Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why Am I So Melancholy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Am I So Melancholy? (6496 Views)

Dead Woman Gave Birth In Her Grave After Burial I So Strange (video) / Why Am I So Unemotional? / Are Women Really “fish Brain” …why Am I So Obsessed About Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by crackhaus: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

What?
I juss dey look you sapiosexually...

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by crackhaus: 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Yo need constant and quality sex with oga
This photo is mad oo gringrin

8 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by wunmi590(m): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
embarassed

Sorry, I can feel your pain, I can see depression setting in.

But most importantly, Nigeria can make somebody behave like that.

I pray you find help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Theflint1(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
Logobenz:
Where did I say it's everything? undecided
But a good life filled with people pushes sadism away.
And you know with more money comes more friends of equal value and all,hence the good life.
Btw money is everything smiley
Also,being marriage is now a yardstick for how comfortable a person is?are you crazy?Do you think everyone holds marriage with equal value? undecided
Jesus christ!

How many times have you come to Nairaland crying that you want to kill yourself? BROKE ASS grin grin grin
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by sisisioge: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
It is well...you have to keep searching for your peace for if you look close enough, you would see that there's so much to be happy about on this our planet. Pele.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by nabegibeg: 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
Miarose:
It's the virgo in you. Your role here is to empathize and tend to the world. read more about yourself and embrace it. I am exactly like you too. And please, don't marry a Scorpio..

All you could do is to link a star sign to this problem?

Dont blame star signs for what your acts and actions

It is a dumb excuse

4 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by nuelyoyo(m): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
If only people knew the OP is trolling.

4 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by havilla(f): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I am never happy. For every reason I have/find, I'm just always happy and content with my sadness. I always find a reason to be downcast and burdened. I'm very skeptical about everything/everyone around me. I carry scars of everything I have seen and see; pain, sadness, disaster, sickness, death etc. I wear on the gloom and doom of a hundred persons. I can't even say if I'm a sadist.

I constantly seek the meaning of life, the reason of my existence, and as soon as I can't find the meaning, I pass aggression or get mad at myself. I don't have trouble building relationships with others, but I don't strive to build them anyway. I don't like people. I have a huge difficulty fitting into the norms of the society. Could it be that I'm not in the right society for me to be appreciated?

I strive to make friends but I cut them off before they even come close. I'm a realist but people misunderstand it as pessimism.

I'm a very good, ambitious, nice, lovable, generous and approachable person, but people scare me. There's no real love in the world. I have a fairly good life to be thankful for. I have good people around me too, thankfully, but I'm still not happy.

I have a stable job. A fairly good business by the side. I have a good shelter above my head, in school and enough food to eat, in fact, I have totally everything to make the average young adult happy. On here, people might mistake me to be an outgoing and bubbly personality, but in real life, I'm not that. I only come here to have fun, and out of here, feel miserable.

I'm not even passionate about what I even do. I have a job but I don't enjoy it. I just love to be by myself and still get angry for being by myself. In turn, I'm called non-challant.

I'm very passionate about the arts, fashion, poetry, academics, but I lack the right motivation to forge with these things. I usually am very immersed in my emotions to do anything reasonable. In totality, I'm just a sad person.

Is there a help to combat recurrent melancholic symptoms? Do other people feel this way? Am I okay?
am a bit like you especially the part about carrying scars and pain, am very sensitive. This may sound silly but what is your birthday day I mean is it 10th, 12th e.g, I researched the day I was born and I was in shock, I discovered a lot about myself and how to work on myself, maybe you should give it a go.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
jakandeola:
I know wat am saying ask uyi if shes in a relationship or not or if shes been wit a guy dis year.u dont understand d feeling wen u love someone and dey love u back too.u feel on top of d world. ave been like her b4, but I notice wen I start relationship I feel happy again.is okay to be sad @nd feel pains but who will share ur pains wen ur single?. money cant buy happiness.
uyi ur a very beautiful girl.get a guy u love and who love u back too if ur mood wont change.

