Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Why Am I So Melancholy? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Am I So Melancholy? (6570 Views)

Dead Woman Gave Birth In Her Grave After Burial I So Strange (video) / Why Am I So Unemotional? / Are Women Really “fish Brain” …why Am I So Obsessed About Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
Logobenz:
I be want recommend vacation but I no sure say you get the money,so I'll be realistic.
Get your ass up,go find work and be valuable to yourself or simply by better cream,bleach well well,use your last card rent better selfcon for lekki(700k),use 300k furnish am tastefully so that you go fit dey task men 100k per nyu.
When better pepper don rest,move into a tastefully finished flat,buy one better red CLA 250 with spike rims and start dey go Dubai with your cohorts for shopping and yankee for vacay.
Then you come top am plastic surgery for that nyarsh weh you no get and enjoy life with you new found clique.
Since as you don dey mistake Lagos for yankee weh you want become sadist unto empty belle.
Lol funny you....oponu ode.

Logobenz madman grin

No carry this madness into 2020 o, hailings cool

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:27am On Dec 26, 2019
frozen70:

The truth is you are complacent with your kind of life and not ready to pull out of it

I wonder how you can raise a family with this system

My personality has nothing to do with my ability to raise a family. And who said a reward comes with it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:29am On Dec 26, 2019
culf:
you can change if you really want to, do you want to change?

I think I'm fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by culf: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I think I'm fine.

its OK.
but know that no one is an Ireland, you need one or two good friends around you.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
culf:

its OK.

but know that no one is an Ireland, you need one or two good friends around you.

I know. I'm not just searching for anyhow friends. If I have to get, then it had better be worth it.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Chapter1vs6(m): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I know. I'm not just searching for anyhow friends. If I have to get, then it had better be worth it.
happy Christmas
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by unbitchable(m): 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I am never happy. For every reason I have/find, I'm just always happy and content with my sadness. I always find a reason to be downcast and burdened. I'm very skeptical about everything/everyone around me. I carry scars of everything I have seen and see; pain, sadness, disaster, sickness, death etc. I wear on the gloom and doom of a hundred persons. I can't even say if I'm a sadist.

I constantly seek the meaning of life, the reason of my existence, and as soon as I can't find the meaning, I pass aggression or get mad at myself. I don't have trouble building relationships with others, but I don't strive to build them anyway. I don't like people. I have a huge difficulty fitting into the norms of the society. Could it be that I'm not in the right society for me to be appreciated?

I strive to make friends but I cut them off before they even come close. I'm a realist but people misunderstand it as pessimism.

I'm a very good, ambitious, nice, lovable, generous and approachable person, but people scare me. There's no real love in the world. I have a fairly good life to be thankful for. I have good people around me too, thankfully, but I'm still not happy.

I have a stable job. A fairly good business by the side. I have a good shelter above my head, in school and enough food to eat, in fact, I have totally everything to make the average young adult happy. On here, people might mistake me to be an outgoing and bubbly personality, but in real life, I'm not that. I only come here to have fun, and out of here, feel miserable.

I'm not even passionate about what I even do. I have a job but I don't enjoy it. I just love to be by myself and still get angry for being by myself. In turn, I'm called non-challant.

I'm very passionate about the arts, fashion, poetry, academics, but I lack the right motivation to forge with these things. I usually am very immersed in my emotions to do anything reasonable. In totality, I'm just a sad person.

Is there a help to combat recurrent melancholic symptoms? Do other people feel this way? Am I okay?
There's nothing wrong with you unless you lack self love, self development & self fulfillment. if you have, then peoples's perception matters a lot less. guess you ain't materialistic & luxury ( if I ain't overestimating). Many a time, after the day's luxury & looking at what i've had, i feel like something is missing except the smiles i put on the faces of people.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by IceColdVeins(m): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2019
How did you know?
Nooil:

Im betting you're less than 27
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2019
IceColdVeins:
How did you know?

As a Libra, you're in your wickedness phase where you will hurt people without caring. Try and fight this, and also avoid laziness if you don't want to end up depending on a woman when you grow up.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by maddman: 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

My personality has nothing to do with my ability to raise a family. And who said a reward comes with it?

