Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,722 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) (49815 Views)

Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria / See What Wema Bank Did To Support Their Customers / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing their125th Anniversary Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
Alcoron:
Given, he made some tweets about the issue on Twitter and did some of the things you suggested. But I keep wondering why he is not pushing it aggressively on Twitter instead of Nairaland. Twitter is the best place for this kind of fight really.
Op make another tweet starting with "it doesn't take more than 2s to retweet" and go straight to the point like you did in your Nairaland ad banner. And share the link aggressively under popular tweets, under tweets of celebrities and see the magic. I see people do this with a lot of results and free for that matter. Nobody will see your case and will not be moved.
Keep sharing the links and don't stop, you can get someone to help you.
Thank you sir. We will keep it up. God bless you and your family.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Alcoron: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
xtremecr8:

Thank you sir. We will keep it up. God bless you and your family.
I made some modifications, you can read the post again if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2020

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank you all for your support.
We are grateful to you too Saharareporters for standing behind us despite the attack on your economic interests.

https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself/videos/723288038412109/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FReportYourself%2Fvideos%2F723288038412109%2F&_rdr

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Phraences: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
I support you XtremeCre8tivity. Don't let people here bully you into silence. "Everybody is crying out for peace, no one is crying out for justice". Why should you go to their legal unit?. If they wanted to resolve the issue, the Mumuni lady would have called you for a meeting with her and other management members. They want to go the legal route because they have power there. The case would probably last for 50years or they bribe the judge and get away with it. Don't mind those telling you to sue. Legal route will make your pocket run dry unless you find a lawyer who can do it free. This is also a lessen to you. Trust no one especially the rich. Like David, they prefer to take the single sheep in the poor man's farm. Rich people are ruthless. That is why they remain rich. In her mind, Ani Mumuni feels she is wise. She has saved First Bank some expenses by cheating you. That is the mindset of big people. Trust no one. Next time let your lawyer be involved in all your dealings. May God fight for you. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Viking007(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
xtremecr8:
Thank you all for your support.
We are grateful to you too Saharareporters for standing behind us despite the attack on your economic interests.

https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself/videos/723288038412109/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FReportYourself%2Fvideos%2F723288038412109%2F&_rdr
smiley You're currently trending on Twitter. Congratulations.

5 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Viking007:
smiley You're currently trending on Twitter. Congratulations.
We thank Nigerians. They have stood solidly behind us and even when YouTube pulled down our video , Saharareporters went on Facebook and now this on Twitter?We are overwhelmed with gratitude to you all.
We have never doubted that we still have men and women of conscience in this land. We just want to be paid for our hardwork and creative talent then give hope to those who have also been cheated sir. It has been gruelling but we will remain resolute.
Thank you once again sir.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by kaycee125: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
I rt your tweet.
xtremecr8:

We thank Nigerians. They have stood solidly behind us and even when YouTube pulled down our video , Saharareporters went on Facebook and now this on Twitter?We are overwhelmed with gratitude to you all.
We have never doubted that we still have men and women of conscience in this land. We just want to be paid for our hardwork and creative talent then give hope to those who have also been cheated sir. It has been gruelling but we will remain resolute.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by olalekan9320(m): 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
xtremecr8:

I came here immediately I saw it trending on twitter. Don't mind them, they can donate to government basket but can't pay. Ole bank

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Singerr(m): 8:26am On Apr 22, 2020
My brother... I will share my story with FBN with you...

xtremecr8:

There is no such thing. They wrote to us to make a request and we have provided them what they requested so it is fair to leave them out especially since they already got what they requested from us. It's Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney that's just referring to it in her email stating she referred the issue there after we discovered the IP theft . To the best of our knowledge that unit has finished with us and we have no business going back to them since we have provided them what they requested.
Even if the FBN trolls keep writing it multiple times, it won't distract us and we will educate people like you on the truth.
The legal unit was not responsible for lifting the logo we designed for their 125th Year Anniversary celebrations behind us. They were not involved in the pricing discussion and they were there when someone inside FBN authorized the use of our Intellectual property behind us and not paying us so we were deliberately left in a limbo. They wrote to us and we have provided what they requested from us and that's been over 3 months now.
We have waited for so long and no one in FIRST Bank is considering our plight. We spent a lot of money, time and hardwork to create that masterpiece, we don't deserve that kind of treatment before getting paid and that's partly why we need other small brands to know.
Those people who stole our Intellectual property for the bank's use are still calling the shots and they don't feel remorseful just a bit because they have been doing it and getting away with it.
We can't continue like this as a people.
Big brands don't kill small brands, they nurture them. That First Bank Plc can take all our hardwork and not pay us for it is going to kill us.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Singerr:
My brother... I will share my story with FBN with you...

