a feminist and not be sadistic, aggressive, bitter and angry.

It is a fact that non feministic women are happy and fulfilled women than feminists.

You think I'm just clowning? SMH

Alright. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Ranchhoddas: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
You need Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Did you read my post at all? Oh. I forgot you have a problem with comprehension.
You sef no get my point.
I mean say when bread rest,sadism go fade away. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by jakandeola(m): 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
Mindfulness:

Yeah, and when the initial spark and excitement dies off she will be back to this state and make the relationship unbearable.
I know wat am saying ask uyi if shes in a relationship or not or if shes been wit a guy dis year.u dont understand d feeling wen u love someone and dey love u back too.u feel on top of d world. ave been like her b4, but I notice wen I start relationship I feel happy again.is okay to be sad @nd feel pains but who will share ur pains wen ur single?. money cant buy happiness.
uyi ur a very beautiful girl.get a guy u love and who love u back too if ur mood wont change.

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by jakandeola(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
Logobenz:
keep quite u tink money is evrything.u keep shouting about money wen who get money no dey talk.u get plenty money naim u Neva marry settle down.money is not evrything bro

7 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
jakandeola:
keep quite u tink money is evrything.u keep shouting about money wen who get money no dey talk.u get plenty money naim u Neva marry settle down.money is not evrything bro
Where did I say it's everything? undecided
But a good life filled with people pushes sadism away.
And you know with more money comes more friends of equal value and all,hence the good life.
Btw money is everything smiley
Also,being marriage is now a yardstick for how comfortable a person is?are you crazy?Do you think everyone holds marriage with equal value? undecided
Jesus christ!

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by doitforyou(f): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

You're very right about your last paragraph. I guess there are less sane people here to render some advice. It's really pathetic.

I even get scared to talk to people about my predicament many times because they really do not get my drift.

Yea, wrong crowd.

Type your symptoms on the google search button, and you will find plenty resources online. There are many people that are like you on sane forums that are equipped to help you. It could also be you’re living in a wrong society, when you’ve a very different ideology from the huge majority, it can be very depressing. Probably there isn’t something wrong with you, you just need to be with like minded people.

P.S. you’re not a sadist, sadists derive pleasure from other people’s suffering.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by tsephanyah(f): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
YouTube/Dr joe dispenza.....
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

You fit all the symptoms. Chronic melancholia is the disease of those with above average IQ. You can't bond, form no deep friendships, see everyone as shallow, no one understands you and you get bored easily at work school, marriage and play. You just have to learn to live with it.

Sorry. Everything comes at a price.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Can I Cook For 2k That Would Last Family Of 5 Till Next Week Friday? / Quality Traditional African Nigerian Adire(Tie and Dye), Batik Kampala Fabrics / Sexiest Tribe In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.