Hey! If your OP is real — probably not — I'd say you're clinically depressed which might have resulted from host of factors: genetic, being a victim of any form of abuse in your formative years, substance abuse and, wait for it, being woke (I know smart peeps that dabbled into philosophy and acquired 'forbidden knowlege' about existence and eventually slid into depression).

If any of the above apply to you, good news, you can get help since you've got the cash (again if your OP is real). Simply book an appointment with a good shrink, depending on the outcome you might get some antidepressants.

But if you're brave enough to go my way — as a broke nigga who relates well with your OP but at peace with it — then you should make Mary Jane your best friend. I can't afford therapy but I can afford marijuana and it's been quite helpful.

Lastly, forget those saying one or two things about your month of birth vis-a-vis your apathy and melancholia because astrology is confirmed horsesh'it. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by armyofone(m): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
Ma'am, simply give yours to op.

Nooil:

Don't give people advise of things you know nothing about. You should say less or no processed carbs because complex carbs will do her a lot of good

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Heloct(f): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2019
Joy is from within Sis. From within.

No matter what happens around you, that sadness will still be there. Because even happiness is based on happenings. Once the vibe is over, sadness returns.

I don't know how you will do it. Maybe see a therapist as suggested earlier but note this, the spark you need to be happy is in you.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by megatran(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
i have not really thought myself as being melachonlic. however, i am struggling with finding happiness in people. i try spoiling myself with gifts but those too have their happiness faded in a short time. Recently, i have found myself not being able to strive to make money. its getting me pissed. if anyone has such character traits, i did welcome his or her own view because all this makes life boring even in the face of peoples envy.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by culf: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

how will you get in the first place when you're always to yourself.

I was worse than you but i'm different now, thanks to the Lady that told me that I'm snobbish. Though I don't owe her anything or how I live my life but her statement did a whole lot.

complement of the season.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by SirMichael1: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nooil:

Ever heard of numerology?

The study of numbers?
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by RoseyJ: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
If you truly have these things, then there is a missing link. Are you in a relationship? And do you truly love him?
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by backbone503(m): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
You can't be talked into or gifted happiness. It comes from within, and only when the heart is filled with love and gratitude. Love heals, attracts more love, fills vacuums, erases scars and transforms lives.
These few tips could help:
1. Do at least one good deed everyday to someone (anyone) without expecting any form of reward (not even a "Thank you"wink.
2. Make-out time to render simple selfless/voluntary services. e.g. you can join in cleaning up your church.
3. Visit and spend quality time with your loved ones.
4. Keep good and healthy company. Be around people that truly care about you.
5. Activate your hobbies. Do something that makes you happy.
6. Each day, try get a quiet place, be still and go within. Let go of all your worries and concerns. Sit or lie for about 10-15mins and reminisce on an event, something or someone that makes you exceptionally happy.
7. Above all, strengthen your relationship with God. When you pray, avoid directional prayers, where you tend to command, make demands and petition the Almighty. Rather, show gratitude for His blessings in your life, and just surrender everything into His precious hand.

Remember, you are solely responsible for your life. The choice to be happy or sad is always yours to make. The buck stops right before you!

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by djoe21(m): 6:43am On Dec 30, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I am never happy. For every reason I have/find, I'm just always happy and content with my sadness. I always find a reason to be downcast and burdened. I'm very skeptical about everything/everyone around me. I carry scars of everything I have seen and see; pain, sadness, disaster, sickness, death etc. I wear on the gloom and doom of a hundred persons. I can't even say if I'm a sadist.

I constantly seek the meaning of life, the reason of my existence, and as soon as I can't find the meaning, I pass aggression or get mad at myself. I don't have trouble building relationships with others, but I don't strive to build them anyway. I don't like people. I have a huge difficulty fitting into the norms of the society. Could it be that I'm not in the right society for me to be appreciated?

I strive to make friends but I cut them off before they even come close. I'm a realist but people misunderstand it as pessimism.

I'm a very good, ambitious, nice, lovable, generous and approachable person, but people scare me. There's no real love in the world. I have a fairly good life to be thankful for. I have good people around me too, thankfully, but I'm still not happy.