Please share sir. Thank you for offering to speak out too sir.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by IAmSkinny: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
As a fellow creative, I am shocked to the bone marrows. This is first class wickedness. It is even more disappointing seeing people taking sides with FBN.
How can they be using your output comfortably and unhinged without paying a dime for it.

You will get justice sir......in due time.

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Damitimo: 5:48am On Apr 24, 2020
Please any update on this. I hope you’ve been contacted.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Alcoron: 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Congratulations, your struggle has finally trended on Twitter. You know how to continue from here.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Alcoron: 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Damitimo:
Probably they have contacted him, cheers.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
Damitimo:
We are still being scorned and have not received any interest by FBN to resolve the issue.
They're still using our logo and still used it in their recently released audited result where they claimed to have spent N18.3 billion on adverts and promotion in 2019 yet didn't pay us a dime for designing the logo of their 125th Year anniversary.

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Chamladas: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
Sorry op. I will suggest you take them to court.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Alcoron: 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
This is so sad, but you have to sustain maximum pressure. You should have mentioned those handles further up in your Twitter thread, so they can get more retweets and likes, and the people will get more mention notifications.
Again, you don't hammer (enough) that you sold the copywriting of "Woven into the fabrics of society" to them. That's very good marketing you did there. That term aptly describes FirstBank. Yes, it can be argued that's not a novel expression but it's because you used it for them in your logo that they realized they should buy the idea. They loved it a lot, that's why they printed it boldly on the vertical banners they displayed at their headquarters.
Emphasizing that copywriting will be a good way to score some more points.

3 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Jh0wsef(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please don't stop putting pressure. funny thing is this bank is acting blind to your efforts. but don't stop. let them feel the pressure.
Useless bank. I'm a graphic designer as well.. And I know what it feels like even with 5k flyer jobs.

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by chardyni(m): 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
@xtremecr8

What about the agreement? No document was pasted here. Paste the acknowledged agreement and redact sensitive areas, then you would have my support. I would move my account from FBN. Maybe your request was forwarded to the legal department because you claim is not tenable.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by tellbiodun(f): 11:09am On May 15, 2020
SocialJustice:
I'll be here to laugh at your foolishness for years when this is over.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by CyberEBOLA(m): 7:56am On May 19, 2020
After all the money spent, time spent and effort to create awareness and make firstbank pay, 1kobo did not still drop from firstbank.
It is well ooo.

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by kryptochats: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
so las las this people no still pay you your money ? chai upon all the funds spent on advert na wa
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by einsteine(m): 9:37am On Jun 29, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
After all the money spent, time spent and effort to create awareness and make firstbank pay, 1kobo did not still drop from firstbank.
It is well ooo.

That's because the OP has approached the matter foolishly (for lack of a better word). He's attempting to use the court of public opinion to blackmail (that's what it seems like) first bank.

He has failed to create any sort of public outrage and he does not have any legal proof for his claims. He is also unwilling to get his lawyers to meet FBN.

I wonder what he's trying to achieve by spending resources on what now appears to be a dead end.

He has trended on Twitter and Nairaland and gotten space on the rabble-rousers called Sahara Reporters. That's the extent of the results of his poor tactics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
We are not the only victim of First Bank Plc and it didn't start today.Here is an account of one of the former members of staff of First Bank Plc
https://www.tekedia.com/my-firstbank-journey-end-of-the-beginning/

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
We will get Justice because God is a God of Justice.
No amount of paid trolls will deter us.
We worked very hard to create that logo and we deserve to be paid for our hardwork of creating their 125th Anniversary logo.

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Chirowman(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
you deserve to be paid

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by chubbyG(m): 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Please do not stop this fight, No matter how long it takes.
If possible every month or year on facebook or twitter inform the public about it.
(Eg we celebrate our One year Anniversary of FBN not paying us)
Don't listen to people telling you how your emotions ruined this, or how bad you have reacted.
There is a contract, your intellectual knowledge was used without a dime.
Please keep this fight forever until you're paid.

3 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2020
chubbyG:
Please do not stop this fight, No matter how long it takes.
If possible every month or year on facebook or twitter inform the public about it.
(Eg we celebrate our One year Anniversary of FBN not paying us)
Don't listen to people telling you how your emotions ruined this, or how bad you have reacted.
There is a contract, your intellectual knowledge was used without a dime.
Please keep this fight forever until you're paid.

Thank you very much sir. We will not give up sir. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by SocialJustice: 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
xtremecr8:

Thank you very much sir. We will not give up sir. God bless you sir.
Have you been able to get a kobo from FBN?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

My Recently Opened Carwash Business. / My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.