If relationships were the remedy to mental health problems, no married person would suffer from depression or any other mental health issue but the truth is that even married people commit suicide so you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
nuelyoyo:

Maybe.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2019
Logobenz:
You sef no get my point.
I mean say when bread rest,sadism go fade away. smiley

I no get issue if na for that side. I'm doing well for myself. Money isn't comfort, everytime.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Get a puppy. They good emotional support anchor

I got one last month, but I hardly feed it and give it attention.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2019
Mindfulness:

Yeah, and when the initial spark and excitement dies off she will be back to this state and make the relationship unbearable.

Unfortunately, yes.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
nuelyoyo:

I am not.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
Theflint1:

How many times have you come to Nairaland crying that you want to kill yourself? BROKE ASS grin grin grin

Lol. Are you minding him? He's here acting all superficial.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
nabegibeg:

All you could do is to link a star sign to this problem?

Dont blame star signs for what your acts and actions

It is a dumb excuse

What she said is true, mostly. Trust me.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
sisisioge:
It is well...you have to keep searching for your peace for if you look close enough, you would see that there's so much to be happy about on this our planet. Pele.

Thanks, sisisioge. smiley
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
wunmi590:
embarassed

Sorry, I can feel your pain, I can see depression setting in.

But most importantly, Nigeria can make somebody behave like that.

I pray you find help

Thank you so much.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2019
crackhaus:

I juss dey look you sapiosexually...

Mtcheww.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
sweetonugbu:

Sex is not everything.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by crackhaus: 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Mtcheww.

*Hissing* in demisexual accent

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by SirMichael1: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
havilla:
am a bit like you especially the part about carrying scars and pain, am very sensitive. This may sound silly but what is your birthday day I mean is it 10th, 12th e.g, I researched the day I was born and I was in shock, I discovered a lot about myself and how to work on myself, maybe you should give it a go.

I hate to break it to you but you read wrongly. There's no such thing as personalities attached to date of birth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by wunmi590(m): 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thank you so much.

My pleasure
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by havilla(f): 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
SirMichael1:

I hate to break it to you but you read wrongly. There's no such thing as personalities attached to date of birth.
you are free to believe what you want to believe, am not forcing anyone.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
I can still recall the first time I stumbled on an astrology book in my dad's room. Being a bookworm, I took the book, and read. I was shocked to see that my attributes/characteristics were well described under my month of birth, it was unbelievable.

If you are a Capricorn, Virgo, etc, then it's not surprising, because people born under some star signs are melancholy, over serious, afflicted with deep depression, mood swings, etc. They also have great positive characteristics as well and are unique/ great individuals. It's left for you to work on yourself. I worked on myself because I fall under one of the affected star sign.

Luckily for me, I am very much lovable by both genders despite the fact that I am always withdrawn, wear a serious face, etc. I accept friends when they come, so begin to accept friendships. I know the world is bad, I have faced betrayals, but we still have good people, with wisdom you can chose the right friends.

This December I am fully prepared to call up over 20friends to wish them Merry Christmas smiley . Such calls are necessary to sustain friendships.
I am going to the beach, hanging with friends, etc. I know most nija men are bad, they are cheats and claim to be polygamous in nature but you could be lucky, accept dates and make a choice. Be considerate because In one of your posts I stumbled on, I saw the conditions you listed, they were okay, but what's if the man who would love you with his life does not have some of the things you listed? Especially the foreign citizenship stuff? Losen up my dear, life is very very beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by nabegibeg: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

What she said is true, mostly. Trust me.

I hear you
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by armyofone(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
The photo with written text is funny grin crazy!

sweetonugbu:

Op, also try changing your meals. Less carbs more protein/vegetarian diet...More fish less meat.
Weight lifting and HIIT.
Exercise really do help to uplift your mood- you just have to keep doing it.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by meobizy(f): 2:41am On Dec 21, 2019
Somebody is practicing her writing style. I told you to pass me your digits and you're here complaining of unhappiness. My friend, nobody in life is ever satisfied. No matter all the wealth, fame and whatsoever people possess they always have times when they feel down. Accept it, you are breathing. One can't stay happy forever.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by ashatoda: 7:22am On Dec 21, 2019
feminism is not your problem and sex is not though you will be so good in fantasizing about sex and if you get married or in a relationship you are willing to have sex wella. you will like to read and also moved by words especially of knowledge like you said about poem and any genre of music you fall in love with you tend to be swayed by the lyrics which should be deep. you look at people and just by hearing them talk for minutes you can easily predict what they will be and can do you are easily pissed by someone who lacks knowledge and infact it's one of your yardstick in determining who to date and if you are married to someone who is not that brilliant he go hear winnn. you know and easily identify business opportunities but the will to take action is not there cos you are looking for the perfect scenario abeg make I stop talking about you but give the advice wet I get. how do I know this much because I suffer from the same problem so how do I go about it. I believe humans will always be humans it is only God that is perfect definitely I tend to keep people at arm's length I still have 1 or 2 people I open up to actually not all my problems I share but still fairly open up and whenever I am interacting with people I only share what I know if they expose I won't feel so down. I have come to accept my wife for who she is but before na real war the secret sincerely is Jesus. I let Him lead me on and I tend to study the scripture more and He has been able to help me so I will advise that you also need Him and more importantly meditate on the word and try to mirror your life according to the word meanwhile be careful not to make yourself a slave of pastor you need a church where the word in the real sense of it is shared where you will be free but still responsible to God by living a holy life try this and most importantly study and try to improve yourself on wherever you take note you are weak then no prob you are also not perfect accept who you are after all God sef accept you as you are

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Rhema14(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I am never happy. For every reason I have/find, I'm just always happy and content with my sadness. I always find a reason to be downcast and burdened. I'm very skeptical about everything/everyone around me. I carry scars of everything I have seen and see; pain, sadness, disaster, sickness, death etc. I wear on the gloom and doom of a hundred persons. I can't even say if I'm a sadist.

I constantly seek the meaning of life, the reason of my existence, and as soon as I can't find the meaning, I pass aggression or get mad at myself. I don't have trouble building relationships with others, but I don't strive to build them anyway. I don't like people. I have a huge difficulty fitting into the norms of the society. Could it be that I'm not in the right society for me to be appreciated?

I strive to make friends but I cut them off before they even come close. I'm a realist but people misunderstand it as pessimism.

I'm a very good, ambitious, nice, lovable, generous and approachable person, but people scare me. There's no real love in the world. I have a fairly good life to be thankful for. I have good people around me too, thankfully, but I'm still not happy.

I have a stable job. A fairly good business by the side. I have a good shelter above my head, in school and enough food to eat, in fact, I have totally everything to make the average young adult happy. On here, people might mistake me to be an outgoing and bubbly personality, but in real life, I'm not that. I only come here to have fun, and out of here, feel miserable.

I'm not even passionate about what I even do. I have a job but I don't enjoy it. I just love to be by myself and still get angry for being by myself. In turn, I'm called non-challant.

I'm very passionate about the arts, fashion, poetry, academics, but I lack the right motivation to forge with these things. I usually am very immersed in my emotions to do anything reasonable. In totality, I'm just a sad person.

Is there a help to combat recurrent melancholic symptoms? Do other people feel this way? Am I okay?

I have had exactly the same experience you shared in the past....I prolonged for a long time before I finally break free.

Now it's a thing of the past for me..I am excited and motivated everyday.
Contact me on 07066232575 to share tips on how I break free
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by oboy81: 7:46am On Dec 21, 2019

Try and help people. give for the love of giving, give without expecting anything in return. you seem smart enough, so be honest to yourself, be discerning and help ppl who really need help. This is Your own little way of Improving humanity.
There is real satisafaction and happiness in Giving. smiley
Also "stop causing Controversies" oh you hear, lol it's all vanity
#mytwocents

Merry Christmas to you

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Rhema14(m): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2019
Just as OP said in her post

My past experience with depression sterm from trying to find meaning in Life.
I remember this popular song:

Everyone is looking for something, something that makes it all complete

You find it in different places, places u never knew it could be

Some find it in the face of their loved ones, some find it in their lovers eyes

YOU CAN DENY THE JOY IT BRINGS WHEN YOU FIND THE SPECIAL THING...YOU FLYING WITHOUT WINGS

I found my meaning in life...and everyday ever, I am motivated and busting in excitement despite the odds of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What A Man Can Do A Woman Cannot Do Better. / LOOK AT THIS !!! Businesses You Can Startup With Little Or No Capital / Mastubation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.