I have a stable job. A fairly good business by the side. I have a good shelter above my head, in school and enough food to eat, in fact, I have totally everything to make the average young adult happy. On here, people might mistake me to be an outgoing and bubbly personality, but in real life, I'm not that. I only come here to have fun, and out of here, feel miserable.

I'm not even passionate about what I even do. I have a job but I don't enjoy it. I just love to be by myself and still get angry for being by myself. In turn, I'm called non-challant.

I'm very passionate about the arts, fashion, poetry, academics, but I lack the right motivation to forge with these things. I usually am very immersed in my emotions to do anything reasonable. In totality, I'm just a sad person.

Is there a help to combat recurrent melancholic symptoms? Do other people feel this way? Am I okay?

Your problem is simply lack of LOVE.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by SirMichael1: 7:18am On Jan 02, 2020
Nooil:

Ever heard of numerology?
The study of numbers?? More than I can count.
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Rawhumper(m): 12:45am On May 26, 2020
We are similar,mine is mood swing...
I was about to sleep when i came across your dp and ur posts.

You really look like one....if you need help you can dm me so that i can ask you some personal queations you need to be very honest with me.
I bet you,you feel relieved.

Here are few,
Have you been sexually abused before especially when you were growing up or by cloae relative?

Have you ever been in love and heartbroken?

You case isnt as serious as you think,with the right theraphy you get out from that state.

Till then take care

UyaiIncomparabl:

Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by gowonmaharajah(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
ashatoda:
feminism is not your problem and sex is not though you will be so good in fantasizing about sex and if you get married or in a relationship you are willing to have sex wella. you will like to read and also moved by words especially of knowledge like you said about poem and any genre of music you fall in love with you tend to be swayed by the lyrics which should be deep. you look at people and just by hearing them talk for minutes you can easily predict what they will be and can do you are easily pissed by someone who lacks knowledge and infact it's one of your yardstick in determining who to date and if you are married to someone who is not that brilliant he go hear winnn. you know and easily identify business opportunities but the will to take action is not there cos you are looking for the perfect scenario abeg make I stop talking about you but give the advice wet I get. how do I know this much because I suffer from the same problem so how do I go about it. I believe humans will always be humans it is only God that is perfect definitely I tend to keep people at arm's length I still have 1 or 2 people I open up to actually not all my problems I share but still fairly open up and whenever I am interacting with people I only share what I know if they expose I won't feel so down. I have come to accept my wife for who she is but before na real war the secret sincerely is Jesus. I let Him lead me on and I tend to study the scripture more and He has been able to help me so I will advise that you also need Him and more importantly meditate on the word and try to mirror your life according to the word meanwhile be careful not to make yourself a slave of pastor you need a church where the word in the real sense of it is shared where you will be free but still responsible to God by living a holy life try this and most importantly study and try to improve yourself on wherever you take note you are weak then no prob you are also not perfect accept who you are after all God sef accept you as you are
sir,what is your birth month?
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by abdullahi45: 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
Sounds like depression.

Unfortunately we live in a world where people are ashamed to admit that they feel sad and miserable. They feel it makes you look weak, boring and vulnerable. So we carry fake smiles on our faces on the outside because we don't want to pollute the 'happy' air around us.

What you don't know is that almost everyone you see looking happy all the time are also faking it like you.

And so we keep feeling disconnected and alone in the world, because we can't truly connect with others emotionally on a deeper level.

Do you still have these feelings?
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Youngpo413: 2:41am On Sep 09, 2021
jakandeola:
u need a relationship. u need sex.u need true love. most pple who enjoy dis are always happy in life
they like sex die...
Re: Why Am I So Melancholy? by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Sep 09, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Do you struggle with any 3 of the following symptoms?
■Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
■Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
■Irritability
■Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
■Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
■Decreased energy or fatigue
■Moving or talking more slowly
■Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
■Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
■Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
■Appetite and/or weight changes
■Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
■Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment

What you describe sounds a lot like Depression and you are best seeing a mental health professional for help. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'I Caught My Husband Having Sex With My Best Friend' / What Can I Cook For 2k That Would Last Family Of 5 Till Next Week Friday? / Can Men Be Trusted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.